• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Here's another comparison:

The one on the left is from her Brawl trophy, and the other two are her appearances in Uprising. It's definitely much more smoother and curvier than in Brawl, and this is on the 3DS as well.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I see what he's talking about. In the 3DS version her staff is rounded. On the Wii U its pointed.

Its not hard to make a pointy object on the 3DS. (Giggity) like a sword for example. Or an arrow.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would agree with Sakurai just playing along with the Palutena leak if he only posted that one pic with Viridi right after the fact and nothing else, but 3 out of the past 6 had something Kid Icarus related, with one of them being a NEW WII U STAGE FEATURING A PALUTENA STATUE.

Clearly there is more to this leak, otherwise why would Sakurai continuously troll us about it? He's a tease, but not a monster.

...Right?
...This is Sakurai.
This is the guy that thought tripping would be a perfect mechanic.
...And the guy who made us believe he cut Ness with Lucas.
...Anything is possible...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Why would gaming sites troll their readers, seems like a bad idea to do that, because it will just make the website less reliable.
People like to lie about things to bring more hype and attention to their website. Maybe not "troll" persay. But rather, maybe they were actually able to find a leak about those characters, and then they milked the cow and started lying with it.
Like most people said, hardly ANYONE could guess the WFT was going to be announced, so people almost have like no option but to believe them, this could lead to them saying pretty much whatever they wanted.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Like most people said, hardly ANYONE could guess the WFT was going to be announced, so people almost have like no option but to believe them, this could lead to them saying pretty much whatever they wanted.
Indeed. I was the one out of my crew to guess it in, and I've only heard one other guess it as well. Often sites will give out fool's information without noting that you need to take it with a grain of salt or two. It saddens me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't think the staff is a good reason to throw it out. Aside from the practicality issue, the statue would probably lack details that the playable model would have as it doesn't have to be a complete port of it.

...And the guy who made us believe he cut Ness with Lucas.
To be honest, we walked into that one ourselves.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Here's another comparison:

The one on the left is from her Brawl trophy, and the other two are her appearances in Uprising. It's definitely much more smoother and curvier than in Brawl, and this is on the 3DS as well.
Interesting point, though it's still a difficult call because those differences could still be explained in other ways. It's still pretty up in the air in general.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
People like to lie about things to bring more hype and attention to their website. Maybe not "troll" persay. But rather, maybe they were actually able to find a leak about those characters, and then they milked the cow and started lying with it.
You know, with that logic:
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/64935980
THIS MAN IS A PROPHET!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I personally have no opinion yet on the Palutena leaks, but... the staff being shorter could just be balance changes in case she uses the staff in some of her attacks (and making it shorter might mean cutting Palutena's range on those attacks). The staff being just slightly less rounded could be due to the fact that it was made smaller and the previous shape might look odd with the shorter size, thus they change the shape just a tiny bit.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I finally made it to the end of the thread. Geez, you get sick over the weekend, and the thread shoots upwards by about 130 pages. You know how off topic you guys get when there's no leaks to discuss?

Anyway, did anyone debunk that "leak" that included Chibi-Robo?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I finally made it to the end of the thread. Geez, you get sick over the weekend, and the thread shoots upwards by about 130 pages. You know how off topic you guys get when there's no leaks to discuss?

Anyway, did anyone debunk that "leak" that included Chibi-Robo?
Link it to me now so I can? Because I'm in the debunking sort of mood.

SilentKnight96

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9541-9574
I think he was trying to say that the staff from the leak is the same length as Palutena's staff from Brawl, unlike the staffs from the AR cards and the Palutena statue, which are longer (and more recent, hence the "revert back to an old design of her" quote).

I see no difference in the shape near the top of the staff, though.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Apparently he says that now we should keep note of February 12th...
We're pretty much getting some Donkey Kong content on the 13th. The 12th sounds like a very weird time to have it. Not believing him after his own "Predictions" were obviously wrong at this point, he's pretty much throwing things out of a hat right now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We're pretty much getting some Donkey Kong content on the 13th. The 12th sounds like a very weird time to have it. Not believing him after his own "Predictions" were obviously wrong at this point, he's pretty much throwing things out of a hat right now.
The worst part is that people are still believing him...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's not just the staff being shorter, it's the top piece design that pops out at me. Many others have pointed out that yeah, it's curvier and bigger in Uprising, and the leak just looks full on like the Brawl one.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, same here, Mr. Gaming. I'm curious if he's sticking to Shulk or Diddy & Dixie.

Edit: Looks like mostly the ******* have come out this time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sandbag's rumor could still stand true. They may have just revently pushed back Mk 8's release. Though we may not find this out anytime soon. Anyway i hope he still gets in if not shown tomorrow. Plus the leak only mentioned brawl's aniversary. Why not smash 64's if he was following aniversarys patterns. Although one could say 2 were skipped already though...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's not just the staff being shorter, it's the top piece design that pops out at me. Many others have pointed out that yeah, it's curvier and bigger in Uprising, and the leak just looks full on like the Brawl one.
In that case, the one in Brawl has a lot more detail on it. The Smash series gives characters more detail than they do in their own games, so having the top part of her staff having more detail wouldn't be unheard of.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know, it could be shading on the dress, but it still looks off. Course there is already clipping issues in official screenshots (Zelda anyone?) so it isn't that big a deal.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm pretty sure we'll have a Direct before the 12th. There wasn't one this month so it can't be that much longer (a week give or take).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom