• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
"accidental"

There's your answer.

To clarify, I'm not saying don't discuss things actually leaked, accidental or otherwise. It happened during Brawl with the sticker leaks revealing Jigglypuff, Lucario and Ness, so it's not unheard of.

What is distinctive is that most of the information confirmed by Nintendo/Sakurai themselves, such as all the post-Direct stuff, just serve to clutter this topic up. So what I am saying, if I'm saying anything, is that if it can be discussed in another thread, then it probably should be. Rumours/Leaks are open to interpretation, but have a (relatively) precise definition. Hints and general assumptions (____ in the clouds, ____ series won't get x many reps, etc.) are better off in the Character Discussion and other speculation topics.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
This thread was made for discussing leaked content and rumours from non-official sources. Nintendo revealing or hinting at anything themselves doesn't fall under that, it falls under official/confirmed stuff, which would fall under this thread.

What "older leak" are you referring to? If it itself refers to hints/speculation, then it's likely just a rumour, not a "leak."
let me just repost what i said earlier

so i just went back and took a look at the "Xplizit" leak and well allow me to post his bullet points

post #1
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed

• An unexpected character returns

• The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"

• It releases much sooner than expected

• There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer

• There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")

post #2
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well

• Some of you are already on the right track

• As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet

• I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week

now back then(febuary) this was dismissed as being too vauge but he managed to get smashrun and the summer release (for the 3ds version) right.

so as was said back in febuary "time to watch the trailers for the 100th time"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ IsmaR IsmaR
Heh. Hehehe. Modtriod. Sorry, I just loved that. XD

But ahem, on topic. Did I read that Sol guy said something? I've not kept Close attention to this thread because of the flood of off-topicness. D: Did he say anything neat?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate. As I've said myself, I'm not 100 percent on my source. But there are a few things I should tackle.

Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii Missing E3

I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea. There are literally tons of reasons as to why this person could've thought the trio would appear at E3. But even so, things happen, and not everything always goes according to plan. And Little Mac eventually showed. The guy is still backing Pac-Man and Mii, too. So, much like the rest of the rumor, time will tell there.

Pokemon from X and Y

Again, I don't know. This is what the guy told me, so it's what I posted. I don't know how involved he is in the game's development, or how 'inside' his insder knowledge is. There are, again, tons of reasons as to why he might not have known or been able to say the Pokemon's name. Or even describe him at that. Depending on the guy's involvement, it's possible he was only told about a "Pokemon from X and Y" being in the roster.

Safe Guesses

I see this term tossed around a lot. I honestly don't think there's any such thing. There are no safe guesses when it comes to naming a roster. Wii Fit Trainer wasn't a safe guess, as you'll admit, and I don't know how 'likely' (again, this would be a synonym of a safe guess, which doesn't really apply as this newcomer thing can be pretty darn random) Mega Man, Villager, and Little Mac were, but this guy's 4 for 6 on his E3 leaks so far. Which is pretty darn good.

Leaker Not Leaking Other Things Like Stages, etc.

I don't know, I'm not the leaker. Why is this guy only telling me newcomers? Again, I don't know.

Posting a Baseless Rumor

"First, he didn't say he had a source because he wasn't sure that the source was credible. Of course, this is silly because all new sites post rumors regardless of their credibility."

I'm sorry, I'll try to maintain a crappier website.

Seriously, though, that second sentence is silly in itself. If I get an e-mail from "blahblah@mailservice.com" with a list of characters said tipster claims will be in the game, would you expect me to just run with it without first attempting to verify the guy? If I cared more about hits and less about credibility, sure. But that's not me.

Making Things Up

Let's get one thing straight, and long-time followers of my site will attest to this. I don't make things up. Not for traffic, not for anything. My site exists to provide game news in the most excellent way possible. I don't fabricate information. I'm just like all of you in this, and I'd be pretty pissed off if anyone did something like that. Again, I'm still not 100 percent on my source, but so far he's in the green with his 'leak.'

"In otherwords, Sal's website is very no name. How can you improve searches? Why, have a fake rumor of course. And since he got Wii Fit Trainer right, it's even better. Now you can drive hits to your site."

The site is pretty big actually. More hits would be nice, sure. But we average many more hits than I think you'd imagine per day. It's okay, though. You didn't know.

To Everyone Else

I think my talk with Star, as well as what I've written above, just about sums up everything I can think to say. But yeah. No one has to believe the leak. It's fun to discuss, but being dead set on proving these things true or false without further evidence is not really doable at the moment. Unfortunately it's a waiting game and that's what we'll all just have to do. But I'll tell you now, this isn't something I've gone and pulled out my sleeve for hits. There's no debating that.

Edit: Also, to clarify some more, I've tried contacting this guy for more information. When Star mentioned the leaker being too busy to respond, what I said specifically was that the guy seems to operate on his own schedule, e-mailing me when he wants to rather than what I want him to. Star can attest to that.
I'm glad thaT you posted here. I never doubted you and now have even more reason to believe you. You sound like a cool
Dude. I hope you stick around and spectulate and discuss smash bros with us.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Chorus Men better be fake. That sounds like such a stupid choice. If it's in I totally won't play it, hopefully it's unlockable so I can keep it locked.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Chorus Men better be fake. That sounds like such a stupid choice. If it's in I totally won't play it, hopefully it's unlockable so I can keep it locked.
the sad thing is.......what if its the first unlockable?probbaly isn't if true though.................

I literally like the idea of 80% of all joke suggestions random people randomly make but this is just Horrible.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Don't judge till you see it.
Hey I just characters every time and have been right every time. The only characters in brawl I thought would suck were Sonic and Wolf and I was right for both. So I think I'm a pretty good judge for the characters.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ya know, if Sal's leak is true. There could be false information intentionally put in there by the leaker. Look at the x/y leak, not everything there as true.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
hey guys !
I noticed that many things from this old rumor became true after the direct
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1993996-last-informations/
Hi ,I'm the one who posted some informations about SSB4 when the Palutena leak came out and also in February .
I'm not going to explain again my story so you can read it (with the other informations) here http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1985469-ssb4-informations/

First sorry for my english but I and my friend are japanese so we can't write very well .
Second ,Masahiro does not care about rumors because he knows there are a lot of them and that if one is true nobody will belive it ,so I can write these informations without risk much .
Third ,these are the last informations because I don't want to say everything and I am only going to explain some things about the informations I already posted .

Let's start :

When Ridley is a stage hazard he only shoots fireballs because when he is playable Goyagma does the same thing , so the hazard is the same .

Since Palutena is playable she uses the old Pit's final smash and he uses the three sacred treasures

Masahiro wanted to make King K Rool playable due to fans' requests but then he changed his mind (I don't know why) ,now we are trying to convince him to make KKR at least an assist trophy

Pokemon Stadium 3 is the only Wii U Pokemon stage and the five types which appear are fairy ,dark ,bug ,poison and steel

Miiverse is a stage on both Wii U and 3DS ,it's like the Pictochat without drawings and with SSB Miiverse community drawings

Nintendo Land is on Wii U ,you fight on the top of the tower

Masahiro decided to make Dillon playable and Tempo an assist trophy

Mallo does the same thing Piplup did in Super Smash Bros Brawl

SR388 is on 3DS ,you fight on the surface of the planet and sometimes the Queen Metroid arrives from the background and tries to eat the characters

I am not going to post any other informations , I hope you believe me
goodbye
well I don't think Dillon will be playable too low of a chance, besides the series just started and noway we know (and maybe him) knows if it will get more.

Pokémon stadium is NOT the only stage........fake. SR388 is a bad name but may happen.
I call it 90% fake.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
hey guys !
I noticed that many things from this old rumor became true after the direct
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1993996-last-informations/
2nd post said:
Hi ,I'm the one who posted some informations about SSB4 when the Palutena leak came out and also in February .
I'm not going to explain again my story so you can read it (with the other informations) here http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1985469-ssb4-informations/

First sorry for my english but I and my friend are japanese so we can't write very well .
Second ,Masahiro does not care about rumors because he knows there are a lot of them and that if one is true nobody will belive it ,so I can write these informations without risk much .
Third ,these are the last informations because I don't want to say everything and I am only going to explain some things about the informations I already posted .

Let's start :

When Ridley is a stage hazard he only shoots fireballs because when he is playable Goyagma does the same thing , so the hazard is the same .

Since Palutena is playable she uses the old Pit's final smash and he uses the three sacred treasures]

Masahiro wanted to make King K Rool playable due to fans' requests but then he changed his mind (I don't know why) ,now we are trying to convince him to make KKR at least an assist trophy

Pokemon Stadium 3 is the only Wii U Pokemon stage and the five types which appear are fairy ,dark ,bug ,poison and steel

Miiverse is a stage on both Wii U and 3DS ,it's like the Pictochat without drawings and with SSB Miiverse community drawings

Nintendo Land is on Wii U ,you fight on the top of the tower

Masahiro decided to make Dillon playable and Tempo an assist trophy

Mallo does the same thing Piplup did in Super Smash Bros Brawl

SR388 is on 3DS ,you fight on the surface of the planet and sometimes the Queen Metroid arrives from the background and tries to eat the characters

I am not going to post any other informations , I hope you believe me
goodbye
1st post said:
Hi ,
I posted some informations on Gamefaqs about Ssb4 when the Palutena Leak came out ,but after some weeks someone blocked me and deleted my last post so I decided to post the other informations on another websites .

In my last post I said that a friend of mine ,who works on Ssb4 ,argued with someone at work so he told me these informations about the game :

Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage (my friend was right about it)
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard (Masahiro wants to show before the hazard)
Palutena is playable
King K Rool isn't playable
Geno isn't playable
Sami (advance wars) is an assist trophy
Primid is an assist trophy
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a stage (fairy type appears)
Miiverse is a stage
Nintendo Land is a stage

Yesterday my friend saw on the internet some people talking about our informations on a website about ssb ,he read all the posts and he liked that they were talking about him ,so he gave me some other little informations for our Angry Rumor (that's the name that they gave to our informations) :

There will be a playable character from a Nintendo E-Shop series ... my friends said that Dillon and Tempo are possible but not sure
Hawlucha is a pokeball
Fennekin is a pokeball
Mallo (pushmo) is an assist trophy
King Boo is an assist trophy
SR388 is a stage
Bonus Stage (Ice Climbers) is a stage
Unfortunately the "Pokemon Stadium 3" tidbit already makes this false.

Last edited:
NNID
aiw1198
Okay, know when Sakurai confirmed "custom movesets" and everyone saw Kirby's ice attack and went "Ice Climbers confirmed/leaked". Well during that video, Pit used his arrow which span in the air... what move is that based off (as every other custom move seems to be based on a real move e.g. Mario's fireball having the same properties as Greninja's water shuriken or Mega Man's blaster - which were both ones shown within the direct). I've seen no one say about it whatsoever - and personally I thought it was Ness' PK thunder because it looked like it was controlled. I haven't played Brawl in a LONG time so it may be an already existing move.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dillon could've been playable if 3rd parties weren't in the game cause like... doesn't he just spin?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The hints in every trailer is highly possible like with x and y's trailers. Also can someone post the sick Brother leak? I want to look over it again.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
Pacman eating power pellets in the top corner confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Last edited:
The hints in every trailer is highly possible like with x and y's trailers. Also can someone post the sick Brother leak? I want to look over it again.
Here it is:
Details don’t matter, but my kid brother is sick and so he and I recently got the opportunity to play the new Smash Brothers for the Wii U thanks to some charitable donations and good people at Nintendo. It wasn’t a complete version, obviously, and I signed a non-disclosure saying I wouldn’t reveal anything specific about it, but I don’t see why I can’t drop a couple of fun hints for the other fans out there. And your tumblr was my favorite place to keep up on Smash news and analysis so here ya go!

* None of the original 8 characters are solo-stars for their series anymore.

* None of the unannounced newcomers I saw have been in only one game.

* Size doesn’t matter in the Smash Brothers Universe.

* A surprising newcomer makes an appearance who has never been seen full-body before.

* Ice Climbers aren’t the only team character anymore.

* There’s still another surprising “WTF” character to be revealed.

* There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters).

* Third party characters earn that title by having three parties.

Again, the game wasn’t complete and I think they’re working on adding in more characters, items, and stages than what I saw, but I didn’t want to give away too much anyway. It’s so much more fun to get surprised on that first time you sit down to play … but suspense-building hints make the wait more fun too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

its a shame that mewtwo leak wasn't real it would've been so sneaky.

NNID
aiw1198
Warning Received
Also it says "except transformation characters" (when talking about final smashes) but of course, transformation characters no longer exist, technically.

Grasping at the straws here, but he was in both Pokemon X and Y. Also was in Pokemon Battle Trozei.
... Touche (and somehow put the accent in)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The "sick brother" leak is fake, as it claims transformations are in SSB4.

It's also one of the most tasteless fake leaks I've ever read.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Here it is:
"None of the original 8 characters are solo-stars for their series anymore."

That's already true, unless he's not counting ZSS as a character, or he's seriously suggesting that Yoshi gets another rep.

"There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters)."

Transformation characters are out. Already debunked. Next.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
"None of the original 8 characters are solo-stars for their series anymore."

That's already true, unless he's not counting ZSS as a character, or he's seriously suggesting that Yoshi gets another rep.

"There are no characters sharing the same final smashes this time around (except transformation/team characters)."

Transformation characters are out. Already debunked. Next.
Well that died fast.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Warning Received
I don't really understand this logic for any eligible character in Smash Bros. Even if somehow Pichu came back or Dr. Mario was his own character again I'd at least play through Classic and/or Adventure and/or All-Star Mode with them at least once. I understand not liking a character's inclusion, but to the point that you'd never want them to even be unlocked, giving them at least a chance, or seeing how they fight? It just seems petty.

Also unless you plan on stopping playing the game as soon as you're close to unlocking them through playing enough Vs. matches. Then you'll unlock them one way or another (Even if you just self destruct yourself everytime you'd have the Challenger Approaching banner appear and have to fight them after nearly every match until you finally give in and beat them).

If you truly want to ignore them in terms of playing as them. Just unlock them, but never choose to play as them.

Also on your later post about you being right about Sonic and Wolf not being that good of fighters in Brawl. That really doesn't mean anything. I believe Sonic and Wolf even have a bit of an excuse in that they were some of the last fighters included in the game. Sonic looks to be much better in Smash 4 so far, and Wolf could also be improved if he returns.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Grasping at the straws here, but he was in both Pokemon X and Y. Also was in Pokemon Battle Trozei.
I've seen a lot of people count any Generation as the "same game" outside of remakes before. So R/B/Y/G would be the "same game". Trozei pretty much clearly kills the leak.

The only way I could believe the leak is if all the information was severely outdated and found out before all the bogus stuff becomes proven wrong. I'd chalk it up as fake right now too.

Okay, that sounded odd. Basically, any of this information could've been gotten before Sakurai changed up a lot of stuff that made most of this outdated. So it wasn't fake so much as "became different from what was real". If that makes sense. As I said, still sounds fake.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I love how everyone is grasping for straws trying to prove stuff.. BTW, where did that Nintendo employee say "We Missed Something?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom