• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

VietGeek

Smash Hero
remember guys

leaf has never broken anything he has buffed

ever

so trust him with this

itll just be like his wolf nair

and hey

that things balanced

like a circle

cuz it goes in a circle obv

like an ice car

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I think the reason it's slightly hard to do SDHF (it is easy to do, it's just me that has problems with it because I suck) is because Marth's fair is quite a bit laggier in Brawl+ compared to melee. In melee it was really quick. Now it's just kinda of like a medium pace wall.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
guys

i was sitting below a palm tree

the winds of change were blowing

the storm clouds of revolution were joining

the sunset of ambition was setting

and i was enlightened

long has marth been shackled by the physics of his creation

the brawl+ within him, shackled down in great injustice

the people have said "it was good"

but the people are wrong

it is not good

marth must break his cuffs

new physics must be made

created

conjured

instated

the spirit of the beautiful dashing winds

of hits that phantom

the sensation of asia that spark melees 5 worlds away

must be revived

to dominate the soviet skies

like silk from the mulberry tree

it is necessary for this beauty to cometh again

for the stun that hits is weaker than it was 4 moons ago

and the song of the moon beckons us in spirit

to do justice to all marf users everywhere

rich and poor, strong and weak

fire and ice

to be raptor boosted or to not be raptor boosted

it is irrelevant

as this justice must

and shall be carried out

as revolution comes in full circle

obv

5ive

Smash Champion
I think the reason it's slightly hard to do SDHF (it is easy to do, it's just me that has problems with it because I suck) is because Marth's fair is quite a bit laggier in Brawl+ compared to melee. In melee it was really quick. Now it's just kinda of like a medium pace wall.
loool, are you trying to imply that Brawl+ SHDF is harder than in Melee? What the **** are you smoking?

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Melee Marth's fair lasts for 33 frames, and brawl Marth's fair lasts for 34 frames. Unless there were a lot of frame speed changes to Marth's fair, they should be relatively similar to each other in terms of lagginess.

The fair in melee is, imo, harder to perform than it is in brawl+ simply because of melee's game mechanics, (lot harder to shorthop) as well as the fact that there is no buffer in melee and you need to time the fairs. If the buffer is set high enough in brawl+, then you can buffer all of the inputs for shdf quite easily.

EDIT: marth physics changes * viet = uh oh

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Melee's SHDF is easy mode. Marth has one of the easiest shorthops in the game and there is actually [some] buffering in Melee. Not to the same extent as in Brawl, but its system is also not as flawed as Brawl's.

Changing my buffer past 50 to get "easy" SHDF is unacceptable. Staple tactics should not be made harder to do for no real reason, and it wasn't exactly Leaf's intent to begin with. Melee Marth physics were easy to get a feel for and got sh*t done. Marth isn't my only gripe with physics, some physics feel good, others feel halfassed.

The current Marth physics are like somewhere between the two (that's what happens when a good number of us WBR members procrastinate at the last minute, put together a set and call it a Release Candidate for lulz). "Fixing what ain't broke" is a terrible mentality considering we're talking about physic changes that can be considered "fixing what ain't broke" to begin with.

There are times when good enough is good enough and when "good enough" isn't acceptable. If you really give a **** about something, then you f*cked better do it right. Messed up the first time? Second chances exist for these kinds of situations. Didn't get it right the second time? Okay...well...huh...you don't wanna do it? It's good enough?

Leaf already decreased Marth's aerial stopping ability, making it so that weaving is less effective. The low shorthop is nothing more than his personal taste.

So...physics via PSA...

since no one will really do it, I guess I have to if anything is going to be rectified here.

*turns on signature*

I need to achieve my goals...

fufufufufufufu~

5ive

Smash Champion
Melee's SHDF is easy mode. Marth has one of the easiest shorthops in the game and there is actually [some] buffering in Melee. Not to the same extent as in Brawl, but its system is also not as flawed as Brawl's.

Changing my buffer past 50 to get "easy" SHDF is unacceptable. Staple tactics should not be made harder to do for no real reason, and it wasn't exactly Leaf's intent to begin with. Melee Marth physics were easy to get a feel for and got sh*t done. Marth isn't my only gripe with physics, some physics feel good, others feel halfassed.

The current Marth physics are like somewhere between the two (that's what happens when a good number of us WBR members procrastinate at the last minute, put together a set and call it a Release Candidate for lulz). "Fixing what ain't broke" is a terrible mentality considering we're talking about physic changes that can be considered "fixing what ain't broke" to begin with.

There are times when good enough is good enough and when "good enough" isn't acceptable. If you really give a **** about something, then you f*cked better do it right. Messed up the first time? Second chances exist for these kinds of situations. Didn't get it right the second time? Okay...well...huh...you don't wanna do it? It's good enough?

Leaf already decreased Marth's aerial stopping ability, making it so that weaving is less effective. The low shorthop is nothing more than his personal taste.

So...physics via PSA...

since no one will really do it, I guess I have to if anything is going to be rectified here.

*turns on signature*

I need to achieve my goals...

fufufufufufufu~
cool story bro. are you proud?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
5ive is jealous i troll betteru

obv

either that or he's still offended that i called the way he plays a game obnoxious

*shrug*

so ya neko

you and leaf will probably be my guinea pigs once i go through the wbr archives on how to do physics in psa.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ya leaf horrible things must be schemed soon to increase sp. attack to sweepable mode.

btw neko i herd u leik cats and sexy feet and brokenass characters:

kyon would leik cat ears

obv

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i do not recall cape changing marfs physics

and it feels the same anywho

sage12 is under placebo effect

VietGeek

Smash Hero
capes changelist would be haphazardly put together

its okay though

cuz cape is a cape

obv

ice cars

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It's not that marth's physics itself were changed. Well, technically it is. Cape universally made it so everyone reaches the top of their jump quicker.

And w/ cape's set I SDHF easily.

...oh, god, the world WILL end in 2012. *runs*

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Now this is interesting. Nerfed f-smash, d-smash- u-smash, u-tilt, b-air tip angle, b-throw, and f-throw...

In return for better SH and original DS.

I guess I'll have to try it to be sure, but I liked that b-air and u-tilt...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
not really original ds either

its a nerfed ds (invinc. only on frame 5 or 6, forgots) <_<

marth did not receive any buffs in capes set other than the supposed physics change

also we need to revert dthrow

and learn to not not test **** until AFTER the set is released

dammit "RC1"

dammit jin

Top Bottom