• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to bet that if the leaker meant the characters were the last newcomers, he'd have stated so. It seems to me, from what Sal has posted, that the leaker is methodically releasing info so as to not get caught doing so. It's really interesting noting that Sal's source has been vouched for by other notable leakers as well.
I guess so, but 12 newcomers is quite a lot to be honest. I was only expecting about 10 or so personally, so I'm not sure how many more there could really be. You have to remember they're working on two games here and making a decent amount of changes to pretty much every veteran. It's just hard to believe we'll get 16 newcomers or something like that out of this.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
12 newcomers really isn't that many, and Sal's leaker clearly either isn't interested in or capable of obtaining every newcomer.

Daisy Frallin

Smash Rookie
To be honest, if this leak wound up being true and this wound up being the roster, I'd actually be more than happy. Yeah it seems like it's more along the lines of what people consider a wish list roster but it does have most fan favorites (King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena) and some quirky characters as well (Chorus Men/Marshall, Monita, Mii). The only character that's not on that roster that a lot of people want is Ridley. Aside from that, this leak seems to be a pretty good one in my opinion. It does, however, seem to be tagging along the trails of Sal's leak so either it's doing so because it wants to be associated with that leak or because both leaks are actually true.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess so, but 12 newcomers is quite a lot to be honest. I was only expecting about 10 or so personally, so I'm not sure how many more there could really be. You have to remember they're working on two games here and making a decent amount of changes to pretty much every veteran. It's just hard to believe we'll get 16 newcomers or something like that out of this.
They have 5 big name studios and namco the king of fighters whose fighting games have huge character lists. There is no way we can't get something like 16 newcomers. In fact I bet the rooster will be 52-55 characters. The game has been in delvelopment for a long time so it isn't impossible. Also side note: notice how all legit smash leakers respond to issues with their rumors like sal? Therefore I have say rosalina x is incorrect.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
12 newcomers really isn't that many, and Sal's leaker clearly either isn't interested in or capable of obtaining every newcomer.
its obviously going to be 14-5 newcomers guys.

also a lot of veterans feel soooooooo new like pit, bowser, Kirby, Yoshi(those standing up straight doe.) and especially zamus.

and persoannly, all are newcomers.

edit: is there a rosters thread in here somewhere??????!111111111

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

also a lot of veterans feel soooooooo new like pit, bowser, Kirby, Yoshi(those standing up straight doe.) and especially zamus.

That is a good point. I have to agree 14-16 is likely. And yes I believe here is a rooster thread on the forum.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes and no. I would argue that 12 newcomers is a lot for a fighting game but it does seem small for a Smash game. The series has gone from 12 to 26 to 39, with a 14 net gain for Melee and 13 for Brawl. Brawl also had 5 cuts so it was really a gain of 18. The Gematsu +RosalinaX leaks put the roster at 48 so (39-4+13) it would only be a net gain of 9 overall, which is 4 less than Brawl and 5 less than Melee. This isn't to suggest there's a pattern but it seems like its a big step down.

My other issue is the lack of a new villain or retro character because I feel like these are things that Sakurai values with Smash rosters. For villains, Melee saw Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo and Brawl had King Dedede, Metaknight, (this was before they really started to get super palsy with Kirby) and Wolf. Even DK is kind of portrayed like a villain in the original artwork for Smash Bros and we know that Mewtwo, Dedede, and Bowser were planned but didn't make the cut. Then we have retro characters. Sakurai definitely likes bringing old franchises to the foreground. In a roundabout way, you could argue that he did this in the original with Samus. In Melee, we had the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. In Brawl, we had Pit and ROB. Sakurai even mentioned last year that one of the things he liked most about making the Smash Bros games was bringing old franchises back to life so it's a little odd that the Gematsu leak lacks them. Some people have argued that Little Mac, Megaman, and Pac-Man could technically play the retro card but it's not the same. Kid Icarus was dead for more than 20 years before Pit showed up in Brawl. Little Mac's last game was 5 years ago, Megaman's was 4, and Pac-man's was just last year. It also doesn't really help that argument how two of them are third party.

Again, the roster isn't bad but it seems a bit different in a number of ways to what we've gotten in the past. Perhaps this is due to Namco being involved and Sakurai taking more of a backseat this time around. I don't know but it seem like if this is the final product, then there is a different mentality in creating this game compared to Smash games in the past.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
no cmon nothing beats baby goomba trees. also........This must be real.
If that pic is real, I will not mind the exclusion of Isaac. Thought I still need him in. However the style/look of Bayonetta's foot doesn't appear to match Bowser to well but this is Smash and the characters don't always match.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Friendly reminder to keep the topic on LEAKS AND RUMORS not character discussion or one liners that don't contribute.

I've gone through and infracted/warned as appropriate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes and no. I would argue that 12 newcomers is a lot for a fighting game but it does seem small for a Smash game. The series has gone from 12 to 26 to 39, with a 14 net gain for Melee and 13 for Brawl. Brawl also had 5 cuts so it was really a gain of 18. The Gematsu +RosalinaX leaks put the roster at 48 so (39-4+13) it would only be a net gain of 9 overall, which is 4 less than Brawl and 5 less than Melee. This isn't to suggest there's a pattern but it seems like its a big step down.

My other issue is the lack of a new villain or retro character because I feel like these are things that Sakurai values with Smash rosters. For villains, Melee saw Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo and Brawl had King Dedede, Metaknight, (this was before they really started to get super palsy with Kirby) and Wolf. Even DK is kind of portrayed like a villain in the original artwork for Smash Bros and we know that Mewtwo, Dedede, and Bowser were planned but didn't make the cut. Then we have retro characters. Sakurai definitely likes bringing old franchises to the foreground. In a roundabout way, you could argue that he did this in the original with Samus. In Melee, we had the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. In Brawl, we had Pit and ROB. Sakurai even mentioned last year that one of the things he liked most about making the Smash Bros games was bringing old franchises back to life so it's a little odd that the Gematsu leak lacks them. Some people have argued that Little Mac, Megaman, and Pac-Man could technically play the retro card but it's not the same. Kid Icarus was dead for more than 20 years before Pit showed up in Brawl. Little Mac's last game was 5 years ago, Megaman's was 4, and Pac-man's was just last year. It also doesn't really help that argument how two of them are third party.

Again, the roster isn't bad but it seems a bit different in a number of ways to what we've gotten in the past. Perhaps this is due to Namco being involved and Sakurai taking more of a backseat this time around. I don't know but it seem like if this is the final product, then there is a different mentality in creating this game compared to Smash games in the past.
I'm glad to see someone gets what retro means. Also mega man and Pac man would not be retro because they are third party. Sakurai is going to revive a third party company's characters, only Nintendo ips.

D

Deleted member

Leak time, your fellow 4chan lurker found it (me).

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/239933671

text:
Super Smash Bros Roster niwano536 04/16/14(Wed)15:30 UTC-5 No.>>239934068 >>239934386 >>239934692 >>239935075
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
Welp, this fake leak beat me to the punch in having Metal Mario in a "leak".
Though it made two fatal flaws.

Whoever made this leak doesn't seem to know his/her ****.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales

Look up the phrase "Killable by" in this thread and clck the first one by GreenReaperGod. That will be the leak list most up to date.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Welp, this fake leak beat me to the punch in having Metal Mario in a "leak".

Whoever made this leak doesn't seem to know his/her ****.
Late August is still "Summer", depressing as it is. Mk8 was set for "spring" and is coming out late May, after all.
But yeah the leak's fake.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
That roster actually seems believable, TBQH. But metal mario is the only thing that does not seem believable. They also would not cut Wario since we have waluigi. I am not going to hold my breathe if Ghirahim actually shows up on the roster though.

Oh yeah and we have metal box. Fake.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I find it both funny and a little sad how quickly this Chorus Men bandwagon has taken off. I've never heard of these people, do they really have a high chance of getting in or something? Please say no... I'm sorry to any fans of them out there, but they just seem like... Well, an awful choice, lol.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What matters more

If

Do i think its right?
Sure i strongly believe its real
Do i care about the roster if its real?
Nope
The roster if its real has nothing for me.
I wouldnt care if its fake anyway more chance of the real roster including one of my characters.

I would say im in a fortunate position

Ultimately heres how i see everyone is targeting the leak because everyones impatient and cant wait til E3 for 2 Reasons i can think of.

1. They either hate the leak so they tryna get it shot down

2. They love the leak but are very curious have doubt and want further concrete to make it solid that there beloved characters are in so they have full permission to go into hype - O - Wacko mode withoit failure.

Both reasons lead in the end to people attacking the leak.

And there is a 3rd reason that was born.

3. Arguing opnions vs opnions the worse of the worse and most pointless.......

Who for when they have the game and unlocked all of the chars are gonna give a damn about leaks anymore if true or false?

So why do you care how he was right? It doesnt matter whats matters is that he was right!

LmAOOO if none of those chars get revealed at E3

Completly agree with @Johnny Wellens

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
What matters more

If

Do i think its right?
Sure i strongly believe its real
Do i care about the roster if its real?
Nope
The roster if its real has nothing for me.
I wouldnt care if its fake anyway more chance of the real roster including one of my characters.

I would say im in a fortunate position

Ultimately heres how i see everyone is targeting the leak because everyones impatient and cant wait til E3 for 2 Reasons i can think of.

1. They either hate the leak so they tryna get it shot down

2. They love the leak but are very curious have doubt and want further concrete to make it solid that there beloved characters are in so they have full permission to go into hype - O - Wacko mode withoit failure.

Both reasons lead in the end to people attacking the leak.

And there is a 3rd reason that was born.

3. Arguing opnions vs opnions the worse of the worse and most pointless.......

Who for when they have the game and unlocked all of the chars are gonna give a damn about leaks anymore if true or false?

So why do you care how he was right? It doesnt matter whats matters is that he was right!

LmAOOO if none of those chars get revealed at E3

Completly agree with @Johnny Wellens
There's also a false sense of logic that is used. Like previous pages have said: Metal Mario doesn't make a lick of sense. Which at that point you rinse and repeat your 2 steps

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's also a false sense of logic that is used. Like previous pages have said: Metal Mario doesn't make a lick of sense. Which at that point you rinse and repeat your 2 steps
If they saw the character select screen with Metal Mario on it, yeah, bull. But I remember you can toggle special options in Brawl to have various Items active for everyone. Imagine if you could do it for just one guy. If they simply saw all of those characters, but only saw Metal Mario due to a screenshot where it's just Mario being permanently Metal, well...

Keep in mind I'm still calling fake here. And Wario being out is what makes me say "yeah, no" anyway.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I doubt roster "neatness" is reason to have a discrete number of characters.
Um... every Smash game has had a discrete amount of number of characters. I can't even imagine what having a continuous amount of characters would mean.

I do think it is hilarious though that the Sal leak has become so accepted that leakers are now saying "We'll yeah that's true, but there's more!"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Um... every Smash game has had a discrete amount of number of characters. I can't even imagine what having a continuous amount of characters would mean.

I do think it is hilarious though that the Sal leak has become so accepted that leakers are now saying "We'll yeah that's true, but there's more!"
I need to see the rythem heaven character confirmed playable to commence me its a legit one

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad to see my post was well liked. I expected many people would have hated for what I have said. What I wanted to point out was the other side of the coin, and many people say the rumor is true. In the end, I don't expect anyone to change their view, but at least people can see another point of view. I still need to add some stuff to the original post like the Greninja Now, I wouldn't have made another post, but then this happened.
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate. As I've said myself, I'm not 100 percent on my source. But there are a few things I should tackle.

Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii Missing E3

I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea. There are literally tons of reasons as to why this person could've thought the trio would appear at E3. But even so, things happen, and not everything always goes according to plan. And Little Mac eventually showed. The guy is still backing Pac-Man and Mii, too. So, much like the rest of the rumor, time will tell there.

Pokemon from X and Y

Again, I don't know. This is what the guy told me, so it's what I posted. I don't know how involved he is in the game's development, or how 'inside' his insder knowledge is. There are, again, tons of reasons as to why he might not have known or been able to say the Pokemon's name. Or even describe him at that. Depending on the guy's involvement, it's possible he was only told about a "Pokemon from X and Y" being in the roster.

Safe Guesses

I see this term tossed around a lot. I honestly don't think there's any such thing. There are no safe guesses when it comes to naming a roster. Wii Fit Trainer wasn't a safe guess, as you'll admit, and I don't know how 'likely' (again, this would be a synonym of a safe guess, which doesn't really apply as this newcomer thing can be pretty darn random) Mega Man, Villager, and Little Mac were, but this guy's 4 for 6 on his E3 leaks so far. Which is pretty darn good.

Leaker Not Leaking Other Things Like Stages, etc.

I don't know, I'm not the leaker. Why is this guy only telling me newcomers? Again, I don't know.

Posting a Baseless Rumor

"First, he didn't say he had a source because he wasn't sure that the source was credible. Of course, this is silly because all new sites post rumors regardless of their credibility."

I'm sorry, I'll try to maintain a crappier website.

Seriously, though, that second sentence is silly in itself. If I get an e-mail from "blahblah@mailservice.com" with a list of characters said tipster claims will be in the game, would you expect me to just run with it without first attempting to verify the guy? If I cared more about hits and less about credibility, sure. But that's not me.

Making Things Up

Let's get one thing straight, and long-time followers of my site will attest to this. I don't make things up. Not for traffic, not for anything. My site exists to provide game news in the most excellent way possible. I don't fabricate information. I'm just like all of you in this, and I'd be pretty pissed off if anyone did something like that. Again, I'm still not 100 percent on my source, but so far he's in the green with his 'leak.'

"In otherwords, Sal's website is very no name. How can you improve searches? Why, have a fake rumor of course. And since he got Wii Fit Trainer right, it's even better. Now you can drive hits to your site."

The site is pretty big actually. More hits would be nice, sure. But we average many more hits than I think you'd imagine per day. It's okay, though. You didn't know.

To Everyone Else

I think my talk with Star, as well as what I've written above, just about sums up everything I can think to say. But yeah. No one has to believe the leak. It's fun to discuss, but being dead set on proving these things true or false without further evidence is not really doable at the moment. Unfortunately it's a waiting game and that's what we'll all just have to do. But I'll tell you now, this isn't something I've gone and pulled out my sleeve for hits. There's no debating that.

Edit: Also, to clarify some more, I've tried contacting this guy for more information. When Star mentioned the leaker being too busy to respond, what I said specifically was that the guy seems to operate on his own schedule, e-mailing me when he wants to rather than what I want him to. Star can attest to that.
So my reaction to seeing this was this.

So, my first thought is why bother. I mean, who cares if someone like myself goes online and say "Your rumor is crap. I think you're making it up." It's the internet. There are going to be thousands of people who disagree with something. And yes, other rumors which turned out to be true were met with a TON of scrutiny. This isn't new. Here is what is suspicious about the whole thing. You made an account to make two post. The first was when the three characters were not shown at E3 which put a big black eye on the whole thing. The other was when I made my big post which was suppose to be a closing argument. Not to mention you are lurking this post about your rumor. You know what this sounds like? DAMAGE CONTROL. Again, why bother making an account on Smashboards to follow up on issues of some random forum members. Heck, why do you care about what I say. If you are running a website, wouldn't you ignore little old me and focus on the site. Yet you lurk here. All I can say is that is very suspicious.

Of course, all of your you're responses were "I don't know." If you don't know any more than the rest of us, why bother posting this? Again, I come back to the same idea: You are doing damage control. Makes sense when I see things like this.
Posting a Baseless Rumor

"First, he didn't say he had a source because he wasn't sure that the source was credible. Of course, this is silly because all new sites post rumors regardless of their credibility."

I'm sorry, I'll try to maintain a crappier website.

Seriously, though, that second sentence is silly in itself. If I get an e-mail from "blahblah@mailservice.com" with a list of characters said tipster claims will be in the game, would you expect me to just run with it without first attempting to verify the guy? If I cared more about hits and less about credibility, sure. But that's not me.
Now the fun begins. First, it's hilarious how you try to make yourself holier than thou. So other websites that post rumors only care about hits and not credibility then? Here's the reality of it. Sites post rumors all the time and users don't see them as un-credible or lose any respect for them. This is because they are honest with their users and actually post the subject material as a "RUMOR." Let's look at some Gonintendo post. Here. And Here. And another. See how, regardless if its true or not, the rumor is posted as just that. A rumor. If it's fake. No harm. No foul. What is strange is taking someone's information and posting it as a prediction on a message board. Note that this guy could have lost his job for giving you this and you post it as a prediction. Is that really honest? Note that part of the definition of "credible" is "reasonable to trust or believe." I don't think posting sensitive information on a message board is honest. A little mean? Maybe. But you keep saying how your SOO credible and somehow other websites aren't because they post clearly labeled rumors.

I could say more but not much reason to. Again, you only make two post, both happen when your rumor is put under real scrutiny and then you lurk the thread where everyone is talking about it. It seems like your monitoring discussions about your rumors a lot. If you didn't know. Embezzlement is usually perpetuated by constant monitoring. It's very weird that you are constantly monitoring discussion about this.
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate.
So what is the problem with me convincing people the leak is wrong then? If your rumor is true and you have a source to back you, then why do you care about about me convincing others the rumor is wrong? It's like everything else about this. It just smells fishy.

Last edited:

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
How is he "constantly" monitoring discussion when he's only made 2 posts in almost a year, and you have no proof that he lurks the forum frequently? Sounds like a bit of a stretch to reach that conclusion.

I find it both funny and a little sad how quickly this Chorus Men bandwagon has taken off. I've never heard of these people, do they really have a high chance of getting in or something? Please say no... I'm sorry to any fans of them out there, but they just seem like... Well, an awful choice, lol.
They pass the basic hurdles of being official Nintendo characters, and they represent rhythm games, a genre that hasn't had much love from Smash Bros. yet. They're also kind of cute when they sing.

But you're right, it's a bandwagon. Before phase 2 of the Sal rumor, the chorusmen were pretty obscure. Now they've been in at least two other rumors I've seen in the last couple days (sometimes confused for Marshall, who is a single chorus man himself.) This tends to happen a lot. Once a rumor dragged Fire Emblem's Anna into the spotlight, there were several that included her, back to back. Same deal here.

Edit: For anyone who's still unfamiliar with the Chorus Men, here's a cute video that sums them up:

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Better for it I say, the level of hostility during Brawl development was pretty ridculious on most levels.
We've seen a little bit of it so far, but a substantial part of discussing rumors and leaks needs to be people keeping a level head about them and not losing your damn mind when a leak happens that doesn't include your favorite characters.

Evaluate a leak on its merit, likelihood, etc., not whether or not it tells a story you want to hear.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm glad to see my post was well liked. I expected many people would have hated for what I have said. What I wanted to point out was the other side of the coin, and many people say the rumor is true. In the end, I don't expect anyone to change their view, but at least people can see another point of view. I still need to add some stuff to the original post like the Greninja Now, I wouldn't have made another post, but then this happened.

So my reaction to seeing this was this.

So, my first thought is why bother. I mean, who cares if someone like myself goes online and say "Your rumor is crap. I think you're making it up." It's the internet. There are going to be thousands of people who disagree with something. And yes, other rumors which turned out to be true were met with a TON of scrutiny. This isn't new. Here is what is suspicious about the whole thing. You made an account to make two post. The first was when the three characters were not shown at E3 which put a big black eye on the whole thing. The other was when I made my big post which was suppose to be a closing argument. Not to mention you are lurking this post about your rumor. You know what this sounds like? DAMAGE CONTROL. Again, why bother making an account on Smashboards to follow up on issues of some random forum members. Heck, why do you care about what I say. If you are running a website, wouldn't you ignore little old me and focus on the site. Yet you lurk here. All I can say is that is very suspicious.

Of course, all of your you're responses were "I don't know." If you don't know any more than the rest of us, why bother posting this? Again, I come back to the same idea: You are doing damage control. Makes sense when I see things like this.

Now the fun begins. First, it's hilarious how you try to make yourself holier than thou. So other websites that post rumors only care about hits and not credibility then? Here's the reality of it. Sites post rumors all the time and users don't see them as un-credible or lose any respect for them. This is because they are honest with their users and actually post the subject material as a "RUMOR." Let's look at some Gonintendo post. Here. And Here. And another. See how, regardless if its true or not, the rumor is posted as just that. A rumor. If it's fake. No harm. No foul. What is strange is taking someone's information and posting it as a prediction on a message board. Note that this guy could have lost his job for giving you this and you post it as a prediction. Is that really honest? Note that part of the definition of "credible" is "reasonable to trust or believe." I don't think posting sensitive information on a message board is honest. A little mean? Maybe. But you keep saying how your SOO credible and somehow other websites aren't because they post clearly labeled rumors.

I could say more but not much reason to. Again, you only make two post, both happen when your rumor is put under real scrutiny and then you lurk the thread where everyone is talking about it. It seems like your monitoring discussions about your rumors a lot. If you didn't know. Embezzlement is usually perpetuated by constant monitoring. It's very weird that you are constantly monitoring discussion about this.
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate.
So what is the problem with me convincing people the leak is wrong then? If your rumor is true and you have a source to back you, then why do you care about about me convincing others the rumor is wrong? It's like everything else about this. It just smells fishy.
While I do agree with your original post in that it covers everything sketchy about the leak, you're being way too hostile and are arguing for the sake of arguing. Both you and Sal have made your points, and the main lesson has already been given: people know not to blindly follow a leak.

I won't dissect your post like many probably will, but I would advise you to calm down and drop this discussion.

blue4TEKZ

Smash Rookie
New here. Been following this thread since the direct. Figured I might as well jump in on the discussion.

As for the Sal leak, personally I think it's true. At first I didn't wanna believe it, especially when I saw a picture of what the chorus men/marshal looked like, who seemed more disappointing than WFT. But then the direct came around and we were shown a bit of the WFT in action, and dammit I gotta say I was impressed. That gave me hope for C.M./marshal.

Now as for why I believe the leak, if they were just guesses up until this point this man is unbelievably lucky. I don't see that being that case. Not only has he gotten 4/6 of his original list characters right, he decides to reveal another list before the direct. Risky, very risky. Any one of those characters could have came up as an assist trophy or part of a final smash etc. And then of course the greninja reveal, although not specified by name, to me it's legit. Hopefully we start getting some more info with E3 coming around soon.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I was finally able to speak to RosalinaX, though it was a very brief statement, basically. Anyway, he said "Four characters are cut." And, "Captain Falcon is returning." The "Four characteres are cut" was in the MKWii thread, so we only gained Captain Falcon added to the leak's legitimacy.

@Swampasaur and @ Starbound Starbound

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I was finally able to speak to RosalinaX, though it was a very brief statement, basically. Anyway, he said "Four characters are cut." And, "Captain Falcon is returning." I'm not sure if four characters cut was in his first statement on the MKWii thread or not.

@Swampasaur and @ Starbound Starbound
Well we know that captain falcon has nothing against him, so we could've heard something more exciting about veterans than an obvious veteran fighter.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Well we know that captain falcon has nothing against him, so we could've heard something more exciting about veterans than an obvious veteran fighter.
Yeah. I know. But, I can't make the person give me any information. They offered that without me prodding whatsoever.

But, I have asked for more info, so maybe we will hear something else. Capt. Falcon is a very safe guess, especially after seeing his returning AT. If I gain any more information, then I'll be sure to let everyone know. Again, adding four characters cut and Captain Falcon as playable is more than we had from him to begin with.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thanks so much for being willing to do this @Houndstooth .

Can't say that the info makes me believe the leak more. It's too safe. Everyone knows that Falcon is in after the direct. Hopefully he'll give us a newcomer because that's when we'll be able to test it.

Yeah. I know. But, I can't make the person give me any information. They offered that without me prodding whatsoever.

But, I have asked for more info, so maybe we will hear something else. Capt. Falcon is a very safe guess, especially after seeing his returning AT. If I gain any more information, then I'll be sure to let everyone know. Again, adding four characters cut and Captain Falcon as playable is more than we had from him to begin with.
If that's the rumor paired with MK8 info, "four cuts" was actually part of that, already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom