• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm sticking with it. And yes, I still kinda sorta believe Bayonetta love it or hate it is in this game somehow. Sakurai HAS been emailing Kamiya AND there's still Sakurai's mysterious visit to Platinum Games.
Bayonetta is not the only franchise at Platinum Games, he could've visited for a number of reasons, one of which could be Wonderful 101 as that's a new Nintendo IP that could be advertised via character, AT, or otherwise.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
"borrow mechanics from galaxy" was never used in the article. "take tidbits from it" was. Tidbits like Lumas, Rosalina, and the octorok ripoffs are obviously what was being referred to.

Anybody could've seen gameplay of certain stages like sprawling savannah, and take open world from that picture/video, either that or someone misheard 3d world and thought of it as an open world game.

Like i already said, the articles states that some mechanics require intensive use of the touchscreen. Mechanics like holding enemies, opening doors, raising/lowering platforms, and unveiling hidden blocks.
You seem to have deluded yourself to believe him, here read the sentence he wrote:

"but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer".

He says those tidbits will make an open world platformer, which A-) it isn't, B-) there are no tidbits from Galaxy except for the Luma mechanics (characters do not make a type of game).

Going from your logic there is also those Hawai Big Nosed guys and water levels based on Sunshine. It also has tidbits of Mario 64 like the bulls. It also has the Koopalings so it also takes tidbits of Mario World (or whichever was the first one to have the Koopalings).

You seem to want to believe him so bad you make up excuses to forgive his mistakes.

Out of those mechanics you mentioned only opening doors is prevalent (raiding loweing platforms is done with the microphone, not the touchpad). The other 2 I didn't even realize where in the game until I was almost done with the game. They aren't only not needed but they are never actually taught to the player either, you would only discover them if you start poking the touchscreen by pure curiosity.

He said "It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." I don't think opening doors in 1 level or using the gamepad on 2-3 levels to "protrude" platforms on a very small section of that level "intensive".

Knowing that Yoshi's New island and Bayonetta 2 were going to appear at e3 in the first place isn't evidence enough? He never claimed to know what was shown, just to know some things that were shown.
2 very popular games which both were already announced and both had major development time already... He said they would have a "teaser", when they both had "trailers" which are different from teasers and they both had playable demos. The writer misjudged how far ahead the games actually were, he thought they were farther behind and a teaser would have been obvious to anyone if they were, but they were already at a playable demo stage.

It's like saying right now: A trailer of Smash Brothers will be shown at this E3 2014.

Isn't that kind of an obvious fact?

funny that you mention that, because he actually mentioned the new Zelda for the 3ds earlier in the article.
Which was officially announced a week before the article. He clearly knew the new Zelda was coming already since it was announced a week before yet, again, he misjudged what the target release date Nintendo had set for it and he claimed that no new major game would be released in 2013 for 3DS, and guess what, Zelda was.

Daigosso band brothers also had it's own japanese direct in october, which he was on the spot in predicting, as well as Chibi Robo meeting the criteria for a "niche series and forgotten ip".
I don't know about Daigosso Band Brothers, but Chibi Robo forgotten? It had a 2009 release on the Wii... It was on a last gen console, in my opinion forgotten means at least 2 generations behind. Also just how vague is "niche series and forgotten ip", that could be taken to mean anything, just like how you took it to be Chibi Robo.

He said that the mario kart will be more miiverse integrated and have a more integrated online. How is that wrong? The Developers basically confirmed all of that in the developer direct i linked earlier. He also mentioned Rare working on a smaller game, similar to what donkey kong country returns was. What do you know, it's a sequel to the game he compared it to. Kirby 3ds wouldn't be a remarkable thing to guess on it's own but in a combination with all the other titles listed it's something to note.
All of those things I already knew, I guess I am insider too. I already knew a new DK would pop up sometime in the future. I also knew a new Kirby would also pop up sometime, guessing it was on 3DS is a 50/50 chance bet. I also knew Mario Kart would have more integrated online and Miiverse with 100% certainty because every single Nintendo game on the Wii U has had it.

He guessed that Retro was working on some game that was kind of the same scale in terms of worktime as the last game they did and got it right... Are you really holding on to this fact?

Also he guessed they were working on a huge FPS title from an old series and that it would be released late 2014, he said it was well in development and that it had the best graphics he has ever seen on the Wii U yet the title hasn't even been mentioned. With Nintendo wanting to hype the Wii U as much as possible, if a game was already showable with the best graphics ever seen on Wii U and a known IP (hinting to Metroid) which many people will probably get excited for, why not show it?

He also claimed there was a Metroid 3DS being worked on since late 2011, and that it would be revealed soon. It has been almost a year, yet no reveal.

This article obviously has some guesses and assumptions, but you can't deny that whoever leaked this information to him had legit information, because all of this couldn't just be guessed.
I can, the only thing that seems hard to guess is the Daigasso Band Brothers thing. And I am assuming it is hard to guess that as I don't know the series, there might have been previous information pointing to a release but I wouldn't know. There is literally not one other line that strikes me as anything but a guess that I myself could have written.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My bet is the visits are for wonder red in smash since it was going to be nintendo characters over superheroes originally. Anyway lucario does not deconfirm this, sakurai said lucario had no influence in dropping mewtwo from brawl's final list. Anyway anyone have a list of rumors that said lucario was staying?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My bet is the visits are for wonder red in smash since it was going to be nintendo characters over superheroes originally. Anyway lucario does not deconfirm this, sakurai said lucario had no influence in dropping mewtwo from brawl's final list. Anyway anyone have a list of rumors that said lucario was staying?
Wait where did Sakurai say this?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BluePikimin11: It was said either before or after SSB4's announcement in an interview.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wonderful 101 was originally going to be Nintendo Characters over Superheroes, a fact which doesn't really affect Smash Bros in any way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Or maybe Sakurai went there to tell Kamiya not to muscle in his territory... that he gets to use Nintendo characters and Kamiya must come up with original characters or else. :troll:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
  • Waluigi returns as an assist trophy
DK:
  • Diddy Kong will be confirmed with DKCR:TF
  • Dixie and Diddy will be played as a tag team
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
  • Gannon is still playable
  • Tingle returns as an assist trophy
  • Midna is a new assist trophy
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Pokemon Trainer will be cut
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • Meta Knight will return
  • Magolor is a new assist trophy
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
  • Ridley is a stage hazard
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
  • Andross is an assist trophy
Kid Icarus:
  • Palutena will be a newcomer
  • Madusa is an assist trophy
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Little Mac is a newcomer
  • Glass Joe is a new assist trophy
  • Chibi Robo is an assist trophy
  • Isaac is an assist trophy
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
  • Mr. Saturn will not return
  • Captain Falcon will return

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
DK:
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
Kid Icarus:
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
I'd be fine with it , but I'm not buying it. This sounds like something that I would write, but mine would have K.Rool playable.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I think the most believable leak would have almost everyone return from Brawl with around ten newcomers.

Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
DK:
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
Kid Icarus:
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
That's like 4.5 newcomers, plus the E3 three, 7...

Ridley as a stage hazard? I wanna call BS...
Glass Joe over King Hippo?
No K. Rool?
Mr. Saturn, the simplest item in existence, gone?

Ok it's probably BS.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Having no K. Rool does not mean it's bull****. :smirk:
Just saying.

Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
DK:
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
Kid Icarus:
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
Nice "leak," Though I would like to have Zoroark playable at the very least.

The main reason I don't buy the "Sorry my english isn't good..." leaks (besides their
Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
DK:
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
Kid Icarus:
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
Alright let's see...a few odd choices...nothing really seems off...wait...Mr. Saturn...gone? :joyful:

Fake.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
I think the most believable leak would have almost everyone return from Brawl with around ten newcomers.

No K. Rool?

Ok it's probably BS.
1) Pyrosphere stage implied to have Ridley as a stage hazard. This checks out.
2) Why Shadow over Tails or Knuckles? Why Jeff over Paula or Ninten?
3) Based off the chaoszero "leak" (which no longer contradicts the translator leak because it was debunked) says he isnt playable (though I wish this wasn't the case). From my personal experience, successful leakers (if not caught by the next game in the series) tend to strike twice.
4) Also the least useful item to be fair.

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098

No K. Rool?

Ok it's probably BS.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
You seem to have deluded yourself to believe him, here read the sentence he wrote:

"but it will take some titbits of it to make a full open world platformer".

He says those tidbits will make an open world platformer, which A-) it isn't, B-) there are no tidbits from Galaxy except for the Luma mechanics (characters do not make a type of game).
Leaking a game, or rather info on many games, is going to have misheard phrases and misinterpreted/made up info, it's almost a given. Also, the person who published this article is not a native speaker, so this phrase could've been mistranslated.

Going from your logic there is also those Hawai Big Nosed guys and water levels based on Sunshine. It also has tidbits of Mario 64 like the bulls. It also has the Koopalings so it also takes tidbits of Mario World (or whichever was the first one to have the Koopalings).
Piantas are basically a staple of the series now, and they did not appear in this game. Neither did the koopalings.
You seem to want to believe him so bad you make up excuses to forgive his mistakes.
You're so dismissive of everything in the article due to two games having not been described correctly, who's more desperate here?
Out of those mechanics you mentioned only opening doors is prevalent (raiding loweing platforms is done with the microphone, not the touchpad). The other 2 I didn't even realize where in the game until I was almost done with the game. They aren't only not needed but they are never actually taught to the player either, you would only discover them if you start poking the touchscreen by pure curiosity.
He said "It will make an intensive use of the touch screen for some game mechanics." I don't think opening doors in 1 level or using the gamepad on 2-3 levels to "protrude" platforms on a very small section of that level "intensive".
There's an entire stage that you can only traverse by moving platforms with the touchscreen, good job missing that. Also, the other mechanics are used throughout the entire game, just because you missed them doesn't mean that they aren't mechanics that are in the game and use the touch screen. The leaker never mentioned that the touchscreen mechanics were required or common, either. Touch screen controls were also explained in the manuals, so it isn't some easter egg.

Which was officially announced a week before the article. He clearly knew the new Zelda was coming already since it was announced a week before yet, again, he misjudged what the target release date Nintendo had set for it and he claimed that no new major game would be released in 2013 for 3DS, and guess what, Zelda was.
Great job completely countering your own argument for me, he said no more surprises for the rest of the year, which the new Zelda clearly wasn't if it was already announced. He claimed that 3ds has "no new suprises" you're taking his phrases as absolutes.
He also mentions that these games will be released by the end of the year, the only game not being released being Mario golf which is extended to 2014

"Nintendo will hold itself up on a few titles until the end of this year. Those will be Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Zelda Wind Waker and Mario, which will be shown and playable at E3 for Wii U. Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi, Mario Golf, Pokémon, Mario Party and Zelda are also planned for the 3DS."
The release date of half these games wasn't even announced until e3.

I don't know about Daigosso Band Brothers, but Chibi Robo forgotten? It had a 2009 release on the Wii... It was on a last gen console, in my opinion forgotten means at least 2 generations behind. Also just how vague is "niche series and forgotten ip", that could be taken to mean anything, just like how you took it to be Chibi Robo.
even if it isn't forgotten, it is certainly a niche series.

All of those things I already knew, I guess I am insider too. I already knew a new DK would pop up sometime in the future. I also knew a new Kirby would also pop up sometime, guessing it was on 3DS is a 50/50 chance bet. I also knew Mario Kart would have more integrated online and Miiverse with 100% certainty because every single Nintendo game on the Wii U has had it.
He said it will be shown at e3 and according to the article author, that had not been clarified yet by nintendo. Not to mention he mention lots of options for miiverse and communities, which Mario Kart TV certainly fits the bill for. The developer direct also makes a distinct mention of wanting this mario kart to be more online integrated than before.

I can, the only thing that seems hard to guess is the Daigasso Band Brothers thing. And I am assuming it is hard to guess that as I don't know the series, there might have been previous information pointing to a release but I wouldn't know. There is literally not one other line that strikes me as anything but a guess that I myself could have written.
Because you've been ignoring the better half of the article for your narrow minded view of it.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Having no K. Rool does not mean it's bull****. :smirk:
Just saying.

Nice "leak," Though I would like to have Zoroark playable at the very least.
K. Rool is requested a lot. That wasn't the only reason I called it BS. Numerous things added up.

1) Pyrosphere stage implied to have Ridley as a stage hazard. This checks out.
2) Why Shadow over Tails or Knuckles? Why Jeff over Paula or Ninten?
3) Based off the chaoszero "leak" (which no longer contradicts the translator leak because it was debunked) says he isnt playable (though I wish this wasn't the case). From my personal experience, successful leakers (if not caught by the next game in the series) tend to strike twice.
4) Also the least useful item to be fair.
1) IMO If he was a stage hazard, we'd have seen him already. Why hide him?
2) King Hippo is easily more popular than Glass Joe. He just seems like the obvious choice. Jeff and Shadow do too.
3) Was it ever found out if it was the same Chaoszero as Brawl's?
4) Still, it seems like a Smash staple by now IMO. It's a silly, fun item.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
I'l
K. Rool is requested a lot. That wasn't the only reason I called it BS. Numerous things added up.

1) IMO If he was a stage hazard, we'd have seen him already. Why hide him?
2) King Hippo is easily more popular than Glass Joe. He just seems like the obvious choice. Jeff and Shadow do too.
3) Was it ever found out if it was the same Chaoszero as Brawl's?
4) Still, it seems like a Smash staple by now IMO. It's a silly, fun item.
I'll give you point 3 because I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed.

I wouldnt say Mr.Saturn is completely a Smash staple because I don't recall it being in the first one (though I may be wrong).

My personal opinion on why Sakurai didn't show Ridley is to use a combination of suspense (kind of how he dragged out showing Viridi as a stage hazard or what Yellow Devil was supposed to do) and the dying hopes of the hardcore Ridley fans to build hype (not showing him kinda implies that he's either a hazard, or he could get the Alfonzo treatment)

For the AT thing, for the most part I understand your reasoning there, but one exception to that. why Kat and Ana over say Ashley or Mona?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We didn't find out if he's talking to ChaosZero period. Either way, it's never a good idea to use one rumor to support another since either or both could be wrong.

My personal opinion on why Sakurai didn't show Ridley is to use a combination of suspense (kind of how he dragged out showing Viridi as a stage hazard or what Yellow Devil was supposed to do) and the dying hopes of the hardcore Ridley fans to build hype (not showing him kinda implies that he's either a hazard, or he?
Yellow Devil is a poor example as we knew it was stage related (or a boss) from the get-go. Viridi was mentioned by name and the mechanic is directly related to her, Ridley has no connection to the stage as of yet aside from a painfully vague quote.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'l

I'll give you point 3 because I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed.

I wouldnt say Mr.Saturn is completely a Smash staple because I don't recall it being in the first one (though I may be wrong).

My personal opinion on why Sakurai didn't show Ridley is to use a combination of suspense (kind of how he dragged out showing Viridi as a stage hazard or what Yellow Devil was supposed to do) and the dying hopes of the hardcore Ridley fans to build hype (not showing him kinda implies that he's either a hazard, or he could get the Alfonzo treatment)

For the AT thing, for the most part I understand your reasoning there, but one exception to that. why Kat and Ana over say Ashley or Mona?
-Saturn wasn't in the first game but he was everywhere in Melee (In some events and in classic mode, Saturns spawned a lot from what I remember) and he returned in Brawl fairly early in development (this is from memory.)

-Kat and Ana are fighters, so it'd make sense in a fighting game. Ashley wasn't insanely popular until after Brawl, and Mona... well I don't know. Maybe she seemed too complex for an AT, that or Kat and Ana seemed like a better choice anyway.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I must have been mistaken then, because I could have sworn many many people loved Ashley when I was growing up..
First I ever heard of Ashley was of that misheard lyric/subliminal message thing from Warioware Touched where if you play Ashley's Song faster it says something terrible... well, at least that was the belief. Suddenly Ashley and her song became a bit of a sensation.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Found this spoiler

Mario/Yoshi/Wario:
DK:
  • No King K. Rool
Zelda:
Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo will return
  • Jigglypuff will return
Kirby:
  • New Epic Yarn stage
Metroid:
Star Fox:
  • Falco will return
  • Wolf will be cut
Kid Icarus:
Fire Emblem
  • Ike is cut
  • Chrom is a newcomer
Other:
  • Ness will return
  • Lucas is cut
Am I the only person to notice that Captain Falcon was stated not to return?

Of all the things people questioned in this leak, Captain Falcon not returning wasn't one of them? Wtf is wrong with you people. lol

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
There are several details currently known to me about the new Smash Brothers game. The game will be known as Super Smash Bros. Dimensions, after the story modes which revolve around traveling different "dimensions" to find the pieces of the "Supreme Smash Ball".

Firstly I will touch up on the Pokéballs. As you already should know, they are returning for this installment of the series. All Pokéball Pokémon return from Brawl, with some new representatives for the fifth and sixth generations. From the first four generations, Butterfree, Fearow, and Glaceon are new. Glacean runs around the stage randomly spawning ice crystals behind it, spiking enemies and causing them to fly in the air. Butterfree attaches to the closest foe and does minimal damage over a short period of time. Fearow drills forwards, similar to Meta Knight's "Drill Rush" attack, homing in on competitors for a short period of time. I don't know much about the Black/White/2/2/X/Y representations besides names. Serperior, Victini, Excadrill, Reshram, Zekrom, Genesect, Noivern, Xerneas, and Yveltal are new also.

Now, assist trophies. I was shown little in regards to assist trophies, but I do known some info. All Brawl assists return except Jill, Jeff, Little Mac, Lyn, and Gray Fox. I've seen Bowser Jr., who throws bombs at the players (these CAN hurt whoever summoned him). I've also seen a captured photo of Dillon, presumably for a future picture-of-the-day.

You've already seen 12-14 stages in the Wii U version. There will be 44 stages in this game, most of which will remain secret until the game is released. Some of these stages include Big-Bean Vine from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Art Museum from Drill Dozer (the latter is in both games). I could only see one Nintendo 3DS stage besides Art Museam, which is Victory Road from Pokémon X and Y. Also, some stages are returning like Bridge of Eldin and WarioWare Inc. Returning stages are not version exclusive.

The gameplay is between Melee and Brawl. Several tactics like Side-stepping and Air dodging are still possible from what I've seen. The story mode is similar to Melee's, but has a story and the "dimesions gimmick" (think of that one 3DS download game).

Everyone's favorite part, the characters! This game features a legion of characters, but has several new clones (Dr. Mario and Falco level). The newcomer clone characters are Blaziken (semi-clone to C. Falcon), Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi-clone), and Dark Samus (clone to Samus). Other newcomers are Shulk, Ghirahim, Ridley, Jill Dozer, Little Mac, Takamaru, Robin, Kalos Trainer, and Palutena. Mewtwo is back from the "forgotten five". The newcomers are the forefront of the whole game, and to make room on the roster several characters have, unfortunately, been cut. Snake has been denied a second entry by Konami. Ike was replaced by Robin (she partially absorbed his moveset). Pokemon Trainer was replaced by Kalos Trainer, who has Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja. Also cut are Jigglypuff and R.O.B.

Feel free to ask questions, I may or may not know the answers to them, though.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68475892
Yay. More. Aren't we spoiled?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What is with people cutting Jigglypuff in fake leaks? Is this some sort o sign or something?
People think Jigglypuff should go for one reason or another (mostly being "irrelevance").
Granted I think that's ridiculous statement but hey that's just me.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Piantas are basically a staple of the series now, and they did not appear in this game. Neither did the koopalings.
If I am not mistaken 3 of the bosses are Koopalings. If they are not, then they sure do look like them.

Also the Big Nosed Hawai things are in the game, in more than one level, they are just background characters, like the Lumas or anything Galaxy related except for Rosalina.

You're so dismissive of everything in the article due to two games having not been described correctly, who's more desperate here?
There's an entire stage that you can only traverse by moving platforms with the touchscreen, good job missing that. Also, the other mechanics are used throughout the entire game, just because you missed them doesn't mean that they aren't mechanics that are in the game and use the touch screen. The leaker never mentioned that the touchscreen mechanics were required or common, either. Touch screen controls were also explained in the manuals, so it isn't some easter egg.
I bought the game digitally, I do not own a manual, so in fact, for me I didn't discover it until the 7th person who played the game (yes, 6 people played the game and had no clue about any of those touch controls) and he just tried it out of curiosity (clicking a coin with the touchscreen and was able to pick it up). It isn't as intuitive as you might think without no knowledge of it.

I don't have the greastest memory and I might have forgotten that level, but which level is completely based on moving platforms with the touchpad? As I remember it platforms are moved by breathing into the microphone. Even so, there are still 80 other levels that do not use touch controls.

Great job completely countering your own argument for me, he said no more surprises for the rest of the year, which the new Zelda clearly wasn't if it was already announced. He claimed that 3ds has "no new suprises" you're taking his phrases as absolutes.
He also mentions that these games will be released by the end of the year, the only game not being released being Mario golf which is extended to 2014

"Nintendo will hold itself up on a few titles until the end of this year. Those will be Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Zelda Wind Waker and Mario, which will be shown and playable at E3 for Wii U. Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi, Mario Golf, Pokémon, Mario Party and Zelda are also planned for the 3DS."
The release date of half these games wasn't even announced until e3.
I will grant you that I might have been reading too literally into there will be no more surprises for this year, and he only meant for game announcements and wasn't counting on releases.

He said it will be shown at e3 and according to the article author, that had not been clarified yet by nintendo. Not to mention he mention lots of options for miiverse and communities, which Mario Kart TV certainly fits the bill for. The developer direct also makes a distinct mention of wanting this mario kart to be more online integrated than before.
Did you read what I wrote?

"2 very popular games which both were already announced and both had major development time already... He said they would have a "teaser", when they both had "trailers" which are different from teasers and they both had playable demos. The writer misjudged how far ahead the games actually were, he thought they were farther behind and a teaser would have been obvious to anyone if they were, but they were already at a playable demo stage.

It's like saying right now: A trailer of Smash Brothers will be shown at this E3 2014.

Isn't that kind of an obvious fact?

I also knew Mario Kart would have more integrated online and Miiverse integration with 100% certainty because every single Nintendo IP game on the Wii U has had it."

Also, no, he didn't say the "similar workload to DKC" game would be revealed at E3. He said the best graphics he's ever seen, really huge old popular Nintendo IP that includes spaceship and scanning and is an FPS would be revealed after E3 2013. Knowing you, you will probably say: "It's still after E3 2013", since technically it will always be after E3 2013 until the end of time.

Because you've been ignoring the better half of the article for your narrow minded view of it.
No you're blindly following someone who has been wrong in more than he has been right. And considering most of the things he was right about were completely obvious facts, I don't see what gives him credibility at all.

Consider this:

You believing this leak is like me making a leak right now saying:

Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors will be shown at E3.

Smash Bros will have a better online and will offer more integration with Miiverse.

There will be a new Mario game on the Wii U announced this year.

A new Starfox Game will also be announced on the Wii U later this year.

Retro will reveal a new game they've been working on.

Miyamoto will reveal the new IP he's been working on. Most of its mechanics consist of using the gamepad in innovative ways.

Some of the old classic titles that people have been wanting for a while will return on the virtual console.

The new Wii U Pokemon game is said to be released later this year.

And then adding random details about some of the games which turn out to be all wrong and by 2015 you will be believing everything I leaked because most of the obvious things I leaked were true. (the things I posted up top, sans the Starfox one which would be kind of like the Daigasso Band Brothers "hard guess")

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
But a Pokemon trainer with Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja? I think those are the best it can get for 3 Pokemon specified for a specific Gen other than the original. Actually Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaiziken would work well too. but other than that The other gens have uninteresting 2nd evo's. Even though another trainer would be cool its just not happening... Sure there are loads of other bull poo statements I could rag on but its just too obvious.

What is with people cutting Jigglypuff in fake leaks? Is this some sort o sign or something?
It's probably because there are signs that Jigglypuff was added to Brawl later than the other veterans, implying she was almost cut.

But, "almost" means nothing; J-puff still made it back and is an invaluable addition to the Smash cast's diversity. The people expecting it to be cut are faltering in their judgment, if you ask me!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But a Pokemon trainer with Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja? I think those are the best it can get for 3 Pokemon specified for a specific Gen other than the original. Actually Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaiziken would work well too. but other than that The other gens have uninteresting 2nd evo's. Even though another trainer would be cool its just not happening... Sure there are loads of other bull poo statements I could rag on but its just too obvious.
As long as I get to play as a Mudkip, I'm fine...

Reznor

work in progress
making a lot of assumptions

quilava.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom