• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Lol, I like how the people at SmashBoards can easily pluck the fake leaks in less than 2 mins.
I'm not even gonna go into the leak that still survives, and just say that I'm really impressed by that fact.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
the inkling guy has an account that has been around for a couple of years so there is that going for (against) it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It can go one of two ways. The Ice Climbers are revealed tomorrow, or just a regular pic and a Direct is announced for Friday where some other character will be shown, if any at all.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If the Ice Climbers aren't announced tomorrow, I'll change my avatar to Ellen Page for all of next week. I'm 100% confident they'll be shown off tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I'm actually madly in love with Ellen Page so this isn't a negative consequence for me :troll: I just like making bets.
I'll take you up on that bet. I'll put "Tewnleenk is smarter than I am and knows more about Smash Bros than me" if they are revealed! Not if anyone else is revealed though. If ANYONE except Ice Climbers are revealed tomorrow I'll put "I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry." as my sig! :D

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'll take you up on that bet. I'll put "Tewnleenk is smarter than I am and knows more about Smash Bros than me" if they are revealed! Not if anyone else is revealed though. If ANYONE except Ice Climbers are revealed tomorrow I'll put "I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry." as my sig! :D
Yes! Excellent! I love these bets :chuckle:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This comes from the Nintendo Meeting, points towards the date of MK8 and a Direct in the future (Excuse the translation misshaps)

(Keep up with the meeting with this live twitter https://twitter.com/gibbogame )

"In addition, deployment and specific plans for each title, for the introduction of a new title in the future, we will continue to tell through opportunities such as Nintendo Direct, but the axis of the Wii U this year, "Mario Kart 8", closing Briefing reference materials(link to a bunch of numbers and stats) I have been described as spring 2014 release in 6 page, but I decided to in May in the worldwide market. I believe that in order to make the upcoming here, "Mario Kart 8" sale would like to avoid one-shot event."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140130/02.html

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yes! Excellent! I love these bets :chuckle:
Hmm, what should I throw into the pot....
I say no Ice Climbers tomorrow. If Im wrong, Ill make my sig have Oprah (Gif) for the entire 7 days that follow, and my sig will have CD-I Mario or Link. If Im right, you must switch your avatar to Weegee or Malleo

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Hmm, what should I throw into the pot....
I say no Ice Climbers tomorrow. If Im wrong, Ill make my sig have Oprah (Gif) for the entire 7 days that follow, and my sig will have CD-I Mario or Link. If Im right, you must switch your avatar to Weegee or Malleo
I'm already changing my avatar to Ellen Page if no Ice Climbers reveal, but I'll Photoshop Weegee in there with her too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure we've successfully stomped this image into the ground by now.

Amazing how someone will ruin an at least passable looking fake leak by including such blatantly unoriginal existing character images.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I'm predicting no character reveals tomorrow. If wrong, I'll eat my words with hot sauce and change my avatar to this for a week:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Here's more proof supporting an earlier release

Paraphrased from a Blog

Answering another analyst’s question on how the company plans to return to profitability, Mr. Iwata says the DS will be the main driver for profit for the next fiscal year and the firm will focus on more efficient marketing. Expectations also high for two popular games lined up: Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.
I have a feeling they'll wanna get it out sooner rather than later.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Here's more proof supporting an earlier release

Paraphrased from a Blog

Nevertheless, in the same conference they also seemed to imply a May release for Mario Kart 8, which was originally Spring 2014. So I wouldn't say that necessarily means Smash will come out sooner.
Let's all hope I'm wrong.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Again, not holding my breath for a release earlier than December if not 2015. And on the unlikely unlikely unlikely chance it gets released much sooner than people expect (say...early summer) then we're going to see the signs of a rush release, and that never bodes well for games.

Then again I'm in a negative mood at the moment so take what I say in this post with a heap of salt.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
2015 would be way too late considering the circumstances. Nintendo probably wants that big hitter out this year for the holidays, Sakurai has gone on record to say he wants it out this year and the game will have been in development for almost three years by this winter along with a bigger team working behind it.

I feel more comfortable to say that this game will probably be out this year then it being delayed into the next.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Sakurai began development on SSB4 right after Uprising was released, this game has been in development since March 23, 2012. I don't have any doubts about it being released this year.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The way I see it, I can imagine a summer release of Smash Bros for the Wii U (August maybe?) followed by a release of Smash Bros for the 3DS later in the year (October/November)

Reason being that 3DS has more third party support and as a result pushes out more titles, the 3DS version probably has more focus on single player elements (since it's a portable and not everyone will have wi-fi all the time), more focus on customization, and, like Pokemon Bank, Smash going wi-fi on the 3DS with such a huge install base (particularly in Japan) will be potentially heavy on their networks and they'll need some time to brace for that.

Also, there's a lot of people who now plan on buying only the 3DS version. Have Smash 4 out for a couple months, I bet many of them cave and get the Wii U so they don't fall behind competitively in the new metagame. It also prevents the 3DS version from stepping in the toes of the Wii U version ("MOM! I want the new Smash Bros.!" "OH, but it's so expensive ... here, what if you just get the cheaper version for your DS?")

Hong

The Strongest
The way I see it, I can imagine a summer release of Smash Bros for the Wii U (August maybe?) followed by a release of Smash Bros for the 3DS later in the year (October/November)
This would make it at least a plausible proposition. Even then, they better have solid IT infrastructure so they can be ready to provide product support, because people are going to undoubtedly find bugs and ways to break it in like a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom