• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You have to have really good buffering skillz (excluding having 10 buffer on) to SH double aerial. I liked vBrawl's short hop where you could EZ mode double fair.

but that's just me >.>
Consistently, you can do it from 4 Buffer.
I play on 6 Buffer because I think it's more comfortable and F-Air > U-Air is much, much, much much much easy.

You're the only one having trouble with it.
You should F-Air almost immediately after your hop, in case you didn't know.

Well, in fact, it's at least 10x easier than his Melee's D-F.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I think the people who have problems doing the SH double Fair probably can't do it in melee either

Seriously it doesn't matter how high you have the buffer set if it takes you too long to get your thumb from the jump button to the A button(or w/e you have set for your attack)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I could do it in melee no problem. He was my main back then. lololol.

You have to take into account that current Marth+ feels different than Melee Marth, and that does include physics as well.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I could do it in melee no problem. He was my main back then. lololol.

You have to take into account that current Marth+ feels different than Melee Marth, and that does include physics as well.
The window for SHDF is much larger for B+ Marth (even with ZERO buffer). People are just too lazy with their thumbs. I SHDF with the C-stick with MELEE Marth in BOTH directions (that's right, moving my thumb from X to the left side of the c-stick and pulling it back in less than 5 frames) and you're complaining about B+ double fair? Come on guys.

His shorthop is higher, his fall speed is slower, and you can BUFFER IT!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The window for SHDF is much larger for B+ Marth (even with ZERO buffer). People are just too lazy with their thumbs. I SHDF with the C-stick with MELEE Marth in BOTH directions (that's right, moving my thumb from X to the left side of the c-stick and pulling it back in less than 5 frames) and you're complaining about B+ double fair? Come on guys.

His shorthop is higher, his fall speed is slower, and you can BUFFER IT!
I'm not complaing about SHDF. Other people are. I'm just saying the SH doesnt feel right to me. wtf.

If anything, I was telling SS12 about how you CAN do it when he was saying he couldnt.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
dont worry sonic they are just use to easy mode **** -.-

people dont like to learn baddies ....
I think that you've read his post wrong. Other than SymphonicSage, nobody's complaining.

Sadly, it reminds me that I can't SHDF consistently in Melee.
*fails* :(.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually...it's you who've misread my post.

"People" was purposefully used as it is a GENERAL term. Therefore (in context) it would apply to anyone and everyone who complains about SHDF being hard :p

The "people" in his post is also another general term.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Actually...it's you who've misread my post.

"People" was purposefully used as it is a GENERAL term. Therefore (in context) it would apply to anyone and everyone who complains about SHDF being hard :p

The "people" in his post is also another general term.
Actually, I've misread ChaosKnight's.
My bad :laugh:.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I love marth's uthrow on ff'ers. If they DI, you regrab. If they don't DI, you utilt, and then regrab. Then you repeat until they go too high for another regrab after utilt, at which point you can try to fair or nair them into a dair offstage. You have to be careful on your positioning/timing for the utilt, though, since different parts of the sword can send in vastly different directions... Still, **** combo is ****.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So am I going to want to strike FD against Marth for now on if I go DDD?
Looks like platforms are going to be my friend with his Uthrow <_>

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
ya guys i cant double fair at 1/4 speed. I think you're lying to me. But besides that marth is sexxxxy. Double Fair would only make a bit OPd. (wouldn't complain though) Maybe a slight increase on the speed of the Fair? reduce damage even more?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
use analog stick + a at 1/4 speed. for some reason the c-stick gets wonky at 1/4 speed.

EDIT: **** you were troll baitin' me weren't you..

CloneHat

Smash Champion
ya guys i cant double fair at 1/4 speed. I think you're lying to me. But besides that marth is sexxxxy. Double Fair would only make a bit OPd. (wouldn't complain though) Maybe a slight increase on the speed of the Fair? reduce damage even more?
Man I used that code that lets you slow down the game to 1/8 speed, and it's STILL impossible!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Just remember folks, Marth's uptilt will always send them at the WORST possible direction. It will FIND the most DEVESTATING angle to send them at and send them that way 100% of the time, true story. :p

edit: Check out my new sig :p

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Important question. How does marth go about killing the opponent?

My friend was picking him up to combat my ness, and he has trouble killing me. He mainly relies on fsmash and the odd UpB. What else can marth use to kill?

Player-3

Smash Hero
ftilt kills dood

tip fair unless they nerfed it

tip fair killing blew my ****ing mind in vbrawl i was like
O_O-o_O-o_o_O-o_o-O_O

also bair

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
ftilt kills dood

tip fair unless they nerfed it

tip fair killing blew my ****ing mind in vbrawl i was like
O_O-o_O-o_o_O-o_o-O_O

also bair
f-tilt->no
fait->no, it sends up now
bair->yes.

Marth's kill moves are d-smash, upsmash, f-smash, uptilt (at high percents), uair (at high percents), nair, bair, and up B. Uair, bair, and Nair are kinda pathetic if you don't tip them though.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
f-tilt->no
fait->no, it sends up now
bair->yes.

Marth's kill moves are d-smash, upsmash, f-smash, uptilt (at high percents), uair (at high percents), nair, bair, and up B. Uair, bair, and Nair are kinda pathetic if you don't tip them though.
You left out dair. Fair or nair -> dair is a legit combo. Although it's probably safer and overall more practical to kill with if you were to just combo into reverse upB in the situations you would spike, except at very low percents (although even then, with the angle it sends at, reverse upB can still set up for a nice edgeguard).

I'd also like to emphasize dsmash here, since the move is faster than fsmash and kills about as early as fsmash does, while sneaking under shields and punishing people that try to roll behind you, but at the cost of some range, being harder to tip, and being much more punishable if you miss (over 40 frames of lag from the second swing, with almost a full second of lag from the first). The move is safe at any percent on hit as long as you tip it, and I'm pretty sure it's safe on hit even if you don't tip it starting in the early 20s or so (possibly sooner), and seeing as it puts them up into the air, I've actually found myself using it across a wide range of percents to either set up juggles or for killing. Interestingly, if you hilt it, the move has a very cruel angle that will set up for edgeguards, making the middle of the blade the least useful part.

Anyway, as for kaiser... Marth has some really mean edgeguard options against ness. If he's forced to upB, marth can just counter it, turning ness's good old nuclear warhead back on him, and forcing an upB is often as simple as just swatting him away with aerials (tipped bair, nontipped fair, and either tipped or untipped nair, although obviously tipped is more effective). And of course, since ness has to just sit there for a while while he's aiming his upB, marth also has a very easy reverse upB kill on him if he's willing to risk going down there. This is of course in addition to everything DS just said.

Revan Skywalker

Smash Cadet
i just tried out 5.0 marth, and i really love him :)
His new Up B is amazing, the side B to reverse Up B edgeguard seems very useful.

and does nair combo into itself now? i sometimes get like 3-4 nairs in a row, don´t know if it´s DIable tho

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Nair could always combo into itself if you hit with it right and your opponent failed to DI it in a way that would escape the combo. Which happens a lot more often than you'd think, actually, since the right DI for escaping getting combo'd puts you offstage earlier, and makes you more susceptible to edgeguarding. This is part of why I love nair. It doesn't matter how you DI. You will always be put in the worst position possible. Sorta like utilt, which it also doesn't matter how you DI, and will always hit you in the worst direction possible. =D

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It's very hard to combo off of if they don't DI up when they're on the ground. If you get them into the air, though, nair combos become very practical. If they have room to, they can DI away and tech every time if they're on the ground when you hit with it. It also tumbles from zero. Still, the move will get you a techchase/combo/edgeguard just about every time, depending on when and where you hit with it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Really? Then my opponents havn't been DI-ing. Because I've been able to do it until recently.

Still wtf dthrow > fsmash doesnt work?

And SH is still low.

Top Bottom