• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
If the four cuts is true, I hope Wolf isn't one of them. The game doesn't have enough villains as it is.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
If that's the rumor paired with MK8 info, "four cuts" was actually part of that, already.
Thanks, I actually couldn't remember if it was or if it wasn't part of that leak. I'll go back to where I posted that statement and edit to so that it will not call confusion.

@ThatWasPeachy

It was no problem whatsoever. I'm still in contact, so I am trying to get a little more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks, I actually couldn't remember if it was or if it wasn't part of that leak. I'll go back to where I posted that statement and edit to so that it will not call confusion.

@ThatWasPeachy

It was no problem whatsoever. I'm still in contact, so I am trying to get a little more information.
^This guy right here going above and beyond.

Shame he probably won't clarify if two of the four cuts are Ivysaur and Squirtle, or if they're even counted at all.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
^This guy right here going above and beyond.

Shame he probably won't clarify if two of the four cuts are Ivysaur and Squirtle, or if they're even counted at all.
He hasn't said who is cut and whatnot. He did bring up Ness and Lucas, but told me he had no idea if they were in or out, just that he hoped that they both stayed.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see my post was well liked. I expected many people would have hated for what I have said. What I wanted to point out was the other side of the coin, and many people say the rumor is true. In the end, I don't expect anyone to change their view, but at least people can see another point of view. I still need to add some stuff to the original post like the Greninja Now, I wouldn't have made another post, but then this happened.

So my reaction to seeing this was this.

So, my first thought is why bother. I mean, who cares if someone like myself goes online and say "Your rumor is crap. I think you're making it up." It's the internet. There are going to be thousands of people who disagree with something. And yes, other rumors which turned out to be true were met with a TON of scrutiny. This isn't new. Here is what is suspicious about the whole thing. You made an account to make two post. The first was when the three characters were not shown at E3 which put a big black eye on the whole thing. The other was when I made my big post which was suppose to be a closing argument. Not to mention you are lurking this post about your rumor. You know what this sounds like? DAMAGE CONTROL. Again, why bother making an account on Smashboards to follow up on issues of some random forum members. Heck, why do you care about what I say. If you are running a website, wouldn't you ignore little old me and focus on the site. Yet you lurk here. All I can say is that is very suspicious.

Of course, all of your you're responses were "I don't know." If you don't know any more than the rest of us, why bother posting this? Again, I come back to the same idea: You are doing damage control. Makes sense when I see things like this.

Now the fun begins. First, it's hilarious how you try to make yourself holier than thou. So other websites that post rumors only care about hits and not credibility then? Here's the reality of it. Sites post rumors all the time and users don't see them as un-credible or lose any respect for them. This is because they are honest with their users and actually post the subject material as a "RUMOR." Let's look at some Gonintendo post. Here. And Here. And another. See how, regardless if its true or not, the rumor is posted as just that. A rumor. If it's fake. No harm. No foul. What is strange is taking someone's information and posting it as a prediction on a message board. Note that this guy could have lost his job for giving you this and you post it as a prediction. Is that really honest? Note that part of the definition of "credible" is "reasonable to trust or believe." I don't think posting sensitive information on a message board is honest. A little mean? Maybe. But you keep saying how your SOO credible and somehow other websites aren't because they post clearly labeled rumors.

I could say more but not much reason to. Again, you only make two post, both happen when your rumor is put under real scrutiny and then you lurk the thread where everyone is talking about it. It seems like your monitoring discussions about your rumors a lot. If you didn't know. Embezzlement is usually perpetuated by constant monitoring. It's very weird that you are constantly monitoring discussion about this.
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate.
So what is the problem with me convincing people the leak is wrong then? If your rumor is true and you have a source to back you, then why do you care about about me convincing others the rumor is wrong? It's like everything else about this. It just smells fishy.

You're trying to convince everyone the leak is wrong. That's his motivation people. Clearly an unbiased individual.

No one really cares that you have issues with the rumor. That's healthy. No one cares that you doubt the rumor. That's healthy. What I have said time and time again is that your posts aren't using any sort of logical reasoning to come to your conclusions. Even worse than trying to convince people the rumor is wrong you're trying to convince people that Sal is lying. Why would we listen to someone who so clearly has a bone to pick. There is little room for unbiased reasoning in your posts. Clearly you're biased against him. You always work backwards from the conclusion that he is lying and then you find reasons as to why you think he's lying. Your post is embarrassing and you don't even realize it. You are all over the place making assumptions and accusations that have absolutely no logical basis.

