• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Your perspective is already fallacious if you are relying on absolutes. There is certainly a basis that correlates to Palutena's chances as a playable character, just as there is a basis for almost every character that is speculated about.
Why do you have to ruin my fun

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I can't wait till Sakurai puts this blasted thing to bed. Pokemon! Phantom! Palutena! SPILL, Sakurai! There's Hype and then there's THIS torture!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What's to say Luma does? The pikmin are OHKO'd.

Luma being OHKO'd is the same as Din's Fire being canceled against Link's shield. Just a minor effort.
Pikmin being OHKO? Listen to that reasoning. If that were the case, Olimar would be plucking for Pikmin more than Mario would be picking veggies in SMB2

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Pikmin being OHKO? Listen to that reasoning. If that were the case, Olimar would be plucking for Pikmin more than Mario would be picking veggies in SMB2
Every time I bring Falchion down on a Pikmin, the same thing happens.

They go flying and explode into a soul.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Are you serious? Din's Fire is the most avoidable attack in the game and can be blocked. Luma is a separate disposable helper who can be controlled. Way more resourceful
Come to think of it, what's your point with the Luma against Palutena?

The main character of the trio is Rosalina, whom is outlined.

Palutena is outlined.

Luma isn't, but what does that even matter? A character isn't outlined? How does that affect Palutena?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Technically, there is absolutely no basis to say she is playable besides the leak images, which may not be legit anyway and the interpretation is ambiguous. So don't act as if you have any substantial evidence at all. We haven't seen Assist Trophies in 3DS and don't know how they function. They could very well have an outline
Have you read through any of the pages of this thread? I'm seriously wondering.

We have proven that the Mario in the picture is a newer version, first seen in the adventure mode picture revealed about 24 hours before the leak occurred. The original image of the Mario would have been impossible to use, as in the event it was blown up to a larger size, it would have been much too pixelated.

We have proven that the model of Palutena in said pictures are unique from any other title she appears in. It doesn't come from Uprising, Brawl, or anywhere else. It is unique to Smash Bros.

There have been scans run on the pictures by other members on this site, such as @Xenoblaze . Said scans were meant to find any discrepancies in the pictures that may have stemmed from Photoshop or another program for editing. None were found.

The pose Mario was in, and the background of Battlefield have also never been seen in another picture provided on the game. Which means that the Facebook page, Dojo, or videos...none of them provided any source material for these pictures.

So unless we're going to say that somebody made a flawless picture of Mario and Palutena within 24 hours of a screenshot with the newest Mario in it, then the idea that it is fake seems rather unlikely.

That essentially gives the pictures credibility.

However, that does leave the question of the status of Palutena. Based on the idea that only playable characters have the outlines, it can be assumed that those would be reserved for playable characters.

Because we haven't seen Assist Trophies in the 3DS version, we cannot speak in absolutes. However, that does not mean there is more pointing towards her being an Assist Trophy. Because non-playable roles don't have the outline, such as Alfonzo who is essentially on even ground with the fighters, hostile or not, it could be speculated that Assist Trophies will not have that either.

Obviously we're not going to agree, and I need my sleep for school. So i'm leaving it at this. You think what you'd like. I still think she's playable.

EDIT: Unless of course you're playing Devils Advocate here, which I can appreciate from time to time. I'm pretty sure the NPC= No outline is a universal agreement though, so I must say I'm partial to agree with that notion.

Last edited:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
you guys still talking about Palutena :ohwell:
Go back to like page 230 and start reading, I think I've confirmed the leak. Of course, nothing is truly confirmed until Masahiro gives the word, but still.

On top of what's said above, I discovered many details about the leak that show it basically is real.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I have been following the leak since it surfaced. I am aware of the research progress. Honestly, I'm more interested in veterans and stages than newcomers. I'm a troublemaker, I know

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Soo... I've technically confirmed the leak, at least, confirmed it as far as one possibly could without an Masahiro's word?

I sound snobby;

I pointed out a vast majority of new, important details tonight, and was the first one to give the official word on it, but I had a lot of help tonight. Making that clear.

I'm just happy to again be hyped over Palutena's leak.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have been following the leak since it surfaced. I am aware of the research progress. Honestly, I'm more interested in veterans and stages than newcomers. I'm a troublemaker, I know
No offense taken really.

I probably came off as an asshole, so I apologize for that if I came across that way. I am very passionate about my Smash Bros at times :awesome:

The point with the Assist Trophies can hold water if we're given a picture of one on the 3DS with an outline. Otherwise, I do personally believe that it's reserved for playable characters in general not just for Palutena.

So therefore, from my point of view, Palutena is playable.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
No offense taken really.

I probably came off as an *******, so I apologize for that if I came across that way. I am very passionate about my Smash Bros at times :awesome:

The point with the Assist Trophies can hold water if we're given a picture of one on the 3DS with an outline. Otherwise, I do personally believe that it's reserved for playable characters in general not just for Palutena.

That's where I stand, too.

So, about a half an hour until the Picture?

Many claims of her being confirmed today, but I'm starting to doubt today hence the apparent lack of a Nintendo Direct, though anything can still happen.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Soo... I've technically confirmed the leak, at least, confirmed it as far as one possibly could without an Masahiro's word?

I sound snobby;

I pointed out a vast majority of new, important details tonight, and was the first one to give the official word on it, but I had a lot of help tonight. Making that clear.

I'm just happy to again be hyped over Palutena's leak.
Honestly, I've been waiting for somebody to attempt to make an attempt to use the statue as part of research on the topic. I must say, there are similarities, especially to the point where i'd go out on a limb and claim that that shouldn't be wasted on as Assist Trophy in one version. Why make a reference to a character who appears as an Assist Trophy in the other version of the game? Doesn't make sense to me.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
No offense taken really.

I probably came off as an *******, so I apologize for that if I came across that way. I am very passionate about my Smash Bros at times :awesome:

I would like to again reiterate that the only thing that would have had the time limit is the addition of mario.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Honestly, I've been waiting for somebody to attempt to make an attempt to use the statue as part of research on the topic. I must say, there are similarities, especially to the point where i'd go out on a limb and claim that that shouldn't be wasted on as Assist Trophy in one version. Why make a reference to a character who appears as an Assist Trophy in the other version of the game? Doesn't make sense to me.
As I said earlier tonight, I'm willing to embarrass myself to no return over this, because someone needs to say these things, and I'm willing to stand up.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
That may be true. But that still doesn't explain the unique qualities of the remaining parts of the leak. That is the smoking gun.
I would still like it if people would stop implying, most likely unintentionally, that there was only a short period of time for the whole thing to be faked if it was.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
That's where I stand, too.

So, about a half an hour until the Picture?

Many claims of her being confirmed today, but I'm starting to doubt today hence the apparent lack of a Nintendo Direct, though anything can still happen.
About an hour.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
You guys are getting me all hyped about Palutena all over again.

andimidna

Smash Master
She will most certainly not be revealed tomorrow. At this point, we can assume No Direct = No new character.

I'm don't think Sakurai will do anything special for Uprising's anniversary either, as today (at the time of writing this) was the anniversary of Ice Climber and they weren't revealed, nor did we see anything for SSB64's anniversary besides a random footnote below the Rosalina image.

So, assuming she's in, I think there's not really much of a specific date for her to be revealed. Could be any time, assuming there's a Direct.
Sakurai rarely follows a pattern. Trying to not be guessable. He isn't afraid to do something different. However, people are expecting Palutena and Ice Climbers. Remember on Nov 22 when everybody was expecting Rosalina and Zelda? We got a pic of Luigi's nose and Marth's neck. Easily the worst pic of the day, ever. That's Sakurai. He then revealed both Rosalina and Zelda in the next month. Not one newcomer has had a reason to be revealed on the day they were. So it's more than what your saying. This is where I see both sides.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I was gone for a bit so I had to catch up on posts, and yes, reading them definitely got me hyped again :chuckle:
Same with me, I hyped myself XD

The question though, is when she's getting in.

Maybe today's pic, but more likely sometime in the future.

But I want to see it tonight...

Morbi

Scavenger
Why are people expecting something good though? I find that whenever we actually expect something, we get nothing... well... minus Dedede, but even then, people didn't really care for much more than a day. So, seeing as we have every reason to believe we will have a reveal... it is fair to assume that we will get nothing as usual. He does actually follow a pattern. He never reveals something that makes sense at time... minus the penguin that hyped people up for a few hours.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Why are people expecting something good though? I find that whenever we actually expect something, we get nothing... well... minus Dedede, but even then, people didn't really care for much more than a day. So, seeing as we have every reason to believe we will have a reveal... it is fair to assume that we will get nothing as usual. He does actually follow a pattern. He never reveals something that makes sense at time... minus the penguin that hyped people up for a few hours.
I thought for sure that he would have shown off the Ice Climbers today (the 30th) since it was their NES game's anniversary. But I was wrong, hence the avatar change.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well at this point, anniversaries mean crap.

I'll take an AT disconfirmation though.

Inb4someonesaysPalutena

andimidna

Smash Master
Nope.

"PokemonBlazeX" says we will see the following next Direct:
-Mario Kart 8 info, characters, and release date
-Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze info
-Two new Wii U games
-Two new 3DS games
-Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS; Palutena Revealed Trailer

His earlier claims:

--Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff will be revealed on Feb. 27, the anniversary of Pokemon Red/Green

[COLLAPSE="This Roster"]
-No Sixth Mario rep.
-Dr. Mario is Mario's alt. costume

-No new WarioWare character
-No new Yoshi character

-Diddy Kong will be revealed at Feb. 12
-King K. Rool is newcomer.
-No Dixie Kong

-No new Pokemon character, but Mewtwo is back.
-Mewtwo and Lucario are buffed.
-Just like Zelda / Sheik, Lucario turns into Mega Lucario and Mewtwo turns into Mega Mewtwo Y.

-Sheik is not in this game, Zelda has a new Smash-Down
-impa (Skyward Sword) is newcomer. She has the same moveset as Sheik.
-Ganondorf is buffed, he uses his sword

-Krystal is newcomer
-Wolf is cut

-Ridley is newcomer. He has the same size as Bowser.

-No new Mother/EarthBound character

-Chrom is newcomer
-No Lucina, but Masked Marth is Marth's alt. costume

-Pit gets a new Final Smash.
-Palutena is newcomer

-No new F-Zero character

-Female Villager is Villager's alt. costume
-Little Mac is newcomer

-Pacman is newcomer
-Snake is cut

Veterans:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Ganondorf
12. Toon Link
13. Samus (and Zero Suit Samus)
14. Fox
15. Falco
16. Pikachu
17. Pokemon Trainer
18. Jigglypuff
19. Lucario (and Mega Lucario)
20. Mewtwo (and Mega Mewtwo Y)
21. Kirby
22. King Dedede
23. Meta Knight
24, Captain Falcon
25. Ness
26. Lucas
27. Marth
28, Ike
29. Pit
30. Olimar
31. Ice Climbers
32. Mr. Watch & Game
33. Sonic

Newcomers:
34. Megaman
35. Villager
36. Wii Fit Trainer
37. Rosalina
38. Palutena
39. King K. Rool
40. Impa
41. Chrom
42. Krystal
43. Ridley
44. Little Mac
45. Pacman

Cut:
1. Wolf
2. Snake
[/COLLAPSE]
-No Dixie Kong
-Krystal is newcomer when Wolf is cut
-Snake is cut
Cut:
1. Wolf
2. Snake

If this is supposed to be a leak, it's fake.

Dixie Kong is 3rd most important DK character now. Her importance through time has surpassed K Rool, who can't even return in his own franchise.
Sheik will not be cut, that is crazy.
Impa can be added, with a unique moveset.
Krystal can be added, if Wolf stays. And Wolf will stay.
Snake isn't going anywhere. Why would he? MGS5 isn't on Wii U? Who cares?
There is no reason to remove anybody this time around. Young Link and Pichu were the only ones actually removed before Brawl. We don't have that ****ty, unnecessary, or clone-y of a character as them time around.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
-No Dixie Kong
-Krystal is newcomer when Wolf is cut
-Snake is cut
Cut:
1. Wolf
2. Snake

If this is supposed to be a leak, it's fake.

Dixie Kong is 3rd most important DK character now. Her importance through time has surpassed K Rool, who can't even return in his own franchise.
Sheik will not be cut, that is crazy.
Impa can be added, with a unique moveset.
Krystal can be added, if Wolf stays. And Wolf will stay.
Snake isn't going anywhere. Why would he? MGS5 isn't on Wii U? Who cares?
There is no reason to remove anybody this time around. Young Link and Pichu were the only ones actually removed before Brawl. We don't have that ****ty, unnecessary, or clone-y of a character as them time around.
Snake might be cut because Nintendo might not have the rights to use him anymore.
And I highly doubt they'd get the rights now, especially because MGS5 isn't on the Wii U.

There's a whole other side to this, my friend; the legal side. That's why people stopped believing in Geno.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Snake might be cut because Nintendo might not have the rights to use him anymore.
And I highly doubt they'd get the rights now, especially because MGS5 isn't on the Wii U.

There's a whole other side to this, my friend; the legal side. That's why people stopped believing in Geno.
Because MGS 4 stopped him from getting in Brawl...oh wait.

andimidna

Smash Master

Really? THAT'S why people stopped believing in Geno? Nothing else?

Anyways, why wouldn't they just... ask? Kojima and Sakurai are just as much friends as before. MGS got on the 3ds. Snake was a successful addition to Brawl and was a very technical character, and most importantly, not a clone. Why should Sakurai deprive his roster of a gaming icon just because Metal Gear Solid 5 isn't on the Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom