• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I like to think that in Sakurai's mindset, semi-clones will be unlockable while a few types of characters like historical characters and a few others like Lucario are also unlockables.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I am not sure why the notion of Luigi, Toon Link, Marth, Rosalina, and Lucario possibly being on the starter roster is so incomprehensible.
I still think Luigi and Tink are staying as unlockables and Rosalina as a starter, considering that most of Brawl's unlockable characters were hidden via pictures with a question mark on them to give people the choice of spoiling unlockable characters for them instead of being immediately spoiled whether or not they want to, I think unlockable newcomers that aren't third-party characters will be given this treatment. Luigi and Tink are veterans, so I assume that being spoiled about them being in this game as unlockables wouldn't really be seen as a big deal, unlike unlockable newcomers that may be used to surprise characters. Also, she was given no indication of being an unlockable character.

I have no idea on Marth or Lucario, though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Maybe only newcomer unlockables will be kept secret? The only way that'd work though is if they aren't announced before launch since so far it seems newcomers are only shown in Directs.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey everyone, I'm the one that made that render for Jigglypuff. As Ariand/AEM said, I made it for the Smash 3 project, I never thought someone would use it like that haha. It wasn't really intended to be a "Smash 4 leak" render...

Just posting this to 100% confirm it's fake before it spreads even more!

We're here on Smashboards too, just hidden away in the Project M section.
I suppose that just shows what a great job you guys are doing!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Locking up the third party characters was always a silly idea to me. You had two characters in Brawl who entire new groups of people bought the game to play as, one of whom was promoted up the wazoo since Day One and the other of whom was mother***ing Sonic, and yet they're withheld from those groups? Hopefully that is rectified this time around.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Locking up the third party characters was always a silly idea to me. You had two characters in Brawl who entire new groups of people bought the game to play as, one of whom was promoted up the wazoo since Day One and the other of whom was mother***ing Sonic, and yet they're withheld from those groups? Hopefully that is rectified this time around.
Cause Sakurai.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With lucario being shown,people have been making more reasons why he was added. My favorite was because that in the Subspace Essimary,you met Lucario on an ice mountain,with winter-like weather,and it being January,I'm surprised people didn't think of this.

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
With lucario being shown,people have been making more reasons why he was added. My favorite was because that in the Subspace Essimary,you met Lucario on an ice mountain,with winter-like weather,and it being January,I'm surprised people didn't think of this.
Wasn't he announced because it's the 6th year anniversary of Brawl...?

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
Why Lucario if it was Brawl's anniversary?
I guess because he was first introduced to the Smash series in Brawl. They could have gone with any returner who started out in Brawl, but I think Lucario has always been an internal fan favorite for the developers. Thus him being picked as the only Pokemon outside of Gen One to represent the series to date.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I think Sakurai is just shaking up the starting roster again. I have no doubt that there will still be unlockable characters, maybe just not as many as Brawl, and probably mainly limited to newcomers. Marth, Lucario, and Toon Link being moved to the starting roster is something I can see happening, just as Captain Falcon and Ness were moved to the starting roster in Melee. I think Luigi is still an unlock, and was only shown because it was the year of Luigi. Rosalina, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer are all starters, I don't think they would show off an unlockable newcomer before release unless it is a third party character (for promotional purposes). Sonic may be a starter too, as he is no longer a new character to the series, even though he is a third party. Megaman is probably an unlock though. Just my two sense.

Unlockable doesn't necessarily mean secret. Snake and Sonic were heavily promoted last iteration, and Marth and Ness were shown right there in the intro. This is just a continuation of that. Though, I'm really hoping that all characters are available from the start; it's just not entirely likely.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Injustice did not have unlock able characters, and i have been play that since launch pretty constantly to this day, unlock able characters in 2014 are pointless just cause it was done in the past does not mean it needs to be done now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With Lucario in,it kind of does hurt Mewtwo's chances. Either that or we will get a Link/Toon Link scenario.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No no no lucario does not hurt mewtwo at all as a matter of fact I think lucario getting confirmed helped mewtwo

And as for unlcokable characters I think they are still there I think toon link luigi and marth will stay unlockable

Lucario and marth can most definatly be transfered to starters

(Lucario could be connected to unlocking mewtwo if confirmed)

(And marth connected to unlocking chrom if confirmed)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wait, hold the Milkers....

Lets think through this, Sakurai gives us 1-2 characters per month. Theres only 11 POSSIBLE months left for Smash Bros to come out, so that leaves us around 11-22 newcomers/veteran reveals left.
Already, we have 22 characters revealed. If the game is flowing along smoothly, we may well have around 44 characters (max) this time around. It would be a nice jump from 35. Of course, we would need to count up characters like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, plus the fact that there may only be 1 reveal per month, so we may not get too many newcomers.

Just a train of thought

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Wait, hold the Milkers....

Lets think through this, Sakurai gives us 1-2 characters per month. Theres only 11 POSSIBLE months left for Smash Bros to come out, so that leaves us around 11-22 newcomers/veteran reveals left.
Already, we have 22 characters revealed. If the game is flowing along smoothly, we may well have around 44 characters (max) this time around. It would be a nice jump from 35. Of course, we would need to count up characters like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, plus the fact that there may only be 1 reveal per month, so we may not get too many newcomers.

Just a train of thought
A TRAIN!

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
No no no lucario does not hurt mewtwo at all as a matter of fact I think lucario getting confirmed helped mewtwo

And as for unlcokable characters I think they are still there I think toon link luigi and marth will stay unlockable

Lucario and marth can most definatly be transfered to starters

(Lucario could be connected to unlocking mewtwo if confirmed)

(And marth connected to unlocking chrom if confirmed)
Ehh, I wouldn't go that far.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
My issue with no unlockable characters is no longer living the memories of Melee and Brawl, sitting there playing non-stop with my brother, trying to unlock all of the characters and guessing who made it it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom