• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

SSB Headcanons - Ultimate Edition

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mario and Dr. Mario are twins.
(Mario likes to call his twin "Malleo" whom Dr. Mario doesn't mind.)

K. Rool gets along pretty well with Dedede with the duo having their own sitcom show.

Kirby is Dedede's adopted son.
(K. Rool babysits him sometimes when Dedede's busy.)

Donkey and Diddy were unsure of K. Rool after he stopped doing evil schemes but they became great friends.
(On top of that, the trio were excited about Banjo and Kazooie arriving for the first time.)

Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer sometimes train or exercise with each other.

Ganondorf is pretty much like a grumpy neighbour who tells you to get off his lawn.

Rathalos despise being a wyvern, he's like a big friendly dog.

Waluigi wants to be a fighter instead of assist, but Master Hand refuses to let him be one.
(Waluigi always wants to fight on the battlefield.)

Peach sometimes has tea parties with the other females and males too.

Cloud has the smallest room he lives in and is sometimes lonely.
(A reference to Final Fantasy having not much representation, a single stage with 2 songs and 2 spirits.)

The Heroes are a fan of D&D and lets the other fighters join in.

Incineroar acts like a cat sometimes, for example hissing at Isabelle or Duck Hunt and stealing Snake's box to sit in.

Lucas looks up to Rosalina as his foster mom.

Pit and Dark Pit are sometimes nervous or uncomfortable around Bayonetta.
(Because she has a history of killing angels.)

Min-Min runs a restaurant with Chinese food.
(Captain Falcon and Kirby assist her sometimes.)

The villains have a club of their own, K. Rool and Dedede were kicked out.
(Dedede for being a good guy and K. Rool being friends with Donkey and Diddy.)

After Kirby saved everyone in World of Light, all of the fighters and assists threw a big party for him with the puffball receiving the biggest group hug from them.
(This was before the DLC fighters came.)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Whenever people show up in their alternate outfits, :ultbowser: just assumes that they're completely different people. He just explains that's how it is where he's from where green overalls Mario and orange dress Peach are different people than Mario and Peach.

You can tell when :ultcloud: is moody and having a bad day because he'll be wearing his Advent Children clothes.

:ultroy2: keeps trying to sneak into the Fire Emblem group and keeps saying "that joke never gets old."

:ultwendy: tends to throw temper tantrums because the other girls don't invite her to things. Really most of them don't like her.

:ultzss: keeps wondering why she's constantly called into battle before she finishes getting dressed.

The gender swapped Fire Emblem characters :ultrobin:&:ultrobinf:, :ultbyleth:&:ultbylethf:, :ultcorrin:&:ultcorrinf: are twins. (Lot of twins in the Fire Emblem world)

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultmorton::ultiggy::ultlarry::ultludwig::ultlemmy::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultkirby::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultjoker::ultjigglypuff::ultisabelle::ultinklingboy::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultness::ultgnw::ultminmin:ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultfalcon: is secretly depressed on the inside. When in front of others he always puts on a smile and tackles every problem with exuberance but deep down he wants to race again.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
There's a club conformed by counterparts of characters with the following members:
:ultdarksamus::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultike: [R.D.]
:ultdarkpit::ultrobinf::ultlittlemac:[Wireframe]:ultwiifittrainerm::ultcorrin::ultbylethf:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
:ulthero2:'s teeth look unhealthy, but they're actually snow-white and needle-sharp. He IS part Dragovian, after all.

Rie Sonomura

octo babs for smash pls and thank u sakurai
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultfalcon: And :ultlucina: eventually get engaged and adopt :ultyounglink: and the Octoling Girl, naming her Bridgett.

also friendly reminder to please check out this thread’s sister thread,Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition. Please it could use some love...

Oracle Link

Smash Lord
I dont know if this count but
isnt really OOT Link (i hope) instead he is just a Part of him (memorys etc) and Tp Link is actually a reincarnetd OOT LInk!

Janx_uwu

Smash Ace
:ultpacman: is tired of people using his Sm4sh icon as a way to show sarcasm on SmashBoards.:4pacman:
:ultlittlemac:is really self conscious about not being viable, unlike his friend :ultganondorf:, who embraces the low-tierness. They play a lot of fighting games together.
:ultfalcon:is always challenging:ultsonic:to foot races he never wins.
Waluigi has no idea he's not a fighter and just thinks he's so objectively top tier he has a time limit of a few seconds per battle. Shadow and Issac don't tell him as to not break his heart.
:ultbyleth:and:ultbylethf:are each other's only friends as everyone else resents them.
:ultlucas:only speaks Japanese for some reason, and while no one understands him, everyone loves him.
:ultpikachu:,:ultpichu:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultincineroar:,:ultlucario:, are constantly evading capture from :ultpokemontrainer:. Also, :ultpokemontrainerf:keeps mistaking:ultyoshi:for a Pokemon for some weird reason.
:ultpichu: has an existential crisis when they pick up a Pokeball.
:ultsteve: runs a minecart service that gets fighters from stage to stage.
:ultrobinf:runs a cafe that many fighters visit for lunch break. Meanwhile, :ult_terry:runs a BBQ just across the street that people also go to for lunch break. They're a bit competitive when it comes to customers.

BowserKing

Smash Ace
Ever since :ultsteve: joined Smash Bros,:ultwario: has decided to take from him. Little does he know that it will be the last time he steals from him.

Wario tries to steal his diamonds from the chest, but Steve, Alex and the Wolves chased him out. Wario got shot by an arrow for good measure.

Wario then tried to take from the Villagers, and they were more generous, and they are willing to trade, but after finding out how ridiculous their prices are, Wario knocked them down, only to face the wrath of the Iron Golem.

After that, Wario decided to have a smarter idea to get more richer, go treasure hunting.

Wario is proving to be more successful now, and most of the Smash Fighter’s have approved of Wario’s change, especially :ultkingdedede: who is trying to more reasonable with Villagers, so the Iron Golem won’t sent him packing

Oddball

Smash Lord
Time for Steve headcanons!

Enderman keeps getting invited to the villain meetings, but he never does anything but stand off to the side silently. Other villains have thought about kicking him out, but Bowser always puts his foot down and defends him by saying "The silent dark guy stanhding in the shadows thing is just so cool."

:ultvillager: and :ultsteve: sometimes get into house building contests.

:ultgnw: assumes :ultsteve: is as old school as he is because of his blocky build and often talks to him about "the good old days."

:ultsimon: will attack the Minecraft Zombies on sight. They've learned to hide whenever he comes around.

:ultsteve: builds little houses for the Pokemon. He doesn't get that they Smash organizers have already provided them rooms.

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hero's trailer takes place after the Dharkon bad ending of WoL, wherein Galeem is defeated first and Dharkon chains them up and then spreads their darkness all across the universe. That cut to Mario collapsing to his knees? That's him trying to resist giving in to Dharkon's control and ultimately failing. By the time Hero's trailer happens, Link is the only one who didn't give in.

To complement that, Sephiroth's trailer takes place after the Galeem bad ending of WoL where Dharkon is defeated first and Galeem vaporizes them and is about to vaporize everyone else with their light when Sephiroth be like "nah **** outta here 🅱" and kills them in one shot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To complement that, Sephiroth's trailer takes place after the Galeem bad ending of WoL where Dharkon is defeated first and Galeem vaporizes them and is about to vaporize everyone else with their light when Sephiroth be like "nah **** outta here 🅱" and kills them in one shot.
To add onto this.

We saw Hero and Banjo in that trailer. Kirby wasn't the only survivor, on his journey to save everyone that fell into Galeem's control, he came upon them, Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Steve who then joined him (Min Min who was being used by Galeem was eventually freed by them at some point in their journey).

Rie Sonomura

Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To add onto this.

We saw Hero and Banjo in that trailer. Kirby wasn't the only survivor, on his journey to save everyone that fell into Galeem's control, he came upon them, Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Steve who then joined him (Min Min who was being used by Galeem was eventually freed by them at some point in their journey).
tbf that was Arusu and not Luminary. Luminary was the focus of the post-Dharkon ending world.

maybe Arusu ans the others traveled to Luminary's dimension from the Galeem ending world or soemthing idk

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Barely anyone gets along with Ridley.

A bunch of beings have PTSD from World of Light.

Banjo and Crash know each other.

Steve and Alex survived World of Light by being in Creative Mode at the time. They then spawned in Enderman and Zombie. Then Galeem disabled Creative Mode.

There are incidents no one will speak of. Master Core being one.

Most of the Mario characters get along with each other.

Wario is very close to threatening to fart on everyone if Waluigi isn't in.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Characters thoughts on the new guy, :ultsephiroth: Sephiroth!

:ultganondorf:"I see much of myself in him, a younger less mature me."
:ultbowser:"He did what to the hero's girlfriend? Dude, that is NOT how we play!"
:ultfalcon:"He's got style. I gotta give him that. he does have style."
:ultbayonetta: "He and I might just be able to have some fun together, if he wasn't such an uptight mommas boy."
:ulthero3:"They just don't make big bad's like they used to, do they? All style, no punch."
:ultbanjokazooie: "What's a Seppy-rooth?"
:ultpit: "I'm not impressed. I'm an angel with two wings!"
:ultpalutena: "Go ahead. Claim to be a god. See where that gets you against a true goddess."
:ultrobin: "He's stealing my look! That jerk!"
:ultwario: "He's evil and he's cool. Like me! just without the awesome mustache."
:ultdk:"That sword almost looks like a bandanna if you squint at it just right. I bet I could beat this guy, sell his sword and buy lots of bananas!"
:ultzelda: "...evil... he's just pure evil... I can feel it."
:ultjoker:" Love the coat. Love the hair."
:ultmewtwo: (reads his mind) "yeah, he's all sorts of messed up."
:ultsnake:"Yet another genetically engineered soldier. I'd almost feel bad for the guy if he wasn't insane."
:ultmarth: "Looks like just another dark knight to me. I'm not impressed."
:ultkrool:"How does he do that dramatic music thing when he appears? I wanna be able to do that!"
:ultmetaknight: "Nice sword. This could be fun."
:ultsimon: "Is that a vampire? I think that's a vampire. I'm going to go kill it."
:ultrichter: ... "This guy looks so familiar. Do I know him?"
:ultzss: "OOoohh. They used alien DNA to make you a perfect soldier, that is sooo original! That was sarcasm by the way."

Oracle Link

Smash Lord

:ultbowser:"He did what to the hero's girlfriend? Dude, that is NOT how we play!"
:ultbayonetta: "He and I might just be able to have some fun together, if he wasn't such an uptight mommas boy."
:ulthero3:"They just don't make big bad's like they used to, do they? All style, no punch."
:ultpalutena: "Go ahead. Claim to be a god. See where that gets you against a true goddess."
:ultwario: "He's evil and he's cool. Like me! just without the awesome mustache."
:ultdk:"That sword almost looks like a bandanna if you squint at it just right. I bet I could beat this guy, sell his sword and buy lots of bananas!"
:ultsnake:"Yet another genetically engineered soldier. I'd almost feel bad for the guy if he wasn't insane."
:ultkrool:"How does he do that dramatic music thing when he appears? I wanna be able to do that!"
:ultsimon: "Is that a vampire? I think that's a vampire. I'm going to go kill it."
:ultzss: "OOoohh. They used alien DNA to make you a perfect soldier, that is sooo original! That was sarcasm by the way."
Lets add more shall we
:ultkirby: "ha another normal day in the week"
:ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlink:"i wonder how much effective ness the Master Sword has on him"
:ultcloud:(original FF7)"Whats he doing here i cut him in half I probably should search for Tifa,Barret and co"
:ultkingdedede: "is he stronger than me or not hmmmmmmmm?!"
:ulthero:"he looks similar to me how ovensive!"
:ultswordfighter:"finally maybe i get finally a Dx Costume"
:ultgunner:"Geno,geno,geno,Geno coustume"

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
:ultsephiroth: could have shown up in Smash 4, but chose to let :ultcloud:build friendships and find happiness in Smash 4(and a little bit of Ultimate)before reappearing. Causing misery for:ultcloud:, is:ultsephiroth: ’s sole purpose and he will do whatever he needs to do to accomplish it.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3365-9493-1512

:ultsteve: "Ten feet? How about SIX METERS?"
:ultlucas: "Doesn't seem like he has a good mom."
:ultduckhunt: "Captain N, it's Sephiroth!"
:ultness: "Moms don't come from outer space, right?"
:ultincineroar: "How large is your hurtbox so I can show you the ropes?"
:ultdk: "End it already."
Geno: "...So I assume another vintage Geno doll will be destroyed?"

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Ace
The abandoned set of Drop Dead Fred (1991)
The FE characters are a powerful medieval mafia who bribe and threaten their way into getting new reps. They’re also the reason there’s a new Link every two instalments. (Don’t use camera mods on the second phase of Castle Siege)

On a cuter note, the pink-haired villager is a boy. This isn’t some edgy trans joke, or a joke at all for that matter. He’s just a cis boy who wears a dress and has sparkly eyes.

Joker is a pretentious edgelord who next to nobody likes, constantly yammering on about “eViL aDuLtS!” and “ChAnGiNg ThEiR hEaRtS!”, taking every opportunity to make a supposedly profound speech. Also F!Byleth has a restraining order on him and he’s the main reason Nurse Toadstool has yet to join Smash.

While Steve is familiar with them thanks to his adventures in Super Meat Boy, Alex is fascinated by curves and spheres. When she sees something round or smooth, her first instinct is to gently rub her hand-arm-thing against it. She could probably do with a trip to Mario Pinball Land.

Oracle Link

Smash Lord
The FE characters are a powerful medieval mafia who bribe and threaten their way into getting new reps. They’re also the reason there’s a new Link every two instalments. (Don’t use camera mods on the second phase of Castle Siege)

On a cuter note, the pink-haired villager is a boy. This isn’t some edgy trans joke, or a joke at all for that matter. He’s just a cis boy who wears a dress and has sparkly eyes.

Joker is a pretentious edgelord who next to nobody likes, constantly yammering on about “eViL aDuLtS!” and “ChAnGiNg ThEiR hEaRtS!”, taking every opportunity to make a supposedly profound speech. Also F!Byleth has a restraining order on him and he’s the main reason Nurse Toadstool has yet to join Smash.

While Steve is familiar with them thanks to his adventures in Super Meat Boy, Alex is fascinated by curves and spheres. When she sees something round or smooth, her first instinct is to gently rub her hand-arm-thing against it. She could probably do with a trip to Mario Pinball Land.
But the Villagers are from Wild World you cant Crossdress in it Right?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I can't stop imagining Alex touching Kirby's round squishy skin.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The reason for Pyra & Mythra not telling Rex they were invited to Smash and ran off without him is because they knew if they told him, he'd want to come with her and be the focus character.

Being the main character itself of his game, they wanted to spotlight this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom