• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Everyone says Toon Link will be cut, ends up coming back. Everyone says Lucario will be cut in favor of Mewtwo or even Zoroark, ends up coming back. Everyone says Ike is going to be cut... you know where im going with this. Though, i still think Mewtwo could possibly end up in Smash 4. I dont see why they cant have both and he was almost in Brawl (according to the forbidden 7 info). And also, this really does feel like a Brawl 2.0 lol.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Of note, this takes down the Translator leak, which claims Diddy will be the next character revealed.
It doesn't 100% deconfirm it, but it gives it a gigantic hit.
but Lucario is irrelevant because it's not 4th gen anymore, right guys? He's gonna get cut, Genesect or Zoroark will replace him.

Also X and Y are too new and will not get reps /logic
We've seen this rodeo enough times to know what's happening, right Mr. Thrilla in Manilla=??? :shades:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Just goes to show that Leakers don't have anything on Sakurai! Only the Palutena leak and E3 leak are believable at this point, making this thread essentially pointless for all other textbased leaks on GAMEFAQS.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just goes to show that Leakers don't have anything on Sakurai! Only the Palutena leak and E3 leak are believable at this point, making this thread essentially pointless for all other textbased leaks on GAMEFAQS.
At the moment you are 100% correct, but you never know with these things.

Something could pop up and be true, and we could easily get (another) legit leak around or before E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How many rumours have died horrible deaths by thinking Lucario was gonna steal all of Mewtwo's shtick?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Right now Mr. Predictions is probably crying along somewhere pouring shots of whiskey. ''WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?" he screams.

But sadly...he shall never know the answer.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually, most of the rumors claimed that Lucario and Mewtwo would coexist. One thing that will surely take down a number of other "leaks," however, is that Lucario's regular Down Special was shown in one of those screenshots, thus disconfirming a Special swapping him to his Mega form.

Also, it's been a pretty consistent trend that we've gotten floods of false leaks after each character reveal, so batten down the hatches and prepare for the people who will claim to have seen this reveal coming.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I feel kind of happy for Lucario returning but it also makes me real nervous. Honestly if Mewtwo doesn't make it I will be really pissed at Lucario (even though people will tell me that one character being in doesn't mean he replaced another one, IDC, I want Mewtwo in this game, now...)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How many rumours have died horrible deaths by thinking Lucario was gonna steal all of Mewtwo's shtick?
Not enough, because rumors with rosters without all the Brawl characters, Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ridley still exist.
I feel kind of happy for Lucario returning but it also makes me real nervous.
Mewtwo is the most wanted character that wasn't in Brawl. Mewtwo is playable. It's just how it is.

It isn't a 100% fact, but it is definitely a de facto statement, just like how Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wario are playable.

Staarih

Smash Master
I personally wouldn't worry about Mewtwo, I think it has a pretty good chance of returning even if Lucario is in the game, the two can definitely coexist. Lucario's reveal may hinder the possibilities of any other Pokémon-newcomers though. Many of the people here would be satisfied with only Mewtwo but I'd like to see something completely new as well. But that's just me I guess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anyways... iirc, Mr. Prediction or whatever mentioned that Diddy was gonna be the next veteran revealed, right? Well look at today now. You can figure out the rest of what I was gonna say.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Yes then what is he doing then? he is not damaged there is nothing on the floor and it looks like his tripping animation.
It looks close to his tripping animation. However, the image of Lucario sitting under the tree, this is matter of fact his animation AFTER he's already tripped.

Forgot who it was, but in the Miiverse thread a dude pulled out Brawl Box and showed us.

Random tripping = Out
Tripping with a cause? (Banana Peel or otherwise) = Still in.

Staarih

Smash Master
Sakurai has said that random tripping would be gone, so I'm counting on that. I'm guessing this Lucario picture is set up somehow, with or without a banana peel, just to have a "funny picture". I don't think it indicates much really.

agentorangez

Smash Rookie
hm, what are the chances that the mega form is an alt costume?

it wouldn't make him stronger but i wouldn't mind having him in his mega form for the entirety of a battle as opposed to a limited time during a possible changed final smash

We need to ask Sakurai to just confirm the status of Ridley for the health of some fans. They are freaking out whenever a shade of purple shows up in Pyrosphere.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

You had me for a few minutes.. I still dont get why sakurai wont show us ridley ;(

andimidna

Smash Master
Because newcomers all get trailers :awesome:
I think the clone Ridley from Other M will be a stage hazard and will keep his wii graphics and realistic, darker style... and will stay huge. But a more generic Ridley that represents more than one game that's been resized should be playabe, and would fit the art style by being a lighter purple. Although, Sakurai could always fit something completely random that doesn't make any sense as the stage hazard. Like a storm of Metroids. Or Mother Brain with wings.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Major leak is finished. Thank god. What a piece of crap rumor. Would have revealed that Lucario is next for reveal.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm so glad the translator leak has been debunked. (It said diddy would be the next veteran reveal) Sakurai's unpredictability saves the day.

I really didn't like that leak.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I guess with Lucario confirmed, I guesd we can debunk most leaks with stated tht Diddy will be the next character unveiled. Although, I still think they could unveil Diddy to coincide with dk tropical freeze.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ahahahahahaha. I read this thread out of morbid curiosity but often feel disdain for the leaks themselves. I'm glad Lucario exploded on the scene, it puts a majority of leaks to death and shows that none of us have a clue as to what the hell is actually gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom