• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
You think every character will be revealed before launch? I don't understand that. Having no surprises in the game would leave many disappointed. It would be okay if we knew they were going to reveal everything, but we don't know that, so once we do know everything, it would be reasonable to assume there is more on the game itself. If there isn't, people will be disappointed.

Why would they set themselves up for disappoint like that? We had 4 nonveterans we weren't told about ahead of time (excluding leaks) with Brawl (Toon Link, Lucario, ROB, and Wolf). I think four is a good number, and it seems Sakurai thinks so to. I suspect we will have a similar amount of unknown newcommers this time around. And that's assuming only the true surprises aren't spoiled. There may well be some vets we don't hear about beforehand as well.

Also Sakurai's pace could easily change.

On a related note though, I do expect 9-11 new-commers though. 4 we already know + 1-3 reserved for reveals to keep hype up + 4 kept secret.
I guess I should completed my thought. I dont expect every character to be revealed, but at this rate there MIGHT be around 44 characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It was linked a bit earlier in the thread. It's here
It is terribly inaccurate with the smash 4 info, but the rest of it seems to be spot on.
Yeah. I doubt that Smash 4 information is correct. I expect some of those people to be playable and others wouldn't surprise me.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
It is terribly inaccurate with the smash 4 info, but the rest of it seems to be spot on.
Keep in mind that this article was written several weeks before E3. Nintendo could have changed what they were going to show in those few weeks before the event. I'd say that this rumor could be just about as accurate as Mac-Pac-Mii is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To humor the rumor I could see Tom Nook actually (not the likeliest, but a possibility) and the other three of course we've speculated a lot about, but Dark Pit really kills it for me as I don't think Sakurai would oversaturate the Kid Icarus characters that much. Having said that, due to the leaker saying there was some uncertainty there it's possible he mixed him up with a costume which would make sense considering WFT has an alternate costume herself.

Edit: Almost forgot Bayonetta, I can't say I agree with that inclusion either. She is appearing on the Wii U but in terms of a third party character she doesn't carry the clout of characters like Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. It's a rather unusual choice for a fourth Third Party character.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To humor the rumor I could see Tom Nook actually (not the likeliest, but a possibility) and the other three of course we've speculated a lot about, but Dark Pit really kills it for me as I don't think Sakurai would oversaturate the Kid Icarus characters that much. Having said that, due to the leaker saying there was some uncertainty there it's possible he mixed him up with a costume which would make sense considering WFT has an alternate costume herself.
It's also possible that the leaker was confused by Tom Nook in the Villager's trailer looking down at his invite.

Or that could simply be a set up for Nook's newcomer trailer. Nook could be really fun as a second Animal Crossing rep and the series certainly is popular enough now to deserve two reps.

But yeah Dark Pit seems like an odd choice.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
that article was released on may of last year. all of that has been predicted and there is still more to the article, that's what i was holy crapping my pants about.
Oh, I see. I don't remember if there were already announced before the time of that article, they are several of them wrong and some right but most of them feel like educated guesses.
For example: There will be a Galaxy game for WiiU ending the trilogy.
The new Metroid game will be made by Retro and Miyamoto.
You know they're possible but if correct it doesn't really mean that much.

Even though Bayonetta? Dark Pit? Tom Nook? Really?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
To Humor the Rumor. Hehe. I found that to be funnier than I should have.

Anyways, I'd be interested in seeing Nook playable. Like the Villager, he would use objects for most of his attacks. Only, he would use furniture. ^^ And Bells.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess I should completed my thought. I dont expect every character to be revealed, but at this rate there MIGHT be around 44 characters.
44 characters total? Or 44 characters on the starting roster?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Combining this with the "leaky 3," the Palutena Leak, and the Tom-Tak-DPit-Bayon rumor:

The line up is certainly very interesting, I would totally be satisfied with it.
What if these were the final newcomers?

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Rumour said:
The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer. It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics.
I've played Super Mario 3D World, and it was neither a "full open world platformer" nor did it utilise the touch screen, unless you count exposing hidden coins and grabbing enemies as "intensive use".

TropicThunder21

Smash Rookie
I actually think that Dark Pit has a decent shot after looking at some of Sakurai's old twitter posts.

I know he says it isn't related to Smash Bros, but it still makes you wonder.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I actually think that Dark Pit has a decent shot after looking at some of Sakurai's old twitter posts.

Sakurai has said that he hates it when people read too much into his tweets, so don't take this as any kind of evidence. He's fine as a costume, just like Dark Link.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Yeah but most people will assume he'll be a palette swap to immediately assume this doesn't make Dark Pit playable, when there's more that can be fleshed into the dark angel with his named Dark Pit Staff. Most people here think the Monado tweet shows some sign, but not Dark Pit's. :smirk:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Combining this with the "leaky 3," the Palutena Leak, and the Tom-Tak-DPit-Bayon rumor:

The line up is certainly very interesting, I would totally be satisfied with it.
Something feels off....about it. It just doesn't even look ''right."

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

No Ridley or King K. Rool? I certainly hope that's not the case for the sake of these boards. That said, though, it has Pac-Man, Palutena, Takamaru, and Tom Nook for me to look forward to if this is real...so I'd be pretty happy with it, honestly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

There would be hell and blood on the Internet. The floodgates of butthurt tears would open, awashing everything with no end seemingly in sight.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Again as I said previously, the things it has guessed are things like: There is a new DK game coming, there is a new Mario game coming. And all of the details it has given have been wrong...

For example:

"The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer. It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics."

Mario 3D World does not use Galaxy mechanics (except for the Luma stunning enemies/picking up object mechanics), is NOT open world (all of its stages are linear and the stages are progressed through linearly and they are picked at a map screen) and it DOES NOT make intensive use of the touch screen. Apart from 2-4 worlds which use it for opening doors or protuding platforms (Hands-On Hall for example) out of about 80 worlds the game does not use the touch screen at all in the rest of the stages (except for the Luma-like mechanics)...

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Ok so if you combine this rumor with Mac-Pac-Mii, assuming that there aren't any cuts (which in the end there probably will be) and that Dark Pit was an Alt costume of Pit. This is what the roster will look like:

I'm totally ok with this.

Attachments

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok so if you combine this rumor with Mac-Pac-Mii, assuming that there aren't any cuts (which in the end there probably will be) and that Dark Pit was an Alt costume of Pit. This is what the roster will look like:

I'm totally ok with this.
Eh...No Mewtwo, K. Rool, or Ridley? If that's legit, I do not want to be around when the final roster is revealed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That tabuu rumor sounds amazing. I'll watch it for now though. Also i wouldn't put it past sakurai to mess with fans and have 4 links and 4 FE characters.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Eh...No Mewtwo, K. Rool, or Ridley? If that's legit, I do not want to be around when the final roster is revealed.
Like I said thats assuming theres no cuts. I could see a few cuts + Ridley/Mewtwo to make at least some people happy. I've lost all hope waiting for K.Rool at this point.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Again as I said previously, the things it has guessed are things like: There is a new DK game coming, there is a new Mario game coming. And all of the details it has given have been wrong...

For example:

"The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer. It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics."

Mario 3D World does not use Galaxy mechanics (except for the Luma stunning enemies/picking up object mechanics), is NOT open world (all of its stages are linear and the stages are progressed through linearly and they are picked at a map screen) and it DOES NOT make intensive use of the touch screen. Apart from 2-4 worlds which use it for opening doors or protuding platforms (Hands-On Hall for example) out of about 80 worlds the game does not use the touch screen at all in the rest of the stages (except for the Luma-like mechanics)...
Leaks aren't always 100% accurate you know
3d world does borrow mechanics from Galaxy and Galaxy 2, along with the spin attack on Rosalina and a world that's basically a homage to the series. The map that the game takes place on can be walked around freely, so that could be interpreted as "open world" by someone who hasn't played or has barely seen the game, And the exact quote is "It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." Key word: Some, these game mechanics appeared in the levels you mentioned, and required intensive use of the touch screen, did they not?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Did Wonder red just turn super saiyan in your signature?
No, the closest thing to that would be Unlimited Form, where the varies members of the Wonderful 100 power up and gain improved Unite Energy, but according to dialogue if abused it can backfire and cause an explosion with teratons of force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom