• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
...Uhhh. Yes I am? I play the character well enough to know if his SH is too low or not. I dont have any real issues with what he can do now and I can do his tactics consistantly enough when I need to. I just dont like his SH because the thing is too **** low.

iLink

Smash Champion
...Uhhh. Yes I am? I play the character well enough to know if his SH is too low or not. I dont have any real issues with what he can do now and I can do his tactics consistantly enough when I need to. I just dont like his SH because the thing is too **** low.
My comment was in regard to how much you want it changed lol

But I do agree

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like the short hop :3

it feels like melee

<3 melee <3

PS: If eventually you people who make the decisions decide to make his SH higher... please let it be a small amount :)

like enough to get both Fairs out and just barely be in the air long enough to make fast falling the last tiny bit of the 2nd Fair worth it(<3 melee)

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
if marth had his dash att and made his opponent to go up angle i would love him even more(like melee)<3
and his sh is a little too low if u buffed it like a little bit then he would be main or second main

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
anyone want to have some dittos or something?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
well, the main people who control marth are me, leaf, and viet. And viet is AWOL and I know leaf is such a SH Nair ***** soooo

I'm just making sure leaf knows Marth's SH is too low.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So I finally started playing marth again today. I'd like to say I've dropped some bad habits and fine-tuned others. I was SHDFing alot more consistancy on lower buffer.

But the **** SH is still too low, leaf.

The mother ****ing SH is still to mother ****ing low. Fix it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I actually have to agree with Neko. <_<

The gravity is perfect but the SH is too low for their to be enough double aerial action.

It's not that SH fair -> w/e is difficult to perform...it's the lack of leeway for even simple yomi tactics like empty SH to invoke a favorable reaction...a few more frames of leeway and you could get a full fair -> "stubbed" fair...which is basically what most people usually get NOW with just generally playing and not thinking about correctly timing the action.

Since PSA allows for more precise SH modding, I suppose we could change Leaf's SH value to 1 and edit it in there instead...

I wanna hear from Leaf first, but I'll probably take on the task.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well, I was just playing, and his short hop is a lot better. he can short hop fair into any of his other aerials (excluding the second hit of nair).

EDIT: He actually CAN get part of the second hit of his nair out, but only the very initial part of the second swing.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wow that's weird...I updated again just to make sure something wasn't ****ed up...and now marth's SH is lower again. :(

... PSA AWAITS ME!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Marth's base SH velocity in 5.0 RC1 is aroud 1.12 or something like that. how high should it be raised? so far i've done up to 1.55, and it hasn't done much. Are you guys sure lowering the gravity isn't the best option?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Sage, you're raising his sh by ~38%, and that's on top of the multiplier already given to marth's sh (which I believe is a 10% increase right now), for a total of a 52% increase in sh strength (and probably a much greater increase in actual height) from what it would be if it was not touched. Which is substantially larger? 10%? or 52%? You're editing the wrong values if you're not seeing a big difference, here.

Anyway, yeah... let's raise his sh a little bit... a little bit!

Also, his dthrow could probably use a little bit of work, still... it doesn't seem as sexy as the melee dthrow =(

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm going to stalk leaf for eternity if he doesn't make his short hop perfect. I want to SH fair and then a full dair in one short hop. >:V

and since when was there a multiplier for short hops? I thought there was just one for aerial jumps, and that's proportional to the full hop height...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If the character's SH is too low. it's too low. >_>

Stop making it look like it its not. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS.

SO GET READY TO ROFL YOU SELF-CENTERED ARROGANT JERK WITH A SUPERIORITY COMPLEX WHO THINKS HE'S HOT ****!

GRRRRRRRR RAAAGGEEE

Top Bottom