• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I hate to be a hater but why can't smash bros graphics look like this? I think they're using the same engine and it's a bit disappointing. Game doesn't look too hot.
I don´t think that is the same engine.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm gone for less then 12 hours...

So anyway, Lucario! That's nice. Never really used him in Brawl, but I'm okay with that.

Now then Sakurai, just remember to bring back Mewtwo and keep Ike, and we'll be golden. Oh, and confirm Palutena and Shulk while you're at it. :awesome:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

So anyway, Lucario! That's nice. Never really used him in Brawl, but I'm okay with that.

Now then Sakurai, just remember to bring back Mewtwo and keep Ike, and we'll be golden. Oh, and confirm Palutena and Shulk while you're at it. :awesome:
Relax, he knows we like Ike.

SilentKnight96

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9541-9574
Yes?
Either Lucario is tripping from an item (like diddy's banana), a stage hazard or he is standing on a ledge and that is his "edge-balancing-animation".

Random tripping has been confirmed to be removed. (Was confirmed long ago and several times since. How have so many people missed this? Reddit is full of people talking about random tripping right now because of that pic -_-).
I can confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is not a banana slipping animation. I just tested this out, and when someone slips on a banana they fall backwards.
I'm still not sure whether it's ledge standing or tripping yet. One thing I noticed was that Lucario's irises don't shrink when he's standing on a ledge, but they do when he's tripping...

As for the pic of Lucario resting under a tree, that's the pose he's in after tripping and before getting up. He's in this pose for both banana slipping and random tripping.

Obviously this doesn't confirm random tripping, but it could hint at some sort of tripping other than from banana peels.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I thought it would be interesting to move the aura idea to Blaziken as the Blaze ability he has in Pokemon. I also like the idea of giving Ike Wrath so at high damage, he could have more sweet spot (critical hit) chances. The idea of being better at high damage could have been applied to many different characters. It also looks like Sakurai again is choosing to focus more on Lucario then M2. I still think Mewtwo is in, but they are taking their good old time working on him.

I just want them to confirm Palutena already.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm pretty sure there is a character offscreen in front of Lucario that either threw some sort of item or ranged attack/projectile to trip him.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mewtwo is the number one most wanted character, they're holding that card close to their chest to really increase the hype nearer to release.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice

Now then Sakurai, just remember to bring back Mewtwo and keep Ike, and we'll be golden. Oh, and confirm Palutena and Shulk while you're at it.
:awesome:
Im really excited he's back in! :chuckle::psycho::rotfl:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm nervous of the fact that Lucario looks like a straight Brawl rip redone in HD.

Also I wonder if Pokemon trainer IS being redone? Why show Lucario (who was a secret character) before Pokemon trainer? Unless Pokemon trainer still needs work.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I'm nervous of the fact that Lucario looks like a straight Brawl rip redone in HD.

Also I wonder if Pokemon trainer IS being redone? Why show Lucario (who was a secret character) before Pokemon trainer? Unless Pokemon trainer still needs work.
"We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with."
Not a straight rip.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i wonder how everyone feels knowing goku got in.....(its a smart joke guys its okay if you dont understand)

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
"We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with."
Not a straight rip.
The actual model not the effects or visuals of his moves. I'd agree with swordbreaker. It does look like an HD rip of Lucario's Brawl model. Notice how bad the hair looks on his chest.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Lucario was one of those characters even I thought wasn't going to be back. It's kind of funny in a way it seems like everytime we are put into an assumption that something may or may not happen, the rug gets pulled out from under us again.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't understand why people say Lucario's new fur looks bad? It's smoother and more cartoony, but pokémon X and Y are cartoony and cel-shaded, SSB4 is more cartoony with more colour pop. Honestly I thought his chest and fuzzy face looked pretty silly in Brawl.

Moreover, even if you prefered the Brawl textures you have to consider his likely new final smash, Mega-Lucario, and how much more fur he gains as a result. Mega-Lucario in his brawl style give Mega-Amphoros hair jealousy.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
The actual model not the effects or visuals of his moves. I'd agree with swordbreaker. It does look like an HD rip of Lucario's Brawl model. Notice how bad the hair looks on his chest.
His black mask things looks textured different if that helps :) I dont think they would be that lazy cause then I'd want more characters

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I rather surprised there hasn't been any Pikmin reps in the leaks. The only reason I'd anticipate such a thing is because Olimar doesn't have the Rock and Winged Pikmin.

Then again, that just means it's more likely to happen since Sakurai loves to do the unexpected. :troll:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I rather surprised there hasn't been any Pikmin reps in the leaks. The only reason I'd anticipate such a thing is because Olimar doesn't have the Rock and Winged Pikmin.

Then again, that just means it's more likely to happen since Sakurai loves to do the unexpected. :troll:
Yeah, I thought about that too. Would be cool if Alph be a Secret Char on Smash, with only rocky and wing pikmin and a gameplay more "normal" or at least different than Olimar.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yeah, I thought about that too. Would be cool if Alph be a Secret Char on Smash, with only rocky and wing pikmin and a gameplay more "normal" or at least different than Olimar.
But are just two types of Pikmin enough? Winged Pikmin would be obvious recovery assistants, and Rocks heavy hitters, but that's about it. Sakurai has worked with less before though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Does Lucario making the game eliminate some of these rumors that proposed a cut?
I didn't consider Lucario one of the most likely cuts. Unless the leak explicitly states Lucario would be cut, then id say its still somewhat valid.

Personally, I think the ones potentially on the chopping block are Snake, due to third party status, Pokemon Trainer, due to development time, and Lucas, to a lesser extent due to Mother being over and is a fairly small series.

Of course, I have been wrong before.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Actually, most of the rumors claimed that Lucario and Mewtwo would coexist. One thing that will surely take down a number of other "leaks," however, is that Lucario's regular Down Special was shown in one of those screenshots, thus disconfirming a Special swapping him to his Mega form.

Also, it's been a pretty consistent trend that we've gotten floods of false leaks after each character reveal, so batten down the hatches and prepare for the people who will claim to have seen this reveal coming.

Pretty sure that's the beginning animation for Double Team.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
i wonder how everyone feels knowing goku got in.....(its a smart joke guys its okay if you dont understand)
Actually took me a minute to get that. Haha xD
Oh Sean Schemmel...

Sakurai, you master troll. Everyone expected Shulk, Palutena or Ice Climbers, you reveal Lucario. You truly are an insidious man :p

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I'm pretty sure there is a character offscreen in front of Lucario that either threw some sort of item or ranged attack/projectile to trip him.
Could be, but I think they probably use some kind of debug menu to create the pics of the day.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Sad to think that when Brawl was first revealed, it had the same number of newcomers as we do now with Smash 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom