• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, miss translation it turns out. It's just another claim that it will "be out before the year ends". aka in 2014. Nothing new here.

I do not know japanes btw, this is just what I saw most people say. If anyone got some other info, please share.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, all Miyamoto appears to say is just that SSB4 will be out BY the end of this year. So, no indication that it's going to be late this year, just at some point this year.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"By the end of the year" is quite vague, so basically, the release date remains somewhere in 2014.

About those text rumors... I liked that one where all characters returned and newcomers such as K. Rool and the Avatar from FE:A, but it seems overkill anyway, especially with Tabuu being playable. Not buying it.

The 4chan one has too many cuts. I don't believe there will be so many cuts. And Jill from Drill Dozer? Eh... Not buying it.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, miss translation it turns out. It's just another claim that it will "be out before the year ends". aka in 2014. Nothing new here.

I do not know japanes btw, this is just what I saw most people say. If anyone got some other info, please share.
But we already knew it was due out 2014. So I would assume even though he said by the end of the year, in Nintendo's world that most likely means at the end of the year.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Why would people want the game delayed into 2015 for a "polished" game, causing a 2014 drought, killing the Wii U? Take the friggen rushed game and hope for patches. At least we'd be guaranteed to get it on this system. I'm convinced Nintendo is just letting the Wii U die and pulled off the shelves.

Miyamoto is saying, they aren't stupid enough to let it make a 2015 delay. The deadline for Sakurai is probably 2014 instead of when the game is done in his eyes.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Why would people want the game delayed into 2015 for a "polished" game, causing a 2014 drought, killing the Wii U? Take the friggen rushed game and hope for patches. At least we'd be guaranteed to get it on this system. I'm convinced Nintendo is just letting the Wii U die and pulled off the shelves.

Miyamoto is saying, they aren't stupid enough to let it make a 2015 delay. The deadline for Sakurai is probably 2014 instead of when the game is done in his eyes.
Exactly this. I'd go so far as to say anything later than September is going to spell Wii U's doom harder than any western marketing blitz.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Food for thought: Look at all the screenshots of the Animal Crossing stage.
Doesnt anyone find it odd how Tom Nook isnt in a single one of them?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Souta Satou Leak
  • Exclusion of Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ness, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Wario, or Yoshi
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Jill, Little Mac, Charizard (as own character), Ridley, Chrom, Shulk, or Dixie Kong
  • Inclusion of Ike, Wolf, Snake, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, or R.O.B
  • Inclusion of a newcomer not mentioned above
  • Exclusion of Zelda's transformation
  • More or less than 40 characters
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]
Added the Souta rumor
Added the Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
Food for thought: Look at all the screenshots of the Animal Crossing stage.
Doesnt anyone find it odd how Tom Nook isnt in a single one of them?
Last year, a website posted a lot of information regarding what Nintendo would be showing off in the future. Several of their predictions were on point, like a new DK game and Super Mario 3D World.

One could argue that those games were pretty safe predictions, as Nintendo would eventually release Mario and Donkey Kong titles for their new console. What's interesting, though, is that they also briefly mention Smash Bros. and list a few newcomers. Tom Nook was included.

Now, they claim their information was handed to them by a reliable source. We know that Villager is the Animal Crossing rep, but would it be crazy to get Tom Nook as well? I think they either made it up, or their source was too vague regarding the Animal Crossing newcomer, and the guys from the website assumed it was Tom Nook, not Villager.

I totally forgot the link to the article, so I'm unable to link you right now, but I think it was posted here once.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
^ Interesting. I don't Believe I've seen that particular rumor. Link or something would be very appreicated~

Also not sure I'd want Tom Nook playable as well as Villager. But I can imagen his moveset involving Furniture, Bells, and Loans.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
^ Interesting. I don't Believe I've seen that particular rumor. Link or something would be very appreicated~

Also not sure I'd want Tom Nook playable as well as Villager. But I can imagen his moveset involving Furniture, Bells, and Loans.
I'm sure his prices would be Fair

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm sure his prices would be Fair
That's his Final Smash. His prices are so high, the opponents can't live with it and jumps off the stages by themselves.

*snickers*

In all seriousness, his Final Smash should have him drop a gigantic house somewhere on the battlefield.

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Last year, a website posted a lot of information regarding what Nintendo would be showing off in the future. Several of their predictions were on point, like a new DK game and Super Mario 3D World.

One could argue that those games were pretty safe predictions, as Nintendo would eventually release Mario and Donkey Kong titles for their new console. What's interesting, though, is that they also briefly mention Smash Bros. and list a few newcomers. Tom Nook was included.

Now, they claim their information was handed to them by a reliable source. We know that Villager is the Animal Crossing rep, but would it be crazy to get Tom Nook as well? I think they either made it up, or their source was too vague regarding the Animal Crossing newcomer, and the guys from the website assumed it was Tom Nook, not Villager.

I totally forgot the link to the article, so I'm unable to link you right now, but I think it was posted here once.
To me it seems that Tom Nook would be an assist trophy

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
4 Links? No way.
Just noticed that lol. Definitely fake now
Technically, there are only 3 Links. Drawing Link is just a transformation of Young Link.

I think it's a cool thing, but I'm doubtful that it'll be true myself. Though maybe Sakurai's team will be able to follow Brawl's example and exceed our roster expectations. In any case, I wouldn't mind any of these coming true.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You know, at this rate I'm very tempted to write a satirical leak and then place it here.
It feels like the leaks are just getting poorer in quality as we go on... no, wait, they are.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Now I want Tom Nook playable badly now. D:
Just give him Tanooki Mario powers and were good!
His Final Smash could be:

Debt - A massive sack of Bells falls from the sky and crushes enemies into the ground like a Pitfall, and deals massive damage.

Or

Resilient Raccoon - Tom Nook opens up the Super Tanooki Suit box from Super Mario 3D World and runs rampant for the remainder of the match, being invincible whilst shooting rainbow coloured Bells from his anus that 1HKO enemies behind him.

peachy!

super princess

Found the source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Keep in mind that this was all posted before E3, and some of their predictions were accurate, while others were not.

Their source claims that Tom Nook, Little Mac, Palutena, and Takamaru are in the game. He/she also claims Dark Pit is in, but they're not sure if it's a transformation. I really hope it's only a palette swap.

The source also claims that the next third-party character is Bayonetta. Sakurai has stated that only special cases would warrant a third-party character to make it into the game, and while Bayonetta's sequel is Wii U exclusive, she does not represent a Nintendo all-star to me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Found the source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

Keep in mind that this was all posted before E3, and some of their predictions were accurate, while others were not.

Their source claims that Tom Nook, Little Mac, Palutena, and Takamaru are in the game. He/she also claims Dark Pit is in, but they're not sure if it's a transformation. I really hope it's only a palette swap.

The source also claims that the next third-party character is Bayonetta. Sakurai has stated that only special cases would warrant a third-party character to make it into the game, and while Bayonetta's sequel is Wii U exclusive, she does not represent a Nintendo all-star to me.
She's also not a legendary third party. I'd keep an eye on this leak, but assume it was a lucky guess until proven otherwise.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Wait, hold the Milkers....

Lets think through this, Sakurai gives us 1-2 characters per month. Theres only 11 POSSIBLE months left for Smash Bros to come out, so that leaves us around 11-22 newcomers/veteran reveals left.
Already, we have 22 characters revealed. If the game is flowing along smoothly, we may well have around 44 characters (max) this time around. It would be a nice jump from 35. Of course, we would need to count up characters like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, plus the fact that there may only be 1 reveal per month, so we may not get too many newcomers.

Just a train of thought
You think every character will be revealed before launch? I don't understand that. Having no surprises in the game would leave many disappointed. It would be okay if we knew they were going to reveal everything, but we don't know that, so once we do know everything, it would be reasonable to assume there is more on the game itself. If there isn't, people will be disappointed.

Why would they set themselves up for disappoint like that? We had 4 nonveterans we weren't told about ahead of time (excluding leaks) with Brawl (Toon Link, Lucario, ROB, and Wolf). I think four is a good number, and it seems Sakurai thinks so to. I suspect we will have a similar amount of unknown newcommers this time around. And that's assuming only the true surprises aren't spoiled. There may well be some vets we don't hear about beforehand as well.

Also Sakurai's pace could easily change.

On a related note though, I do expect 9-11 new-commers though. 4 we already know + 1-3 reserved for reveals to keep hype up + 4 kept secret.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
All the Melee cut characters back? 59 characters? I think we should call that the dream leak because that's ridiculous. As much as I'd love to have Roy back, and all the most wanted characters (Ridley, K. Rool), I just don't see such a thing happening.

Also, Shulk as a measly Assist Trophy? No thanks.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Thank you kindly. ^^ And, well, plenty of things sounds kinda off from what was shown after. But as said, I will keep track of this one.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice

This says that those characters were to be revealed in the E3 trailer, and there's a ton of other bogus stuff in that as well. Not worth anybody's time imo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Doesn't sound all that concrete to me. Maybe it'll still be worth looking into. But I still have reasonable doubts.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Pre-Brawl, I was super into the idea of Tom Nook. Now, however, I'd probably prefer K.K. Slider as an extra Animal Crossing rep.

Still though, if a leak proposes Nook, I would be down with that sickness.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I updated my image of the roster that the ThreePostRoster suggests.

Granted, we don't know the exact placement, but it seems a bit crowded. Would they even be able to fit so many characters?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
rumor said:
Nintendo will publish some little games, niche series and forgotten IPs directly at eShop, similar to how they published Mario Vs Donkey Kong
holy crap
rumor? said:
There is a 3DS Kirby game in development, but it won’t be shown for some time.

Holy crap
this is totally real said:
mario kart U will be presented at E3, and will be playable at the fair, as Nintendo confirmed not too long ago (again, when the source claimed this, that hadn’t been announced yet). The game will be very online focused, with lots of Miiverse and Community options
HOLY CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom