• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Also the head of her staff in the leaked pics appears to have some sort of engraving that the uprising model lacks.
I've noticed that as well. That's definitely Sakurai level of detail.

When all is said and done, all we can really do now is wait for Sakurai to stop messing around and straight up say she's in. Until then, I'd classify this as real unless/until proven fake.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So now we wait, I still think she's being confirmed tomorrow, though the likely lack of a Nintendo Direct does hurt chances.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The thing is, I'm afraid Palutena might fall into the specific occasion reveal category, aka, March 23rd which is KI:U's anniversary.

Of course Rosalina, the only other newcomer outside of E3, didn't have a special date (at least not that I know of). But who can say really.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So now we wait, I still think she's being confirmed tomorrow, though the likely lack of a Nintendo Direct does hurt chances.
I doubt we will get a newcomer tomorrow. We will probably get a string of teases from Sakurai until the game comes out.

HOLY KILL IT WITH FIRE!
I was hoping someone would say Palutena is too big deconfirmed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nah, I think she'll get revealed in a Nintendo Direct. Whether that be in the February one or whatever.

I think it's possible she gets revealed in February, because Diddy can easily be revealed alongside the release of Tropical Freeze. So there would pretty much just need to be some sort of provocation for Palutena to be revealed over a different newcomer. Whether it be a direct taking a look at 2014 releases (which includes Smash), or something Kid Icarus related. Remember, Rosalina and Luma were revealed in a Mario Kartesque trailer before the actual Mario Kart 8 Trailer was shown.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Oh, it did, but he came back saying things didn't go as planned and went for Feb 12th as the new time for the event. >< So far he hasn't said anything since and I'm trying to get him to cough up if it changed to Diddy/Dixie or it's still Shulk, and why he missed the Kid Icarus stage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh, it did, but he came back saying things didn't go as planned and went for Feb 12th as the new time for the event. >< So far he hasn't said anything since and I'm trying to get him to cough up if it changed to Diddy/Dixie or it's still Shulk, and why he missed the Kid Icarus stage.
Well, we still have the other guy.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
She will most certainly not be revealed tomorrow. At this point, we can assume No Direct = No new character.

I'm don't think Sakurai will do anything special for Uprising's anniversary either, as today (at the time of writing this) was the anniversary of Ice Climber and they weren't revealed, nor did we see anything for SSB64's anniversary besides a random footnote below the Rosalina image.

So, assuming she's in, I think there's not really much of a specific date for her to be revealed. Could be any time, assuming there's a Direct.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
She will most certainly not be revealed tomorrow. At this point, we can assume No Direct = No new character.

I'm don't think Sakurai will do anything special for Uprising's anniversary either, as today (at the time of writing this) was the anniversary of Ice Climber and they weren't revealed, nor did we see anything for SSB64's anniversary besides a random footnote below the Rosalina image.

So, assuming she's in, I think there's not really much of a specific date for her to be revealed. Could be any time, assuming there's a Direct.
I'm going to assume every newcomer will have a trailer.

However, no Direct doesn't have to mean that there's no newcomer. The first 3 were announced at E3, Rosalina was a direct.

But like with Rosalina's trailer, he could just post an untitled video in place of a picture on the website. Take it from someone who knows HTML and CSS, it's very easy to do, and he did do it with Rosalina.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So are there any games coming out between Feb(DKCTF) and May(MK8) in Japan? or are we getting some crazy unpredictable reveals? I think if theres no games then its a good time for a new comer

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As I said, there has to be a provocation for Palutena to be revealed in a Direct. Luigi, Sonic, and Rosalina all had a build up to their reveals.

Luigi had year of Luigi, Sonic had the games from Sega, Rosalina was used in a Mario Kart Trailer.

So, unless Iwata straight up says, 'Here's some footage from a specific someone..." and then shows Palutena, there is going to need to be some sort of reason to specifically show her.

That could be a number of things though. A Kid Icarus event, Smash News in general...etc...

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
As I said, there has to be a provocation for Palutena to be revealed in a Direct. Luigi, Sonic, and Rosalina all had a build up to their reveals.

Luigi had year of Luigi, Sonic had the games from Sega, Rosalina was used in a Mario Kart Trailer.

So, unless Iwata straight up says, 'Here's some footage from a specific someone..." and then shows Palutena, there is going to need to be some sort of reason to specifically show her.

That could be a number of things though. A Kid Icarus event, Smash News in general...etc...
And that is, to our knowledge, true. It isn't in stone, but we can assume it is based off of what's happened.

With all of these pictures, a new stage, and no de-confirmation on the leaks, she has had quite a lead-up.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
However, no Direct doesn't have to mean that there's no newcomer. The first 3 were announced at E3, Rosalina was a direct.
Um...the E3 last year was a Nintendo Direct, remember?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Um...the E3 last year was a Nintendo Direct, remember?
Ahh yes, yes. I keep forgetting that they weren't live that year.

But it still isn't set in stone that it has to be a Nintendo Direct.

If it is that way, we'll get her on the next Direct?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Ahh yes, yes. I keep forgetting that they weren't live that year.

But it still isn't set in stone that it has to be a Nintendo Direct.

If it is that way, we'll get her on the next Direct?
Though, now that I think about it, WFT wasn't exactly revealed during the trailer like Villager and MM. Her trailer was shown on the show floor I believe.

Still, announcing new characters for these games is a pretty damn big deal, so I can understand why Sakurai wouldn't just randomly put one on the site one day. It would make more sense to reveal them at a significant event or something.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Though, now that I think about it, WFT wasn't exactly revealed during the trailer like Villager and MM. Her trailer was shown on the show floor I believe.

Still, announcing new characters for these games is a pretty damn big deal, so I can understand why Sakurai wouldn't just randomly put one on the site one day. It would make more sense to reveal them at a significant event or something.
Again, that is true.

It's still a possibility that we could get a random newcomer, seeing how random Masahiro can be, but if there's no Direct tomorrow, then maybe we'll get her in a different one?

I just want to see a trailer...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Again, that is true.

It's still a possibility that we could get a random newcomer, seeing how random Masahiro can be, but if there's no Direct tomorrow, then maybe we'll get her in a different one?

I just want to see a trailer...
Easy my Altean comrade, we shall (hopefully) see her in due time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nah, I think she'll get revealed in a Nintendo Direct. Whether that be in the February one or whatever.

I think it's possible she gets revealed in February, because Diddy can easily be revealed alongside the release of Tropical Freeze. So there would pretty much just need to be some sort of provocation for Palutena to be revealed over a different newcomer. Whether it be a direct taking a look at 2014 releases (which includes Smash), or something Kid Icarus related. Remember, Rosalina and Luma were revealed in a Mario Kartesque trailer before the actual Mario Kart 8 Trailer was shown.
There was a guy who "leaked" that Palutena would be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, along with "Mario Kart 8 characters, Tropical Freeze info, 2 Wii U games and 2 3DS games." Not that that's not easy to guess or anything, but it's worth taking note of, since the obvious gamble for leakers would be to leak a DK newcomer around that time frame.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
There was a guy who "leaked" that Palutena would be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, along with "Mario Kart 8 characters, Tropical Freeze info, 2 Wii U games and 2 3DS games." Not that that's not easy to guess or anything, but it's worth taking note of, since the obvious gamble for leakers would be to leak a DK newcomer around that time frame.
Didn't they also say something about the SSB4 release date being in the end of the trailer?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would be careful assuming any character is guarantee for reveal for a newcomer. Even if the Palutena leak is true it doesn't necessary mean she'd be the next newcomer to be shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom