• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why is the ChaosZero/Brawl-era Leak dead? I'm not sure what information came to be false.
It got moved along with the rest for convenience, as the posts still suffer from being too Ridleybig. Will sort them out properly once I get home.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Also, found a leak:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69036380
Hey guys, I recently got some information concerning the complete list of NEW playable characters in Smash Bros. To keep it brief, I'm only going to share the ones that haven't been officially released yet.

King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Mewtwo
Chrome (Chrom?)
Palutena
Marshal (???)
Mii
Monita
Shulk
Pac-Man

For the record, I'm not affiliated with Nintendo and/or Namco and have no firsthand knowledge, but the guy I got it from is legit (afaik).

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
SR388 is the name of the planet from Metroid II: Return of Samus.

The Elite Four chambers from the Greninja trailer.

This disapproves of the thought that both versions will ONLY include stages from games for those consoles
(this is from the Wii U version, while Pokémon games are handheld only)

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Ya know, if Sal's leak is true. There could be false information intentionally put in there by the leaker. Look at the x/y leak, not everything there as true.
This is very true.
The leaker was somebody, as far as I am aware, that was a game tester. I think that is why the info on fairy type strength and weaknesses were incorrect, as they probably changed them after some play testers tried out the new fairy types.

Later on, Pokebeach added some false info to the leaks, so that gamefreak wouldn't find out that he actually had leaked things, pokebeach also tried really hard to cover. But in the end that all didn't happen soon enough and the leaker was found out.

Anyway, it might actually be very possible that the leaker Sal gets his info from, or that even Sal himself, add false informationen to the leaks to protect the leakers identity or to make it harder to figure out who it is.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm hating all these "leaks" not including Isaac.
Let's face the facts, Isaac was an unlockable assist trophy in Brawl, none of which are confirmed nor denied as returning as assist trophies or being promoted. There's probably some reasoning for him to stay as an assist trophy

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This disapproves of the thought that both versions will ONLY include stages from games for those consoles
(this is from the Wii U version, while Pokémon games are handheld only)
Forgive me, IsmaR and other mods for going off topic.

I recall Sakurai saying that the version would primarily include stages from their respective systems. Meaning most, but not all.

Take Pikmin for example. There'd have to be some exceptions for it to get a stage on the 3DS version.

Interesting how a stage from a main Pokemon game is on the Wii U, even though there's tons of console stuff to work with, like Pokemon Battle Revolution.
I guess they wanted something from the main Pokemon handheld games in both versions.

Seems odd that the Kalos Pokemon League stage would be the "Pokemon Stadium 3" in the leak, because the types used there are just steel, fire, dragon, and water.

Unless there are new rooms made for the Smash stage based off the types listed in the leak.
The leak doesn't include dragon, either, despise the Dragonmark chamber in the stage, so Pokemon Stadium 3 might be a separate stage, assuming it's true.

-----

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Seems credible to me. Mostly. DKCR sold more than Skyward Sword. Seems perfectly reasonable for there to be 4 DK reps.

Krystal I feel is the weak point because I don't think Star Fox deserves a 4th rep and I sort of feel like the odds of Sakurai realizing "oh, I made the wrong 3rd Star Fox rep last time around" are slim...

I hope this is true. I will be very happy if this roster is right.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
if real I will be happy.

I mean cmon KRYSTAL and both k rool and xdixie, no ridley though and marshal still there.7

also who on earth is monita!!!! by the way, mewtwo...........................probbaly fake, in my eyes.

kinda too good to be true and this is very huge list,
Seems credible to me. Mostly. DKCR sold more than Skyward Sword. Seems perfectly reasonable for there to be 4 DK reps.
Krystal I feel is the weak point because I don't think Star Fox deserves a 4th rep and I sort of feel like the odds of Sakurai realizing "oh, I made the wrong 3rd Star Fox rep last time around" are slim...
I hope this is true. I will be very happy if this roster is right.
falco is the least important out of the 4 IMHO. 4 starfox reps is ok, its already over repped anyway.......

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Let's face the facts, Isaac was an unlockable assist trophy in Brawl, none of which are confirmed nor denied as returning as assist trophies or being promoted. There's probably some reasoning for him to stay as an assist trophy
I'm gonna be sad that only 1 of my wanted 3 is playable... and it'sthe one I want the least.

D

Deleted member

What if "Chorus Men" are just Marshall, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon, each playing exactly the same but being costume swaps like Wii Fit Trainer? I don't think they had a unified name in Rhythm Heaven, did they?
While possible, it is farfetched on the basis that a trio of characters known as the "Chorus Men" actually exist. And that Marshal, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon are not collectively known under that moniker.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
But isn't this hint thing a rumor?
It is, if only to the people who make it so. But noting subtle coincidences which may or may not be hints (not this ____ in the clouds stuff) isn't speculating so much as it is grasping at the straws. If we discussed every "hint," then we'd have no need for leaks since we'd have like 3 rosters-worth of content.

Also, don't double post.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Speaking of "hints" and "rumors", I was looking at the trophy reveals again, and I noticed that one of them is not like the others. For all of the trophies except Fi, they have a zoomed-in close-up shot of the trophy, to obscure who the trophy really is. This was of course very effective in the case of Pseudo-Palutena. But for Fi, they show the full trophy right at the start. Maybe nothing, but this could mean that Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Metroid will get new reps (Chrom, Ridley, and Palutena), while Zelda will not.

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
If we are seriously going to consider 101 being said in Mac's trailer then lets just go right ahead and say that Doc Louis is going to be playable because he was speaking in the trailer and appeared at the end.
See how dumb that is?
That's how this 101 thing is sounding to me right now.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
While possible, it is farfetched on the basis that a trio of characters known as the "Chorus Men" actually exist. And that Marshal, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon are not collectively known under that moniker.
I don't think it's particularly likely, but if Sakurai were to include those three characters in one slot they would need a name and I don't believe they had a group name in Rhythm Heaven. As they are superficially similar to the Chorus men (and are basically their successors) it would make some sense.

boss_man_sippy

Smash Rookie
If we are seriously going to consider 101 being said in Mac's trailer then lets just go right ahead and say that Doc Louis is going to be playable because he was speaking in the trailer and appeared at the end.
See how dumb that is?
That's how this 101 thing is sounding to me right now.
Yeah, I agree. That's some ridiculous speculation, but it would be nice to see one of Nintendo's new IP's make their way into the new Smash.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
SR388?
Smash Run 388?
SR388 is the name of the Metroid's home world in Metroid 2: Return of Samus on the GameBoy. I think it would make an awesome stage for the 3DS version. Unfortunately, I don't believe that leak because, as everyone else stated, he says Pokemon Stadium 3 is the only new Pokemon stage, and we saw from the Direct that there is an Elite 4 Pokemon stage. Unless this Elite 4 stage in fact is the Pokemon Stadium 3 stage, it's already false.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's particularly likely, but if Sakurai were to include those three characters in one slot they would need a name and I don't believe they had a group name in Rhythm Heaven. As they are superficially similar to the Chorus men (and are basically their successors) it would make some sense.
Rhythm League.

I remember them being associated with that term.

boss_man_sippy

Smash Rookie
I guess that's why everyone wants Shulk.

Either way, Welcome to Smashboards!
Haha. Thanks man. I used to post on the Smash forum on IGN back in the day, but IGN forums basically have nothing if there's no hype.. :/ It's beautiful to be among people who just honestly LOVE smash.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Haha. Thanks man. I used to post on the Smash forum on IGN back in the day, but IGN forums basically have nothing if there's no hype.. :/ It's beautiful to be among people who just honestly LOVE smash.
I started in there haha.........lots of stuff and there is a smash thread too. ahh the memorises of pages 50s ........were in at 160 I think now.

boss_man_sippy

Smash Rookie
I started in there haha.........lots of stuff and there is a smash thread too. ahh the memorises of pages 50s ........were in at 160 I think now.
I remember trying out for clans and all the clan wars. Ahh. Such great memories. Everyone was just so hyped for Brawl, but then once the game was released, all momentum just died out. :( That better not be the case with SSB4. It seems like Sakurai it gearing the game towards competitive players this time, so hopefully the fan base will remain strong!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I remember trying out for clans and all the clan wars. Ahh. Such great memories. Everyone was just so hyped for Brawl, but then once the game was released, all momentum just died out. :( That better not be the case with SSB4. It seems like Sakurai it gearing the game towards competitive players this time, so hopefully the fan base will remain strong!
I noticed the character discussion boards thrived for a while, but then died down afterwards. But that Pokemon Stadium 3 leak sounded promising until that part. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom