• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So we gain 12 newcomers for the price of 7, that seems a bit steep even considering that may not be everyone on the roster. Expected or not, I can't see all of them getting the boot like that.

Shroob

Sup?
I really dislike that rumor all in all however. 7 cuts is just.... more than the transition from Melee to Brawl.

andimidna

Smash Master
I really dislike that rumor all in all however. 7 cuts is just.... more than the transition from Melee to Brawl.
Plus, if they were decided cuts already. That's much larger than Melee. The only ones intentionally cut were Pichu and Young Link. Which are arguably the worst characters ever added. Link and Young Link are the same person. Link was a clone of himself. Weird. And Pichu hurt himself, a bottom tier version of Pikachu. There is nobody like that this time around.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
What's up boys, any new leaks that aren't total crap?
My freinds dad works for nintendo he told me david hasselhoff is a playable character his fianl smahs is destroying the berlin wall.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Again, those pictures are the first ones to pop up in this thread and have been debunked already. Stop bringing them back!

andimidna

Smash Master
Fake that is the picture of Mario's hands in the sky on the arena you can even see one of his hands in that picture
You're right. I didn't look at the background image. Anyways, I saw a fan use that image months ago, and I think it was theirs. But I'm not sure. I also don't get why it would be posted to Miiverse already, in French, and talking about a worldwide X and Y. Did that already happen? If not... when will it?
Also, doesn't really fit the artstyle of the game.
We all know it's fake. Why do people bother faking Ness and Jiggles, two of the most obvious returns? Why not leak characters like Palutena, Mewtwo, and Pac Man... oh wait.

Every time there is a leak that everyone knows is fake, there is a small part of me that thinks it's going to end up being the real deal. I remember everyone laughing at Brawls leak. "ROB? Who wants to play as ROB? And where's Mewtwo? No way they're cutting Mewtwo. At least try to make it real looking."

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Since we have decided to hang out in here, making it ridiculous to navigate, has any interesting / worth looking at rumors come up?

Also, any Palutena update?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I don't see any way aside from one of the newcomers getting revealed as an Assist Trophy. Likely Jill Dozer reprising her role as one.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Injustice did not have unlock able characters, and i have been play that since launch pretty constantly to this day, unlock able characters in 2014 are pointless just cause it was done in the past does not mean it needs to be done now
you can go the other way to, just because other fighters today don't have unlockables does not mean this game should not.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I remember member in here recently saying there going to make a jpn leak soon, this may be it

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So, it seems like Ike, Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Jigglypuff, R.O.B, and Pokemon Trainer are cut according to our friend Souta.
Did I miss anyone?
Yep, just like how everyone said Toon Link wasn't coming back. And let's not forget how some leaks claimed Lucario wasn't coming back because of Mewtwo. Oh, and hey lookie, Chrom's on the list. Because you know, everyone and their mother wants him in the game, so Sakurai is totally going to give Ike the Roy treatment because it's "tradition" right? Golly gee, maybe i should go on 4chan (or some other popular site) and make a rumor claiming that Chrom, K.Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo along with some other obvious veterans are going to be in Smash 4 and then people will have to believe me because these are characters people want and Sakurai wants them too, so it has to be true, right?!

Jokes aside, the only character i see in danger of being cut in this point is Snake. I think Ike and Lucas are safe and we're going to have to wait and see who's revealed later down the line.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Yep, just like how everyone said Toon Link wasn't coming back. And let's not forget how some leaks claimed Lucario wasn't coming back because of Mewtwo. Oh, and hey lookie, Chrom's on the list. Because you know, everyone and their mother wants him in the game, so Sakurai is totally going to give Ike the Roy treatment because it's "tradition" right? Golly gee, maybe i should go on 4chan (or some other popular site) and make a rumor claiming that Chrom, K.Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo along with some other obvious veterans are going to be in Smash 4 and then people will have to believe me because these are characters people want and Sakurai wants them too, so it has to be true, right?!

Jokes aside, the only character i see in danger of being cut in this point is Snake. I think Ike and Lucas are safe and we're going to have to wait and see who's revealed later down the line.
"Souta"? Is this another leak? I haven't heard this one. (I think the guy you quoted mentioned someone named souta)

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If there was ever actually 7 cuts and only 12 newcomers with those cuts I would castrate myself live on webcam for you guys

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Just updated Bkupa's original "Killable By" post

Someone mentioned a "Three Post Leak". Don't remember what that was.
We got rid of 3 leaks (Hanafuda, Basty, Sandbag). I'm doing this from my phone so I'll check later for any errors.
EDIT: 4 actually (Really Short Leak)
Here is the summary, essentially. Of what I call the ThreePostRoster Leak.

59 characters in the game, including transformations. 53 character slots on roster.

All Brawl characters are returning.

Zero Suit Samus will be selectable on the character select screen.

Jigglypuff's moveset tweaked to take advantage of new Fairy typing.

Snake remains Solid Snake (not turned into Naked Snake/Big Boss). David Hayter possibly reprising role, but not finalized. Will be revealed in an upcoming Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

Dr. Mario returns. Has some new moves with L-shaped pills. Dr. Luigi is an alt.

Roy returns. Still has his fire attacks.

Mewtwo returns.

Pichu returns. Retains self-damage mechanic. Decloned from Pikachu by giving him moves from later generations. Has an Electro Ball move. Final Smash is Volt Tackle, different mechanics from Pikachu's. Design is Spiky Eared Pichu from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Young Link returns. Design mixes Melee and Link Between Worlds. Has some differences from Toon Link and references to Majora's Mask. Final Smash is Fierce Deity Link. New Down+B transforms him into...

NEWCOMER: Drawing Link. 2D fighter like Mr. Game & Watch. Side B is Bomb. Uses items from Ravio's shop. Down+B transforms into Young Link. Final Smash is Lorule Triforce, which also turns him back into Young Link at the end.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina is removed. Can select individual Pokemon from portrait to disable switch on KO. Selecting PT's portrait keeps mechanic. Charizard's spot in PT has been replaced by...

NEWCOMER: Blaziken. Inherits Charizard's Rock Smash and Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish. New specials are Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick.

Charizard now a solo character with reworked moveset. Final Smash is transform into...

NEWCOMER: Mega Charizard X. Is a permanent transform until KO'd. Has added strength, uses Dragon type moves. Final Smash is Blast Burn.

NEWCOMER: K. Rool. Design based on concept created by Retro Studios.

NEWCOMER: Ridley. Unconvential playstyle, but Sakurai made him work.

NEWCOMER: Palutena. Model in leak is "similar" to character artwork.

NEWCOMER: Robin aka Avatar (Fire Emblem Awakening). Default is male with female as alt.

NEWCOMER: Little Mac

NEWCOMER: Mii. Default Miis are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie. Has 12 color slots. Can be assigned to different Miis or same Mii.

NEWCOMER: Pac-Man. Design mixes classic and modern designs. Stage is based on original arcade game.

NEWCOMER: Tabuu. Was originally a playable build of Goku created as a joke by the devs. Kept the playstyle, toning it down and decided to use a Smash original character.

Before the topic got deleted, he also said that Shulk was an Assist Trophy.

Shroob

Sup?

59 characters in the game, including transformations. 53 character slots on roster.

Snake remains Solid Snake (not turned into Naked Snake/Big Boss). David Hayter possibly reprising role, but not finalized. Will be revealed in an upcoming Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

Mewtwo returns.

Pichu returns. Retains self-damage mechanic. Decloned from Pikachu by giving him moves from later generations. Has an Electro Ball move. Final Smash is Volt Tackle, different mechanics from Pikachu's. Design is Spiky Eared Pichu from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Young Link returns. Design mixes Melee and Link Between Worlds. Has some differences from Toon Link and references to Majora's Mask. Final Smash is Fierce Deity Link. New Down+B transforms him into...

NEWCOMER: Drawing Link. 2D fighter like Mr. Game & Watch. Side B is Bomb. Uses items from Ravio's shop. Down+B transforms into Young Link. Final Smash is Lorule Triforce, which also turns him back into Young Link at the end.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina is removed. Can select individual Pokemon from portrait to disable switch on KO. Selecting PT's portrait keeps mechanic. Charizard's spot in PT has been replaced by...

NEWCOMER: Blaziken. Inherits Charizard's Rock Smash and Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish. New specials are Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick.

Charizard now a solo character with reworked moveset. Final Smash is transform into...

NEWCOMER: Mega Charizard X. Is a permanent transform until KO'd. Has added strength, uses Dragon type moves. Final Smash is Blast Burn.

NEWCOMER: Robin aka Avatar (Fire Emblem Awakening). Default is male with female as alt.

NEWCOMER: Mii. Default Miis are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie. Has 12 color slots. Can be assigned to different Miis or same Mii.

NEWCOMER: Pac-Man. Design mixes classic and modern designs. Stage is based on original arcade game.

NEWCOMER: Tabuu. Was originally a playable build of Goku created as a joke by the devs. Kept the playstyle, toning it down and decided to use a Smash original character.

That just seems like overkill.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That just seems like overkill.
Maybe so, but it hasn't been disproven yet. And Lucario's confirmation helps it out. I'd keep an eye on it, though it'll probably be debunked on our next character reveal.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Mewtwo returns.

....I'd actually love this for the most part.
All the veterans returning?
Selecting the PT's Pokemon to disable switching?
Selecting ZSS on the character screen?
Tabuu being playable?
Heck yeah. Wish it was real.

Main things I don't like are Blaziken taking Charizard's spot and making him his own fighter. (I'd prefer a Hoenn Trainer), and Shulk being an AT.

Kinda iffy on the Melee clones having revamped movesets. Not too fond of radical changes.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom