• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai said he'd only add in Miis if it was a casual game.
Sakurai never said that. Also, Miis are literally all but confirmed. You can deny it all you want, but the evidence says otherwise:
1. The E3 rumor is probably legit.
2. The Find Mii stage.
3. The Miis are the most well known Nintendo characters left (and the only S-tier Nintendo characters not playable in a Smash Bros. game yet) seals the deal.
Edit: Also, the only practically guaranteed characters for Brawl (in the pre-Brawl days) were Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Olimar.
I'dd add Lucario and Sonic (the latter after Snake was confirmed at least). Also, was some little iffiness on Meta Knight and Pit before the reveal trailer, but not a ton.
I still can't forgive how they ruined Ninja Gaiden's fast-reaction based platformey gameplay.
The 1st remake game I liked and I gave them a pass. The 2nd one I kinda give them a pass. The 3rd=??? Burn that heretic AT THE STAKE!!!
I just don't like it when so many games try to be Devil May Cry. :(
More like a poor man's poor wanna be Devil May Cry.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Sakurai never said that. Also, Miis are literally all but confirmed. You can deny it all you want, but the evidence says otherwise:
1. The E3 rumor is probably legit.
2. The Find Mii stage.
3. The Miis are the most well known Nintendo characters left (and the only S-tier Nintendo characters not playable in a Smash Bros. game yet) seals the deal.

1. What E3 Rumor? Elaborate this more please, not everyone knows every rumour
2. I guess that meant that Villager was playable in Brawl then because of the Smashville stage.
3. They're not a character, they're an online avatar for yourself like many other things.

I couldn't find the interview in which Sakurai said he wouldn't add miis, because I just keep getting the Palutena leak for some reason, stupid Google, but I found this http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/wiiparty/0/1

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. What E3 Rumor? Elaborate this more please, not everyone knows every rumour
2. I guess that meant that Villager was playable in Brawl then because of the Smashville stage.
3. They're not a character, they're an online avatar for yourself like many other things.

I couldn't find the interview in which Sakurai said he wouldn't add miis, because I just keep getting the Palutena leak for some reason, stupid Google, but I found this http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/wiiparty/0/1
I think this is referring to the rumor with Little Mac, Pacman and Mii supposed to be shown. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member

Think about the timeframe prior to Brawl's "finalization" on the roster (July 2005). Now think of today.

There's a huge difference in how Miis were handled back then compared to now. With that in mind, Sakurai's viewpoints on them could have easily changed to reflect what's true today as opposed to back then.

On another note, wasn't there that one "leak" that said we'd get Sandbag tomorrow?

If it hadn't been discredited already, smells like we got another leak discrediting coming soon....:p

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Text or an image?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

"Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii."

Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

Is this the rumor you're referring to?

lightdasher

Smash Lord

"Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii."

Someones guess counts as a leak?

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice

The thing that makes that leak still credible was that it included Wii Fit Trainer. Who could've guessed she would be playable?

D

Deleted member

The thing that makes that leak still credible was that it inckuded Wii Fit Trainer. Who could've gussed she would be playable?
Not just Wii Fit Trainer, the fact he literally "guessed" half of those characters.
And the fact Villager was one of them, after what Sakurai said in regards to Animal Crossing characters in Brawl.

Wii Fit Trainer was already a hard sale; combining Villager and even Mega Man (not to say he was hard to believe as well, but to correctly "guess" him ALONG with the other two)? That's more than coincidence. At least how I see it.

D

Deleted member

There's a difference between winning the lottery and correctly "guessing" two bizarre characters on top of a sketchy third one (at least how I saw Mega Man). Let alone mere hours before it happens.

It's clear he had legit information. However, the only thing we don't know is if said legit info was just Villager/Mega Man/Wii Fit Trainer, or if Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii is also legit, but not when they would be revealed.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
There's a difference between winning the lottery and correctly "guessing" two bizarre characters on top of a sketchy third one (at least how I saw Mega Man). Let alone mere hours before it happens.

It's clear he had legit information. However, the only thing we don't know is if said legit info was just Villager/Mega Man/Wii Fit Trainer, or if Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii is also legit, but not when they would be revealed.
So if I just randomly guessed 3 characters and they all turned out to be revealed, would I have legit information? No, because I guessed.

Is there anything else by this person? Did he claim to have information? Because that one post alone wouldn't convince me he knew anything.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Think about the timeframe prior to Brawl's "finalization" on the roster (July 2005). Now think of today.

There's a huge difference in how Miis were handled back then compared to now. With that in mind, Sakurai's viewpoints on them could have easily changed to reflect what's true today as opposed to back then.

On another note, wasn't there that one "leak" that said we'd get Sandbag tomorrow?

If it hadn't been discredited already, smells like we got another leak discrediting coming soon....:p
If Ultra HD Sandbag is not the next veteran reveal I will refuse to buy the games.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
So if I just randomly guessed 3 characters and they all turned out to be revealed, would I have legit information? No, because I guessed.

Is there anything else by this person? Did he claim to have information? Because that one post alone wouldn't convince me he knew anything
I get your point, but c'mon. This was in no way a coincidence or lucky guess.

D

Deleted member

Is there anything else by this person? Did he claim to have information? Because that one post alone wouldn't convince me he knew anything.
It appears you're missing the big picture.

He didn't just randomly "guess" the characters. Why do you think I kept putting that in quotes?
He had received a tip from an anonymous source weeks prior (established leaker Caw Evolution verifies this is accurate) and, not believing it, posted the list on NeoGaf as his set of "predictions" as a joke. When half ended up being true, he then made the article.

If Ultra HD Sandbag is not the next veteran reveal I will refuse to buy the games.
I guess you're not buying the games then, since Sandbag would be listed as a "Newcomer". :troll:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
It appears you're missing the big picture.

He didn't just randomly "guess" the characters. Why do you think I kept putting that in quotes?
He had received a tip from an anonymous source weeks prior (established leaker Caw Evolution verifies this is accurate) and, not believing it, posted the list on NeoGaf as his set of "predictions" as a joke. When half ended up being true, he then made the article.

Any link to this "anonymous source" ?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just reread the Sandbag on January 31 rumor. It states that Wario will be revealed March 21 "three days before Mario Kart 8 release."

Mario Kart 8 has been confirmed for a May release sooooooooooooooo...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did we get any leaks about specific character release dates? I know that one dude said something about Dedede and Diddy Kong. Which most of us could have guessed ourselves. But I haven't heard much else when it came to the likes of that.

Just reread the Sandbag on January 31 rumor. It states that Wario will be revealed March 21 "three days before Mario Kart 8 release."

Heh. Well that fell flat rather quick, didn't it.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Any link to this "anonymous source" ?
Reposting this for you:
I reactivated my account from 6+ years ago just for this.

Because so many people on Smashboards seem a bit ignorant or confused as to what happened I will clarify the events surrounding the E3 leaker.

1. This post was made by Salromano before e3:

2. Sal Romano is an editor on a site called Gematsu. After the E3 reveals he posted this article, here is an excerpt:

That is what happened. The only question is was he lying about being tipped off -- or if the person who tipped them off was a fake. If he was tipped off, they weren't guesses at all. Instead of posting possibly fake rumors on what I'm sure Sal would like to be a legitimate place for gaming news, he opted to post them on Neogaf as a "guess".

You can find his twitter here: https://twitter.com/SalRomano

Anyway I hope that clears up confusion. Kind of frustrating as a lurker seeing people go round and round on this when all it took was a google search of the E3 leaker's Neogaf username.

D

Deleted member

Well, that settles that. Ironically, this is the 2nd "leak" that was discredited within 2 days prior to the first date that would make or break it.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Still sounds like one big coincidence to me, supposedly this anonymous said that Mii, Pacman and Little mac would be shown at the reveal as well, and WFT wasn't in the reveal, she was shown after.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Still sounds like one big coincidence to me, supposedly this anonymous said that Mii, Pacman and Little mac would be shown at the reveal as well, and WFT wasn't in the reveal, she was shown after.
He just said they'd be shown at E3, not necessarily the initial reveal trailer.

D

Deleted member

It was said that they'd be revealed at E3.
It did not say they would all be revealed at the same time.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Gaf doesn't take too kindly to liars. If he said that he was leaked that information then I'm inclined to believe him. You don't have people on Gaf lying about things like you do here on SmashBoards or Gamefaqs. Mods will perma ban you really quick for that crap. Not to mention he has been a member for a long time, and you need to have a paid email address to even register and you still might not get approved. A gaf account is very valuable and no one's gonna start lying about being tipped off if they weren't. Especially on a long standing account.

Also you may not realize this but Gaf has the most industry insiders I've seen on any site. Cliffy B posts there often. Frank O'Connor (Bungie), even major nelson. And to tell you how serious gaf is they perma banned famous dev dennis dyack and most recently David Jaffe. So yes. When people leak stuff on gaf I listen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gaf doesn't take too kindly to liars. If he said that he was leaked that information then I'm inclined to believe him. You don't have people on Gaf lying about things like you do here on SmashBoards or Gamefaqs. Mods will perma ban you really quick for that crap. Not to mention he has been a member for a long time, and you need to have a paid email address to even register and you still might not get approved. A gaf account is very valuable and no one's gonna start lying about being tipped off if they weren't. Especially on a long standing account.

Also you may not realize this but Gaf has the most industry insiders I've seen on any site. Cliffy B posts there often. Frank O'Connor (Bungie), even major nelson. And to tell you how serious gaf is they perma banned famous dev dennis dyack and most recently David Jaffe. So yes. When people leak stuff on gaf I listen.
*Implying it just wasn't just a good liar*

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well as you can clearly see, E3 has passed, and I don't see Mii, Little Mac or Pacman, unless the leaker, for some reason, meant 2014 E3
Wasn't the DKC:TF suppose to be revealed at E3 2012?
Remember the Retro game that was scrapped off the conference last minute?
I think it indicates that not everything will be revealed in E3.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Well as you can clearly see, E3 has passed, and I don't see Mii, Little Mac or Pacman, unless the leaker, for some reason, meant 2014 E3
oh geez ...
There are plenty of articles about the Big 3 doing last minute changes to their presentations. For instance, Microsofts presentation and Sony's presentation last year. It's completely conceivable that Nintendo decided to hold back on the other three and save them for next years event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom