• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB is NOT on the MLG 09 Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This is a ****ing joke. God forbid there's something other than a 360 shooter on the circuit...

Oh wait. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that ****ING WORLD OF WARCRAFT THAT I SEE?!?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I don't understand. Nintendo loves money. Mlg loves representation. MLG plus Nintendo product = money. so... wtf

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Microsoft owns MLG that should be old news to everyone (well at least I thought) but hey we still have a chance to make the smash community big if we just do some of these things:

Don't flame each other on which smash game is better we all know that Melee has the more in-depth skill that is old news so why bring it up it just causes flaming and arguing and blah blah blah over and over SSB64 plays to much online and not that much offline (I might be wrong) but mostly all I hear about is online don't complain about it being old because EVO had ST2 which is a real old MvC2 which is like 9 years old and Street FIghter 3: 3rd strike I play all three of those games and I can see why there still part of the EVO line (ST is now SFHD remix since its sort of the same some chracters are a little but more better now) Melee can still do well if we first just keep the community know and blown around smashboards alot not just on the Melee discussion boards I mean where the SSB64 players and Brawl players just can't help but notice it what I mean is like combo vids really huge Torunies that will attract not just the melee players who stayed when brawl was out but maybe the SSB64 and Brawl crowd as well I dunno whatever floats your boat basically. As long as we stick together as a "family" group whatever and not get all worked up about which smash is better overall we should be doing well.

Yes Brawl is mostly a defensive game if you don't like it don't play it but don't flame the people for it

Melee is more offensive same thing goes with the brawl statement

SSB64 was more combo-ish (sorry about that, first word that came in my mind XD) and it needed timing I treat that game as a more offensive version as well but I may be wrong since I never really played it.

But long story short if you want smash to get noticed start getting REALLY dedicated about it thats just my 2 cents though.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Brawl is awesome.

Ubuntu is decent, in a desktop-yuppie tries-to-make-it-easy-4-n00bs here's-some-graphics kinda way. Dunno much about SuSE, but I guess it tries for the same demographic. I'm a Debian / ArchLinux guy myself.

MLG made a really dumb decision, considering the amount of $$$ changing hands in brawl tourneys all across...... and the amount of scrubs that play it. The number of wifi communities everywhere, etc............. bawrl is win, MLG hype woulda just helped it skyrocket. Their loss, I guess.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Regardless on whether or not you like Brawl or Melee, realize that MLG excluded both of the games. So the Smash community as a whole was ostracized from the event. That sucks no matter how you look at it. What is even worse is that they put Halo 3 in it. Not only are there FPSs that are better than Halo 3, they put a console FPS on the MLG lineup. That is stupidity right there.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I fail to see how anyone could be happy about the lack of Smash at MLG. This is really a big letdown. Is smashboards only good for more ad space?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so MLG buys this web site - not to promote Smash and have it in their lineup, but to have stupid ads and then stick it to all the fanboys who love brawl and could make them money?

Wow, you suck MLG.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
EVO completely don't have Smash, MLG is not all bad but it is bad. I don't get why they have Halo but not Brawl. =/

Halo 3 is better than Brawl in terms of skill and it's way more exciting. So is Street Fighter AND LOL LETS NOT FORGET MELEE.

I still dont understand it though, wtf, Brawl would net them such a **** load of viewers.

Panix

Smash Ace
Halo 3 is better than Brawl in terms of skill and it's way more exciting. So is Street Fighter AND LOL LETS NOT FORGET MELEE.

I still dont understand it though, wtf, Brawl would net them such a **** load of viewers.
I laughed at this comment so hard.

Halo 3 is better then brawl.

then i started cracking up.

in therms of skill and it's way more exciting

then i started to roll on the floor laughing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Someone should hack MLG's website and make it nothing but a pic of Master Chief getting Knee'd by Falcon. That'll show the b*stards.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Halo 3 is better than Brawl in terms of skill and it's way more exciting.
You can't even compare the two in terms of skill, they are two completely different game genres with contrasting ways of becoming good.

Also, for a spectator, Halo 2 is exciting. Melee is exciting. Brawl is exciting if players aren't being extremely defensive. Halo 3 is not very exciting, even on close-quarters maps. Neither is GoW2.

MLG has gone downhill.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

in therms of skill and it's way more exciting

You cant even spell what I said correctly.

Brawl is a game that rewards camping way more than offense, I'd rather watch old Melee videos than watch Brawl.

How the hell does Halo 3 not take more skill than Brawl. No scope sniper shots are probably harder to do than the hardest skills in Brawl.

Fletch

Smash Master

in thermsof skill and it's way more exciting

I love 08ers. I don't know what units of heat have to do with skill though.

I'm really not that surprised they didn't add Brawl, I am surprised though that they didn't add so many of the other quality fighters out there. As much as I want them to add Melee again too or even SSB64, I know it will never happen without Nintendo endorsement.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Don't flame each other on which smash game is better we all know that Melee has the more in-depth skill that is old news so why bring it up it just causes flaming and arguing and blah blah blah over and over SSB64 plays to much online and not that much offline (I might be wrong) but mostly all I hear about is online don't complain about it being old because EVO had ST2 which is a real old MvC2 which is like 9 years old and Street FIghter 3: 3rd strike I play all three of those games and I can see why there still part of the EVO line (ST is now SFHD remix since its sort of the same some chracters are a little but more better now) Melee can still do well if we first just keep the community know and blown around smashboards alot not just on the Melee discussion boards I mean where the SSB64 players and Brawl players just can't help but notice it what I mean is like combo vids really huge Torunies that will attract not just the melee players who stayed when brawl was out but maybe the SSB64 and Brawl crowd as well I dunno whatever floats your boat basically.
What a sentence!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I quit halo 3 in favor of brawl. Not much you can do after getting 50 anyway, besides if you watch people play there is a million times more johning mid-match than ive ever seen in any smash match from any of the three games. I used to always get so angry when something stupid happened or when LAG happened. And I have never broken a GC controller while playing brawl but I have broken 360 controllers while playing halo

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Halo 3 in itself is a mediocre FPS. I do give it credit however in it's team aspect with stategies and such. My brother plays a team in the Halo circuit and there is alot of practice and prep that goes into a good Halo team.

BUT, is it a better competitive game than Brawl/Melee? Not at all. Waay more goes into 1v1 Smash sets than any Halo 4v4 matches. More thinking & more skill IMO.

Anyways, I am upset MLG would totally ignore the HUGE Smash fanbase and competive players. However, if are to ever get Smash on the circuit, we have got to stop hating on each others smash games...plzzzz? It would at least make reading these sort of threads more tolerable :)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Halo 3 in itself is a mediocre FPS. I do give it credit however in it's team aspect with stategies and such. My brother plays a team in the Halo circuit and there is alot of practice and prep that goes into a good Halo team.

BUT, is it a better competitive game than Brawl/Melee? Not at all. Waay more goes into 1v1 Smash sets than any Halo 4v4 matches. More thinking & more skill IMO.

Anyways, I am upset MLG would totally ignore the HUGE Smash fanbase and competive players. However, if are to ever get Smash on the circuit, we have got to stop hating on each others smash games...plzzzz? It would at least make reading these sort of threads more tolerable :)
The fact that you call Halo 3 a mediocre FPS shows a lot of biased thinking dude. Halo 3 takes a lot of skill, team work, and you need to learn a lot of ****.

Brawl's technical skill gap between pros and noobs is nowhere near that of Halo's, get out of imaginary land. Find me some idiot who barely plays Halo 3 like once a month and can easily pull of sniper head shots and BR 4 shots the way pros do, and can easily work with a team.

There is way the **** too much misinformation about Halo it's pathetic.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wonder how much hate mail and flaming pms MLG_JV has received lol. Poor guy.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
one thing that brawl and melee has that no other game can come close to having

lets give mlg the old one two

FALCON PUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I seriously wonder why MLG didn't include Smash, I mean obviously if the players there play super campy it wont be too awesome to watch but I mean it will net them a **** ton of cash.

I smell some bigotry.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you call Halo 3 a mediocre FPS shows a lot of biased thinking dude. Halo 3 takes a lot of skill, team work, and you need to learn a lot of ****.

Brawl's technical skill gap between pros and noobs is nowhere near that of Halo's, get out of imaginary land. Find me some idiot who barely plays Halo 3 like once a month and can easily pull of sniper head shots and BR 4 shots the way pros do, and can easily work with a team.

There is way the **** too much misinformation about Halo it's pathetic.
:/ I was talking more of it as a FPS. Nothing too much stand out about it by itself. I was actually complementing it with what the competitive community has made it with team strats and the like. Kind of like what we have done (To the best of our ability) have done with Brawl. I am not talking down about the skill it takes...

I was going off of games with me and my bro. As I mentioned, he plays in the Halo Circuit and we play (I barely play) and I get owned. He plays with me in Brawl (He barely plays) and he gets owned.

Not talking bad about Halo mmkay? I think you missed when I said,

"I do give it credit however in it's team aspect with stategies and such. My brother plays a team in the Halo circuit and there is alot of practice and prep that goes into a good Halo team."

just saying I believe more thinking goes into a Melee/Brawl match.

Geist

Smash Master
Why am I getting involved in this conversation...
I'd like to make a point that it isn't the amount of thinking you have to do that makes a game competitive. If this were true, we'd all be playing reversi and tetris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59y2KLDT_1Y

While I know that Halo 3 wasn't the greatest game ever to be released, it falls on the same concept of why Brawl is popular, because it's a sequel to a really really good game. Nevertheless even with a dying fanbase and newer, shinier, more bloody, testosterone filled games each with their completely original concept of mass genocide are coming out, it doesn't stop halo from being able to stand on its own feet as its own game. I have an inkling that if Brawl was released as it's own game and Melee and 64 never existed, there would be a substantially less amount of people playing it, and it would be selling even less copies in compairison to Wii Fit.

While I personally love Halo 3, moreso than its prequel for personal reasons, I have no idea why people had so eagerly left it for Halo 2, while others have stuck with games like Melee, ST, and GGXX, even though their shiny new adversaries have come out.

We can all agree that depth isn't what's making the MLG curcuit revolve anymore, or at least not as much as it was, and games are suffering from pretty bad cases of sequelitis.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Both games require different mindsets.

But yeah, I'd rather watch the top Halo matches over Brawl any day. >_>

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
That's it I suppose. Different mindsets..
I would most definitely watch top Brawl matches over top Halo 3 matches.
Oh well, different opinions.

Oracle

Smash Master
Brawl is boring to watch. The only reason they don't put melee back on is that when the non smashers watched they would be all like "wtf there's a newer game" because they don't know how terrible brawl is to watch. That and MLG probably thinks that no one would come play melee because they believe it only has like 5 players.

Hopefully JV can come down and explain

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
Microsoft doesn't own MLG. FIFA isn't and never has been on the MLG circuit. Some people said both of those earlier in the thread and they aren't true. Anyways, I'm really surprised and disappointed that they didn't pick up brawl. I'm not sure but I think that COT4 had more entrants than WOW brings in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom