• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
So, what are the chances that they changed the order of the character reveals between now and when the translator leak was first posted? I have someone asking me this, but I'm not quite sure how to prove them wrong.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
So, what are the chances that they changed the order of the character reveals between now and when the translator leak was first posted? I have someone asking me this, but I'm not quite sure how to prove them wrong.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hope this doesn't spell dome for that 'translator leak'. I mean, it has Ridley playable. D:

I mean, that leak did say Diddy would be the next one, right? It's not impossible Sakurai has Changes his mind on things and decided to reveal Lucario Before. Right?

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't spell dome for that 'translator leak'. I mean, it has Ridley playable. D:

I mean, that leak did say Diddy would be the next one, right? It's not impossible Sakurai has Changes his mind on things and decided to reveal Lucario Before. Right?
Ridley can (and should) be playable regardless of a confirmation in a "leak" and he will not be deconfirmed by the fact that a leak supporting him is false.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The translator leak doesn't say anything about the time characters are supposed to be revealed iirc (EDIT: Oh wait, yes he did, so that one is out the window.) There was another leak that stated the next two ones would be Dedede and Diddy Kong though, but it really didn't have any interesting info anyways.

I think the Occopicus leak in the OP can also be thrown into the trash bin now, since Riolu and Mega Lucario are no where to be seen currently, and Lucario still centers around the aura mechanic.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
If you look at the website pics it shows lucario tripping. (the dedede one) -.-
Yes?
Either Lucario is tripping from an item (like diddy's banana), a stage hazard or he is standing on a ledge and that is his "edge-balancing-animation".

Random tripping has been confirmed to be removed. (Was confirmed long ago and several times since. How have so many people missed this? Reddit is full of people talking about random tripping right now because of that pic -_-).

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The translator leak doesn't say anything about the time characters are supposed to be revealed iirc (EDIT: Oh wait, yes he did, so that one is out the window.) There was another leak that stated the next two ones would be Dedede and Diddy Kong though, but it really didn't have any interesting info anyways.

I think the Occopicus leak in the OP can also be thrown into the trash bin now, since Riolu and Mega Lucario are no where to be seen currently, and Lucario still centers around the aura mechanic.
Regardless of the leak....Lucario has a huge chance of getting his megaform as his final smash. Sakurai has done some weird things in the past....but he would be a complete idea not to utilize mega forms as final smashes.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Yes?
Either Lucario is tripping from an item (like diddy's banana), a stage hazard or he is standing on a ledge and that is his "edge-balancing-animation".

Random tripping has been confirmed to be removed. (Was confirmed long ago and several times since. How have so many people missed this? Reddit is full of people talking about random tripping right now because of that pic -_-).
We all know random tripping is gone....but I think the bigger question here is "What caused the forced tripping?"
This is a hot topic because people speculate that if tripping is removed all together....then certain moves, like Diddys banana peel, will have to be removed.
This led to speculation that Diddy's new Down special will swap him out with Dixie.

Since these images verify forced tripping is removed....then this means someone with a tripping move had to cause it. Since Diddy is the only known fighter that can currently do so, it is likely he is off screen in the Lucario images.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sakurai has done some weird things in the past....but he would be a complete idea not to utilize mega forms as final smashes.
mmm, I think Sakurai'd be an idiot personally, but to each his own I guess.

Either way, if there's one good thing that came out of Mr. Aura's reveal, it kills a lot of the fakes. Sakurai keeping things unpredictable is admirable. The man's totally keeping tabs on this topic and ensuring any would-be leaks are never right. :d

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
mmm, I think Sakurai'd be an idiot personally, but to each his own I guess.

Either way, if there's one good thing that came out of Mr. Aura's reveal, it kills a lot of the fakes. Sakurai keeping things unpredictable is admirable. The man's totally keeping tabs on this topic and ensuring any would-be leaks are never right. :d
He is a idiot? So who is smart? You? It´s funny that at internet people that achived nothing in ther life calls a lot of other people idiots. Not your case of course, at least you already achive a million seller franchise. Because you are so smart and he is so idiot.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
We all know random tripping is gone....but I think the bigger question here is "What caused the forced tripping?"
This is a hot topic because people speculate that if tripping is removed all together....then certain moves, like Diddys banana peel, will have to be removed.
This led to speculation that Diddy's new Down special will swap him out with Dixie.

Since these images verify forced tripping is removed....then this means someone with a tripping move had to cause it. Since Diddy is the only known fighter that can currently do so, it is likely he is off screen in the Lucario images.
Some characters down tilts can also force trips, like Ness's or Mario's for example

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What if when you use mewtwos final smash if you hold X he turns into Mega Mewtwo x and if you hold Y he turns into Mega Mewtwo Y :eek:!!!!! (let me act like I'm the first to think off this)

Well I guess we learned a lesson from all of this...Sakurai probably won't be cutting more than 2 characters but probably less than that. And I guess that some anniversaries do mean something just not all anniversaries mean something.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Since Lucario was announced today, it seems that the Dedede / Diddy Kong leak is partially disproven. The leaker claimed that Diddy would be the next veteran to be revealed, and it was no one other than Lucario.

*Sorry if I double post.

Pete278

Smash Lord
He is a idiot? So who is smart? You? It´s funny that at internet people that achived nothing in ther life calls a lot of other people idiots. Not your case of course, at least you already achive a million seller franchise. Because you are so smart and he is so idiot.
It was very important you go off at him like this for correcting a spelling error with a smarmy joke, he'll think better next time

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Perhaps I'm odd, but I am actually totally all for a surprise Pokemon character announcement. Not to tie in with any particular product, but for absolutely no other reason than to troll all of us. I feel like the announcement of a Pokemon character might also put an end to alot of the "leaks". Plus Pikachu looks a little lonely by himself as it stands now.

Well... with Lucario confirmed... I guess ask and I shall receive! Wow... did NOT expect that... does that mean I'm a prophet now hohohoho

JediLink

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what if...

Sakurai just put Lucario in his tripping animation to take the photo and nothing within the game actually caused it?

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Just updated Bkupa's original "Killable By" post
Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Underworld would be the Wii U Kid Icarus stage along with other inconsistencies.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
[/COLLAPSE]

Someone mentioned a "Three Post Leak". Don't remember what that was.
We got rid of 3 leaks (Hanafuda, Basty, Sandbag). I'm doing this from my phone so I'll check later for any errors.
EDIT: 4 actually (Really Short Leak)

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Just updated Bkupa's original "Killable By" post
Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Underworld would be the Wii U Kid Icarus stage along with other inconsistencies.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st

Live:

Jumpman Leak

• Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Really Short Leak
  • Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, and Jigglypuff not being included/not being revealed in that order
  • Mii, Dixie Kong, and Little Mac not being included/not being revealed in that order
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
[/COLLAPSE]

Someone mentioned a "Three Post Leak". Don't remember what that was.
We got rid of 3 leaks (Hanafuda, Basty, Sandbag). I'm doing this from my phone so I'll check later for any errors.

Actually "New Nintendo Direct Stuff" leak I think is over with too since I believe that leak had stated that we would be seeing that before the end of the month (January). It's the last day of January and no such Direct has been announced.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I just took a peek at gamefaqs. It's a mess. They are really pissed that Lucario is back in. I don't mind the guy personally. Never cared for the character but I can dig it. They also think Lucario's inclusion nullifies Mewtwo ... for ... some ... reason. Quite funny.

LF2K

Floor Diver
People assume they're alike just because Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball are similar.

Miiverse and GameFAQS look like a nursery right now, it's full of whiny babies!

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman

Anybody remember this clip that was shown at some X and Y event?

Perhaps whatever it is is about to be revealed since lucario seems to be the poster boy for it.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

Perhaps whatever it is is about to be shown since lucario seems to be the poster boy for it.
I hate to be a hater but why can't smash bros graphics look like this? I think they're using the same engine and it's a bit disappointing. Game doesn't look too hot.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Perhaps whatever it is is about to be shown since lucario seems to be the poster boy for it.
i doubt its coming out for a while though. i do wish for blaziken to be in smash bros if thats possible.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting anyone today, and we get Lucario. He must be pretty damaged, because I'm pretty sure he just shattered what, 20 leaks? With a single Aura Sphere. Yes, it's true that many leaks said he'd be in, but it was pretty easy to guess, and we've got a few that anticipated Diddy next. Doesn't this reveal more or less kill any leak that had dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom