• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well guys, the apocalypse is happening.

Palutena is legit.

Also, IsmaR passed me in likes received, BKupa is tied with me in likes, and N3ON, the vile leader of the N3ON H33L5 still has more likes than me, despite hating likes... and America.

Speaking of which, I hope we get a leak where America is a playable character. Also Randall.
America 4 smash. I need photoshop skills, right now.

Edit: Maybe Shy Guy isn't deconfirmed after all.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only reason I see for them to not replace Ike; He's a unique and existing character in SSB. Other then that, I can see Intelligent Systems asking for Chrom instead so they can promote Awakening more, jut like they did with Roy for Ike's games.
Because a lowly first party that has had sales issues in the past has so much leeway with the roster of the Wii U's possibly most important game, and they should have the power to remove one of the 3 or so most popular newcomers at their discretion and add a newcomer that is nowhere near as popular and takes about 3-5 times as much money, time, effort, and balancing to add instead. :rolleyes:

I'm not even going to go into flat out wrong the idea of characters "replacing" other characters, unless we're talking like The Melee clones that aren't Young Link and Luigi getting in but not Dedede (or Wario), or Sonic in Brawl over Mewtwo (and Roy... and maybe even Dr. Mario and the rest of the "Forbidden 7"). That's not how rosters work in Smash.
America 4 smash. I need photoshop skills, right now.

Edit: Maybe Shy Guy isn't deconfirmed after all.
Wait, I don't see Toon Link anywhere. :smirk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The OP has been revised and updated, and I will be planning to add to it over the next few days, but now I'm tired and going to bed. I'll also be remaining as the OP for the time being.

Also, IsmaR passed me in likes received, BKupa is tied with me in likes, and N3ON, the vile leader of the N3ON H33L5 still has more likes than me, despite hating likes... and America.

btw John, what was the specific date of the Diddy/Dedede rumor?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought you were done posting pictures of yourself here. :smirk:
btw John, what was the specific date of the Diddy/Dedede rumor?
The day of reckoning is 2 weeks from today, March 13th, when DKC Tropical Freeze launches in Japan.

As for Dedede, the date was dead on.

The only interesting part of that rumor was the "something Dr. Mario" part. If that's true... that'd be something, lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought you were done posting pictures of yourself here. :smirk:
Clearly I missed the attention, which I why I chose my best picture this time.

The day of reckoning is 2 weeks from today, March 13th, when DKC Tropical Freeze launches in Japan.

As for Dedede, the date was dead on.

The only interesting part of that rumor was the "something Dr. Mario" part. If that's true... that'd be something, lol.
I'm sure it definitely would be something if that rumor ended up true, but I actually meant when did the rumor itself touch down, what was the date (so I can put it in the OP), not the stuff in the rumor. My bad.
You just seem like the kind of guy who would know. ;)

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Another Kid Icarus pic guys. Let the Palutena hype continue!
So basically, Sonic will have crappy priority again. Wonderful.

Though wouldn't an energy based arrow be stronger than a physical one? Why would Links arrow be stronger? And you would have to figure Pit is the more seasoned archer with better accuracy.

Also people thinking we won't have cut characters are out of their minds.You can basically throw out leaks that try to claim there are no cut characters.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Also people thinking we won't have cut characters are out of their minds.You can basically throw out leaks that try to claim there are no cut characters.
Sakurai stated that he's trying to make sure no one is cut.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2034386/super_smash_bros_sakurai_speaks.html

"However, I do believe I understand that each character has its own set of fans out there who really like that character. So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans."
"In the event"...so I wouldn't definitely say anyone's getting cut for certain.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though wouldn't an energy based arrow be stronger than a physical one? Why would Links arrow be stronger? And you would have to figure Pit is the more seasoned archer with better accuracy.
The caption says when both were fired at the same time. Link might just have the faster draw what with him using a traditional bow rather thatn Pit's fancy magic one.

Hong

The Strongest
It has nothing to do with power. It is likely draw speed or projectile speed, both which from a gameplay perspective, Link deserves over Pit for not being able to control his arrows. It's game balance; realism is irrelevant.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So basically, Sonic will have crappy priority again. Wonderful.

...all that stuff is irrelevant.

Have you ever checked out the differences between how much damage Link's arrows do compared to Pit's. Secondly, Pit's arrows stay pretty much the same speed while Link's increase the more he charges it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Obviously false "leak" Mr Prediction has been deconfirmed today, eh? Good Riddance.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If the Ice Climbers aren't announced tomorrow, I'll change my avatar to Ellen Page for all of next week. I'm 100% confident they'll be shown off tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I'm actually madly in love with Ellen Page so this isn't a negative consequence for me :troll: I just like making bets.
Ok, so I want Ellen to have Weegees face.

More Pit. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sakurai, way to throw some more wood into the fire. Mr. Prediction is done, thank goodness, and now we wait for our next leak

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Either way directs and game releases in japan are the ones we should be pointing are fingers on

By the way if a Nintendo direct is on the 27th say hello to a pokemon character

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Well, no Ice Climbers.

Also, I guess Mr. Prediction has been eliminated too. Neat.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
welp the next big leak to make or break is the translator one, and we should know fairly soon...

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Called it. And I get to keep my avatar. No character reveals today :p

Also "Mr. Predictions" was, to no one's great surprise,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom