• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
4chan leak is fake. List of already known characters plus list of characters in leak equals 41 if I did my math correctly- and I always do my math correctly.

Also cookie to who ever gets the reference.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Found the source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Keep in mind that this was all posted before E3, and some of their predictions were accurate, while others were not.

Their source claims that Tom Nook, Little Mac, Palutena, and Takamaru are in the game. He/she also claims Dark Pit is in, but they're not sure if it's a transformation. I really hope it's only a palette swap.

The source also claims that the next third-party character is Bayonetta. Sakurai has stated that only special cases would warrant a third-party character to make it into the game, and while Bayonetta's sequel is Wii U exclusive, she does not represent a Nintendo all-star to me.
I had actually posted that leak earlier. My argument about that is that yes, plans change, and they change quickly (look how quickly Watch Dogs and DKC Tropical Freeze became 2014 titles). The 3rd Nintendo Exclusive Sonic title did NOT come out in 2013 as planned, I'd wager because either the plan was scrapped or converted into something else or whatever. Plan changed basically. E3 Came and went and the Smash information didn't come as foretold and I went "eh, whatever. Another bogus leak" then when Sonic was announced they referred and even linked back to it and I was like "you'd have to be a fool to get me to believe an E3 leak AFTER E3!" Then sure enough we started seeing 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Bros game and Kirby 3DS and I was like "You don't predict Daigasso Band Bros and not know something".

I'm sticking with it. And yes, I still kinda sorta believe Bayonetta love it or hate it is in this game somehow. Sakurai HAS been emailing Kamiya AND there's still Sakurai's mysterious visit to Platinum Games.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It was linked a bit earlier in the thread. It's here
It is terribly inaccurate with the smash 4 info, but the rest of it seems to be spot on.
Also, let me point out some other mistakes:

"It’s unknown who is developing this game, but the same source claims Retro Studios is working on two games at the moment. One of them will be huge; it will in, fact be revealed in a Nintendo Direct event after E3, but it won’t be released until late 2014, as it will be Nintendo’s big bet for the year along with Smash Bros. It’s a shooting game, from an already known IP. In this game, you will be able to scan scenery with the Wii U Gamepad and use the Wii U Gamepad Touch Screen to control your spaceship. The game is looking really good graphically–one of the most advanced graphics you’re going to see on Wii U. The other game is said to be a smaller game, similar to what Donkey Kong Country Returns was. Might this one be Metroid 3DS?"

Was wrong, no Retro FPS was shown at E3.

"There will be a teaser for Bayonetta 2 at the E3 too, and a Yoshi’s Island 3 teaser. They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. "

Both were playable at E3, since I played both. They had several levels playable, something someone with so much information should have known. (Since he knew next years announcements and he claimed to know what was going to be shown on the floor at E3).

"About 3DS, there will be no big surprises for the rest of the year. Nintendo will publish some little games, niche series and forgotten IPs directly at eShop, similar to how they published Mario Vs Donkey Kong. There will also be a 3DS Japan only Nintendo Direct presenting some games for the Japanese market, like Daigasso Band Brothers, a Skip game and a Monolith title."

I don't know about the Monolith title, but Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was a big title released last year

And let's not forget everything he said about Smash Brothers was wrong....

So, what exactly makes this guy believable apart from knowing there would be a new Mario Wii U (which he got all of the details wrong), new Donkey Kong Wii U (which he didn't even name, he just said Retro is working on some game, which turned out to be Donkey Kong) and Kirby 3DS? (Everyone could have guessed the first 2 and the third isn't that far out there).

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
How 2 make a one-hundread% accurate rumor :troll::
-Cut characters where it doesn't make sense
-Have either too little or too many newcomers
-Spell a bunch of things wrong
-Claim you know when Nintendo Directs are and what will be on them
-Completely ignore franchises
-Dr. Mario is a Costume
-Cutting Snake
-All text rumors
-Absolutely no images, or all images

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

"It’s unknown who is developing this game, but the same source claims Retro Studios is working on two games at the moment. One of them will be huge; it will in, fact be revealed in a Nintendo Direct event after E3, but it won’t be released until late 2014, as it will be Nintendo’s big bet for the year along with Smash Bros. It’s a shooting game, from an already known IP. In this game, you will be able to scan scenery with the Wii U Gamepad and use the Wii U Gamepad Touch Screen to control your spaceship. The game is looking really good graphically–one of the most advanced graphics you’re going to see on Wii U. The other game is said to be a smaller game, similar to what Donkey Kong Country Returns was. Might this one be Metroid 3DS?"

Was wrong, no Retro FPS was shown at E3.

"There will be a teaser for Bayonetta 2 at the E3 too, and a Yoshi’s Island 3 teaser. They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. "

Both were playable at E3, since I played both. They had several levels playable, something someone with so much information should have known. (Since he knew next years announcements and he claimed to know what was going to be shown on the floor at E3).

"About 3DS, there will be no big surprises for the rest of the year. Nintendo will publish some little games, niche series and forgotten IPs directly at eShop, similar to how they published Mario Vs Donkey Kong. There will also be a 3DS Japan only Nintendo Direct presenting some games for the Japanese market, like Daigasso Band Brothers, a Skip game and a Monolith title."

I don't know about the Monolith title, but Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was a big title released last year

And let's not forget everything he said about Smash Brothers was wrong....

So, what exactly makes this guy believable apart from knowing there would be a new Mario Wii U (which he got all of the details wrong), new Donkey Kong Wii U (which he didn't even name, he just said Retro is working on some game, which turned out to be Donkey Kong) and Kirby 3DS? (Everyone could have guessed the first 2 and the third isn't that far out there).

The believable part:

This is very much like the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak. It wasn't entirely accurate since neither Mii, Mac OR Pac were shown at E3 as predicted, BUT that leak DID INDEED predict not just Mega Man, but also Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, and the very possible reality is, you do NOT predict Wii Fit Trainer and not know something, much less a couple other correct details alongside it.

Same with this leak. You do NOT predict Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers and a few other things without knowing something.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Weird how people in this thread consistently make fun of gamefaqs and yet half the posts on here in this thread are fake leaks made by you guys and troll faces everywhere

lightdasher

Smash Lord
-Dr. Mario is a Costume
-Cutting Snake
-All text rumors
Too be honest though I really don't see snake returning

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I need some help on whether this is believable or not. Looks purdy legit, but you know how these "leakers" are.

-SSB4 will be released within the next 10 years.
-Masahiro Sakurai is reprising his role as director.
-It will not be for the XBox One or the PS4.
-There will be at least 10 characters.
-There will be more than two special moves.
-Mario will be returning.
-He will be able to jump and use fireballs.
-Luigi's status is unknown.
-Despite multiple requests and popularity, Finn and Jake will sadly not be in the game in any form.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I need some help on whether this is believable or not.

-Despite multiple requests and popularity, Finn and Jake will sadly not be in the game in any form.
...Seems legit...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I need some help on whether this is believable or not. Looks purdy legit, but you know how these "leakers" are.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
For the sake of adding something meaningful to this conversation, how high do you think the chances for a Direct next week and/or a character reveal (if in a Direct a newcomer)?

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618

No finn and jake? Confirmed fake

peachy!

super princess

Mario? What a wasted character slot.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Can I just say that the idea that it's simply impossible to guess that Wii Fit Trainer would be a character, is absurd? The "leaky 3" leak was wrong. It's awesome that he guessed Wii Fit Trainer. Didn't see that coming. But I've been guessing Megaman for six years now, and Villager was brought up in regards to Brawl. The other three are still nowhere to be found (and aren't surprising in the least). Why are people putting so much weight on that rumor?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
-Dr. Mario is a Costume
-Cutting Snake
-All text rumors
Add:

--Tell me about Sakurai. I mean, he's obviously your best childhood pal, after all. What does he eat? What's his favorite color? What does he think about cats? What does he want in the game and why? How does his perception of each character and their mother reflect this? The more references to Sakurai and the more specific those references are, the better.
--Also, either add all of Ridley/K. Rool/Little Mac/Palutena/Mewtwo or add one or two of them while sticking the rest in demeaning roles.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The believable part:

This is very much like the Mii, Mac n' Pac leak. It wasn't entirely accurate since neither Mii, Mac OR Pac were shown at E3 as predicted, BUT that leak DID INDEED predict not just Mega Man, but also Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, and the very possible reality is, you do NOT predict Wii Fit Trainer and not know something, much less a couple other correct details alongside it.

Same with this leak. You do NOT predict Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers and a few other things without knowing something.
But obviously they didn't know anything on the Smash front. The difference between this and the Mac, Mii & Pac leak is that this one got nothing right for E3, where as the other one got something right in relation to Smash, therefore it's believable. Obviously this leak has more fake things in it than right things, and the Smash part of it is most certainly part of the fake things since it got absolutely nothing right in relation to Smash. He knew something about some things, but not about everything.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
4chan leak is fake. List of already known characters plus list of characters in leak equals 41 if I did my math correctly- and I always do my math correctly.

Also cookie to who ever gets the reference.
.... I know this........... Bentley from Sly Cooper... 2, I believe... (also, I think he used the word "right" not "correctly" :p)

On topic: there haven't been many good leaks since Palutena it seems, sure would be nice to get more photo leaks.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The believable part:

I don't mean to sound rude or offend you, but...

A random paragraph written by someone you don't know guesses 2-5 obvious facts everyone knew would happen anyways, then writes about 10-20 details about said facts out of which he gets 70-80% wrong, 10-15% cannot be proven yet and a mere 5% correct and you think the leak is true because that 5% was just too hard to guess.

Right...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For the sake of adding something meaningful to this conversation, how high do you think the chances for a Direct next week and/or a character reveal (if in a Direct a newcomer)?
For the record, I'm not expecting a reveal until Diddy, now that we have Lucario.
That'll hold me off for a little while.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Having one character that has an ability of the game that is acquired after 90% of the game is complete is not equal to "borrow mechanics from Galaxy". Galaxy 1 and 2 has stages which were EXACTLY copy pasted from Mario 64, so I could say they are the same game? I know I am exaggerating but that's sort of what your argument sounds like. There are no mechanics from Galaxy except for the Luma mechanics which are not even needed as I discovered they were even there when I was already about 90%+ done.

That cannot be interpreted as open world. He literally said " will not be like Galaxy in that it will be open world", Galaxy, altough also linear, is more "open-worldish" than 3D World is. The term open world means not linear or sandbox in the gaming industry. If he can screw up such a popular and global term what makes you think he knows anything about gaming?

He said the game would use intensive use of touch controls. In my opinion less than 5-10% of the game does not equal to intensive use.

You are trying too hard to justify someone that guessed things that everyone could have guessed. He just put them in writting. Everyone knew a new Mario and DK game was coming, its all in the details, which he got wrong, all of them.
"borrow mechanics from galaxy" was never used in the article. "take tidbits from it" was. Tidbits like Lumas, Rosalina, and the octorok ripoffs are obviously what was being referred to.

Anybody could've seen gameplay of certain stages like sprawling savannah, and take open world from that picture/video, either that or someone misheard 3d world and thought of it as an open world game.

Like i already said, the articles states that some mechanics require intensive use of the touchscreen. Mechanics like holding enemies, opening doors, raising/lowering platforms, and unveiling hidden blocks.

Knowing that Yoshi's New island and Bayonetta 2 were going to appear at e3 in the first place isn't evidence enough? He never claimed to know what was shown, just to know some things that were shown.

funny that you mention that, because he actually mentioned the new Zelda for the 3ds earlier in the article.
Daigosso band brothers also had it's own japanese direct in october, which he was on the spot in predicting, as well as Chibi Robo meeting the criteria for a "niche series and forgotten ip".

He said that the mario kart will be more miiverse integrated and have a more integrated online. How is that wrong? The Developers basically confirmed all of that in the developer direct i linked earlier. He also mentioned Rare working on a smaller game, similar to what donkey kong country returns was. What do you know, it's a sequel to the game he compared it to. Kirby 3ds wouldn't be a remarkable thing to guess on it's own but in a combination with all the other titles listed it's something to note.

This article obviously has some guesses and assumptions, but you can't deny that whoever leaked this information to him had legit information, because all of this couldn't just be guessed.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
.... I know this........... Bentley from Sly Cooper... 2, I believe... (also, I think he used the word "right" not "correctly" :p)

On topic: there haven't been many good leaks since Palutena it seems, sure would be nice to get more photo leaks.
2 cookies for knowing my reference better than I do apparently. Also why does cutting Snake automatically make a leak fake? From what I'm hearing from leak/fakes/rumors or whatever is that 3rd Party reps for this game is going to consist of some combo of Sonic/Mega Man/Snake/Pacman/Bayonetta/Wonder Red. Sakurai is trying to cut down on the number of 3rd parties in this game, so I'm guessing we'll get 4 3rd parties max, most likely 3. With Konami and Nintendo's issues with MGS5, I can see Snake getting cut for Pac Man, Bayonetta, etc.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I think there's a good chance of getting a Nintendo Direct next week since we didn't get one at all in January. And I think we'll most likely get a character during the Direct because every 2 months starting with August, they always revealed a character during a Direct. I think it will be a newcomer since we're lacking on those.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Im sorry, but in order for a leak to be true, it all has to be right, or ridiculously close. It also has to be somewhat explicit when talking features.

I could say Nintendo is making a new Mario game, a new Donkey Kong game and a new Metroid game, and with that say something like "Pacman confirmed for Sm4sh" does that make it legit? No. Nintendo is always making a new Mario, DK and Metroid. Thats not a leak, its using obvious patterns to make you believe something is true.

You swing for the fences enough youll eventually hit a home run, no matter how many times you strike out.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
The rumors my friend at Namco Bandai tells me are the best ones!

Speaking of which, my friend at Namco Bandai told me that Mega Maid from Spaceballs will be playable, and she is BY FAR the biggest character on the cast. Even bigger than Ridley. :troll:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hey, just randomly adding something to the conversation here... but, since Lucario was revealed for Brawl's anniversary (why Lucario over Pokemon Trainer or R.O.B. or Meta Knight or Wario etc. ? ), what if February Nintendo Direct's character is a Pokemon character to star opposite of Lucario? What if, let's say, Blaziken or Mewtwo is shown during the next Direct not only to reveal a character to star opposite of Lucario, but also to showcase Mega Evolutions, Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo X/Y?

Just... what if?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Add:

--Tell me about Sakurai. I mean, he's obviously your best childhood pal, after all. What does he eat? What's his favorite color? What does he think about cats? What does he want in the game and why? How does his perception of each character and their mother reflect this? The more references to Sakurai and the more specific those references are, the better.
--Also, either add all of Ridley/K. Rool/Little Mac/Palutena/Mewtwo or add one or two of them while sticking the rest in demeaning roles.
Or we could ask the truly hard hitting question... Does Sakurai even have a cat? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know if this is simply a rumor or not.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
2 cookies for knowing my reference better than I do apparently. Also why does cutting Snake automatically make a leak fake? From what I'm hearing from leak/fakes/rumors or whatever is that 3rd Party reps for this game is going to consist of some combo of Sonic/Mega Man/Snake/Pacman/Bayonetta/Wonder Red. Sakurai is trying to cut down on the number of 3rd parties in this game, so I'm guessing we'll get 4 3rd parties max, most likely 3. With Konami and Nintendo's issues with MGS5, I can see Snake getting cut for Pac Man, Bayonetta, etc.
Wonder Red is a first-party character, The Wonderful 101 IP is owned by Nintendo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Or we could ask the truly hard hitting question... Does Sakurai even have a cat? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know if this is simply a rumor or not.
The cat in his Twitter pics has a different-shaped nose from the cat in the Brawl Pokemon Stadium 2 easter egg. The easter egg cat is also clipping into the Pokemon Stadium 2 hut, and has a shorter and rounder tail than the Twitter cat.

SAKURAI'S CAT IS FAKE, Y'ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom