• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Combining this with the "leaky 3," the Palutena Leak, and the Tom-Tak-DPit-Bayon rumor:

The line up is certainly very interesting, I would totally be satisfied with it.
What if these were the final newcomers?
It's varied, yet at the same time overall lacking. Just doesn't sit well for me.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Are any of you actually considering that rumour? It's a bunch of vague names, dates and descriptions with games any mook could guess! Kirby 3DS in the works, Mario Kart at E3? I could have told you that!

Not to mention there are several things the "leaker" was wrong about.

Rumour said:
About 3DS, there will be no big surprises for the rest of the year. Nintendo will publish some little games, niche series and forgotten IPs directly at eShop, similar to how they published Mario Vs Donkey Kong. There will also be a 3DS Japan only Nintendo Direct presenting some games for the Japanese market, like Daigasso Band Brothers, a Skip game and a Monolith title.
Rumour said:
There will be other games–smaller ones. Nintendo is working in a new IP of a genre it has not much experience with. Not much was disclosed besides that.
Rumour said:
Third parties will not change too much on their terms with Nintendo, although there will be a few important multiplatform games that will be at Nintendo consoles too. One of them will be a really important third party IP that will turn exclusive to Nintendo in a similar way of Bayonetta 2 did. It will also create loads of drama like Sega’s exclusivity deal did. The source has not disclosed if this IP is coming from the Sega X Nintendo deal or not.
Convenient that the source doesn't say anything concrete about the juicy stuff, just more vague crap.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why does everyone pretend anything remotely popular will be ignored in favor of hated schlock?
That's because people here a blinded by pessimism. So they don't want to get their hopes up. Which I think is overreacting. I mean c'mon, we got Mega Man, that should show us that Sakurai knows who we want.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Combining this with the "leaky 3," the Palutena Leak, and the Tom-Tak-DPit-Bayon rumor:

The line up is certainly very interesting, I would totally be satisfied with it.
What if these were the final newcomers?
That list would feel very lacking, there's an overfavoritism towards Kid Icarus and Bayonetta like I've said before doesn't really stand out as a Third Party compared to the other four.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Found a new leak from an anonymous source. I had found it a few days ago, but my Internet messed up and forgot to post it when it came back, but, better late than never, right?

This is what the leaker said:
- There will be around 45 characters.
- Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising will be a boss in the new single player mode, as will other bosses such as Kraid or Porky.
- Ike returns and has blue flame effects on his attacks. He also has the look from Radiant Dawn.
- Shulk, Takamaru and Palutena are some of the newcomers in the game.
- Items can still be turned on and off individually, but you need to unlock this feature by playing 100 Vs. matches.
- Sheik and Zero Suit Samus return as Zelda's Down Special and as part of Samus' Final Smash, respectively. The transformation time is almost instantaneous.
- Falco and Wolf no longer have the Landmaster as their Final Smashes: Falco uses a sort of rocket launcher, while Wolf pilots a Wolfen.
- Articuno, Hawlucha, Magikarp and Chandelure are Poké Ball summons.
- Karate Joe (from Rhythm Heaven), Magnus (from Kid Icarus: Uprising), Waluigi and Meta Ridley appear as Assist Trophies.
- Enemies in the new single player mode include Goombas, Bokoblins (their appearance is from Zelda: Skyward Sword) and Risen (the zombies from Fire Emblem: Awakening).

Shroob

Sup?
Found a new leak from an anonymous source. I had found it a few days ago, but my Internet messed up and forgot to post it when it came back, but, better late than never, right?

There will be around 45 characters.
Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising will be a boss in the new single player mode, as will other bosses such as Kraid or Porky.
Ike returns and has blue flame effects on his attacks. He also has the look from Radiant Dawn.
Shulk, Takamaru and Palutena are some of the newcomers in the game.
Items can still be turned on and off individually, but you need to unlock this feature by playing 100 Vs. matches.
Sheik and Zero Suit Samus return as Zelda's Down Special and as part of Samus' Final Smash, respectively. The transformation time is almost instantaneous.
Falco and Wolf no longer have the Landmaster as their Final Smashes: Falco uses a sort of rocket launcher, while Wolf pilots a Wolfen.
Articuno, Hawlucha, Magikarp and Chandelure are Poké Ball summons.
Karate Joe (from Rhythm Heaven), Magnus (from Kid Icarus: Uprising), Waluigi and Meta Ridley appear as Assist Trophies.
Enemies in the new single player mode include Goombas, Bokoblins (their appearance is from Zelda: Skyward Sword) and Risen (the zombies from Fire Emblem: Awakening).
Now this is actually a neat rumor, especially since that means potential Hades dialogue directed to every character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Where did you find that rumor? It's instinctual for me at this point to assume that any leak copied over from an "unknown location" was made by the poster him or herself.

Anyhow, that's an interesting rumor, especially considering it's not just "Hey guys, here's the final roster LOL toodles!" I can't help but think that, if it's fake, the maker threw in that bit about items just to screw with those who don't play with them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

- Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising will be a boss in the new single player mode, as will other bosses such as Kraid or Porky.
- Ike returns and has blue flame effects on his attacks. He also has the look from Radiant Dawn.
- Items can still be turned on and off individually, but you need to unlock this feature by playing 100 Vs. matches.
- Sheik and Zero Suit Samus return as Zelda's Down Special and as part of Samus' Final Smash, respectively. The transformation time is almost instantaneous.
- Falco and Wolf no longer have the Landmaster as their Final Smashes: Falco uses a sort of rocket launcher, while Wolf pilots a Wolfen.
- Karate Joe (from Rhythm Heaven), Magnus (from Kid Icarus: Uprising), Waluigi and Meta Ridley appear as Assist Trophies.
- Enemies in the new single player mode include Goombas, Bokoblins (their appearance is from Zelda: Skyward Sword) and Risen (the zombies from Fire Emblem: Awakening).
Well, this is the first rumor that actually felt like mentioning Poke Ball summons. So it should be worth looking into. They gave some interesting details about Ike too. So let's see if they didn't pull this right out of their ass this time.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Items can still be turned on and off individually, but you need to unlock this feature by playing 100 Vs. matches.
I will give the other points some credit, but this one in particular seems rather random in comparison to the others. There's no need to put it off even for a short amount of time and it goes against what's been done in previous games. I don't think Sakurai would remove that feature even if temporarily, so that feels rather pointless.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

I actually approve of this leak. Not saying I think it's real, just like the sound of it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Why do I have a distinct feeling that you are this anonymous source?

D

Deleted member

Keep in mind that this article was written several weeks before E3. Nintendo could have changed what they were going to show in those few weeks before the event. I'd say that this rumor could be just about as accurate as Mac-Pac-Mii is.
Bull****.
There were plenty of "trailer information" leaks prior to E3 that were all completely wrong. This one is no exception.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But Meta-Ridley over his normal version, seems like a strange change. I mean what's the point? He's supposed to be an Assist if this leak is to be believed. So why no go for the less detailed looking version of the character? Not unless if Normal Ridley was playable. But it wouldn't make much sense to have one version be playable while the other is an Assist. Still an interesting leak, but I'm not going to start blindingly believing it. Just glad this one actually put an iota of thought into it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why do I have a distinct feeling that you are this anonymous source?
Well...

:troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Well...

That is clever.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well...

Ha ha ha. I'm going to tell you one thing right now. Change your user name to Lex Luthor. Just do it, man.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It seems like more than half the rumors on here are from users on here :/ It's not like there aren't enough rumors going around without trying to spread more, guys.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This rumour does have info on a lot of different things instead of focusing almost exclusively on the roster, so that makes it somewhat more believable than an average run-of-the-mill rumour. Would be nice if it were true.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well...

That was well done, you got most of us believing it and it actually seemed plausible on first look. Well played good sir!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Leaks aren't always 100% accurate you know
3d world does borrow mechanics from Galaxy and Galaxy 2, along with the spin attack on Rosalina and a world that's basically a homage to the series. The map that the game takes place on can be walked around freely, so that could be interpreted as "open world" by someone who hasn't played or has barely seen the game, And the exact quote is "It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." Key word: Some, these game mechanics appeared in the levels you mentioned, and required intensive use of the touch screen, did they not?
Having one character that has an ability of the game that is acquired after 90% of the game is complete is not equal to "borrow mechanics from Galaxy". Galaxy 1 and 2 has stages which were EXACTLY copy pasted from Mario 64, so I could say they are the same game? I know I am exaggerating but that's sort of what your argument sounds like. There are no mechanics from Galaxy except for the Luma mechanics which are not even needed as I discovered they were even there when I was already about 90%+ done.

That cannot be interpreted as open world. He literally said " will not be like Galaxy in that it will be open world", Galaxy, altough also linear, is more "open-worldish" than 3D World is. The term open world means not linear or sandbox in the gaming industry. If he can screw up such a popular and global term what makes you think he knows anything about gaming?

He said the game would use intensive use of touch controls. In my opinion less than 5-10% of the game does not equal to intensive use.

You are trying too hard to justify someone that guessed things that everyone could have guessed. He just put them in writting. Everyone knew a new Mario and DK game was coming, its all in the details, which he got wrong, all of them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This rumour does have info on a lot of different things instead of focusing almost exclusively on the roster, so that makes it somewhat more believable than an average run-of-the-mill rumour. Would be nice if it were true.
Are you sure?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well...

Meta Ridley as an AT, but no mention of normal Ridley as a newcomer.

Oh you.

I'd like if this was real, too.

----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, this was funny. Especially the part where people believed it.

As if it wasn't obvious by now, yes, I did make up the whole thing.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Leaks aren't always 100% accurate you know
3d world does borrow mechanics from Galaxy and Galaxy 2, along with the spin attack on Rosalina and a world that's basically a homage to the series. The map that the game takes place on can be walked around freely, so that could be interpreted as "open world" by someone who hasn't played or has barely seen the game, And the exact quote is "It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." Key word: Some, these game mechanics appeared in the levels you mentioned, and required intensive use of the touch screen, did they not?
I'll give you that some rumours aren't always accurate, but at least that rumour actually gave in-depth information and descriptions.

Rumour said:
The next 3D Mario game for Wii U won’t be a Galaxy game, but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer.
The quote about Galaxy states that parts of said game were taken to make 3D World a "full open world platformer", so Rosalina has nothing to do with it. Surely one wouldn't come to that conclusion from merely observing an obvious map?

How many other levels utilise the touch creen other than Hands-On Hall? I don't believe opening doors in a level is a good explanation for the quote.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It doesn't matter if rumors are detailed or not. Anyone can make a leak and make it seem believable.

If my troll leak doesn't further this point, I don't know what will.

(Yes, I had another reason besides my own pleasure for making this "leak".)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ok, I have a very good source and he has leaked me the roster, this will be the final roster:

Mario/Yoshi/Wario series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Baby Peach
Baby Mario
Dr. Mario
Daisy

DK series

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong + Dixie Kong Combo

Metroid Series:
Samus (Zamus is cut)

Star Fox Series:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Peppy Hare
Leon Powlaski

Legend of Zelda

Link
Toon Link
Classic Link
CDi Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganon (from Zelda 1)

Kirby:

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Keeby

Pokémon:

Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pikachu
Pichu
Raichu

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Chrom (clone of Marth)
Lyn (clone of Marth)

Other Nintendo:

Pit
Dark Pit
Mrs. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pikmin (play as one)
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Mii with sword
ROB
NES Controller (yes it is a surprise character, very fun)

Third Party:

Sonic
Megaman
Goku (from anime)
Batman (surprise character)

Sakurai has a lot of surprises coming up. This roster was from a my uncle who works for the Japanese consulate in Seattle and interacts with Nintendo when they come overseas. My brother also works for Nintendo in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom