• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

found this around the internet,looks pretty good to me
Obviously fake.

The pixels between background and Jigglypuff's render are too noticeable compared to the other renders on the site.

If it weren't for that, it would have been more believable as the name is correctly spelled, including the Katakana spelling, the font is correct too and everything else is plausible.

All in all, this is what I can say about this leak: Nice try, but it failed epically anyway.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's in the same pose as the Melee and Brawl renders, but it's slightly different if you look closely. Most notably, her curly hair thing is higher up on the fake.

I'd say the maker of the leak used the Jigglypuff trophy model from Brawl, edited it and the colors a bit and rendered it in a 3D program with some ambient occlusion, or shadows.

-----

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It doesn't matter if the arms are different, Jigglypuff is still in the same pose... how about doing something different? Like one arm raised, at least?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We saw Luigi, and got Rosalina
We've seen Toon Link, and Lucario... both are unlockables for their franchise...

who's replacing them?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All those image "leaks" get debunked so quickly, it's funny. All except the Palutena one, which actually may be legit.

We saw Luigi, and got Rosalina
We've seen Toon Link, and Lucario... both are unlockables for their franchise...

who's replacing them?
Maybe there won't be unlockable any characters this time? Considering the latest fighting game trends of having the rosters entirely unlocked, it might be possible for that to happen in this game...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe there won't be unlockable any characters this time? Considering the latest fighting game trends of having the rosters entirely unlocked, it might be possible for that to happen in this game...
But that's stupid as all hell.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am not sure why the notion of Luigi, Toon Link, Marth, Rosalina, and Lucario possibly being on the starter roster is so incomprehensible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah it will decrease the amount of playtime for Smash 4. I want to progress and unlock stuff just like every other videogame.
Well don't listen to big mean old frosty, they won't do that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah it will decrease the amount of playtime for Smash 4. I want to progress and unlock stuff just like every other videogame.
There could be still unlockable stages and stuff, but I believe the fact Smash is a multiplayer game is enough for it to have lots of replay value.

It really doesn't need unlockable characters to have longevity.

Or... Lucario, Toon Link and Luigi are like Ness and Captain Falcon in Melee, being starters whereas in the previous game they were unlockable. Or the characters are unlockable, but Sakurai is revealing them anyway.

Not that I really care, since I unlock characters in a few days. In the long run, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Unlocking characters is fun. But I think they can mix it up on who is unlockable and who is not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am not sure why the notion of Luigi, Toon Link, Marth, Rosalina, and Lucario possibly being on the starter roster is so incomprehensible.
It's just that if they're starters, then who's the unlockables. (I'm hinting that we may have other characters from their franchises being added). I thought about this a lot when Luigi was first revealed, and then eventually Rosalina was revealed, so.. I'm thinkin' we will get a new LoZ and Pokemon rep. Well, hoping anyways.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Doubles usually stay away from the starters, and with 3 of those being doubles (or 2, if you don't count Marth). It just seems...unnatural, I guess. Certainly unprecedented.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I really doubt that, if there are unlockables, we'd have all five Mario characters at the start. I'm thinking Sakurai just doesn't care and the previous unlockables will still be unlocked despite being shown off on the site. Pretty sure that Rosalina wouldn't be a starter either.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well don't listen to big mean old frosty, they won't do that.
Apparently, I'm some sort of evil overlord for considering other hypotheses. :rolleyes:

I never said that unlockable characters would not exist in this game. I merely stated that Sakurai could do that. And how can you be so sure that there will be any unlockable characters? I mean, it IS reasonable that, after three games with unlockable characters, one would expect there will be unlockable characters this time, but you never know what will actually happen.

Anyway, it's not that I don't like unlocking characters, I just DON'T CARE if there are any unlockable characters this time or not.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want Bowser to be unlocked this time around. He has so many changes. He should be earned.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I really doubt that, if there are unlockables, we'd have all five Mario characters at the start. I'm thinking Sakurai just doesn't care and the previous unlockables will still be unlocked despite being shown off on the site. Pretty sure that Rosalina wouldn't be a starter either.
agreed, and to be honest there really is no reason to keep them all hidden at this point. Any hype is good hype

and we will probably still have to unlock characters, the first trailer proved that we will still this at some point

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Doubles usually stay away from the starters, and with 3 of those being doubles (or 2, if you don't count Marth). It just seems...unnatural, I guess. Certainly unprecedented.
Smash 64 starters
1 Mario
1 Donkey Kong
1 Zelda
1 Metroid
1 Yoshi
1 Kirby
1 Star Fox
1 Pokemon

Smash 64 unlockables
1 Mario
1 Pokemon
1 F-Zero
1 Mother

Melee starters
3 Mario
1 Donkey Kong
3 Zelda (counting Sheik)
1 Metroid
1 Yoshi
1 Kirby
1 Star Fox
1 Pokemon
1 F-Zero
1 Mother
1 Ice Climber

Melee unlockables
2 Mario
2 Zelda
1 Star Fox
3 Pokemon
2 Fire Emblem
1 Game & Watch

Brawl starters
3 Mario
2 Donkey Kong
3 Zelda (counting Sheik)
2 Metroid (counting Zero Suit Samus)
1 Yoshi
3 Kirby
1 Star Fox
4 Pokemon (counting Kanto starters)
1 Mother
1 Ice Climber
1 Fire Emblem
1 Kid Icarus
1 Wario
1 Pikmin

Brawl unlockables
1 Mario
2 Zelda
2 Star Fox
2 Pokemon
1 F-Zero
1 Mother
1 Fire Emblem
1 Game & Watch
1 R.O.B.
1 Metal Gear
1 Sonic

Unprecedented? It's happened before in Melee and especially in Brawl.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

found this around the internet,looks pretty good to me
This 100% fake, and I'll show you why.

On Kittycorp (Brawl Hacking Central) there is a reskin topic called "Smash 3" which remakes the appearance of playable characters in Brawl to appear more like they do in their actual games (much like Smash For is doing). The team also has Wallpapers with each character's render on it, this is taken from Jigglypuff's wallpaper.

[collapse="This is where the 'leaker' took the image from"]
[/collapse]
So yeah confirmed fake, AEM WINS AGAIN!!

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
This 100% fake, and I'll show you why.

On Kittycorp (Brawl Hacking Central) there is a reskin topic called "Smash 3" which remakes the appearance of playable characters in Brawl to appear more like they do in their actual games (much like Smash For is doing). The team also has Wallpapers with each character's render on it, this is taken from Jigglypuff's wallpaper.

[collapse="This is where the fake took the image from"]
[/collapse]
So yeah confirmed fake, AEM WINS AGAIN!!
ok someone has a serious problem with actually doing there own art for leaks, the only ones i've seen is the Ness leak and Palutena leaks

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I'm the one that made that render for Jigglypuff. As Ariand/AEM said, I made it for the Smash 3 project, I never thought someone would use it like that haha. It wasn't really intended to be a "Smash 4 leak" render...

Just posting this to 100% confirm it's fake before it spreads even more!

We're here on Smashboards too, just hidden away in the Project M section.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sakurai likely just doesn't care about keeping unlockable characters secret this time around since we tend to find out about them launch some way or another anyway. Not to mention I highly doubt the whole roster we know of atm is comprised entirely of starters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai likely just doesn't care about keeping unlockable characters secret this time around since we tend to find out about them launch some way or another anyway. Not to mention I highly doubt the whole roster we know of atm is comprised entirely of starters.
Well, there's also the face that we know Luigi and Marth have been unlockable. So there's no point hiding it...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, Marth, Luigi, Rosalina and Lucario can easily go as starters as far as I see it, in fact I think Marth, Luigi and Rosalina are better fit as starters, where as Lucario can go both ways easily. Toon Link is a bit weird, but eh. It's most likely just shaking the starting roster up, I can't see any reason they'd reveal a mix of starters and unlockables at the same time, that'll just lead to a lot of confusion, especially for people who go on the site post-release to see that and unlockable is near the bottom of the page between two starters. That's just unnecessary confusion, especially for characters like Marth, Lucario and Rosalina who weren't revealed to tie into anything specific, so why didn't they just reveal starters on those dates instead?

The starting/unlockable relation has always been shaken up. In Melee C. Falcon and Ness weren't unlockables, I don't see how that change is any different from throwing Marth, Luigi, Lucario and Toon Link to starter position, not to mention they were made unlockable again in Brawl. Furthermore, Brawl also threw Jigglypuff off the sacred "1st character to be unlocked" position, probably the only real "pattern" to unlockables that was prior to that. It's just change, I don't see why it's so hard to understand that they're likely starters.

D

Deleted member

I'm on the belief that there will be unlockables, but they won't be kept secret due to the whole ordeal with Brawl's Japan release.

EDIT: Except maybe there will be like one or two that Sakurai doesn't show off before release, so that there are at least some surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom