• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ok, I have a very good source and he has leaked me the roster, this will be the final roster:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Baby Peach
Baby Mario
Dr. Mario
Daisy

DK series

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong + Dixie Kong Combo

Metroid Series:
Samus (Zamus is cut)

Star Fox Series:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Peppy Hare
Leon Powlaski

Legend of Zelda

Link
Toon Link
Classic Link
CDi Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganon (from Zelda 1)

Kirby:

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Keeby

Pokémon:

Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pikachu
Pichu
Raichu

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Chrom (clone of Marth)
Lyn (clone of Marth)

Other Nintendo:

Pit
Dark Pit
Mrs. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pikmin (play as one)
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Mii with sword
ROB
NES Controller (yes it is a surprise character, very fun)

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Goku (from anime)
Batman (surprise character)

Sakurai has a lot of surprises coming up. This roster was from a my uncle who works for the Japanese consulate in Seattle and interacts with Nintendo when they come overseas. My brother also works for Nintendo in Japan.
Please, stop......

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eyeroll.

I have some knowledge about the next Super Smash Bros. game that I would like to share. An acquaintance of mine has some connections in Japan, and reluctantly divulged some information about the game. He also gave me some insight on the series's future.
- Some lower priority characters (Jigglypuff, Little Mac, Snake, and R.O.B.) haven't been worked on yet and are likely not to appear.
- Fire Emblem doesn't have any new representatives because Sakura didn't think Chrom or Lucina would work. Roy was almost brought back, but ended up being dropped.
- Ike will return. He was recently finished and was the last character Sakura finished before putting everyone else on hold (if there is time at the end of development before release work will begin on them). His design is closer to his Fire Emblem: Awakening design, and his sword is now a creamy white instead of the previous gold color.
- The remaining members of the original twelve will return. Ness is becoming less and less important to Sakura with each passing installment, but he wouldn't dare cut off half of Mother's representation.
- Pokemon Trainer returns for one reason alone: convenience. The team just imported Brawl's version of the characters and touched up the models. Generation six starters were considered to replace the original three, but it was easier just to keep the same characters.
- Mewtwo returns, as planned. They haven't really changed his attacks much, and is reportedly not buffed much since melee.
- Lucario was a high priority and is likely to continue in every game forward.
- Lucas, Wario, Diddy Kong, Faclo, Wolf, Ganondorf, The Climbers, Game & Watch, Meta Knight, Shiek (in moveset), and Zero Suit Samus (now easier to access in-game) are back.
- Several newcomers were proposed but ultimately cut: Hades, Toad (replaced by Rosalina and inserted back into Peach's moveset), Pac-Man, and Charizard by himself.
- Newcomers Ridley, Dixie Kong, Palutena, Shulk, Takamaru, and a secret character kept up high are the unnanounced newcomers.
- The Wii U gets a Mario Kart stage, a Kirby's Yarn stage, and an F-Zero stage, among others.
- The 3DS gets a Pokemon Staduim stage and a Star Fox 64 stage, among others.
- Scrapped characters Roy and Dr. Mario are now Assist trophies.
- The fifth game is already being worked on by Nintendo EAD, until Smash 4 finished development. They want it out for the next Nintendo console at launch.
- There will be a system bundle for the Wii U with SSB4 included.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
can we get around to infracting obviously 'le fake :troll:' 'I know sakurai's cat he told me the rooster' leaks? There was talks about that a while ago but nothing seems to have happened.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Huh, surprised how quiet GameFAQs is. Normally a handful of "leaks" would appear when a character gets revealed. Has GameFAQs actually turn sane (what the hell am I saying)?

Shroob

Sup?
Eyeroll.

I have some knowledge about the next Super Smash Bros. game that I would like to share. An acquaintance of mine has some connections in Japan, and reluctantly divulged some information about the game. He also gave me some insight on the series's future.
- Some lower priority characters (Jigglypuff, Little Mac, Snake, and R.O.B.) haven't been worked on yet and are likely not to appear.
- Fire Emblem doesn't have any new representatives because Sakura didn't think Chrom or Lucina would work. Roy was almost brought back, but ended up being dropped.
- Ike will return. He was recently finished and was the last character Sakura finished before putting everyone else on hold (if there is time at the end of development before release work will begin on them). His design is closer to his Fire Emblem: Awakening design, and his sword is now a creamy white instead of the previous gold color.
- The remaining members of the original twelve will return. Ness is becoming less and less important to Sakura with each passing installment, but he wouldn't dare cut off half of Mother's representation.
- Pokemon Trainer returns for one reason alone: convenience. The team just imported Brawl's version of the characters and touched up the models. Generation six starters were considered to replace the original three, but it was easier just to keep the same characters.
- Mewtwo returns, as planned. They haven't really changed his attacks much, and is reportedly not buffed much since melee.
- Lucas, Wario, Diddy Kong, Faclo, Wolf, Ganondorf, The Climbers, Game & Watch, Meta Knight, Shiek (in moveset), and Zero Suit Samus (now easier to access in-game) are back.
- Several newcomers were proposed but ultimately cut: Hades, Toad (replaced by Rosalina and inserted back into Peach's moveset), Pac-Man, and Charizard by himself.
- Newcomers Ridley, Dixie Kong, Palutena, Shulk, Takamaru, and a secret character kept up high are the unnanounced newcomers.
- The Wii U gets a Mario Kart stage, a Kirby's Yarn stage, and an F-Zero stage, among others.
- The fifth game is already being worked on by Nintendo EAD, until Smash 4 finished development. They want it out for the next Nintendo console at launch.
Smells fake tbh.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Eyeroll.

I stopped at the first point. Snake is either in or out since he's third party. No questions. Fake.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok, I have a very good source and he has leaked me the roster, this will be the final roster:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Baby Peach
Baby Mario
Dr. Mario
Daisy

DK series

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong + Dixie Kong Combo

Metroid Series:
Samus (Zamus is cut)

Star Fox Series:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Peppy Hare
Leon Powlaski

Legend of Zelda

Link
Toon Link
Classic Link
CDi Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganon (from Zelda 1)

Kirby:

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Keeby

Pokémon:

Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pikachu
Pichu
Raichu

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Chrom (clone of Marth)
Lyn (clone of Marth)

Other Nintendo:

Pit
Dark Pit
Mrs. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pikmin (play as one)
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Mii with sword
ROB
NES Controller (yes it is a surprise character, very fun)

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Goku (from anime)
Batman (surprise character)

Sakurai has a lot of surprises coming up. This roster was from a my uncle who works for the Japanese consulate in Seattle and interacts with Nintendo when they come overseas. My brother also works for Nintendo in Japan.
You should have at least tried to make it believable.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Eyeroll.

Stop while youre ahead, please....

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Eyeroll.

A system bundle sounds nice. A Star Fox 64 stage, though? Waa?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Eyeroll.

:glare:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eyeroll.

Pathetic.

Dr. Mario is an assist trophy? Really?
Plans for Smash 5 are already on?
Even Sakurai's name has been misspelled. lol

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter if rumors are detailed or not. Anyone can make a leak and make it seem believable.

If my troll leak doesn't further this point, I don't know what will.

(Yes, I had another reason besides my own pleasure for making this "leak".)
Which is why we need to approach all leaks with caution.

I'm not saying that the Pokemon leak was 100% believable, but I'm much more inclined to invest in a rumour that at least attempts to explain a few things, without dropping a bombshell like this:
Rumour said:
It will also create loads of drama like Sega’s exclusivity deal did.
and leaving it at that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Eyeroll.

The newcomers are too safe to be true. :p
And this has Pac-Man removed, which I call bull****...

Shroob

Sup?
>7 cuts
>Toon Link and Lucario are back unscathed.

If this doesn't prove it false right away, I don't know what will.
The problem is plays it ridiculously safe. It cuts Lucas, R.O.B., Wolf, Ike, PKMN Trainer, Jigglypuff and Snake and adds in Mewtwo, Charizard as a standalone fighter, Dixie, Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, Shulk and Ridley. It also throws in a wtf at Jill Dozer.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
I'm calling fake due to Jigglypuff being cut. Sakurai has never cut a member of the original 12. Sure that could change, but i honestly don't believe it will.

D

Deleted member

The fact it could happen means that something isn't automatically fake because of Jigglypuff being cut.

That being said, it's another typical Gamefaqs "leak". Nothing of value to see.

Shroob

Sup?
The fact it could happen means that something isn't automatically fake because of Jigglypuff being cut.

That being said, it's another typical Gamefaqs "leak". Nothing of value to see.
I'd say it's a little more than just a typical leak, since they actually put effort in spelling their Japanese names correctly in Japanese characters, but that could be true.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think cutting PT is playing safe.

Overall, he slashed half of Brawl's Pokémon cast, and brought down the number of playable pokémon from 6 to 4. A rather unlikely scenario, if I do say so myself.

D

Deleted member

I'd say it's a little more than just a typical leak, since they actually put effort in spelling their Japanese names correctly in Japanese characters, but that could be true.
Are we talking the same leak?

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think cutting PT is playing safe.

Overall, he slashed half of Brawl's Pokémon cast, and brought down the number of playable pokémon from 6 to 4. A rather unlikely scenario, if I do say so myself.
Not necessarily, most advocates of cutting Pokemon Trainer want Charizard to replace him, as he represents everything Charizard represents minus the trainer aspect. Again, most that actually speculate for a Pokemon Trainer cut expect Mewtwo to return. Thus, Pokemon would actually have 5 playable characters, and I doubt anyone would be entirely opposed to getting another Pokemon Newcomer like Meowth or possibly Zoroark (maybe even Blaziken). It is just that many do not even enjoy the convoluted mechanics attached to the character in the first place. So you are not only removing 2 characters, but you are also removing a few detrimental mechanics.

If they were to fix Pokemon Trainer, I wouldn't even advocate his omission. Although, again, if Wolf and Ike are cut, and Pokemon Trainer returns, you are disappointing 2 fan-bases by removing 2 different play-styles, and two important characters from the franchise. So if Pokemon Trainer returns, even with his mechanics tweaked, he is going to be one of the more difficult to develop characters. I would prefer 2 pseudo-clones to one Pokemon Trainer, that might just be me though. My mentality has always been... if I want to play Pokemon Trainer, I can play Brawl.

D

Deleted member

While more effort was made for that 4chan "leak", still not something to believe. There have been fake leaks of that effort level before.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While more effort was made for that 4chan "leak", still not something to believe. There have been fake leaks of that effort level before.
You mean the Palutena leak?
I just don't think that Palutena is a character worthy of a fake leak of that quality.
Mewtwo or Ridley, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom