• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
I once caught a shiny Whismur in my friend's Ruby and a shiny Ekans in the same friend's FireRed.

For myself, I've caught (all in Diamond sans Gyarados in HeartGold, but I wouldn't really count that one since it always appears).

-Shiny Wailmer (now a Wailord)
-Shiny Roselia
-Shiny East Gastrodon
-Shiny Bidoof (what a waste)
-Shiny Gyarados

All of them have been found out of pure luck. No chain thingy and no Shiny Charm. The last one was Bidoof in 2012. Haven't found a shiny Pokémon since.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Quoting myself from a post almost 2 years old...
Not counting ones that are given to you whether through in-game stuff like Red Gyarados or real-life events for shinies, I have a hard time keeping track. I've gotten some from trades, but I won't count them since I don't know if they are legit or not. Ones I got myself are Tympole and Cofagrigus in Black, Giratina from Arceus event in Heart Gold, Audino in White, and Mareep in White 2. In X I got Bunnelby which a certain someone evolved into Diggersby when I temporarily traded it for the dex, Snover which evolved by the same person, Panpour, Basculin, Paras, Zubat, and Weepinbell. From chainfishing I got a bunch of Poliwhirl which I traded away except for three. I evolved one into Poliwrath and one into Politoad. I'm the type of person who prefers keeping shinies I catch from random encounters in the state I caught them, so I got mad when the certain someone evolved my Bunnelby and Snover. >_>
Since then I've gotten a shiny Azelf on OR while soft reseting for nature and IV. It got a neutral nature though...and I was using Synchronize.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Oh boy, shinies! : D
I've caught, bred, and received a plethora of shinies like a goddamn fanatic:

Met (but failed to catch) a shiny cubone in Pokemon Silver. (still haunts me to this day)
Caught a shiny Ponyta in Fire-red
Got a shiny Venusaur from a friend who stopped playing pokemon and gave me a ton of rare, legendary, and event-pokemon
Got a shiny Lopunny from same friend
Got a shiny Eevee from same friend (but gifted it to another friend of mine)
Caught a shiny Pidove in Black
Caught a shiny Boldore in Black (now a pretty cool Gigalith which now looks like an ice-typepokemon)
Caught a shiny litwick with the perfect nature (but bad ivs, but screw it!) in Black (now a badass Chandelure)
Bred a shiny Deino (now a badass shiny Hydreigon) in Black (masuda method)
Bred a shiny Ralts (now a badass shiny Gardevoir) in Y (masuda + shiny charm)
Bred a shiny Honedge (now a badass shiny Aegislash) in Y (masuda + shiny charm)
Received a shiny Gengar through an online event in Omega Ruby (or was it Y?)

Also tried to breed a shiny Greninja, but took forever (even though i was using masuda+shiny charm) and gave up after 3-4 weeks (made me way too mad).
The three bred ones have perfect natures and IVs, and i used them for a long time in online battles.
Was really surprised when i found out that shiny Mega-Gardevoir has black panties. (...or well, body coloring resembling black panties)

I have yet to get a shiny legendary. A shiny Mewtwo would be a dream! <3

Ones i don't count: Shiny Gyarados (obviously)

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
;-; you know what shinies I've gotten? The guaranteed red Gyarados at Lake of Rage and a shiny Feebas from a trade so I could use a Milotic in a playthrough of Platinum. A guarantee and a trade, never any random encounters and I've been playing since 99 and I hardly ever use repels.

And that is part of why I love Gyarados. Nice typing, easy to get, nice stats, looks cool and it gave everyone who played a gen II game or a gen IV remake a chance to say they owned a shiny.

C3CC

Smash Lord
;-; you know what shinies I've gotten? The guaranteed red Gyarados at Lake of Rage and a shiny Feebas from a trade so I could use a Milotic in a playthrough of Platinum. A guarantee and a trade, never any random encounters and I've been playing since 99 and I hardly ever use repels.

And that is part of why I love Gyarados. Nice typing, easy to get, nice stats, looks cool and it gave everyone who played a gen II game or a gen IV remake a chance to say they owned a shiny.
Moxie Gyarados with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Fang and Dragon Dance <3 Equipped with a Life Orb so it hits like a truck, of course.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Moxie Gyarados with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Fang and Dragon Dance <3 Equipped with a Life Orb so it hits like a truck, of course.
The moveset sounds nice and the item is nice so long as it's not during a playthrough and instead in a more competitive battle. Moxie is the ability that raises attack by 1 stage after KOing another Pokemon iirc? Not too into the competitive scene although I do like how Gyarados isn't relegated to the likes of NU and I believe there's an even lower PU now. Or at least, I don't recall Gyarados ever being there.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Moxie sounds nice, but if you are going to give it Dragon Dance, Intimidate would be better. That way you may survive a little longer against physical attackers that don't have electric moves.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The moveset sounds nice and the item is nice so long as it's not during a playthrough and instead in a more competitive battle. Moxie is the ability that raises attack by 1 stage after KOing another Pokemon iirc? Not too into the competitive scene although I do like how Gyarados isn't relegated to the likes of NU and I believe there's an even lower PU now. Or at least, I don't recall Gyarados ever being there.
That is correct! I'm not too interested in the competitive scene either, because I don't have the time to breed perfect IV Pokémon. Granted, I do pay attention to the natures and EVs, and I do care about IVs, but only in the stats I need to be good. I don't think I can come up with really complex movesets either, as I always use fully offensive Pokémon. My Starmie, for example, has Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which makes it an easy prey to Sucker Punch. Competitive Starmie would ditch Psychic in favor of Recover, but that STAB though!

Moxie sounds nice, but if you are going to give it Dragon Dance, Intimidate would be better. That way you may survive a little longer against physical attackers that don't have electric moves.
Yeah, you are right. But, like I said, it hits like a truck and after a couple Dragon Dances it pretty much sweeps the floor with anything. Of course, I have it set up when I have the advantage and I force my opponent to either switch or await their painful death. Thankfully there are no priority Electric moves so far that inflict damage like Quick Attack or Aqua Jet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, it seems I haven't been getting notifs for this thread. Again.

My shinies? Alright, I'll go ahead and list mine, but not including event Pokemon or stuff like the Lake of Rage Gyarados. No RNG abuse shinies either.

Ponyta - I didn't know what a shiny was when I caught this, I just thought its blue fire was cool. I was really young and happened to of made a new game on Fire Red that I wouldn't save, and instead I just never turned the game off. When I turned it off to go back to my old save file, I immediately went back to where I caught that Ponyta, but never found one again.

Mankey - At this point, I knew what a shiny was. But I wasn't really paying much attention, so when it sparked, I was so surprised that I dropped my 3DS in shock. The game froze. Yeah...

Zubat - Random encounter in a cave in Hoen. The first shiny I ever got to keep. Sure, it's not the rarest or most spectacular, but a shiny is still a shiny.

Abra - A gift from a friend who caught it, but wasn't interested in it. Needless to say, I was extremely grateful. Unlike him, I take any shiny I could get.

Budew - Messing around with the Poke Radar when I ran into this thing.

Then, shortly after I got Soul Silver, I lost my Platinum cartridge one day when I was out of town. It had been in my pocket, so I don't know where or when I lost it, but all of my shinies except Abra(which was then an Alakazam) had been on that cartridge. I had very few friends, so I spent a lot of time playing Pokemon back then. Losing those countless hours of play time really hurt.

Liepard - Traded a Reshiram for it with some guy on that negotiations trade thing on Black/White. I'm 99% sure it wasn't hacked.

Litwick - I caught this guy while EV training. I eventually traded it for a shiny Haxorus, though I sort of regret it. Shiny Haxorus is cool and all, but it doesn't feel as special if I wasn't the one who caught it.

Psyduck - A random horde encounter in Pokemon Y. I was extremely nervous that I'd accidentally knock it out as I was taking out the other Psyduck around it, but I caught it. It's now a level 100 Golduck.

Feebas - Goofing around with the idea of Chain Fishing for one when I caught this guy in only, like, 5 tries. I didn't actually expect to find a shiny before I rand out of patience and gave up, so this was a really nice surprise. It's now a level 100 Milotic.

Snivy - I was IV breeding Contrary Snivy when I randomly got this guy. I always use a Japanese Ditto to breed my Pokemon, but I've never obtained a shiny through MMing before. It even inherited in the Contrary ability. Its IVs aren't competitive, but shiny Serperior is just so fancy.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Well... my mom has died. Haven't posted here since then and I feel like I wanted to tell you guys since this is where I gravitated to when I first joined not long ago. I needed time to try to pull myself together after it happened, she was only 60 years old and it came completely out of nowhere. I've never had to go to a funeral for my immediate family before, but now I have my mom's to go to on Friday, and I'm dreading it a lot.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well... my mom has died. Haven't posted here since then and I feel like I wanted to tell you guys since this is where I gravitated to when I first joined not long ago. I needed time to try to pull myself together after it happened, she was only 60 years old and it came completely out of nowhere. I've never had to go to a funeral for my immediate family before, but now I have my mom's to go to on Friday, and I'm dreading it a lot.
I'm so sorry. My condolences. :(

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I'm so sorry. My condolences. :(
Thanks. :colorful:

One thing I feel happy about is that I actually got my mom into a video game about two years before she died. I decided I'd let her try Animal Crossing on the Wii at random, and she became obsessed with it within two days. Since then she moved on to buy her own 3DS just so she could play AC: New Leaf on it, and she basically played it nonstop for two years. She absolutely loved the game in a way I never anticipated.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My condolences to you as well. Hope you will be able to recover.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Oh my God... I'm so sorry to see this.... May she rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with your family. Stay strong, my friend.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That is correct! I'm not too interested in the competitive scene either, because I don't have the time to breed perfect IV Pokémon. Granted, I do pay attention to the natures and EVs, and I do care about IVs, but only in the stats I need to be good. I don't think I can come up with really complex movesets either, as I always use fully offensive Pokémon. My Starmie, for example, has Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which makes it an easy prey to Sucker Punch. Competitive Starmie would ditch Psychic in favor of Recover, but that STAB though!
I haven't been all that competitive in Pokemon either, but I have been able to compose legal Pokemon with (almost) perfect IV spreads. I do mix up my Pokemon sets between sweepers, supporters, weather users, and even Trick Room users though.

That's very sad to hear. I'm fortunate that my parents are still around, but I only have like two grandmothers left, since all of my grandfathers have passed away.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I saw /Lucina's post earlier, but I've waited so long to post because I just didn't know what to say.
Losing someone close to you is just such an awful feeling. I still remember the horrible feeling I had in my gut when I was told my dog was going to be put down all those years ago as if it were yesterday. It's the type of experience that sticks with you your entire life.

Although once you finish going through the recovery process, the intense emotions loss makes you feel eventually get replaced with a sense of melancholy that makes memories of your lost loved one more beautiful. I know it sound cheesy to put it that way, but that's really how I feel it is. It gets better over time.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I can't fully relate. I've lost one of my aunts and one of my grandfathers but I wasn't particularly close to either of them. If anything, I felt more bad for my father when my grandfather passed away since my dad was really close to him. I could've lost my mother last year and the thought of that drove me into depression for 6 months but she's alive and well so that depression is long gone.

I can't claim to feel empathy but I can do as others have and give my condolences.

As time inevitably heals wounds and with your user name and avi and my avi, perhaps it wouldn't be wrong to say "It's going to be alright."

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I understand. My grandpa who was very near and dear to me died a few weeks ago, so I can sympathize with you in at least some form. I hope everything goes alright for you.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I haven't been all that competitive in Pokemon either, but I have been able to compose legal Pokemon with (almost) perfect IV spreads. I do mix up my Pokemon sets between sweepers, supporters, weather users, and even Trick Room users though.
I've only trained two support Pokémon in my entire life. One is Ferrothorn, which has Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Toxic and Stealth Rock, and is equipped with Leftovers. The other one is Jellicent, which has Surf, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp and Recover, its ability is Cursed Body, and it holds a Rocky Helmet. I know that my Jellicent's set is strange but it has proven to be effective. Touch her physically and not only you will get hurt; you will also be likely to lose your move.

I hope /Lucina /Lucina is doing alright. I have lost two cousins and I know how much it hurts to lose a loved one. The worst part is that they were siblings. One died in 2007 in a car crash, and the other died last May in a car crash as well. Talk about bad luck. Now my uncle and aunt have no kids left... It's so depressing :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My Ferrothorn is more of a tank that relies on Trick Room, as it utilizes Power Whip, Gyro Ball, and Curse. Uxie is one of my Trick Room users, and it also has Imprison so that it can keep its opponents from using Trick Room AND Protect; it knows Protect as well.

Whimsicott is another one of my support Pokemon, as it has Tailwind to boost my party's speed, Worry Seed to change abilities if necessary (such as removing Slow Start from Regigigas), and Taunt stops opponents from using status moves. It does have Giga Drain for some offense though.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm a filthy Pokemon casual. My old teams had nothing but attacks. :p

I just don't have the patience for IV/EV perfect nature (dream) ability stuff.
:162:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I like punishing and attrition based moves. Spreading toxic poison around, repeatedly phasing people into the entry hazards I set up, taunting to deprive Poke'mon of their setting up, laughing like a circus clown when I burn a flowcharting dragon dance sweeper...

Every once and a while I do enjoy the hitting things hard. Who doesn't like seeing people sweat when my Celebi baton passes a couple nasty plots to a Gengar?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mostly played competitively on battle simulators. If you're aiming to make the best team you can manage, it's really the way to go. An important part of making a good competitive team is testing it to see if you can find any serious flaws that weren't apparent at first, and it's much quicker to adjust your team on a battle simulator; as opposed to wifi, where you might have to end up IV breeding or soft resetting for a whole knew Pokemon.

I've attempted to try to replicated my best simulator teams for wifi, but I always lost motivation around half way through. Then the metagame would change for some reason and the team would become outdated. I've got a whole bunch of 5V pokemon for wifi, but no solid, battle-tested teams. There's also other problems, such as Pokemon like Wish Chansey or Belly Drum Linoone being extremely rare in game, especially if you're looking for legal ones with good IVs.

I'm one of the few people who absolutely loves rotation battles, though. Maybe when Pokemon Sun/Moon come around, I'll be motivated to create a wifi team for that.

Competitive Pokemon training... Being the mid toer player I am, I use some weird stuff. My primary mega is Mega Banette, as much as Metagross is my favorite Pokemon. I use stuff like Regice and Entei in ways that are highly unconventional, but somehow work. I only train EVs and IVs on a select few, so... no help here.
Pokken in one week. Excited for it but scared for the state of Smash 4 after it...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Competitive Pokemon training... Being the mid toer player I am, I use some weird stuff. My primary mega is Mega Banette, as much as Metagross is my favorite Pokemon. I use stuff like Regice and Entei in ways that are highly unconventional, but somehow work. I only train EVs and IVs on a select few, so... no help here.
Pokken in one week. Excited for it but scared for the state of Smash 4 after it...
I seriously doubt Pokken will be eating into Smash's audience THAT much (it's much bigger than you realize), at least not initially.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
I hope you have someone who went with you. Its hardest when its a surprise, and you need someone who can be there for you, and watch out for you if people get too oppressive or expect you to behave in a certain way. Emotions are tough.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Everyone needs to watch this, fellow FetusCat fanatic KillerJawz has some fairly invaluable info in this.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sup fellow ultimate life forms.

Good to be back home with the Mewtwo Boards!

I never did fully main Mewtwo because I had little faith in my skill with him or how good he would be, but that's over now.

I'm glad I can do my name justice!

:150:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

for anyone watching (or watched) Glitch's low-tier tourney

VoiD has a Mewtwo.

I REPEAT, VoiD HAS A MEWTWO.

EDIT: HE WON GLITCH LOW TIER SINGLES USING ONLY MEWTWO. WE LIVIN BOIS

Last edited by a moderator:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735

VoiD has a Mewtwo.

Yep.
I'm pretty sure he enjoys playing Mewtwo. Just look at some of ZeRo's videos - he's shown playing Mewtwo in a few matches.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

VoiD has a Mewtwo.

EDIT: HE WON GLITCH LOW TIER SINGLES USING ONLY MEWTWO. WE LIVIN BOIS
Void should have been disqualified for cheating with a mid tier and using confusion on whoever organized it

Jk. I wonder how much more evidence is needed to show people he is mid tier?

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Void should have been disqualified for cheating with a mid tier and using confusion on whoever organized it

Jk. I wonder how much more evidence is needed to show people he is mid tier?
Yeah, was surprised to hear Mewtwo is allowed on low-tier tourneys in the first place.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo indeed shouldn't be considered Low Tier. He's High Mid at worst at this point.

But guys we must obey the almighty OFFICIAL tier list that states how good our character is! None of this positive talk blasphemy!

No but real talk I'm loving the positive attitude from these boards these days, it's awesome :D.

Also super glad you guys enjoyed my video, thank you <3.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At worst a high mid character?
That's a really positive attitude. I like it.
Mewtwos have been beating Clouds, who is pretty much the character with THE most results right now. If MewSquared can beat Mew2King's Cloud, I do think there's reasons to be positive. He does have quite a lot of 40-60 matchups (losing) in the cast of the Top Tiers tho (Diddy, Fox, Sheik come to mind especially) but due to their light weight and rage being a huge thing for Mewtwo, he still does stand a chance.

Especially in a 2 Stock Tournament Ruleset like we have right now. I swear, would it be 3 Stocks, and a player gets what shenanigans the Mewtwo player is throwing at him, it's far easier to prepare for him. Mewtwo really relies on the 'heat of the moment' moments. Very risky, but he does it well.

I think there's a lot of potential yet to be seen with Mewtwo. And am looking forward to see his metagame evolve.

Top Bottom