Why would an editor post any old rumor that shows up in his inbox? If sites were to do that (especially ones that wanted to establish a reputation) then they would quickly lose any sort of credibility. Imagine if IGN posted every rumor that was posted here. It would be chaos and completely unprofessional. Some things are newsworthy. Some things aren't. Even if those things are rumors.

Using other sites as proof against Sal makes no sense. Maybe, just maybe Sal has a different vision for his site that's not inline with how GoNintendo handles their articles? Maybe Sal has a unique vision for his website. What's funny is that Sal is a member on Neogaf. Neogaf has notoriously banned news sites that post all sorts of crap. Ironically the very site you use as an example is banned on Neogaf. Anytime someone tries to post a link sourcing Gonintendo, Neogaf automatically censors the link. If someone makes a thread with news from GoNintendo it's often locked. GoNintendo is one of the worst places for legitimate news because they will post just about anything. Doesn't matter if they label it as rumor either. They have no standards for what they put on that site. Gematsu, Sal's site, is NOT a banned source of news on Neogaf... Who would have thought!? So again, why would Sal (a gaf member) mirror the same journalistic approach as a website that's banned on the biggest dedicated gaming website on the internet?

Most people who believe the leak simply think that it's likely. They are not veraciously saying the rumor is undoubtedly true. I think you'd find those people to be in the vast minority so you are wasting your time. If the leak is false, that's fine. Like I said most people think it's likely and they will walk away no harm no foul if false. Likely doesn't mean fact. We know there is the possibility of this rumor being bunk. You on the other hand are convinced it's a complete fabrication. Even if the leak is wrong you still look crazy. You'd be right, but not by the arguments you've presented ... just mere coincidence. If it's right though you lose any reputation that you had. It hurts no one to say it's likely. It totally hurts you to claim with such unbridled conviction (that borders on obsession) that it's undoubtedly wrong. Again, remember how sure you were about the Punch-Out stage? You need to step back and consider what you're saying. Holier than thou? Damage control? Monitoring posts? Embezzlement? You are talking like a crazy person.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
four cut characters? interesting. We can safely assume that Squirtle and Ivysaur are out ( I know it's still not completely confirmed, I think they are at the highest risk with Charizard being solo). I guess the character with the next highest chance of being cut would be Snake, with his whole being 3rd party and all.

But who could the fourth one be? Wolf? Ike? Lucas? those seem like the ones with the next highest chance. Though it's not certain those are the ones, still interesting to think about though.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
He hasn't said who is cut and whatnot. He did bring up Ness and Lucas, but told me he had no idea if they were in or out, just that he hoped that they both stayed.
It sounds like he's very unsure of what he knows. If possible, ask him HOW he found his information. Him not knowing the inclusion of Ness or Lucas just says to me he doesn't know or is unsure of the information he has, or maybe his info is limited. Whatever the case, just ask him how he knows, even if it's a generic "other person told me" statement, that still helps us judge the legitimacy of the cuts.

EDIT: Just realized his 4 cuts could just be a WIP cut possibility. So many theories can be thrown around. If you see the edit, ask if he knows if the cuts are set in stone or not.

Last edited:
Well, it's odd that they know how many cuts there were, but not who the cuts were. The only way I can see that happening is if they know the number of newcomers, and the total roster size, and realized that there must be four missing characters from past Smash games.

And if that were the case, how do they know the four "cuts" are all from Brawl? Maybe there were six cuts from Brawl and then Mewtwo and Roy were restored, still giving us a net loss of four veterans. There are a headspinning number of alternatives, here.

Anyway, assuming their information is genuine, we still have 7 more newcomers and 12 more veterans to see.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
wait, whats going on is there some kind of argument about Sal or is it a whole different argument:dizzy:
There's 2 different things going on right now.

One is a blossoming argument about whether or not Sal is lying, which is petty.
The other is that someone has contact with RosalinaX about the 4 cuts leak and some of us are asking questions.

Well, it's odd that they know how many cuts there were, but not who the cuts were. The only way I can see that happening is if they know the number of newcomers, and the total roster size, and realized that there must be four missing characters from past Smash games.

And if that were the case, how do they know the four "cuts" are all from Brawl? Maybe there were six cuts from Brawl and then Mewtwo and Roy were restored, still giving us a net loss of four veterans. There are a headspinning number of alternatives, here.

Anyway, assuming their information is genuine, we still have 7 more newcomers and 12 more veterans to see.
I never thought of it that way. I see I'm not the only one who sees this leak as extremely vague. There's a lot of options to see here, I really hope we can get some more info from RosalinaX or even NeoGaf to discuss the legitimacy of it.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
if there are 4 characters cut, my guess is these: squirtle, ivysaur, snake, and ike. still hoping that its not 48 but hopefully 50.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I should just post a rational and reasonable argument against the Sal leak since so many people find it so hard to do. Even though I think it's likely I don't think it's above criticism. I just haven't been impressed with the criticisms levied against it in this thread.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Haven't been in this thread since Monday. Any Juicy leaks....or leeks?

EDIT: Also, Golden Sun and F-Zero are out on VC tomorrow.
[Crosses fingers]
[realizes he's not superstitious]
[remembers that Sakurai rarely bothers with release dates/anniversaries]
[cries]

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Re: that 4chan leak. Honestly if it weren't for Metal Mario being in it I would at least consider it. What would Metal Mario do anyway be heavy? There's also Monita. What the hell. Even the name itself sounds the worst. It's an original suggestion I'll give them that.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

This is what I was thinking. Rosalina X knows a specific number of characters will be cut, knows a few of the characters returning (Capt. Falcon), but does not know which characters are cut?

It seems like Rosalina X himself/herself is implying that he/she has incomplete roster information, which hinders the overall credibility of the leak unless there's a rational explanation as to why they have only part of the info and yet can still comment on the specific number of characters and cuts.

I'm not imaginative enough to come up with a reasonable circumstance that would entail just that.

The only other explanation is that Rosalina X knows the whole roster, and is just leaking information bit by bit. That would require letting go of the premise that he/she doesn't know about Ness and Lucas, which means he/she lied to @Houndstooth on that topic.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Warning Received
So the Sal Romano leak says "Pokemon" from X and Y. Which I'm guessing could mean the plural form of pokemon, since it wasn't more specific. Then I also realized a significant pokemon from X/Y that hasn't been shown yet: Sylveon. Do you think there's any probability to that?

Warning Received
So the Sal Romano leak says "Pokemon" from X and Y. Which I'm guessing could mean the plural form of pokemon, since it wasn't more specific. Then I also realized a significant pokemon from X/Y that hasn't been shown yet: Sylveon. Do you think there's any probability to that?
I was kind of surprised not to see Sylveon among the Poké Ball conjures. It was promoted so well for X and Y, it's got to be in Smash somehow, doesn't it?

Maybe the Poké Ball Eevee can evolve, or maybe more Pokémon cameo on the Prism Tower and Pokémon League stages.

Still, I wouldn't dismiss a playable Sylveon. Ivysaur showed us that quadrupeds can still participate in Smash, and it doesn't hurt that Sylveon has ribbons to use as "arms" if it must.

Last edited:

Skyblazer

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
That would be interesting, but it doesn't seem likely. Sylveon's main gimmick is basically being the advertisement for fairy-types. Smash Bros. already has Jigglypuff as a potential fairy rep, and it's just strange to cut a veteran for a newcomer that accomplishes the same thing.
(Not that I'd have any issues with Sylveon, could be fun and borrow some elements from Ivysaur assuming he's cut.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Stay on topic people, that includes asking questions that will induce off topic discussions. Discussing Sylveon as a character should go in the Character Discussion thread.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This is what I was thinking. Rosalina X knows a specific number of characters will be cut, knows a few of the characters returning (Capt. Falcon), but does not know which characters are cut?

It seems like Rosalina X himself/herself is implying that he/she has incomplete roster information, which hinders the overall credibility of the leak unless there's a rational explanation as to why they have only part of the info and yet can still comment on the specific number of characters and cuts.

I'm not imaginative enough to come up with a reasonable circumstance that would entail just that.

The only other explanation is that Rosalina X knows the whole roster, and is just leaking information bit by bit. That would require letting go of the premise that he/she doesn't know about Ness and Lucas, which means he/she lied to @Houndstooth on that topic.
RosalinaX has been getting their information from another source, who has information not only on Smash, but also MK8.
They had a Skype conversation with at least one other party involved. The source probably said nothing more than what we have been given (assuming this is true).

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Have there been any leaks regarding R.O.B.? even any bad image one's?
I haven't really seen much in the way of R.O.B. talk, which it would be sad to see him go, since he was a pretty unique and original character. But yeah, I don't really recall any leaks, bad or legit-sounding, that really mentioned him at all. But if you take into account the RosalinaX leak, which talks of 48 characters and 4 cuts, R.O.B. could be included, depending on who the cuts were. But that's something everyone's been discussing at length and not really on topic.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
fair enough.

I've said this before but I really hope that the Salromano leak is true, and to an extent, RosalinaX.

With Salromano you get a nice selection of good and surprising newcomers and I have been hoping for more truly out there characters like Chorus Men.

With RosalinaX, sure you get 4 cuts, but thats ONLY 4 cuts, That would be Squirtal and Ivysaur for sure, and the other two would probably be either Lucas, Ike, Snake, Wolf or possibly Falco. This would leave R.O.B. safe and sound and would allow for more newcomers.

So yeah, Salromano I like and RosalinaX isn't that bad, but Salromano is definitely more believable than RosalinaX.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The thing that bugs me most about this leak is how he says "it might change". If not for that, I would have already resigned myself to 48 characters.
But that statement, plus the fact that I still believe in at least Ridley and Mewtwo, have given me hope for the fabled 50-char roster.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Well, what I meant is that back in the Brawl days, it seemed like everyone wanted a piece of the rumor that ultimately ended up being true. Just about everyone had an opinion on it. There were these lengthy posts about how ROB was unlikely, why Mewtwo was going to stay, etc but most people have taken this rather quietly. Obviously, I'm not wanting to see outrage or huge long rants but I am surprised that not too many people are dissecting it. There just hasn't been too many really thought out "I don't think this is likely because..." posts in regards to this matter.
it's prob because this got's so much going for it to dispute it, there more chance it being real then not

kataridragon

Smash Ace
If the Rosalina X leak is true it hardly matters. It's almost a given that squirtle and ivy are gone. The likely hood all three starfox charcters staying seems slim (IMO). Ike is likely replaced (IMO). Snake!!!

There you go. An easy five!!! You could probably make a case for others easily.

As far as "48 (May change)" absolutely anyone could have said that and been "mostly" right.

Even if this RosalinaX person has a legit informant this info is hardly useful in determining anything roster related.

I'm basically done with this leak unless RX gets some more "useful" info, true or not

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
If the Rosalina X leak is true it hardly matters. It's almost a given that squirtle and ivy are gone. The likely hood all three starfox charcters staying seems slim (IMO). Ike is likely replaced (IMO). Snake!!!

There you go. An easy five!!! You could probably make a case for others easily.

As far as "48 (May change)" absolutely anyone could have said that and been "mostly" right.

Even if this RosalinaX person has a legit informant this info is hardly useful in determining anything roster related.

I'm basically done with this leak unless RX gets some more "useful" info, true or not
It's going to take a long time for that rumor to die. We won't know until the release of the game.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
What if RosalinaX is lying about the "4 cuts" and "48 roster" leak to draw more attention to his MK8 leaks (which I have heard on here he was partially wrong about, but I may be wrong though)?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I heard that he was not totally wrong since it was a hybrid or something like that lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It was a good run.

But we've decided this thread simply has to go for a number of reasons:

1. The thread lacks a clearly defined purpose. The thread is 'dead' in terms of its original purpose. Grasping at Straws, etc etc. No new (solid) content, no avenues left for discourse on what's still "real".

2. We cannot stop the discussion from deferring to speculation and other off-topic conversations because:

3. Users don't learn nor heed warnings. Without constant supervision and intervention it will continue to devolve into garbage. Most posts are borderline and there are a lot of ambiguities as guidelines for the thread, leaving moderators disparate in consensus. This generates a situation where an individual must solely manage it. The workload for keeping the thread well managed isn't feasible under these conditions.

Sorry about that.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It was more of a hassle than I bargained for, but I'm glad I was able to at least prolong the inevitable, and remain pessimistic to the end.

I'd like to thank the other mods who tried relentlessly to make the thread work, and to the users who remained both on topic and who followed this thread since its humble beginnings, and the ones who assisted in both maintaining up-to-date developments and going out of their way to seek out/contact leakers, and of course for posting them in here. Once Smash 4 releases and we get the final verdict, I'm sure we'll look back at all of this with a fond, yet bittersweet aftertaste.

Lastly, as a reminder, COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS PUBLICLY IN OTHER SPECULATION THREADS WILL BE REPRIMANDED HARSHLY. This was a tough decision months in the making, and it was made for what the staff deems good reason. Forum Support exists for disagreeing with our reasoning/call, but derailing other threads is NOT going to overturn our decision.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We don't feel "speculation" deserves its own dedicated thread (at this time). All discussions have a trend to speculate, obviously because the game isn't out yet. However, the other part of what "speculation" discussion encompasses "wish lists" which are not something we want much of (as I'm sure you can understand holistically). Otherwise though, our Character Discussion forum (http://smashboards.com/forums/ssb4-character-discussion.291/) and perhaps the stickied Character Discussion thread may be valid places to continue current character speculation.

In the meanwhile, any NEW and substantive leaks will likely warrant a new thread, but consider discussing it with Staff here first. We'll harshly punish any wishywashy threads if people dare to make them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom