• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Have we seen Assist Trophies on 3DS? Alfonzo is a stage fixture
I think of it this way; the outlines are there to help you see where you and your opponents are. If it isn't something you can hit, and it isn't you, why make it stand out?

Sure, assist trophies can hurt you, but in most cases, they don't kill you like other players do.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have we seen Assist Trophies on 3DS? Alfonzo is a stage fixture
Even if we haven't, it wouldn't make any sense for that to happen with Assist Trophies. If the black lines are meant to distinguish fighters, giving them to NPCs like Assist Trophies would be counter productive.

Not to mention, the Palutena model in the pics is highly detailed, something that most Assist Trophies cannot profess, and certainly wouldn't on the 3DS version.

The black outline has been the highlight of a Pic of the Day, in which Sakurai described the inconsistencies in it. They match perfectly with Palutena, to a T.

As Hinata said, why remove her from a Final Smash for an AT? That logically would make little sense.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Sure, assist trophies can hurt you, but in most cases, they don't kill you like other players do.
Besides, if they're removing her from Pit's Final Smash, they're going all or nothing with her. Not putting her in an Assist Trophy slot.
I don't see why Pit's final smash wouldn't be turned into the sacred treasures, or the great sacred treasure.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
As far as I recall, Masahiro has de-confirmed most of the leaks so far, like the release date and such. But not this, even after 2 weeks.
The release date thing is the only one i recall him debunking, and wasn't it Nintendo that addressed it, not Sakurai? (I actually can't fully recall)

Regardless, there's a large number of leaks he hasn't addressed, and him actually coming out of the sdhadows and speaking out about it would only make it seem more valid, IMO.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Even if we haven't, it wouldn't make any sense for that to happen with Assist Trophies. If the black lines are meant to distinguish fighters, giving them to NPCs like Assist Trophies would be counter productive.

Not to mention, the Palutena model in the pics is highly detailed, something that most Assist Trophies cannot profess, and certainly wouldn't on the 3DS version.

The black outline has been the highlight of a Pic of the Day, in which Sakurai described the inconsistencies in it. They match perfectly with Palutena, to a T.
Another point; as we saw with the Wii U, trophies aren't like fighters. Palletes are off, and there's light shading, not HD shading. Most notable thing; assist trophy hair is never detailed like a fighters. Look at how detailed the leak's hair is.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

As Hinata said, why remove her from a Final Smash for an AT? That logically would make little sense.
Assist Trophies can harm and kill you. Since Assist Trophies occupy space fighters do, it makes sense to help distinguish them. Besides, the Palutena from the leak isn't that highly detailed anyway

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Assist Trophies can harm and kill you. Since Assist Trophies occupy space fighters do, it makes sense to help distinguish them. Besides, the Palutena from the leak isn't that highly detailed anyway
Wouldn't that also be applicable to Stage Hazards? Who actually clash with the black lines, such as the Find Mii monster?

Check out Wii Fit Trainer's arm.

Granted, Palutena doesn't show that clash in the picture because she isn't overlapping with anybody, but there is plenty more pointing towards her inclusion as playable than as an Assist Trophy.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Excluding the Spring release bit he "deconfirmed" them by doing nothing aside from updating casually, otherwise he didn't care. There's nothing saying he'll address this leak in particular right now, especially if it wasn't planned yet.

I'm not trying to say she won't be revealed, but don't expect her above all others either. If Sakurai desires to not reveal her yet, she won't be addressed.
He did deconfirm it on his twitter, and i believe theres an interview that says it was proved false.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I was out playing hockey so I missed a bit of stuff and I'm too lazy to go search for it, what's this Sandbag leak?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Wouldn't that also be applicable to Stage Hazards? Who actually clash with the black lines, such as the Find Mii monster?

Granted, Palutena doesn't show that clash in the picture because she isn't overlapping with anybody, but there is plenty more pointing towards her inclusion as playable than as an Assist Trophy.
Awesome proof!

Now we can prove that even things that harm you aren't outlined, just the players! Great eye!

What isn't going for the leak right now?

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

Not really, since stage hazards are fixed and appear consistently. Assist Trophies appear on all stages and have random placements. The two are not comparable

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Not really, since stage hazards are fixed and appear consistently. Assist Trophies appear on all stages and have random placements. The two are not comparable
They still harm you though, which is the same thing an AT does.

They appear, hurt you, and leave. The two are completely comparable.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540

But the monster doesn't have a black outline.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not really, since stage hazards are fixed and appear consistently. Assist Trophies appear on all stages and have random placements.
No, it should be still be applicable. I'm not following your logic.

Regardless of their appearance on whatever stage they are still not playable. Meaning, they would not have an outline. While we haven't seen an Assist Trophy on the 3DS, all other non-playable appearances have not had the outline to them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But the monster doesn't have a black outline.
That's not the point. The point made was that Assist Trophies would have an outline because it would make them stand out. However, the lack of black outline for the monster already makes it stand out.

There really is nothing pointing towards an Assist Trophy having a black outline, nor Palutena being one.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
They still harm you though, which is the same thing an AT does.

They appear, hurt you, and leave. The two are completely comparable.
No, as stated, it has to do with random placement and appearance
No, it should be still be applicable. I'm not following your logic.

Regardless of their appearance on whatever stage they are still not playable. Meaning, they would not have an outline. While we haven't seen an Assist Trophy on the 3DS, all other non-playable appearances have not had the outline to them.
Being playable or not is irrelevant, plus you are creating a circular argument based on assumption. "Not playable = No outline = Not playable"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No, as stated, it has to do with random placement and appearance

Being playable or not is irrelevant, plus you are creating a circular argument based on assumption. "Not playable = No outline = Not playable"
So what are you doing? Making a claim that a character is an Assist Trophy with no basis to do so. We actually have substantial evidence that points towards a playable role.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Objection, Luma is a character that also comes out at random times, and it doesnt have an outline
Being that Luma appears to be OHKO'ed, and that it's spawned, I'd say it's more along the lines of an AT or stage hazard; he/she's an obstacle, not something that's going to kill you. Plus, I doubt dealing damage to it will effect Rosalina's health, making it worthless to go after.

Both the lloyd rocket and Luma aren't random; they're attacks that the player preforms. Again, refer to my post about weapons in the 3DS version.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Being that Luma appears to be OHKO'ed, and that it's spawned, I'd say it's more along the lines of an AT or stage hazard; he/she's an obstacle, not something that's going to kill you. Plus, I doubt dealing damage to it will effect Rosalina's health, making it worthless to go after.
Oh ho ho, how wrong you are. Watch the trailer again

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
So what are you doing? Making a claim that a character is an Assist Trophy with no basis to do so. We actually have substantial evidence that points towards a playable role.
Technically, there is absolutely no basis to say she is playable besides the leak images, which may not be legit anyway and the interpretation is ambiguous. So don't act as if you have any substantial evidence at all. We haven't seen Assist Trophies in 3DS and don't know how they function. They could very well have an outline

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Technically, there is absolutely no basis to say she is playable besides the leak images, which may not be legit anyway and the interpretation is ambiguous. So don't act as if you have any substantial evidence at all. We haven't seen Assist Trophies in 3DS and don't know how they function. They could very well have an outline
If that's your verdict, you need to go back and read pages of this discussion my friend.
My friend, the Luma is Olimar's Pikmin, or Popo's Nana. Its very deadly to have the Luma at Rosalinas side, and it provides great defense. Rosalina can fight a 2 front war. How many others can do so?
I don't quite agree.

I would call the Luma Zelda's Dins Fire. You spawn it, control it, it can hurt others,the difference being Luma can be killed, easily. Do you think Din's Fire is going to have an outline?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If that's your verdict, you need to go back and read pages of this discussion my friend.

I don't quite agree.

I would call the Luma Zelda's Dins Fire. You spawn it, control it, it can hurt others,the difference being Luma can be killed, easily. Do you think Din's Fire is going to have an outline?
Is Dins Fire alive? Is the character called Zelda and Dins Fire. Nah, its not. Luma seems much more resourceful than Dins Fire.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Weapons aren't outlined in all instances.

Pit's weapon isn't, Palutena's staff isn't, the Falchion isn't. That is consistent with playable characters.

The outline of the character can be inconsistent throughout the character itself. As with Palutena, this is consistent with all characters.

The claim that Assist Trophies have the same outlines cannot be presumed until we see factual evidence that they would be outlined like playable characters. The way these two quotes look juxtaposed to one another may make it more understandable.

The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black.

«Here's a new Assist Trophy--the Skull Kid! I repeat, it's an
Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!

This leads me to believe that Assist Trophies WILL be differentiated between the playable characters. Yes, I realize I'm using a quote from both versions. But I think there is context to be taken from them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Your perspective is already fallacious if you are relying on absolutes. There is certainly a basis that correlates to Palutena's chances as a playable character, just as there is a basis for almost every character that is speculated about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom