• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I have 3 buffer on.

I am better than all of you at tilting my C-stick.

Get. At. Me.

Also on any other day I would sig your comment S. Sage

but I'm feeling above irritated today so yeah...

o_O

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I think I've pulled at least the occasional SHDF at ALL buffers, including 0. O.o I'll have to test later to be sure, but... yeah. And consistently at 10/100% of course. (Random related question: I was messing about with buffers last night to feel the differences, and I was wondering: can there be more than 10 frames of buffer? Like, setting it at 300% will be 30 frames? I tried it and everything 100% and up felt the same, so...)

Also, I don't believe I've mentioned in this thread yet that I LOVE that Marth feels like Marth again in this build. |D I'll have to scrape the rust off him now.
And stop being such a ridiculous fangirl and getting distracted by his cuteness for entire matches...
:laugh:

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it doesn't go up after 10 frames.

Otherwise...

Ugh, just thinking about it.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
SymphonicSage, I've always thought that your posts are horribly annoying.
Please, get the **** out of these boards.

It's not impossible, I've done it occasionally on 0 buffer.
Normally, with buffer at 4... I can do a Fair + 2/3 of a fair. Guess what? There are 6 more level of buffers you can try it on.

Can't do it? Quit Marth.

" All day, everyday, I don't give a f*ck."
That's the song that comes up to me everytime you post things as stupid.

BTW- What are your thoughts about Marth in the latest Nightly build?
I haven't been playing videogames for a while, and I feel like updating my Brawl+ codeset. Problem is, I'm not home.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Let's get Peach out of this discussion. This is about a girly man and a little boy two men coming together for one more face off.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
are there any vids at all of the hackfest? i only found one crew battle on jcaesar's account, but that's it....

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Hey people, WBR is planning on shrinking the ledge size (we all knew it, obviously). But what I'm here for is to ask what are we gonna do when that happens? Marth's recovery has become kind of better ever since this last build (the one before was horrible, he was too heavy, but that's beside the point.)

He's going to have big trouble recovering. What will we do when that happens?

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Umm..Learn to sweetspot better?? Mix up recovery? Mindgames?

Need I go on??
I know how to sweetspot, but that's beside the point. I often see lots of desperate recoveries that require the ledge auto sweetspot because of his gravity change. Don't try playing smart ***.
Then again, his actual recovery might not require the auto sweetspot as much... If anybody would mind checking it often in games against players. That'd be great.
Oh and, mindgames have nothing to do with it.

I'd love to tell you to learn capitalizing your letters. But that's beside the point.

jalued

Smash Lord
I know how to sweetspot, but that's beside the point. I often see lots of desperate recoveries that require the ledge auto sweetspot because of his gravity change. Don't try playing smart ***.
Then again, his actual recovery might not require the auto sweetspot as much... If anybody would mind checking it often in games against players. That'd be great.
Oh and, mindgames have nothing to do with it.

I'd love to tell you to learn capitalizing your letters. But that's beside the point.
Yeah but really, Marth's upB end hitbox is enough (mostly) to put off poorly spaced edgeguarding. Even with weak recovery Marth will always be high tier- his character design is perfectly suited to smash, just like MK (though to a lesser extent).

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but really, Marth's upB end hitbox is enough (mostly) to put off poorly spaced edgeguarding. Even with weak recovery Marth will always be high tier- his character design is perfectly suited to smash, just like MK (though to a lesser extent).
Still, his survival percentages will drop. Which is exactly why I'm asking if anybody's thought of something. Tweaking him a bit to re-increase survivability rate ain't technically a buff.
I'm not even talking about edgeguarding to begin with. I was talking about his edge reach. Edge's size shrinking = smaller window for edge grab, obviously.

Anyway, disregard my posts. I think that nobody really cares other than me lol.

jalued

Smash Lord
Still, his survival percentages will drop. Which is exactly why I'm asking if anybody's thought of something. Tweaking him a bit to re-increase survivability rate ain't technically a buff.
I'm not even talking about edgeguarding to begin with. I was talking about his edge reach. Edge's size shrinking = smaller window for edge grab, obviously.

Anyway, disregard my posts. I think that nobody really cares other than me lol.
You are forgetting that with reduced edge reach, all characters will be affected. So it will balance out; dtilt and fsmash will be much easier to land on a recovering opponent.

oh and his upB hitbox will be much more important that the melee version, as brawl+ does not have crouch cancelling (which offtopic: i see reasoning behind and would not mind if it returned)

If we buffed Marth's recovery due to decreased sweetspot range, then we would technically have to buff all characters recoveries, which would make no sense ;)

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You are forgetting that with reduced edge reach, all characters will be affected. So it will balance out; dtilt and fsmash will be much easier to land on a recovering opponent.

oh and his upB hitbox will be much more important that the melee version, as brawl+ does not have crouch cancelling (which offtopic: i see reasoning behind and would not mind if it returned)

If we buffed Marth's recovery due to decreased sweetspot range, then we would technically have to buff all characters recoveries, which would make no sense ;)
1) Good point. But thing is, most of the time, they can still reach the ledge. Whereas Marth cannot.

2) Another good point. I have nothing to say about it, you're right.

3) Not really, since we'd simply have to play around with his gravity/weight... At least, that's what I think. After all, his recovery at the moment is a nerfed version of his original. And from what I remember, there ain't much that we could count as "compensation".

Anyways, good post. I'll keep it in mind.

Meh. I dont like Marth's new SH height. I cant get used to it.
And there I thought you liked it :(.
Did you play him a lot? I really love his combo abilities. They're great.
I hate his Dash attack though, still sucks.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
wait what. they're shrinking the ledge grab range? wtf whyyy D:

Well they'd better give Ike a no-helpless-after-side-b buff then. >.> it's already a pain to sweetspot the ledge with him. (he must have deceivingly stubby arms XD)

Also, Marth's shorthop changed? How so? I didn't even notice. Guess I've been playing too much Zamus. :laugh:

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
You mean I have to think about recovering? Aw, shucks...

Just kidding of course. I've been in favor of the change for a while.

And don't worry about Ike. It's not like the WBR is decreasing ledge grab range by the same amount for every character. I remember someone saying that if a character has a tiny ledge sweetspot, they won't get as much of a size decrease as people with giant ledge sweetspots.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Hrm. That's better I guess, though I still don't see why change it at all.

Still, Ike should have that no-helpless-after-side-b buff all the same, imo. I mean really. xD but this isn't ike's thread so w/e.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ike has no helpless after side b only if he hits. :V

And Marth's SH is lower than floaty marth but higher than heavy marth, but I dont like it. I want it a bit higher.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@ :V--so i've heard. but not even cpus are dumb enough to get hit by that while ike's recovering. so imo it's pretty useless like that. >.>

And i see, 'bout the SH. Huh.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
@ :V--so i've heard. but not even cpus are dumb enough to get hit by that while ike's recovering. so imo it's pretty useless like that. >.>

And i see, 'bout the SH. Huh.
You dont have to hit them, you just need to swing. durp.

well your not getting it get used to it
No ****. Ive been playing this release since before you even got it and I still cant get used to it. I even upped my buffer back to 70 for marth and it still feels too low. <_<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No ****. Ive been playing this release since before you even got it and I still cant get used to it. I even upped my buffer back to 70 for marth and it still feels too low. <_<
Too low for what? It's high enough to do double aerials (even delaying the aerials a bit), but still low enough to hit most characters with SH nairs when he wants to. Why do you want it to be higher?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It just doesnt feel right to me. I have more success pretending to be Roy and SHFF Uairs all day. It's not really a matter of it being too low to do x or do y, but just feeling...not marth-ish too me.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
You dont have to hit them, you just need to swing. durp.
You said "if he hits". -_-; But is there a way to "swing" without hitting something? I've never heard of that, and I've been secondarying him since I got the game. O.o I just wanna side-b > up-b. ;A; it'd still be predictable and unreliable, but it'd at least make that huge "blind spot" from which he cannot recover manageable. >.<

<digression> also dangit Portal's too good. :laugh:

*gets to work on a Chell PSA edit of Zamus >.>*
</digression>

kr3wman

Smash Master
If you side-b into someone with invincibility frames on the ledge, you'll swing but won't hit, and after you'll be able to upb.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You have to have really good buffering skillz (excluding having 10 buffer on) to SH double aerial. I liked vBrawl's short hop where you could EZ mode double fair.

but that's just me >.>

Top Bottom