• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, I don't think anymore 3rd Party characters will be in it. And Namco won't get any special tretment just because they are working on the game. But it could happen, I guess. Also, have I posted too much, considering you've been here as long as I have, and I have 4 times the posts you do?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
First we got the picture of Viridi. Then the statue of Lady Palutena. Now a picture of Pit, who we haven't seen in pictures since that Yellow Devil update.

Interesting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did we get anything new? Or did just some old ones that got debunked? Other than the "Mr. Prediction" "leak" that is. Either one would be interesting, to me anyway.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't think anymore 3rd Party characters will be in it. And Namco won't get any special tretment just because they are working on the game. But it could happen, I guess. Also, have I posted too much, considering you've been here as long as I have, and I have 4 times the posts you do?
Not really no, i just dont post a lot. I follow up and read everything on here, i just dont bother to post. Lol

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
As I think about it, a lot of the major rumors that are believed by many are the one's that are mostly likely to be fake. I'm sure there are a couple of true leaks that did get out but people will quickly dismiss them because they don't have those 6 characters "everybody" wants the one's that don't necessarily sound dumb but induce fear are probably the most likely (or even true) of the bunch. No false leaker has been able to successfully recreate a roster that is half unremarkable in terms of characters. It's either really stupid stuff or stuff people want.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
As I think about it, a lot of the major rumors that are believed by many are the one's that are mostly likely to be fake.
Ironically, most people were skeptical of the Palutena leak, which hasn't been debunked.

Oh, sweet Internet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it funny how almost none of these leaks mention items. Other than Assist characters. You don't even hear about new Pokeball Summons. It's also rare for them to talk about stages, but that's a little more understandable. It's almost always the roster. Which is the most interesting, but it shouldn't the only information that these "leakers" should have access to. Especially those that pretend to be play testers. Wouldn't they have to try out certain things like that? Just thinking out loud.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Hades/Dark Pit confirmed.
As much of a joke as that is, and as awful as it would actually be, I could absolutely see Sakurai adding Dark Pit as an unlockable clone. The ultimate insult to KI fans.

I would love Hades to be playable though...

Also, on the translator leak, I can't believe anyone is taking it seriously. Sure it's probably the best "leak" roster that we've seen (especially since so many people are continually losing hope for K. Rool and Ridley), but his story was that HE JUST BULLIED SAKURAI PERSONALLY INTO TELLING HIM EVERYTHING!

Not to mention the roster is way too good to be true and doesn't have Takamaru, who is practically guaranteed.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
As much of a joke as that is, and as awful as it would actually be, I could absolutely see Sakurai adding Dark Pit as an unlockable clone. The ultimate insult to KI fans.

I would love Hades to be playable though...

Also, on the translator leak, I can't believe anyone is taking it seriously. Sure it's probably the best "leak" roster that we've seen (especially since so many people are continually losing hope for K. Rool and Ridley), but his story was that HE JUST BULLIED SAKURAI PERSONALLY INTO TELLING HIM EVERYTHING!

Not to mention the roster is way too good to be true and doesn't have Takamaru, who is practically guaranteed.
Why is Takamaru practically guaranteed? I remember people saying that about a bunch of characters in Brawl who never got in. Is there some kind of evidence for it, or is it speculation?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Why is Takamaru practically guaranteed? I remember people saying that about a bunch of characters in Brawl who never got in. Is there some kind of evidence for it, or is it speculation?
There's a Takamaru Ninja Castle game in NintendoLand for Wii U. That's all I can think of.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I had never acutally herad of Takmaru prior to the Smash 4 discussions...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I don't see any character as a shoe-in. Especially if its a retro character. I don't really see any reason to believe any leak. Even the E3 one got a few things wrong. This "translator leak" so far does nothing for me. It doesn't change my stances on Ridley or K.Rool. I see them both still as potential characters, just that they aren't locks.

And I sure as hell don't use leaks as hope. The lack of Takamaru proves nothing either. No matter how good a leak's roster is to most people, I can't see it as true, not until we see any form of substantial proof for me to think otherwise.

So I'm only going to give any thought to the leaks that managed to prove something meaningful.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Takamaru is pretty much the poster boy for retro Nintendo games at this point. Mostly because everyone else is either in, or at least has something somewhat recent (Lil' Mac).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well, it looks like no Direct for January, which in turn most likely means no newcomer. I guess there's a chance for a random veteran tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
From a marketing perspective, it would be absolute insanity not to include him in the game. Let's look at the signs.

1. Nintendoland has a minigame called Takamaru's Ninja Castle. This alone proves that Nintendo has plans to bring back the Mysterious Murasame Castle franchise in some regard. They realize the potential that a new series has.

2. Sakurai said in an interview that he would give the "Kid Icarus Treatment" to another character. Granted, the quote and the translation in this interview are fairly dubious, but you can infer that he does have plans to bring back at least one retro character.

3. Platinum Games has expressed interest in making a Mysterious Murasame Castle game before, and we do know that Sakurai has been to their offices while preparing for Smash 4 (which lead many people to just assume that Bayonetta or Wonder Red would make the roster). However, it would stand to reason that he sat down with them to discuss Takamaru's appearance and playstyle so that a potential Smash incarnation would match their incarnation when they resurrect the series. (This, of course, is simply speculation, but there would be few better companies to make a new MMC game than Platinum).

Now logically, if Nintendo does plan to bring back the Mysterious Murasame Castle franchise, it would be a colossal waste of an opportunity to not include Takamaru to introduce the character to a massive audience before the new game begins development. Brand awareness is huge. It wouldn't even be a case of executive meddling, since Sakurai has actually wanted Takamaru to be playable in Smash.

Granted, Nintendo's marketing team is notoriously bad, so maybe they'd let an opportunity like this pass them by, and Sakurai for whatever reason could not take the opportunity to add Takamaru when he now has a legitimate excuse to. However, the marketer in me doesn't see any way that Takamaru doesn't make it into Smash 4.

Edit: Also, the only practically guaranteed characters for Brawl (in the pre-Brawl days) were Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Olimar.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If a leak claims to have a Mii in the roster, I automatically assume it's fake, Sakurai said he'd only add in Miis if it was a casual game.
I'm fairly certain he hasn't said anything like that. Even then Sakurai doesn't view Smash Bros as a hardcore fighter, and it really isn't, it is primarily being played casually by the majority of Smash players.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
From a marketing perspective, it would be absolute insanity not to include him in the game. Let's look at the signs.
Huh, that's the most compelling layout of Takamaru's chances that I've seen. Nicely done, Hoots.

D

Deleted member

Looking at that older post about a Sakurai AT that makes other players trip, I'll do you one better:

Sakurai pulls a Kamiya and includes a "Wonder Director" like character of himself as the last unlockable character.

EDIT: It will be called "Wonder Entertainer", and it will be designed by Kamiya himself.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I doubt that Miis will be there too. I hate if they appear.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't even realize what thread I'm on half the time since everyone is so often off topic.

Here's a leek

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Don't know how exactly a revival of the Nazo no Muramase Jou will go. I don't know what kind of direction it will go to, Kid Icarus has went from an action platformer to a action shooter game that multiple anime shorts. What would this franchise bring as a result of Sakurai adding the samurai? I could easily see the potential for the game For the Frog the Bell Tolls, possibly having an anime for kids with it's cartoonish art style and lovable characters. Would Takamaru go to the Dynasty Warriors direction, or action adventure game?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Clearly I missed the attention, which I why I chose my best picture this time.
HAHA!!! YOUR LOGIC IS OUT!!!! I WIN!!!!!
I'm sure it definitely would be something if that rumor ended up true, but I actually meant when did the rumor itself touch down, what was the date (so I can put it in the OP), not the stuff in the rumor. My bad.
You just seem like the kind of guy who would know. ;)
Shhh... also, the other rumor with Diddy teaming with Dixie hinges on that update. If that's confirmed, well... it's looking like we got our roster.
By the way if a Nintendo direct is on the 27th say hello to a pokemon character
I think we're probably not gonna get a Direct until next month. We'll also likely get one in April after Nintendo's Financial Period ends and their financial future is properly planned.

So far the only thing I've been right with characters is it appears all the veterans (plus Mewtwo) will return, Mega Man will be playable, I was split on the Villager (although I went against him), and we'd have at least 3 WTF characters (we already got 2 and kinda sorta a 3rd in the Villager).

But more important than that, I was right on the time of the 2nd newcomer reveal (late November/early December), and I called that out years ago, lol.

So yeah, a February-April Direct confirming either a big returning veteran (Snake, a Melee cut, or Diddy now with Dixie) or a newcomer is what I predict next.
laughing cause you still believe text leaks.
I wouldn't put my faith into any single one of them blindly, but pre-Brawl there were 3 real leaks, and pre-Melee there was 1. I mean, it's all but confirmed we're getting true leaks. The E3 rumor at the very least got 3 characters right, and either has 1- 3 characters that were mentioned as a troll move, and/or 1-3 characters that are in the game.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Well, it looks like no Direct for January, which in turn most likely means no newcomer. I guess there's a chance for a random veteran tomorrow, but I doubt it.
Well, that'd make sense. The big Nintendo Directs with Smash Bros reveals and such come every other month it seems.

June - Trailer + WFT/Villager/MM
August - Luigi
October - Sonic
December - Rosalina
February - Hmm....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really hope Nazo no Murasame doesn't turn into the generic 3D hack and slash that has become overabundant.
Especially as far as adaptations go.

I still can't forgive how they ruined Ninja Gaiden's fast-reaction based platformey gameplay.

Or how boring the adaptation of Nazo no Murasame in Samurai Warriors 3 became toe me due to the new hack&slash nature, when the former game was all about throwing shurikens, magic, and 1-hit kills from close range. (Though to be fair, it was a Samurai Warriors game with Takamaru in it. Wouldn't expect him to play any different just as I wouldn't have to expect Link to play just like the Link of any console Zelda game in Soul Calibur 2)

I just don't like it when so many games try to be Devil May Cry. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom