• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Where's the rumor that says that the final roster will have 48 characters and have 4 cuts? I'm only just now realizing that this isn't tied to the Sal/Gematsu leaks.
I personally don't believ it, unless the 48 doesnet count the mii.
I think the 4 cuts are : snake, lucas, ivysaur, squirtle and im torally fine with that........ok just a little happy haha.
I dunno the source. im very helpful..........moderator.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Where's the rumor that says that the final roster will have 48 characters and have 4 cuts? I'm only just now realizing that this isn't tied to the Sal/Gematsu leaks.
That one is the Mario Kart 8 leak.

Edit: It's called the RosalinaX leak on the first page

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
@Swampasaur and @ThatWasPeachy

It's been two days, and RosalinaX still hasn't messaged me back on the MK8 forums. I'll try and send another message since I am off the rest of this week. Hopefully, I'll get some sort of response. I'd rather be told "I'm not going to talk about it" rather than nothing at all.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That one is the Mario Kart 8 leak.

Edit: It's called the RosalinaX leak on the first page
Thank you. From the way people were talking about them, it sounded like this and the Gematsu leaks came from the same person but apparently they don't. I suppose it makes sense to combine them given how 39 - 4 + 13 (those in the leaks plus Rosalina and Mewtwo) = 48. It seems like a lot of people have quietly accepted this. Granted, it's not a terrible roster by any means. Aside from Chorus Men and WFT, all the newcomers are at least decently popular and the cuts are minimal so it's not like it's utterly reprehensible. I guess I'm just surprised that only a few people are making an attempt to rip it apart.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I keep seeing people discounting rumors involving "transformations" because Sakurai said there wouldn't be any - but let's not forget that the very same Nintendo Direct showed at least three (Mega Lucario, Mega Charizard X, and Giga Mac - and I assume Giga Bowser and Super Sonic are still in there).

What he meant was transformations triggered by moves. Final Smash transformations are still quite common. Probably obvious to some, but I've seen several replies get this confused already (specifically, a few people refuted the Sick Child leak because of this)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I keep seeing people discounting rumors involving "transformations" because Sakurai said there wouldn't be any - but let's not forget that the very same Nintendo Direct showed at least three (Mega Lucario, Mega Charizard X, and Giga Mac - and I assume Giga Bowser and Super Sonic are still in there).

What he meant was transformations triggered by moves. Final Smash transformations are still quite common. Probably obvious to some, but I've seen several replies get this confused already (specifically, a few people refuted the Sick Child leak because of this)
EDIT: ima derp dont mind me

Last edited:

Well, the rumor's exact quote is "There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters)", which implies that "transforming characters" do share a Final Smash. I don't see how else that can be interpreted besides Zelda and Sheik sharing the light arrow, or all the trainer's Pokémon sharing Triple Finish. And thus, the rumor has faltered.

boss_man_sippy

Smash Rookie
Well, the rumor's exact quote is "There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters)", which implies that "transforming characters" do share a Final Smash. I don't see how else that can be interpreted besides Zelda and Sheik sharing the light arrow, or all the trainer's Pokémon sharing Triple Finish. And thus, the rumor has faltered.
I think it's pointing towards Lucario and Charizard both going into Mega-Evolution for their Final Smash..

KingBroly

Smash Lord
That's a stretch, IMO. Both may have Mega Evolutions, but we don't know how they differ from each other.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Thank you. From the way people were talking about them, it sounded like this and the Gematsu leaks came from the same person but apparently they don't. I suppose it makes sense to combine them given how 39 - 4 + 13 (those in the leaks plus Rosalina and Mewtwo) = 48. It seems like a lot of people have quietly accepted this. Granted, it's not a terrible roster by any means. Aside from Chorus Men and WFT, all the newcomers are at least decently popular and the cuts are minimal so it's not like it's utterly reprehensible. I guess I'm just surprised that only a few people are making an attempt to rip it apart.
prob because they be ripped apart as well :p

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
To be fair, if Zelda & Sheik share a Final Smash, they were -previously- a transformation, and it could just have been a reference to that.

It's also possible they were originally still transformations at one point in development.

I still don't believe the "sick kid" leak, but there not being transformations NOW does not mean they weren't previously implemented. So it's entirely dependent on when the kid would've seen it.

But like I said, I still don't believe the leak anyway. I don't particularly believe any leak. I'm just not against any of them at the moment. Unless they involve Ganondorf being *replaced* by Ghirahim or Demise.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
We really need some new leaks here if we are seriously considering Doc Louis counting to 101 = Wonder Red Confirmed. I know we've basically all settled on MK8 and SalRomano, but there must be somebody out there who's dying to make a fake leak. We need new material

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
prob because they be ripped apart as well :p
Well, what I meant is that back in the Brawl days, it seemed like everyone wanted a piece of the rumor that ultimately ended up being true. Just about everyone had an opinion on it. There were these lengthy posts about how ROB was unlikely, why Mewtwo was going to stay, etc but most people have taken this rather quietly. Obviously, I'm not wanting to see outrage or huge long rants but I am surprised that not too many people are dissecting it. There just hasn't been too many really thought out "I don't think this is likely because..." posts in regards to this matter.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Leak time, your fellow 4chan lurker found it (me).

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/239933671

text:
Super Smash Bros Roster niwano536 04/16/14(Wed)15:30 UTC-5 No.>>239934068 >>239934386 >>239934692 >>239935075
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I think the Sick child leak deserves a little merit. Especially if you consider that Transformation character could still be used to refer to characters who transform for their Final Smash or who used to be characters who transformed in the past.

Does anyone here remember when the 35 character Roster got leaked for Brawl and almost everyone immediately dismissed it as fake because of Rob and the low amount of characters compared to the expected 50? Or am I just an old timer. =p I am waiting for that one leak that everyone hates that turns out to have been right all along. =p

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
If we are seriously going to consider 101 being said in Mac's trailer then lets just go right ahead and say that Doc Louis is going to be playable because he was speaking in the trailer and appeared at the end.
See how dumb that is?
That's how this 101 thing is sounding to me right now.
Oh and the water mark of pac-man isn't completely crazy and unfounded

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

text:
Super Smash Bros Roster niwano536 04/16/14(Wed)15:30 UTC-5 No.>>239934068 >>239934386 >>239934692 >>239935075
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
Ghirahim, Metal Mario, Chorus Kids? Yeah, no!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
LOL FAKE.
no way wolf gets cut. no way there WONT be a 3rd dk rep. mewtow and snake are very unlikely, metal Mario NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
chorus kids? bandwagon.

also .........metal box IIISSSS back.

Next.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
No metal box?
Then what do you call this?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
LOL FAKE.
no way wolf gets cut. no way there WONT be a 3rd dk rep. mewtow and snake are very unlikely, metal Mario NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
chorus kids? bandwagon.

also .........metal box IIISSSS back.

Next.
Yeah, he forgot Wario too.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Not a particularly well thought out leak, especially with the Metal Box having been revealed in the recent screenshots.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
Wow, fail right out of the gate! We can discard this one due to the Metal Box. I have seen that in the press kit.

HummingB

Smash Rookie

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.

Aaaaand it's gone!

:edit: Meh, ninja'd, sorry for the useless post ._.'

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, what I meant is that back in the Brawl days, it seemed like everyone wanted a piece of the rumor that ultimately ended up being true. Just about everyone had an opinion on it. There were these lengthy posts about how ROB was unlikely, why Mewtwo was going to stay, etc but most people have taken this rather quietly. Obviously, I'm not wanting to see outrage or huge long rants but I am surprised that not too many people are dissecting it. There just hasn't been too many really thought out "I don't think this is likely because..." posts in regards to this matter.
I honestly don't think that level of rumor fighting will happen unless there's a complete roster leak, and even then, with Sal's leak being accepted by quite a number of people, it won't be near as huge as Brawl's debates.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Warning Received

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
NEXT!!!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I honestly don't think that level of rumor fighting will happen unless there's a complete roster leak, and even then, with Sal's leak being accepted by quite a number of people, it won't be near as huge as Brawl's debates.
Better for it I say, the level of hostility during Brawl development was pretty ridculious on most levels.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Regardless, as alluded, I expect more than a few upsets and controversies over the final roster (Personally, my biggest hope is that Isaac makes it in, considering that Pac-Man is all but confirmed and Lyn has been disconfirmed)

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Warning Received
That seems legit

text:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Metal Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Ghirahim
Ganondorf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wii Fit Trainer
Fox
Falco
Yoshi
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Chrom
Villager
Pikmin
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Pit
Palutena
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Chorus Kids
Ice Climbers
Shulk
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Snake
Sonic
Mii

Metal box is gone
3DS releases late august
Enjoy.
>Metal Box is gone
Fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Metal Mario gets in Smash over Toad, Bowser Jr., or even Paper Mario... I am going to write two strongly worded letters to Nintendo when I am filling out my Club Nintendo survey after registering both SSB4 3DS and SSB4 Wii U.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I know there's still leaks in Green Reaper's list that are still alive. We should review them and see which are likely in light of the new information. He cleaned out the directly contradicted ones.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You are seeing those comments, they're just veiled in the form of "He didn't say Rosalina, so of course my favorite character is still in the pipeline as well."

That list with Sal's newcomers plus the two DK newcomers/Mewtwo/Krystal/Monita is clever in that it doesn't even bother refuting any of them, but that doesn't diminish the likelihood that it's a cash-in all the same.

I wonder, if talk of the 48 character roster begins spreading around NeoGAF, some insider will make the suggestive remarks needed for a confirmation or a denial, like what happened with MarkMan and Brawl's 35 character roster.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Screams fake to me, but if there really are more characters than what Sal Romano has posted then it's going to be hard to know for sure which one is the genuine roster.
I'm willing to bet that if the leaker meant the characters were the last newcomers, he'd have stated so. It seems to me, from what Sal has posted, that the leaker is methodically releasing info so as to not get caught doing so. It's really interesting noting that Sal's source has been vouched for by other notable leakers as well.

And I also saw someone post something earlier about Sal's leaker being incorrect, you're confusing that with the MK8 Leak, which seems to be losing credibility recently. Sal's leaker hasn't even been revealed, most likely never will be so we can't say if he's been wrong or right in the past.

EDIT: @ BKupa666 BKupa666 Is NeoGAF even aware that this leak exists? I mean the best bet we have is if someone over there who seems to always get info on games *cough*serebii*cough* is able to hint at if it's true or not. Didn't even know that's how the 35 char roster was confirmed.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Metal Mario, no just no. Also if rosalina x is not responding I Am going to call that srike 2. I don't buy her leak anyway, that drifting info is wrong it works differently then in mk7. Also the sick brother leak is fake then. That is one screwed up story for a fake leak though. Anyway we still have the second Mario newcomer and tingle as a newcomer leak open for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom