• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm pretty sure we've successfully stomped this image into the ground by now.

Amazing how someone will ruin an at least passable looking fake leak by including such blatantly unoriginal existing character images.
It's not just that...

Those Player Buttons...

absolutelydisgusting.jpeg

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not just that...

Those Player Buttons...

absolutelydisgusting.jpeg
What are you talking about, they're totally triple-A, system seller, two-years-of-development quality. :troll:

If Sakurai began development on SSB4 right after Uprising was released, this game has been in development since March 23, 2012. I don't have any doubts about it being released this year.
Plus I'm sure Nintendo will make it of the highest priority to release a game as crucial as Smash on a system floundering as badly as the Wii U before it's "too late".

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Plus I'm sure Nintendo will make it of the highest priority to release a game as crucial as Smash on a system floundering as badly as the Wii U before it's "too late".
Precisely. This game is one of the games that has the possibility to lift the Wii U out of the depths of poor sales. This, and quite a few others. They'll get it out as soon as they can. If they release it in 2015, that'll just make the Wii U's sales worse. Also, why are you guys already so negative? This is literally the first month of the year. We have 11 more to go.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I am personally hoping for a SSB4WiiU release for summer 2014 and SSB3DS more later into holiday 2014. Having MK8 for spring and Smash for summer would most definitely drive Wii U sales up.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, I can imagine a summer release of Smash Bros for the Wii U (August maybe?) followed by a release of Smash Bros for the 3DS later in the year (October/November)

Reason being that 3DS has more third party support and as a result pushes out more titles, the 3DS version probably has more focus on single player elements (since it's a portable and not everyone will have wi-fi all the time), more focus on customization, and, like Pokemon Bank, Smash going wi-fi on the 3DS with such a huge install base (particularly in Japan) will be potentially heavy on their networks and they'll need some time to brace for that.

Also, there's a lot of people who now plan on buying only the 3DS version. Have Smash 4 out for a couple months, I bet many of them cave and get the Wii U so they don't fall behind competitively in the new metagame. It also prevents the 3DS version from stepping in the toes of the Wii U version ("MOM! I want the new Smash Bros.!" "OH, but it's so expensive ... here, what if you just get the cheaper version for your DS?")
I don't exactly agree with the specific months you chose, but you make some amazing guess here dude. Top notch analysis.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it the Dojo was so much better and so much more hype. Remember the music updates?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Found more of this.
Hello again, I am back to reveal to you more information about Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS. I will explain to you the changes made to some of the veteran characters who have not been shown yet officially.

The first character I have to talk about is Yoshi, he is returning to the fight by himself again, but he has received a few tweaks that help him to do better this time. His Egg Throw move has been altered slightly, as the eggs now continue flying until they hit something, rather than popping at set distances in the air, the aiming also seems to have been changed, as I have seen him throwing eggs backwards. Yoshi's Egg Roll ability is mostly the same as before, but it won't leave him in the helpless state when used in the air. His Egg Lay and Yoshi Bomb moves still function the same as before, though if he uses Egg Throw near an opponent who has been trapped in an egg, he will toss that egg instead, from what I have seen, the movement of the thrown egg varies by the weight and damage percentage of the opponent. One of the aesthetic changes to Yoshi is that the eggs he uses for his moves now match the color of the Yoshi chosen.

Ganondorf is the character with the most changes, many of his regular attacks now use his sword, though he still kicks for some of his attacks. His new normal special is the Dead Man's Volley, it controls similarly to Din's Fire, but it can only be charged while Ganondorf still holds it. The attack can also be reflected back, not only by reflectors, but stronger attacks as well, this can lead to the attack flying back and forth for a while. His up special now has more range and control, and is faster than previously, it is almost like a great leap. His side special has slightly more range in the air, and his down special now makes a small quake when it hits the ground from the air.

Next is Diddy Kong, I didn't notice many changes at first, his specials all seem to work just as they did before and most of his regular attacks are the same. I only noticed a new tail attack that seemed to be his forward tilt.

Falco had a very unique change, his side special and up special have been combined somewhat, his recovery is now the Falco Phantasm, but it can be angled in any direction and has a few properties of his previous recovery. Falco's new side special is a powerful grenade, he can only throw one at a time. Even if the explosion does not hit an opponent, the flash from it will cause anyone close enough to flinch. His blaster has the same properties as before, but he can now use two blasters for a faster fire rate at the cost of power.

The Ice Climbers return with the same moveset, but there was one big change regarding the solo Popo, when he uses Belay he throws a grapple that has a slightly shorter distance than if he had thrown Nana instead.

One of the more minor changes I noticed is that Captain Falcon's punch is a bit faster than before, I'm not sure if it's any less powerful because of this though.

Characters with no notable changes include: Lucario, Ike, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch.

Characters that were absent: Wolf, Wario, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucas, R.O.B. (Please note that none of these characters have been cut that I know of, I remember Sakurai mentioning that they were still being worked on.)

Lastly, Snake does return, and his moveset looks unchanged for the most part. I did not see much of him, but I noted that all of his specials are the same as before, though I think I saw him take out as many as three grenades at a time now, but I may have miscounted during the action. He also seems to throw the grenades differently this time, but that is just what I noticed about the animation.

I will once again return with more information when I can, it has been risky to do this lately as someone else here has leaked images of Lady Palutena, Sakurai was very upset about this and we have been given more restrictions until he finds the person responsible.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is the character with the most changes, many of his regular attacks now use his sword, though he still kicks for some of his attacks. His new normal special is the Dead Man's Volley, it controls similarly to Din's Fire, but it can only be charged while Ganondorf still holds it. The attack can also be reflected back, not only by reflectors, but stronger attacks as well, this can lead to the attack flying back and forth for a while. His up special now has more range and control, and is faster than previously, it is almost like a great leap. His side special has slightly more range in the air, and his down special now makes a small quake when it hits the ground from the air.
I wish. I so wish...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's the same guy who talked about the four revealed newcomers, I imagine. But yeah, I don't see that on GameFAQs...

D

Deleted member

Sounds good, but too good to be true.

The last paragraph makes the whole thing rather sketchy. If Sakurai is upset over the Palutena images and has made restrictions until the leaker is discovered, why would someone else be risking their job by leaking more information?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

The last paragraph makes the whole thing rather sketchy. If Sakurai is upset over the Palutena images and has made restrictions until the leaker is discovered, why would someone else be risking their job by leaking more information?
Someone decided to YOLO at a really bad time? I typically don't believe anything written in words; there has to be proof.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Maybe its just the same guy, and he was just all like **** it I'm leaking everything. They probably weren't allowed to bring in cell phones and the whatnot because cameras.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
The thing about Palutena at the end makes it even less believable haha. Trying too hard imo.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Characters that were absent: Wolf, Wario, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucas, R.O.B. (Please note that none of these characters have been cut that I know of, I remember Sakurai mentioning that they were still being worked on.)
Thank Christ he ****ing said that.

I almost stopped reading there.

MK, Wario and Jigglypuff will not get cut (Jiggs is a little on the fence.)

The other four are slightly more at risk.

Either way, that leak is bull****.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
To be honest, I'm extremely happy Mr. Prediction was wrong. So many people thought his leaks were awesome.... and they were for the most part, but there was one thing that I dreaded above all else.... he said Chrom would replace Ike.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A rule of thumb, any leak that claims to have insight into what Sakurai himself is doing is almost certainly false.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
To be honest, I'm extremely happy Mr. Prediction was wrong. So many people thought his leaks were awesome.... and they were for the most part, but there was one thing that I dreaded above all else.... he said Chrom would replace Ike.
If that's your fear, I suppose I shouldn't speak to you too much, since I personally have found that could very well happen.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If that's your fear, I suppose I shouldn't speak to you too much, since I personally have found that could very well happen.
Yeah, it's such a big fear of mine. When I lie in bed, I dread going to sleep because I know I'll have nightmares of Chrom replacing Ike. Just dreaming about such a scenario makes me jolt out of bed and scream hysterically for my parents.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's such a big fear of mine. When I lie in bed, I dread going to sleep because I know I'll have nightmares of Chrom replacing Ike. Just dreaming about such a scenario makes me jolt out of bed and scream hysterically for my parents.
don't worry we will be here to comfort you.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
The only reason I see for them to not replace Ike; He's a unique and existing character in SSB. Other then that, I can see Intelligent Systems asking for Chrom instead so they can promote Awakening more, jut like they did with Roy for Ike's games.

Their apparent character choices for SSB;

Marth Lowell because he's the main character.
A new guy for advertising.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The only reason I see for them to not replace Ike; He's a unique and existing character in SSB. Other then that, I can see Intelligent Systems asking for Chrom instead so they can promote Awakening more, jut like they did with Roy for Ike's games.

Their apparent character choices for SSB;

Marth Lowell because he's the main character.
A new guy for advertising.
Yes but Ike is the only other lord besides Marth who starred in more than one game. He's also loved by FE fans, and was for sure a fan favorite in Brawl. Plus, I think FE fans in general have a more sentimental connection with Ike than Chrom. The player could relate to Ike and feel his emotions. If Ike is cut, the backlash would be harsh.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

One thing I can pick out of todays PotD: Notice that Pit is holding his bow the exact same was as Palutena is holding her staff. Both have their middle and index finger extended.

Edit: Note that Pit did not have this hand posture before:

Edit 2: Pit did this in Brawl. Still, such a small thing for a "faker" to notice, if the leak isn't real.

Last edited:

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice

One thing I can pick out of todays PotD: Notice that Pit is holding his bow the exact same was as Palutena is holding her staff. Both have their middle and index finger extended.

Edit: Note that Pit did not have this hand posture before:
He probably poses differently when in the air. The screenshot that was made today is his pose when he fires on foot.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
He probably poses differently when in the air. The screenshot that was made today is his pose when he fires on foot.
Ya, looking at it I'm sure it does. I'm just using this as fuel to show that a tiny feature in the leak is consistent with Pits current stance (Her extended fingers were used to try to debunk the images as they implied a "photoshop oversight")

Edit: I'm unsure if pit did this in Brawl

Yes, Pit did do this in Brawl, so it may be nothing. Still, such a small thing for a "faker" to notice, if the leak isnt real.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually, remember some of the previous pics when Sakurai said something along the lines of "things are subject to change before the final product"? Remember the capsules now being fat? That 3DS Pit pic was prior to the recent change. This pic from November 1st explains what I mean.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Just updated Bkupa's original "Killable By" post

Did I happen to miss any leaks?
The "ThreePostRoster" leak is absent...

Also, there's a lot of people who now plan on buying only the 3DS version. Have Smash 4 out for a couple months, I bet many of them cave and get the Wii U so they don't fall behind competitively in the new metagame. It also prevents the 3DS version from stepping in the toes of the Wii U version ("MOM! I want the new Smash Bros.!" "OH, but it's so expensive ... here, what if you just get the cheaper version for your DS?")

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Actually, remember some of the previous pics when Sakurai said something along the lines of "things are subject to change before the final product"? Remember the capsules now being fat? That 3DS Pit pic was prior to the recent change. This pic from November 1st explains what I mean.

Oh I didn't notice this image either. I guess he did extend his fingers like this. It is a nice feature to his stance, and im glad palutena does the same.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Geez guys. believe the Palutena image is real but you guys do realize that Pit's stance has nothing to do with her. This is getting out of hand. The lack of info is driving everyone insane. There are many different stances and techniques in the world of archery. Again it has nothing to do with holding a staff or Palutena. The most likely reason for her fingers out like that is because the image was probably taken during her taunt or some other simple explanation that doesn't delve into conspiracy.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think that's the case.

If you make your window smaller on the site, the character tiles just re-arrange themselves automatically, even out of order.

That's not necessarily meaningful. All websites have their contents rearranged if the frames become too small (very few websites dynamically shrink the contents if the page is shrunk).

Plus, on my webpage, it still has only 3 on a line no matter what side the page becomes.

if anything, the main reason my argument about threes is invalid is that marth apparently came before rosalina. I'm unsure how the webpage looked like before rosalina, but I can assume he stacked onto another row and then rosalina was placed below him.

If that's the case, it at least seems he doesn't WANT to stray far from this 3 multiple system. aka, if you had 2 reveals and then a newcomer, it'd be weird to suddenly place it under the last two revealed characters

to prove this, with marth, he might have been a filler so that the reveal could coincide with nintendo direct. (without him, it would have been like 70ish days without a character update). with rosalina specifically before marth, he'd have to reveal another new character at nintendo direct or have marth revealed around nintendo direct's time.

but if rosalina was wanted to be revealed with nintendo direct, perhaps, this was the only possible solution. as in, "im gunna reveal a character every 20ish days, and oh look i'll reveal rosalina during nintendo direct. But wait, she's a newcomer, meaning she must get a banner. well I cant put it on top of an unfilled row, so i'll put it underneath."

and her placement was only a willy nilly decision

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well guys, the apocalypse is happening.

Palutena is legit.

Also, IsmaR passed me in likes received, BKupa is tied with me in likes, and N3ON, the vile leader of the N3ON H33L5 still has more likes than me, despite hating likes... and America.

Speaking of which, I hope we get a leak where America is a playable character. Also Randall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom