• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SQUAT V: Confirmed 12th of December - Scratch that, LanSmash Ho!

What should the date for SQUAT V be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Quite simple.
I've currently got SQUAT V booked out for the 28th of November.

I have the option of moving it to the 12th of December.
If we're gonna do this, I need to know quickly what people think.

Advantages of moving the date back:
- Greater amount of time between Rocky and SQUAT V, meaning less of a strain on tournament goers of both events

- Caotic and AussieRob can go :3

Disadvantages of moving the date back:

- A number of people were previously set on the current date. I am fairly certain nobody has already booked plane tickets lol, but I know that this date in particular was essential for certain players (like Zero I think) for them to attend.

- Hopefully Hotdog HASNT run off 100 copies of the poster for this tournament yet with the current date on it!

So go and vote. If the date doesn't matter to you either way, please vote 'either'.

Also, if you're one of the people who I'm concerned about, please tell me either here or in a PM or on MSN :)

(Also this poll closes in about 5 days, though I may be able to make a decision before that, so please vote!)

Zero

Smash Hero
I'm fine with the date, still very keen on coming, will still try hardest to make this.

Whatever you need to do to provide for the highest number of people.

:)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Dec 12th, more time between Rocky and Squat.

Money issues. :(

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm fine with either, I should still be able to make it on either of those dates.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I voted for 12th as well.

More time to accumulate the cash between this and Rocky. Which I think could be important for some of us.

Vlade

Social Outcast
12th please

My exams finish ON the 27th, not really ideal if I want to go to this tournament without troubles

Plus 12th December is school holidays I think, that would make things a lot easier for a lot of people

Additionally I will have more time to save money ^_^

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
it seems like the current date suits all the brawl players but not so much the melee players. but i can't speak on anyones behalf lol, I don't know everyones situation, only my own.

sorry, i hate to cause any hassle but im voting for the date change purely because i cant attend the current date and i honestly would love the opportunity to play at this tournament. And I love smash and was totally bummed when I saw i couldn't go because it seems like SQUAT is gonna be really big :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm not guaranteed to come on the 12th having been fiscally burned out from JP, but at least this gives me the option to go (in the unlikely event a pile of money falls from the sky). I suppose I'll only know if I can make it after seeing how many G's I spent away.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hmmm either should suit me fine if I go, but yeah once a date is confirmed that would be helpful for planning =3

I guess the 12th suits people more, most people finish school by then which would be handy

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Dino, that sick guy says:
wait, when is santa smash
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
But it's human nature to get rocked by the dumbest things
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
hmm
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
12/12/2009
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
Oh ****
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
your welcome
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
****it
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
gay
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
homo
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
dammit
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
meta knight
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
Snake
so whats the new date then
if you could make it around santa smash, i could come to 2 tourneys, yay
and remember, plane tickets are jolly expensive around chrismas, the 5th would be nice or the 28th of nov
| Anthony | Vyse | says:
Cant do 5th sadly
| Anthony | Vyse | says:

well the 28th will have to do, well thats my opinion
**** **** gay dammit.

I'm gonna have to think about it over the weekend and decide what I'm gonna do, since LanSmash is important and I don't wanna conflict with it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wouldn't SQUAT V take precedence over LanSmash? Being a major and all.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
How could one not check such a thing....?
K, early January.

And we already had the last Lansmash's attendance killed by a little tourny called Genesis, so not again k thanks.

Actually.
12th, then, FINE, GOD.
SEE IF I FRIGGIN' CARE!
Ffs.
Haha.
etc

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Why not run them as the same event?

I don't know how hard/feasible that would be for you guys, but it's an idea.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Haha, date fail, just have Squat at Lansmash Vyse... the Venue is friggin huge, we only used like 1/10th of what was allocated to us last time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah the thought occurred to me too.

The catch is that instead of a $10 venue fee, you'll be paying $25 for two days, or $15 for one day on top of tournament entry fees.

What I'm saying is, is that there'll be a smaller pot because less scrubs will turn up (QSAC aint easy to get to), but in return we get a super epic venue and two days worth of smash.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I don't really mind venue fees, and only the top players will be concerned about the pot

I like the sound of a super epic venue and two days worth of smash

How many do you think will be attending Vyse? 60ish?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Like I said before:

Helensvale Community Centre = $10 entry fee/1 day
LanSmash = $25 entry fee/2 days (Or $15/per day) + Getting there is a *****.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Can't consider a tournament a 'major' unless it kinda has a pot to reflect it...

lansmash things have been regular travel points for OoS smashers in the past, but in no way were they really majors...

And i'm kinda ughh'd over paying exuberant venue fees to cover others burning up the power bill with their $2000+ computers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't think the pot is the main consideration to a tournament to label itself a major (see OHN7). I think it just has to be a tournament that sets a benchmark in a wide array of things, above all - national support and increased prestige.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Actually, I think it's quite reasonable on the other hand.
Rocky is charging $25 door entry, then individual entry fees for each event.

Maybe this is the way to go.

In return we get QSAC (ANZ Stadium) as a venue which will provide us with plenty of space as well as two whole days to play over.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can't consider a tournament a 'major' unless it kinda has a pot to reflect it...

I need money :grin:
The Australian Community is pretty transient now and sizeable enough to take to the next level (with increased pots etc.). It's certainly competitive enough.

Considering 30+ people are flying into Melbourne for Rocky, that amounts to a lot of cash to even reach the smash tournament.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And how much *****ing did we do about OHN7's "money that we spent to go to Street Fighter cabinets"?

Sure it was a major, and advertised as one, but everytime I see something like 'this', where the money is going mostly to others (see OHN7 and the adelaide january thing pre-ACTUAL PRIZES), then... sure it could be a major... But....

On the other hand CW is unbelievably trustworthy; with Smash as one of it's major staples for numbers, funds that go to CW I KNOW go back to smash at least proportionate to what we give.

-

CAO, you seem to be misquoting/misinterpreting me a lot these days, isn't that liek againztz deh [kanga]roos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom