• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

Limeee

Smash Champion
i'm not sure if this has been found and i don't want to bother reading through all the pages but marth has a f-throw chain grab on floaties

but if they DI towards you, you have to walk instead of run

oh and it combos into dair, which is ****

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea it works been doing it for a while

also i have an awesome 0- 75% ish combo on squirtle requiring to grab squirtle at like 0-8%

its F-throw neutral air pivot grab f-throw up air .. pivot another grab or upair into up b...

Limeee

Smash Champion
yea it works been doing it for a while

also i have an awesome 0- 75% ish combo on squirtle requiring to grab squirtle at like 0-8%

its F-throw neutral air pivot grab f-throw up air .. pivot another grab or upair into up b...
that sounds crazy in theory, but also sounds like a sweet combo

is it DIable?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I hate pivot grabbing so muuuuch. Dash dancing keeps getting in the way.
Press grab BEFORE you hit back. Works every time.

Unless you meant true pivot grab ("brawl" pivot grab is better though Q_Q)

Seriously wtf Sakurai, you stole the name of an existing tech and put it on something else. Now talking about pivoting makes everyone confused.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think its true pivots Neko is complaining about.
Brawl pivots are nothing to mess up... True pivots on the other hand can be a bit finicky (and more of a hassle to use T_T) Meh...
There was a period where I couldn't true pivot right out of a dash without rolling half the time... It worked fine without much buffer, but of course I also like to play with a fairly high buffer :\
Hooray for failing at true pivots!

+1 speaking for Neko :V

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm talking about SP (Sakurai Pivot) Grabs because Brawl+ doesnt have that one frame during dash dancing where you're in a neutral stance.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm talking about SP (Sakurai Pivot) Grabs because Brawl+ doesnt have that one frame during dash dancing where you're in a neutral stance.
Yes it does. Pivoting works exactly the same way it did in melee. You can still pivot jab/tilt/smash/jump/ect (it's how my jablock infinite with sonic worked before we fixed jab locks <_<)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Btw Dark_Sonic.

How do you get to just stand in neutral from a pivot? I accidentally do it a lot in B+ and Melee...but you know it might be useful if I can intentionally force it.

Would also be useful for my Roy which sports totally being dumb. =V

*Fullhop Flare Blade while DL64 wind carries me to the ledge as they try to waveland back on*

It's only cooler cuz it worked rofl

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Btw Dark_Sonic.

How do you get to just stand in neutral from a pivot? I accidentally do it a lot in B+ and Melee...but you know it might be useful if I can intentionally force it.
Well, I don't think you can get a truely neutral stand (like dashing forward and just stopping), but you CAN pivot into your "turn around" animation. Just dash forward and flick the control stick back at the desired distance. If the flick was fast enough (not hard to do) you'll just do a normal turn around.

ManRogue

Smash Rookie
Any character with a good projectile can cause seriouse problems for even the best marth players, Falco and Samus are usually the most difficult, Samus due to her profectile combos and Falco's laser is just Godly

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hey losers

- I mean winners.

Ness mains are CHALLENGING YOU PUNKS.
Gogogo.

This should be good now.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So I've recently added marth to my main list...

and even with 10 buffer, he can't get two full fairs in a short hop anymore.

in fact, unless your buffer is 10, it's pretty much impossible to even get a partial second fair in there. :(

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I know that Marth's fair is WAY better than Peach's fair. I'm just sad that I can't SHDF with Marth anymore.

(pssst in case you don't know for some reason, SHDF is Short Hop Double Fair)

and Peach's fair sucks >.>

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no you can't. Doing to full ones is impossible. Even with 10 buffer.

I just tested this in both Normal and Training Mode.

Even with ten buffer, I almost always land on the ground like halfway through the second fair.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Then you're doing it wrong.

If you cant SHDF than you cant SH Fair > Uair.

And I can do both. Hell, I did it last night.

Me, the Marth main, is telling you, the non-marth main, you can SH Double Fair. You cannot tell me he cannot.

Stop it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure my c stick is perfectly fine.

And no, you can't!! I'll even give you screenshots if I have to!!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
No I'm not!!!!

I have ten buffer on. My c stick is fine.

I short hop. I fair as soon as the buffer allows. I then fair, as soon as the buffer allows me to.

I always end up in the middle of the second fair animation when I land, right before the hitbox comes out, or slightly after. I'm pretty sure getting a full second fair in.

And you're just biased against peach mains because you can't get over her down smash.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I need video proof that two FULL fairs in one short hop with the latest codeset is possible.

And shdf is not hard. I'm just saying that getting to fairs in one short hop is impossible.

God you marth mains are so *****y. >.>

Top Bottom