• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Headcanons - Ultimate Edition

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mario and Dr. Mario are twins.
(Mario likes to call his twin "Malleo" whom Dr. Mario doesn't mind.)

K. Rool gets along pretty well with Dedede with the duo having their own sitcom show.

Kirby is Dedede's adopted son.
(K. Rool babysits him sometimes when Dedede's busy.)

Donkey and Diddy were unsure of K. Rool after he stopped doing evil schemes but they became great friends.
(On top of that, the trio were excited about Banjo and Kazooie arriving for the first time.)

Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer sometimes train or exercise with each other.

Ganondorf is pretty much like a grumpy neighbour who tells you to get off his lawn.

Rathalos despise being a wyvern, he's like a big friendly dog.

Waluigi wants to be a fighter instead of assist, but Master Hand refuses to let him be one.
(Waluigi always wants to fight on the battlefield.)

Peach sometimes has tea parties with the other females and males too.

Cloud has the smallest room he lives in and is sometimes lonely.
(A reference to Final Fantasy having not much representation, a single stage with 2 songs and 2 spirits.)

The Heroes are a fan of D&D and lets the other fighters join in.

Incineroar acts like a cat sometimes, for example hissing at Isabelle or Duck Hunt and stealing Snake's box to sit in.

Lucas looks up to Rosalina as his foster mom.

Pit and Dark Pit are sometimes nervous or uncomfortable around Bayonetta.
(Because she has a history of killing angels.)

Min-Min runs a restaurant with Chinese food.
(Captain Falcon and Kirby assist her sometimes.)

The villains have a club of their own, K. Rool and Dedede were kicked out.
(Dedede for being a good guy and K. Rool being friends with Donkey and Diddy.)

After Kirby saved everyone in World of Light, all of the fighters and assists threw a big party for him with the puffball receiving the biggest group hug from them.
(This was before the DLC fighters came.)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Whenever people show up in their alternate outfits, :ultbowser: just assumes that they're completely different people. He just explains that's how it is where he's from where green overalls Mario and orange dress Peach are different people than Mario and Peach.

You can tell when :ultcloud: is moody and having a bad day because he'll be wearing his Advent Children clothes.

:ultroy2: keeps trying to sneak into the Fire Emblem group and keeps saying "that joke never gets old."

:ultwendy: tends to throw temper tantrums because the other girls don't invite her to things. Really most of them don't like her.

:ultzss: keeps wondering why she's constantly called into battle before she finishes getting dressed.

The gender swapped Fire Emblem characters :ultrobin:&:ultrobinf:, :ultbyleth:&:ultbylethf:, :ultcorrin:&:ultcorrinf: are twins. (Lot of twins in the Fire Emblem world)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultfalcon: is secretly depressed on the inside. When in front of others he always puts on a smile and tackles every problem with exuberance but deep down he wants to race again.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
There's a club conformed by counterparts of characters with the following members:
:ultdarksamus::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultike: [R.D.]
:ultdarkpit::ultrobinf::ultlittlemac:[Wireframe]:ultwiifittrainerm::ultcorrin::ultbylethf:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
:ulthero2:'s teeth look unhealthy, but they're actually snow-white and needle-sharp. He IS part Dragovian, after all.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont know if this count but
isnt really OOT Link (i hope) instead he is just a Part of him (memorys etc) and Tp Link is actually a reincarnetd OOT LInk!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
:ultpacman: is tired of people using his Sm4sh icon as a way to show sarcasm on SmashBoards.:4pacman:
:ultlittlemac:is really self conscious about not being viable, unlike his friend :ultganondorf:, who embraces the low-tierness. They play a lot of fighting games together.
:ultfalcon:is always challenging:ultsonic:to foot races he never wins.
Waluigi has no idea he's not a fighter and just thinks he's so objectively top tier he has a time limit of a few seconds per battle. Shadow and Issac don't tell him as to not break his heart.
:ultbyleth:and:ultbylethf:are each other's only friends as everyone else resents them.
:ultlucas:only speaks Japanese for some reason, and while no one understands him, everyone loves him.
:ultpikachu:,:ultpichu:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultincineroar:,:ultlucario:, are constantly evading capture from :ultpokemontrainer:. Also, :ultpokemontrainerf:keeps mistaking:ultyoshi:for a Pokemon for some weird reason.
:ultpichu: has an existential crisis when they pick up a Pokeball.
:ultsteve: runs a minecart service that gets fighters from stage to stage.
:ultrobinf:runs a cafe that many fighters visit for lunch break. Meanwhile, :ult_terry:runs a BBQ just across the street that people also go to for lunch break. They're a bit competitive when it comes to customers.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ever since :ultsteve: joined Smash Bros,:ultwario: has decided to take from him. Little does he know that it will be the last time he steals from him.

Wario tries to steal his diamonds from the chest, but Steve, Alex and the Wolves chased him out. Wario got shot by an arrow for good measure.

Wario then tried to take from the Villagers, and they were more generous, and they are willing to trade, but after finding out how ridiculous their prices are, Wario knocked them down, only to face the wrath of the Iron Golem.

After that, Wario decided to have a smarter idea to get more richer, go treasure hunting.

Wario is proving to be more successful now, and most of the Smash Fighter’s have approved of Wario’s change, especially :ultkingdedede: who is trying to more reasonable with Villagers, so the Iron Golem won’t sent him packing

Oddball

Smash Lord
Time for Steve headcanons!

Enderman keeps getting invited to the villain meetings, but he never does anything but stand off to the side silently. Other villains have thought about kicking him out, but Bowser always puts his foot down and defends him by saying "The silent dark guy stanhding in the shadows thing is just so cool."

:ultvillager: and :ultsteve: sometimes get into house building contests.

:ultgnw: assumes :ultsteve: is as old school as he is because of his blocky build and often talks to him about "the good old days."

:ultsimon: will attack the Minecraft Zombies on sight. They've learned to hide whenever he comes around.

:ultsteve: builds little houses for the Pokemon. He doesn't get that they Smash organizers have already provided them rooms.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hero's trailer takes place after the Dharkon bad ending of WoL, wherein Galeem is defeated first and Dharkon chains them up and then spreads their darkness all across the universe. That cut to Mario collapsing to his knees? That's him trying to resist giving in to Dharkon's control and ultimately failing. By the time Hero's trailer happens, Link is the only one who didn't give in.

To complement that, Sephiroth's trailer takes place after the Galeem bad ending of WoL where Dharkon is defeated first and Galeem vaporizes them and is about to vaporize everyone else with their light when Sephiroth be like "nah **** outta here 🅱" and kills them in one shot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To complement that, Sephiroth's trailer takes place after the Galeem bad ending of WoL where Dharkon is defeated first and Galeem vaporizes them and is about to vaporize everyone else with their light when Sephiroth be like "nah **** outta here 🅱" and kills them in one shot.
To add onto this.

We saw Hero and Banjo in that trailer. Kirby wasn't the only survivor, on his journey to save everyone that fell into Galeem's control, he came upon them, Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Steve who then joined him (Min Min who was being used by Galeem was eventually freed by them at some point in their journey).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To add onto this.

We saw Hero and Banjo in that trailer. Kirby wasn't the only survivor, on his journey to save everyone that fell into Galeem's control, he came upon them, Joker, Terry, Byleth, and Steve who then joined him (Min Min who was being used by Galeem was eventually freed by them at some point in their journey).
tbf that was Arusu and not Luminary. Luminary was the focus of the post-Dharkon ending world.

maybe Arusu ans the others traveled to Luminary's dimension from the Galeem ending world or soemthing idk

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Barely anyone gets along with Ridley.

A bunch of beings have PTSD from World of Light.

Banjo and Crash know each other.

Steve and Alex survived World of Light by being in Creative Mode at the time. They then spawned in Enderman and Zombie. Then Galeem disabled Creative Mode.

There are incidents no one will speak of. Master Core being one.

Most of the Mario characters get along with each other.

Wario is very close to threatening to fart on everyone if Waluigi isn't in.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Characters thoughts on the new guy, :ultsephiroth: Sephiroth!

:ultganondorf:"I see much of myself in him, a younger less mature me."
:ultbowser:"He did what to the hero's girlfriend? Dude, that is NOT how we play!"
:ultfalcon:"He's got style. I gotta give him that. he does have style."
:ultbayonetta: "He and I might just be able to have some fun together, if he wasn't such an uptight mommas boy."
:ulthero3:"They just don't make big bad's like they used to, do they? All style, no punch."
:ultbanjokazooie: "What's a Seppy-rooth?"
:ultpit: "I'm not impressed. I'm an angel with two wings!"
:ultpalutena: "Go ahead. Claim to be a god. See where that gets you against a true goddess."
:ultrobin: "He's stealing my look! That jerk!"
:ultwario: "He's evil and he's cool. Like me! just without the awesome mustache."
:ultdk:"That sword almost looks like a bandanna if you squint at it just right. I bet I could beat this guy, sell his sword and buy lots of bananas!"
:ultzelda: "...evil... he's just pure evil... I can feel it."
:ultjoker:" Love the coat. Love the hair."
:ultmewtwo: (reads his mind) "yeah, he's all sorts of messed up."
:ultsnake:"Yet another genetically engineered soldier. I'd almost feel bad for the guy if he wasn't insane."
:ultmarth: "Looks like just another dark knight to me. I'm not impressed."
:ultkrool:"How does he do that dramatic music thing when he appears? I wanna be able to do that!"
:ultmetaknight: "Nice sword. This could be fun."
:ultsimon: "Is that a vampire? I think that's a vampire. I'm going to go kill it."
:ultrichter: ... "This guy looks so familiar. Do I know him?"
:ultzss: "OOoohh. They used alien DNA to make you a perfect soldier, that is sooo original! That was sarcasm by the way."

Oracle Link

Smash Master

:ultbowser:"He did what to the hero's girlfriend? Dude, that is NOT how we play!"
:ultbayonetta: "He and I might just be able to have some fun together, if he wasn't such an uptight mommas boy."
:ulthero3:"They just don't make big bad's like they used to, do they? All style, no punch."
:ultpalutena: "Go ahead. Claim to be a god. See where that gets you against a true goddess."
:ultwario: "He's evil and he's cool. Like me! just without the awesome mustache."
:ultdk:"That sword almost looks like a bandanna if you squint at it just right. I bet I could beat this guy, sell his sword and buy lots of bananas!"
:ultsnake:"Yet another genetically engineered soldier. I'd almost feel bad for the guy if he wasn't insane."
:ultkrool:"How does he do that dramatic music thing when he appears? I wanna be able to do that!"
:ultsimon: "Is that a vampire? I think that's a vampire. I'm going to go kill it."
:ultzss: "OOoohh. They used alien DNA to make you a perfect soldier, that is sooo original! That was sarcasm by the way."
Lets add more shall we
:ultkirby: "ha another normal day in the week"
:ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlink:"i wonder how much effective ness the Master Sword has on him"
:ultcloud:(original FF7)"Whats he doing here i cut him in half I probably should search for Tifa,Barret and co"
:ultkingdedede: "is he stronger than me or not hmmmmmmmm?!"
:ulthero:"he looks similar to me how ovensive!"
:ultswordfighter:"finally maybe i get finally a Dx Costume"
:ultgunner:"Geno,geno,geno,Geno coustume"

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

:ultsteve: "Ten feet? How about SIX METERS?"
:ultlucas: "Doesn't seem like he has a good mom."
:ultduckhunt: "Captain N, it's Sephiroth!"
:ultness: "Moms don't come from outer space, right?"
:ultincineroar: "How large is your hurtbox so I can show you the ropes?"
:ultdk: "End it already."
Geno: "...So I assume another vintage Geno doll will be destroyed?"

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The FE characters are a powerful medieval mafia who bribe and threaten their way into getting new reps. They’re also the reason there’s a new Link every two instalments. (Don’t use camera mods on the second phase of Castle Siege)

On a cuter note, the pink-haired villager is a boy. This isn’t some edgy trans joke, or a joke at all for that matter. He’s just a cis boy who wears a dress and has sparkly eyes.

Joker is a pretentious edgelord who next to nobody likes, constantly yammering on about “eViL aDuLtS!” and “ChAnGiNg ThEiR hEaRtS!”, taking every opportunity to make a supposedly profound speech. Also F!Byleth has a restraining order on him and he’s the main reason Nurse Toadstool has yet to join Smash.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The FE characters are a powerful medieval mafia who bribe and threaten their way into getting new reps. They’re also the reason there’s a new Link every two instalments. (Don’t use camera mods on the second phase of Castle Siege)

On a cuter note, the pink-haired villager is a boy. This isn’t some edgy trans joke, or a joke at all for that matter. He’s just a cis boy who wears a dress and has sparkly eyes.

Joker is a pretentious edgelord who next to nobody likes, constantly yammering on about “eViL aDuLtS!” and “ChAnGiNg ThEiR hEaRtS!”, taking every opportunity to make a supposedly profound speech. Also F!Byleth has a restraining order on him and he’s the main reason Nurse Toadstool has yet to join Smash.

While Steve is familiar with them thanks to his adventures in Super Meat Boy, Alex is fascinated by curves and spheres. When she sees something round or smooth, her first instinct is to gently rub her hand-arm-thing against it. She could probably do with a trip to Mario Pinball Land.
But the Villagers are from Wild World you cant Crossdress in it Right?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

While Steve is familiar with them thanks to his adventures in Super Meat Boy, Alex is fascinated by curves and spheres. When she sees something round or smooth, her first instinct is to gently rub her hand-arm-thing against it. She could probably do with a trip to Mario Pinball Land.
I can't stop imagining Alex touching Kirby's round squishy skin.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The reason for Pyra & Mythra not telling Rex they were invited to Smash and ran off without him is because they knew if they told him, he'd want to come with her and be the focus character.

Being the main character itself of his game, they wanted to spotlight this time.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Kazuya joining Ultimate, the events of Project X Zone 2 are now canon to Smash Ultimate.

Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, Kazuya - playable in both
Fiora and Zero - playable in PXZ2, NPCs in Ultimate
Tiki and Metal Face - NPCs in both

by extension:
  • the likes of KOS-MOS, T-elos, Yuri Lowell, Jin, Chun-li, Dante, Phoenix Wright and anyone in PXZ2 that aren’t any of those common characters are “honorary” Smash characters
  • The likes of Bayonetta (who was actually once considered for Project X Zone 2), Shulk, Min Min, Pit, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Joker, Terry, Cloud, Sephiroth, Pyra, Mythra, etc. EVEN MARIO, LUIGI, AND KIRBY are “honorary” Project X Zone characters

I don’t make the rules this is my firm belief they’re canon to each other

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The DLC fighters (Except for Min Min and Pyra & Mythra which Kirby and the other DLC fighters helps free eventually and they join them on the quest) were amongst those that survived Galeem's attack in the World of Light.

Banjo & Kazooie notably survived using the Wonder Wing.

Eventually they, Piranha Plant, Joker, Hero, Terry, Byleth, and Steve would meet up with Kirby to help him save everyone.

Sephiroth and Kazuya on the other hand would have other objectives in mind.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I love this piece of artwork posted somewhere on these boards from years and years ago. Where potential newcomers have to personally interview with Sakurai about why they should be included in Smash.

0868EF96-50B3-4309-B0A6-F15405600C84.png

Apparently Ridley finally nailed his interview yet Wonder Red just continually makes bad impressions

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Back when the whole meme saying Waluigi was rejected for smash was a thing, Waluigi was super into it. He constantly talked about how Sakurai was out to get him and that he was being rejected. He even posted a lot of memes about it. Now he just doesn’t even care anymore and doesn’t even really want to be in Smash that much.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I like to think that before Galeem, everybody was just fighting as normal. After fighting Galeem/Dharkron, the DLC fighters showed up to help fight them.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Mine are kind of weird, but here they are.

I‘ve always seen the Ice Climbers as a couple since Melee and I’m not sure why.

For character numbers of the secret four and Melee’s starters, I order them like this:
9 Luigi
10 Falcon (He was listed before Ness in Brawl and For with character data)
11 Ness
12 Jigglypuff
13 Bowser (He was listed before Peach in Melee and Brawl)
14 Peach
15 Zelda (Sheik may have been revealed first, but the previous entries always listed Zelda first)
16 Sheik
17 Ice Climbers (This is mainly because they were cut unlike the other 4 Melee starters)

Arctic Tern

Smash Apprentice
reviving dead thread

- The "Smashers", as they've come to be known, are not competing in tournaments for the most part. Smash is, to put it simply, an elaborate dojo, one that allows anyone and everyone to partake in combat against each other. Only a select few, however, are "Smashers", the rough equivalent of a black belt in karate. If an attendee is judged to meet the criteria for becoming a Smasher, they will receive an invitation in the form of the now-iconic letter. Said criteria is generally being an especially skilled and/or unique combatant, but other people are able to lobby requests for someone to become a Smasher. Assist Trophies are the "red belt" equivalent: almost, but not quite, as good as the Smashers.

- The Smash games are televised showcases of the Smashers' capabilities, demonstrated via fighting each other. While the dojo has existed since 1985, the idea for putting its attendees' skills on public broadcast was not thought of until Mario - always one to try new things - suggested the idea to Master Hand in the mid 90s. The rest is history.

- The World of Imagination (the term used to describe the Smash world in the November 2018 Direct) is the nexus point for all (video game) universes. In this realm, the boundaries of reality are much "looser" then those of most of the other universes, resulting in the mish-mash of canons done for some universes and explaining how Kirby can lose to Villager despite Kirby easily winning in canon.

- While the proper Smash games are easily the most famous events, there are multiple smaller events that have much looser requirements for competition. These have allowed Assist Trophies such as Waluigi and Isaac to get some of the fame and attention of the Smashers, though it naturally is not nearly to the point of the Smashers proper. In some cases, notably Duck Hunt and Sora, they actually gained success in these smaller events before appearing in the Smash events in any capacity!

In case you're wondering, I'm referring to the various mods and fangames for Smash. Which, yes, means that in my headcanon Mario fought Goku.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The reason Sephiroth fights alongside the other Smashers in World of Light is because he's pissed Galeem killed Cloud before he could.
Lol I am so adopting this headcanon.

It's also a headcanon of mine the actual storyline of World of Light is all the DLC characters (Barring the ones who were spirits) also survived Galeem's attack, met up and joined with Kirby to save everyone.

Kirby, Piranha Plant, Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Byleth (Female), Steve, Sephiroth, Kazuya and Sora.

Mario and Sonic still have a rivalry with each other, but not because of their games or marketing. Mario backs the latest DreamWorks movies, while Sonic is a firm Sony Animation enjoyer. Adding to that, Sonic was known to make countless Emoji Movie memes back in 2017.

Sora and Banjo are very close friends with each other, despite their consoles of choice. Only Cloud, Sephiroth, and Kazooie know why.

Joker once dressed as Sly Cooper for Halloween. This resulted in all the Smashers petitioning for a new Sly game the week after.

"Everyone Is Home" from Wooden Plank Studios has the Nintendo Seal of Quality from Master Hand himself. The Kazuya and Incineroar arc, and the following comic storylines, do not exist in Smash canon, however.

After the first Smash game came out, Captain Falcon brought some of his futuristic technology with him to create a virtual dojo to test out potential fighters. This is why Captain Falcon is still in the series, to thank him for his contributions to future rosters.

Top Bottom