• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
God damn, some people are just so convinced that every leak they see is false to the point where, even if there's nothing too terribly wrong with one, they'll invent reasons not to consider it. See the E3 Leak or the Palutena pics for more on the subject.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
God damn, some people are just so convinced that every leak they see is false to the point where, even if there's nothing too terribly wrong with one, they'll invent reasons not to consider it. See the E3 Leak or the Palutena pics for more on the subject.
I'm just skeptical. That's all...

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I'm still assuming the E3 leak is just one big coincidence, if Miis or Pacman or Little mac and/or whoever else was guessed is confirmed, then whatever, I'm just standing by my "I never believe text leaks" and that's that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The thing that makes that leak still credible was that it included Wii Fit Trainer. Who could've guessed she would be playable?
I've heard of thousands of Nintendo characters in regards to Smash speculation. I didn't even know the Wii Fit Trainer is a character or a thing at all. Someone made a list of roughly 5,000 to 10,000 Nintendo characters that could be in Smash 4 in some capacity; the Wii Fit Trainer wasn't even on that.

I don't think in the pre-E3 trailer discussions the Wii Fit Trainer was ever brought up once in regards to Smash 4 on Smash Boards or GameFAQs (san the person who "guessed" it and the person who verified it, the latter on GameFAQs also leaked the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom3 roster before anyone else), including as even a sticker or trophy.
Wii Fit Trainer was already a hard sale; combining Villager and even Mega Man (not to say he was hard to believe as well, but to correctly "guess" him ALONG with the other two)? That's more than coincidence. At least how I see it.
Exactly. This rumor could end up being true but a lie. I mean, he had to know those 3 were in the game. The other 3 could be legitimate guesses and trolling, but those 3 were definitely legit.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I'm still assuming the E3 leak is just one big coincidence, if Miis or Pacman or Little mac and/or whoever else was guessed is confirmed, then whatever, I'm just standing by my "I never believe text leaks" and that's that.
Again I can't stress enough how serious gaf is about fakers. I've been lurking there since 06 and I've been a member since 2010. I don't think I've ever seen someone claim to be a leaker who wasn't and didn't get immediately banned. Sal Romano has had a Gaf account for awhile and he's also an editor on a gaming website. It would not be in his best interest as a poster, or an editor to be lying about this stuff. He said that a legitimate source leaked this information to him so there is no room for coincidence. He is either lying, or he's telling the truth

Secondly that rule is a little harsh because ChaosZero leaked Brawl information (all text) and the guy who confirmed Sal Romano's information leaked the entire character list of Marvel vs Capcom 3 on gamefaqs. At the end of the day though I can understand you wanting to be on the safe side of things.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
2. I guess that meant that Villager was playable in Brawl then because of the Smashville stage.
The Villager isn't nearly as popular or well known as Miis.
3. They're not a character, they're an online avatar for yourself like many other things.
No, they're a character... and a online and offline avatar.
I couldn't find the interview in which Sakurai said he wouldn't add miis, because I just keep getting the Palutena leak for some reason, stupid Google, but I found this http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/wiiparty/0/1
Not Sakurai. Also, Sakurai said that the Villager wasn't a fighter in his Brawl Iwata Asks. Funny how that happened.
I'm just standing by my "I never believe text leaks" and that's that.
Well then that makes you a fool, given that the Melee was entirely leaked early by 1 source, and Brawl had 3 hugely legit leaks that confirmed every major detail but the stage 75M.

If you don't think "text leaks" can be true, you simply have no idea what you are dealing with. Smash Bros. is so prone to leaks, it is laughable. Like 3 different studios at Namco Bandai at the least, SORA, HAL Laboratories, Game Freak, the Pokémon Company, Capcom, SEGA, probably Konami, possibly Monolith Soft, etc. are all involved with the game. If you don't think they'll have leaks again, you're nuts.

The only non "text leaks" we've had were Miyamoto accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Melee, the intro to Melee and Brawl having playable characters in them, the accidental video leaking by Nintendo for Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, Anouma accidentally leaking Ganondorf, Sheik, and Zelda, and David Hayter accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wasn't the DKC:TF suppose to be revealed at E3 2012?
Remember the Retro game that was scrapped off the conference last minute?
I think it indicates that not everything will be revealed in E3.
Very true, but we have to remember that leaks can be accurate, but that changes can still made after the leak.

Last year Halo 5 supposedly swapped in to replace Assassins' Creed IV or a unannounced Price of a Persia title.

On top of that, what if Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis were/are planned for E3 2014=??? Wouldn't that confirm the rumor as legit=???
@ Johnknight1 Johnknight1

Exactly. WFT was so unlikely.
It was so "WTF?" I seriously thought Sakurai invented a character the 1st few minutes. Someone had to explain to me what she is.
But my favorite game in the series, Melee Debug Menu... Sandbag was my main!
I main Brinstar Depths in Melee. Only scrubs play the Sandbag! :p

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Well then that makes you a fool, given that the Melee was entirely leaked early by 1 source, and Brawl had 3 hugely legit leaks that confirmed every major detail but the stage 75M.

If you don't think "text leaks" can be true, you simply have no idea what you are dealing with. Smash Bros. is so prone to leaks, it is laughable. Like 3 different studios at Namco Bandai at the least, SORA, HAL Laboratories, Game Freak, the Pokémon Company, Capcom, SEGA, probably Konami, possibly Monolith Soft, etc. are all involved with the game. If you don't think they'll have leaks again, you're nuts.

The only non "text leaks" we've had were Miyamoto accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Melee, the intro to Melee and Brawl having playable characters in them, the accidental video leaking by Nintendo for Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, Anouma accidentally leaking Ganondorf, Sheik, and Zelda, and David Hayter accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Brawl.
Excuse ****ing me? I'm a fool for not believing leaks that nearly anyone could make up?

Edit: And before you start slapping me with the same fish, I mean text leaks in general, not just the E3 one specifically.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't believe anything but things that are already facts.

In other words, rumors and "leaks" are silly to me.

Besides the Palutena one but y'know.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Due to the nature of the E3 leak, it's highly unlikely he guessed the initial three. WFT is a hard guess to make (not impossible, but still) and Villager had some doubts, combine them together along with Megaman and it looks like he knew his stuff.

The only problem is with the other three. Since they are not revealed yet, it's entirely possible for him to have either been mistaken or flat out lied about that part (I'm more leaning towards the former though considering CAW Evolution's comment on it). Having said that, they're not unlikely to get in the game anyway so regardless of that circumstance, I wouldn't be surprised if we got them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Excuse ****ing me? I'm a fool for not believing leaks that nearly anyone could make up?
A made up (and ultimately mostly correct) leak containing the likes of Wii Fit Trainer is a totally different creature than say a leak that says Rosalina is playable, but also contains such predictable things as Waluigi, Palutena, etc.

One simply just can't make up and get Wii Fit Trainer right.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A made up (and ultimately mostly correct) leak containing the likes of Wii Fit Trainer is a totally different creature than say a leak that says Rosalina is playable, but also contains such predictable things as Waluigi, Palutena, etc.

One simply just can't make up and get Wii Fit Trainer right.
As if there's a 0% chance of that happening. :troll:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its always possible they knew the leak of WFT, Megaman, and Villager, but then decided to troll and make up the next three themselves.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
At this point I'm so tired of talking about Palutena, Pac Man, Mii, and Little Mac that Sakurai should just reveal the ****ers already.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Its always possible they knew the leak of WFT, Megaman, and Villager, but then decided to troll and make up the next three themselves.
No one is denying this. There are approximately a million different things that could happen with Little Mac, Pacman, and the Mii from this point forward. Point still stands that, at the very least, Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were legitimately leaked. Basically, what Golden's been saying for a while now.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
With Palutena and Sakurai posting Kid Icarus stuff, there's always a chance that it's just coincidence.

Think Sakurai knows about the "leak" though?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why would gaming sites troll their readers, seems like a bad idea to do that, because it will just make the website less reliable.

Personally, I don't want Mii to be revealed at all. Ever :grrr:
Ok, Sakurai will just not tell that Miis are playable, and when people buy and start up Smash 4, people will see the roster slot of the oh-so generic abonimations that is Miis. :troll:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'dd add Lucario and Sonic (the latter after Snake was confirmed at least). Also, was some little iffiness on Meta Knight and Pit before the reveal trailer, but not a ton.
I was going to include Lucario and Sonic, but I figured I'd play it safe since I thought that they were an iota less guaranteed than the others, although both of them were also essentially sure bets once we got into the Dojo days.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Sorry folks, but I'm starting to believe the Palutena 'leak' is fake. Of course she can and could still be playable, but I think the statue could disprove the particular 3DS images we've seen.

It's not the decorations or face or hair or whatever, I think it's....her staff. Look:

Her staff design in Uprising and Brawl actually differ, when you compare the two. The length of it in Brawl is shorter and the top is smaller and more blockier. The staff in Uprising is longer and the top of it is bigger, rounder, and curvier.

As you can see, the 'leaked' images is using the Brawl design, while the statue on the KI stage is using the Uprising design. It just seems so strangely inconsistent of Sakurai to revert back to an old design of her when Pit has been updated to his Uprising incarnation, and especially when a background element of her is using the latest design. I dunno.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sorry folks, but I'm starting to believe the Palutena 'leak' is fake. Of course she can and could still be playable, but I think the statue could disprove the particular 3DS images we've seen.

It's not the decorations or face or hair or whatever, I think it's....her staff. Look:

Her staff design in Uprising and Brawl actually differ, when you compare the two. The length of it in Brawl is shorter and the top is smaller and more blockier. The staff in Uprising is longer and the top of it is bigger, rounder, and curvier.

As you can see, the 'leaked' images is using the Brawl design, while the statue on the KI stage is using the Uprising design. It just seems so strangely inconsistent of Sakurai to revert back to an old design of her when Pit has been updated to his Uprising incarnation, and especially when a background element of her is using the latest design. I dunno.
...Interesting...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I have highlighted the most important part of your statement. No one knows for sure, and won't until Palutena is officially revealed.

Though I have to say, her staff being modified so as to be more combat-friendly is a perfectly reasonable possibility.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Did you factor the part where to possible leaked images is from the 3DS game and the Palutena's Temple stage is from the Wii U game?

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

I don't see it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I see some slight differences in the staff, but I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. Is it the actual length of the staff or the way the staff is designed?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would agree with Sakurai just playing along with the Palutena leak if he only posted that one pic with Viridi right after the fact and nothing else, but 3 out of the past 6 had something Kid Icarus related, with one of them being a NEW WII U STAGE FEATURING A PALUTENA STATUE.

Clearly there is more to this leak, otherwise why would Sakurai continuously troll us about it? He's a tease, but not a monster.

...Right?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I see some slight differences in the staff, but I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. Is it the actual length of the staff or the way the staff is designed?
I don't really see size as an issue for this. I mean, things get resized a lot in games. Having that huge staff while fighting does seem a bit awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom