• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Really? I'm following it with my eyes; the outline looks the same to me. It even matched Mario, who's details and model were exact. No outline in the game is always the same pixel space out as the rest of it, but it looks legit to me.
I was just saying that outlines around characters aren't consistent, which has been established by Sakurai himself, so that would help the leak, because Lady Palutena's outline isn't consistent. But that might not have been what you were referring to.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I was just saying that outlines around characters aren't consistent, which has been established by Sakurai himself, so that would help the leak, because Lady Palutena's outline isn't consistent. But that might not have been what you were referring to.
Thanks; I couldn't manage to get that out in words XD

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Brawl:

Statue:

The statue is never the same as she is, more proof for the leak being real. Enough similar details like outline, pallete, shading and face, but not exactly like staue, part of the reason because the leak is in the 3DS version.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If you're having as much trouble as I am trying to look at those two pictures, here's this.

pardon the pixelation, I can do another?
Looks close BUT remember you are comparing a statue with little facial features from far away to a down scaled model of the character. It's going to hard to tell anything.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Because just like in Brawl and Uprising, the way she appears in color is always different from the statue in the game.

In Brawl, she was in the final smash, but the statue was from KI2.

In Uprising, same thing. Model was vastly different.
You bring up a good point... but let me troll you with this... It seems that with every game Palutena is in the closer the statues and mosels appear to be exactly the same. Maybe this is the one?:troll:

But seriously good point. Im just not sure how significant that evidence is. but its something.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Looks close BUT remember you are comparing a statue with little facial features from far away to a down scaled model of the character. It's going to hard to tell anything.
That is true, but:

The face in the leak and SSB4 Wii U are different from all previous faces, quite clearly:

Especially the nose.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I know I shouldn't bother, but I gotta know what exactly his excuses are and if he's still saying it's Shulk. It's irritating me for no good reason I can think of!

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So did I just basically confirm the Palutena leak?

Nothing's real until Sakurai says so, but come on.

Unlike all previous games, the leak and SSB4 statue share:
Rounded nose
Close hair design
A similar eye design by what we can tell, though that is debatable
Similar jaw design.

No previous versions of her have this.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Unlike all previous games, the leak and ssb4 statue share:
rounded nose
close hair design
a similar eye design by what we can tell, though that is debatable
similar jaw design.
You probably did. But that's just my opinion.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
You probably did. But that's just my opinion.
Now I'm hyped again. I just hope we get a trailer or confirmation.

Plus:
With other leaks and rumors, Sakurai usually says they're fake (Release dates, for example). He hasn't said anything about this, just gave us multiple KI pics.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Don't think I've ever seen such an in-depth discussion about pixilated faces. :ohwell:
You can't really prove the leak with all these comparison pictures anymore. That horse was beaten to death. Poor horse.

And the blurred picture doesn't really help either. Okay, it looks sort of like the leaked pictures. And? That's not enough to justify your points. I know it's just heavy analysis and I get it. But it's getting to a point where this is getting trivial

There any GameFaq's or NeoGaf posts worth discussing? Could have sworn there was buzz for the end of this month.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rounded nose
Close hair design
Similar jaw design.

The mouth also looks the same.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You can't really prove the leak with all these comparison pictures anymore. That horse was beaten to death. Poor horse.

And the blurred picture doesn't really help either. Okay, it looks sort of like the leaked pictures. And? That's not enough to justify your points. I know it's just heavy analysis and I get it.

There any GameFaq's or NeoGaf posts worth discussing? Could have sworn there was buzz for the end of this month.
There's always Mr. Predictions...

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

And the blurred picture doesn't really help either. Okay, it looks sort of like the leaked pictures. And? That's not enough to justify your points. I know it's just heavy analysis and I get it.

I understand, but at the moment, what I said is all we've got going. If anyone can find any other evidence proving it real or fake, please do. I'm hyped!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd like to point out that that model isn't relevant anymore. That was from an earlier stage of Uprising's development back when it was revealed in 2010.

This is what her model looked like in the final game:

Midge

Smash Apprentice

Rounded nose
Close hair design
Similar jaw design.

>.>...
<.<...
o_O... I think you did.
...*starts slow clap*

Midge

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to point out that that model isn't relevant anymore. That was from an earlier stage of Uprising's development back when it was revealed in 2010.

Still dont think thats a match though.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

>.>...
<.<...
o_O... I think you did.
...*starts slow clap*
Thank you.

And I hadn't realized there were different images. Let me take a look at this.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would say I'm surprised that people are still following and trusting Mr. Prediction, but from all the sheer stupidity of humanity I've witnessed over the years, little amazes me anymore.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Interesting...

Clearly, as we've said before, the Palutena in the pictures is its own unique model. It wasn't directly ripped from another source. As it is, I have essentially no doubt that she is in at this point. It has yet to be shown false, whereas most are killed on the spot. Good job making these comparisons.

That said, I hate speaking in absolutes. So while I am convinced it's real (and I think these comparisons do a good job of putting this all away) there is always the possibility that some neck-beard spent the time to carefully construct the image using various programs and sources as he ate hot pockets in his mothers basement, sweating because of the rolls of fat underneath his Cheeto stained Captain America T-Shirt...

Don't know where that came from lol.

Anyway, even with the idea of it being fake...at this point, I don't see how anybody could doubt it.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Also the head of her staff in the leaked pics appears to have some sort of engraving that the uprising model lacks.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Interesting...

Clearly, as we've said before, the Palutena in the pictures is its own unique model. It wasn't directly ripped from another source. As it is, I have essentially no doubt that she is in at this point. It has yet to be shown false, whereas most are killed on the spot. Good job making these comparisons.

That said, I hate speaking in absolutes. So while I am convinced it's real (and I think these comparisons do a good job of putting this all away) there is always the possibility that some neck-beard spent the time to carefully construct the image using various programs and sources as he ate hot pockets in his mothers basement, sweating because of the rolls of fat underneath his Cheeto stained Captain America T-Shirt...

Anyway, even with the idea of it being fake...at this point, I don't see how anybody could doubt it.
It has to do mainly with people simply being against believing in leaks.
Some people are convinced that every leak out there is fake, which is obviously not true.
The others just despise Palutena for some reason.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
In my case, it's morbid curiosity to see how deep he digs his grave.
I shall dig it deep.
Interesting...

That's the only reason I'm not screaming from the rooftops that I've solved this; nothing is 100% until Sakurai shows it to us.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Again, whether the leak is true or not does not impact my feelings on Palutena's chances.
I still think she's pretty darn likely.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Again, whether the leak is true or not does not impact my feelings on Palutena's chances.
I still think she's pretty darn likely.
I agree. From the start, I've said it would be unlikely that Rosalina, Palutena, and Chrom don't make it in.

I already got one right.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
More Palutena talk? I may be enjoying this. <3 After looking at the picture from the e3 trailer compared to the finished product, it goes to show that things are definitely subject to change during development of a game.
Still, something tells me she's just waiting to appear, most likely in March, at least that's what I think.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
More Palutena talk? I may be enjoying this. <3 After looking at the picture from the e3 trailer compared to the finished product, it goes to show that things are definitely subject to change during development of a game.
Still, something tells me she's just waiting to appear, most likely in March, at least that's what I think.
Make sure to read the last few pages to see all the evidence I brought forward. I've convinced myself.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah wasn't Shulk allegedly supposed to be shown today according to some leak? If so i think that puts a sizable dent in if not busts said leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom