• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Theoretically, they could've ported it. It's not like it's a 2D game being upgraded, the 3D Models for the area exist on the 3DS, getting those assets and upgrading them for the Wii U is not exactly impossible.
Can somebody show off a comparison pic of the statues in the game again? It could provide some insight.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

It happens to be a .gif, hopefully someone can find a pic thats of the statue...

Adding more pics:

Last edited:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
They are the same statue, if that's what you're wondering. Look at the pedistal it's on. Down to exact detail though, I'm not sure. Doesn't appear so.
It could just be a redoing of Skyworld from Brawl.
Dang, I meant to say "The statues from", as if I was confirming what he said with a question.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They are the same statue, if that's what you're wondering. Look at the pedistal it's on. Down to exact detail though, I'm not sure. Doesn't appear so.
I don't see a colloseum,also,her left hand (with shield) position is different,but I'm sure it's just a slight modification.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Made a comparison pic:

Y'know, to me, the statue in Uprising looks like they just took Palutena's model, got rid of some detail and sprayed it grey. The statue on the stage looks like a totally new model altogether.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Notice that the statue's staff in Uprising, unlike her real staff in that game, has pointed edges similar to the leaks we've seen. Most likely due to shape limits, just like in SSB3D.

Both statues do have wings, just to point out.

The staff is also the same length, which means the leak could have a smaller staff just to balance attacking range.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Notice that the statue's staff in Uprising, unlike her real staff in that game, has pointed edges similar to the leaks we've seen. Most likely due to shape limits, just like in SSB3D.
So,what you're implying it has a positive AND negative effect? If the leak is true,it's based off the statue,if it's fake,it's just the statue with the Palutena skin.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So,what you're implying it has a positive AND negative effect? If the leak is true,it's based off the statue,if it's fake,it's just the statue with the Palutena skin.
I'm continuing to update the post you quoted with more info, just making sure everyone sees it.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

I used your picture there just to be quick.

The face in the leak everyone says is wrong looks a lot like the face in the Wii U statue. So maybe the leak is real? That face has never been seen before, everyone says the leak is fake because of it. But if the same face is in SSB4...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I used your picture there just to be quick.

The face in the leak everyone says is wrong looks a lot like the face in the Wii U statue. So maybe the leak is real? That face has never been seen before, everyone says the leak is fake because of it. But if the same face is in SSB4...
Well,something I should ask,with the picture with Mario,is there a particular shadow around her?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Is this now? The statue isn't even that detailed so it's kinda hard to make anything out of it.

andimidna

Smash Master
Then why does the statue look purely like Uprising, especially the staff?
The statue isn't from Brawl, it's from Uprising. Taken directly from it but with Wii U graphics. I thought this before the leak and the statue and I think it now, Palutena should take design elements from both models, Brawl and Uprising. However, a statue from Uprising, should not.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
But the mouth and shading of the nose is the same. I think I may have just solved this case :D
Idk about that... Theres really not a lot you can do with mouth and nose shading... Still kinda a big assumption considering the design differences between the 2 versions... Sure you could say that the rob "statue" is different but that is more of an easter egg and not something that seems to be a big part of a stage. If you guys are claiming that the designs are different for the statue and the models then if the leak and the statues look the same then it doesn't even matter. You cant claim it and deny it when its most convenient.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Idk about that... Theres really not a lot you can do with mouth and nose shading... Still kinda a big assumption considering the design differences between the 2 versions... Sure you could say that the rob "statue" is different but that is more of an easter egg and not something that seems to be a big part of a stage. If you guys are claiming that the designs are different for the statue and the models then if the leak and the statues look the same then it doesn't even matter. You cant claim it and deny it when its most convenient.
My point though, is that this face has been called fake by everyone, since it has never appeared before. That caused many to claim that this leak is a fake.

If the statue is SSB4 appears to have the same exact face, then that means that the leak and the SSB4 statue share that in common; they're the only instances of which Palutena has had that face. And the leak came before the statue.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My point though, is that this face has been called fake by everyone, since it has never appeared before. That caused many to claim that this leak is a fake.

If the statue is SSB4 appears to have the same exact face, then that means that the leak and the SSB4 statue share that in common; they're the only instances of which Palutena has had that face. And the leak came before the statue.
Sakurai was showing off a FINALLY finished stage. It could've taken a month or two for it to be produced,enough time for someone to look at a model,put on a skin,and slap it to a 3DS with a bad outline.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Sakurai was showing off a FINALLY finished stage. It could've taken a month or two for it to be produced,enough time for someone to look at a model,put on a skin,and slap it to a 3DS with a bad outline.
But the angles and posture at which the leak stands is different from the statue. And the statue was shown after the leak.

Not to mention that the color pallete and shading of the leak match the rest of the fighters in SSB4 3DS.

And the outline is exactly how it should be, one thickness with multiple colors.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But the angles and posture at which the leak stands is different from the statue. And the statue was shown after the leak.

Not to mention that the color pallete and shading of the leak match the rest of the fighters in SSB4 3DS.

And the outline is exactly how it should be, one thickness with multiple colors.
Varying thickness with multiple colours is more accurate.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

I don't think the face has been called fake because its different. I think thats why people think that its real because its not a simple copy paste job. But let me ask this. What makes the face of Palutena more important than any other part of her design and to say that "Since the face is similar then its right but if her necklace, ornaments, and staff is different than its ok."? You see? Its just a lack of continuity thing... Its a really big stretch to say that this statue does anything for or against Palutena. Unless you assume that Nintendo will change the models for a fighter and background.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Varying thickness with multiple colours is more accurate.
Really? I'm following it with my eyes; the outline looks the same to me. It even matched Mario, who's details and model were exact. No outline in the game is always the same pixel space out as the rest of it, but it looks legit to me.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
In all fairness, her necklace thing and her charms on her lower body are also pretty inconsistent with the Uprising design. It's just the staff that pops out at me.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I don't think the face has been called fake because its different. I think thats why people think that its real because its not a simple copy paste job. But let me ask this. What makes the face of Palutena more important than any other part of her design and to say that "Since the face is similar then its right but if her necklace, ornaments, and staff is different than its ok."? You see? Its just a lack of continuity thing... Its a really big stretch to say that this statue does anything for or against Palutena. Unless you assume that Nintendo will change the models for a fighter and background.
Because just like in Brawl and Uprising, the way she appears in color is always different from the statue in the game.

In Brawl, she was in the final smash, but the statue was from KI2.

In Uprising, same thing. Model was vastly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom