• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Monster Hunter Generations looks amazing, as I knew it would. I'm so happy that i's finally coming to the west!

Star Fox Zero looks fantastic! It and Pokken really make me wish that my Wii U wasn't busted! Even that free-to-play online co-op game looks cool!

Today I ate two cans of soup and a pack of bologna, so I'm quite happy.

Tomorrow I'm carpooling out to Essex County in Virginia to help with tornado relief. If any of you are able to help out people who are effected by these huge storms, I would encourage you to do so!

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
On a different note, I've started experiencing success from short hoping backwards as a bait for characters who like approaching with aerial options, like bairs from a Mario or fairs from sheik. Once I see that their going to input an aerial off their own SH I land and do a turn around fair to meet them head on during the later frames of their move or sometimes even beat them out right during their intial frames with good spacing. I find it most useful in late game when people grow more cautions of getting shield grabbed.

Am I fool for this?
I just started doing this too. Recently, I played a marth that really, REALLY liked to just sit in place and SH fair. So, I started doing SH bair and began catching him every time.

He stopped after that.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Uhh, have you SEEN the current character select screen? It screams new characters. Four of them, from the looks of it. I hope they chose well.
:214: deserves a mention at least, and something else from Generation 6 like Diancie wouldn't surprise me either.
........why must people tempt me to be mean?

Obviously yes. The character select screen looks like it should have more characters. Yet nothing has been announced and the game releases in a little over two weeks.

People expect things too much. This Nintendo Direct for example: "DURRR I EXPECT 100 NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS STRAIGHT OUT OF MY DREAMS!!?!!!" and what happens literally every time? They get dissappointed. They could easily not release more characters and save those missing spots for DLC later.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just because there is room on a character select screen for more characters doesn't mean the is going to be more characters.
Most numbers don't make perfect squares, and I think its safe to assume that characters aren't generally added or subtracted from rosters just to make the roster count a perfect square.

They also said they aren't currently planning on DLC. I mean, that doesn't rule out the possibility for DLC entirely - Sakurai didn't plan for Smash to have DLC, after all - but we shouldn't get our expectations too high.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I personally believe that while 2 Mewtwo and a Gengar is sufficient for me to take interest, Pokken still needs 3 more Mewtwos before I can consider it complete.

Also holy cow a Slippy game. Star Fox Zero is like, the best now.

Last edited:

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Also I'd just like to say that Shadow Mewtwo/Dark Mewtwo appears to play differently than Mewtwo so that's much appreciated as it's not a straight up clone fighter but rather has it's own style.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I have decided that I will definately be maining one of the Mewtwos in Pokken.

Not sure which.....

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My Essex trip got cancelled due to the wimpiest snow storm ever :/

This has been a rather boring day because of that. I bought some bread, peanut butter, and bananas... I'd rather be helping people with chainsaw in hand rather than sitting around playing Pokemon X.

I forgot to catch Mewtwo in my 1,000+ hour save file, before I restarted last year. So I was like, "well, let's do a mono-Grass run of Pokemon X and catch a Mewtwo for my Omega Ruby Pokédex."

Riveting stuff...

Generalizing the current questions.
Do you guys think Pokken is going to be somewhere on SmashBoards?
What Pokken character are you going to main?

My answers:
I think Pokken should have its own form of what became Squidboards.
As for my main? I'll just say this- Once you see that wand... you know.
(Overall, every character looks so good, I can't decide just yet. But I'm leaning towards Braixen unless there really are four more surprise entries.)

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wish they created a Pokkénboards too, I only wish....
I've talked about that before, but that Blaziken is looking sexy as hell.... Charizard not so much, but I will main both anyway, with Eeveelutions support. That Mewtwo threw me off.... but he can be a terciary I guess.

Oh, right, I almost forgot about supports! I could not believe it when I saw that Victini and Dragonite, two of my top picks for playable fighters, were relegated to support. Fortunately, they were paired together, so I can use both of them!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, right, I almost forgot about supports! I could not believe it when I saw that Victini and Dragonite, two of my top picks for playable fighters, were relegated to support. Fortunately, they were paired together, so I can use both of them!
Victini's entire claim to fame seems to lie with it's V-Star ability (ie being a living buff), as one can see with it's Smash appearance. Otherwise it's just another 100 100 100 100 100 Mythical Pokemon that happens to have two unique fire moves. Still, gotta appreciate the very ingenious nod to a nuclear bomb.

Dragonite as an assist seems rather fitting honestly, it would rather use it's power to help others than straight up fight.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Generalizing the current questions.
Do you guys think Pokken is going to be somewhere on SmashBoards?
What Pokken character are you going to main?
I really want there to be a Pokkenboards but I don't really think it's gonna happen because the game isn't as big as Smash Bros or Splatoon. Honestly, who knows though. We could get a Pokkenboards one day.

I'm definitely thinking about maining Suicune and Mewtwo/Shadow Mewtwo. Suicune looks to be pretty unique and not many people are playing as it in the preview copies so it seems like the underdog so far. As for Mewtwo/Shadow Mewtwo, he is my main in Smash 4 so why not
image.png
main him in Pokken?

Smashboards really needs to put the gen 3 Pokemon sprites in

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So, today out of the blue a friend invited me to come play in the student union building at my school. He said there was a really good ROB player there. I was down and went to go have a few matches.

I get there and I just watch for a while, he usually won against everyone pretty easily. I just practice on CPU's while I'm waiting for my turn.

I finally get to go against him and 2-Stock him in the first match. We keep playing and I won fairly consistently. I don't know how many matches we had but he only beat me once (I think we played 7 total. Could be wrong).

Before we all left he talked to me and told me I should head to more tournaments around the state. He said that he was a TO in one area and one of the top 30 players in the state! If thats true then I'm super satisfied with my progress recently.

Being one of the top 30 in any state makes me feel pretty darn good despite going to very few tours. I forgot to save a few replays (as usual) but I will try to get a few when I can.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So, today out of the blue a friend invited me to come play in the student union building at my school. He said there was a really good ROB player there. I was down and went to go have a few matches.

I get there and I just watch for a while, he usually won against everyone pretty easily. I just practice on CPU's while I'm waiting for my turn.

I finally get to go against him and 2-Stock him in the first match. We keep playing and I won fairly consistently. I don't know how many matches we had but he only beat me once (I think we played 7 total. Could be wrong).

Before we all left he talked to me and told me I should head to more tournaments around the state. He said that he was a TO in one area and one of the top 30 players in the state! If thats true then I'm super satisfied with my progress recently.

Being one of the top 30 in any state makes me feel pretty darn good despite going to very few tours. I forgot to save a few replays (as usual) but I will try to get a few when I can.
Did you play as Mewtwo?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Did you play as Mewtwo?
Yeah, he was all I used.

I played against Rob, DK, Captain Falcon, and one other character I forgot about. He kept changing to try and figure out how to fight Mewtwo. He eventually settled for just ROB.

I also have realised that Heavy Weights are a real challenge for me with Mewtwo. Unless I land an Up-Smash they live forever and can kill me with ease. I gotta constantly switch up my game just to survive. It isn't fun. :laugh:

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Hey guys, I went to my locals again this week, and I managed to get 2nd with Mewtwo without dropping a set! (up until grand finals anyways)
It was me vs. a Diddy Kong and... I was destroyed lmao
It was insane. Stuff was flying all over the place, from Shadow Balls to bananas, but... mostly me. That darn banana was simply the cherry on the icing; I couldn't do anything with or against it. And when I did reflect it, I almost always failed on the followups. I was getting thrown and kicked in the face countless times... erm, I think I'm rambling.

Long story short, I guess I really, really, really need to work on that particular matchup. I did get lots of praise on my Mewtwo once again though, felt nice. -u- Hopefully I can do better next time!

:150:

Yeah, so I main :4lucas: now, but as a member of #Pokesquad, I'll not leave this social. :4mewtwo: and :4greninja: are my permanent secondaries, and this roster will not be changing! I'm happy I've finally settled on who I'm using... but it's a shame I wasted 4.99 on :4corrin: lol. Hey, at least he's my best swordfighter so far, as much as I often blank out and spam the paralyzer.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Happy 500th page! You know how on the Classic Mode difficulty screen it's supposed to show the character with the highest score on top? On the Wii U, it shows Corrin even though Mewtwo has the highest score. For some reason, I can't get it to change to Mewtwo no matter how many times I beat it...

Igzex

Our fair lady demands more from you before she wants to be your high score.
(Don't worry my high score is Ike)

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I forgot to mention it here but I also attended a tournament last weekend. I went to Nebulous in NYC and ended up going 2 and 2, getting 13th out of 35 players (most of them were at a bigger tournament elsewhere in NYC, so it wasn't as big as usual). I went all Mewtwo.

I don't go to tournaments often but every time it's a fun experience. Even though I got demolished against Ryu and Bayonetta I learned a lot about each matchup, and I like to think I taught some players a thing or two about Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Planning to use Mewtwo and Cloud at Come to Papa in the next two weeks, it's a regional in Florida with over 100 people in attendance. ESAM, MVD, Tremendous Dude, Purple Guy and Poltergust are all going to it'll be pretty tough. Nervous considering I'll potentially run into so many too players and it's my first real big tourney so to speak. Need to get proper practice with you guys.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
WVW69ifp28AoaEIz-N.jpe
Currently Corrin is showing up in the red circle on the Classic Mode difficulty screen on my Wii U. However, Mewtwo has the high score for Classic Mode. How do I get Mewtwo to show up instead of Corrin? :(

C3CC

Smash Lord
Yeah, so I main :4lucas: now, but as a member of #Pokesquad, I'll not leave this social. :4mewtwo: and :4greninja: are my permanent secondaries, and this roster will not be changing! I'm happy I've finally settled on who I'm using... but it's a shame I wasted 4.99 on :4corrin: lol. Hey, at least he's my best swordfighter so far, as much as I often blank out and spam the paralyzer.
You could have given it to me, I'm dying to have Lost In Thoughts All Alone in my game :( Hahaha.

My Mewtwo is so solid right now. No other character feels as well as him. Not even Rosalina. It's getting more common to see people being praised for their Mewtwos and placing well at local tournaments, too.

Mewtwo will be high tier one day, guys. Mark my words. You read it here first.

Igzex

CAUGHT A SHINY ARIADOS IN THE SKY PILLAR OMAJUFHGBJSAKJHSBFNJKJANAJFKMGHJRIEWKQAJN!!!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
CAUGHT A SHINY ARIADOS IN THE SKY PILLAR OMAJUFHGBJSAKJHSBFNJKJANAJFKMGHJRIEWKQAJN!!!
Grats! I've only ever seen a Shiny Kingler before back in firered...to which that game and shiny is gone :/

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've found plenty of shinies accidentally, including a shiny Giratina in HG through the Arceus event and shiny Azelf in OR.

Igzex

So far my shinies (not counting gyarados and event mons) are

* Hoot Hoot (First Shiny. Lost when my Silver's save battery died)

* Meowth (Gift from my girlfriend at the time. Lost when my Silver's save battery died.)

* Mewtwo (Bound to happen when you had about 11 of them going to your silver from the time capsule. Lost when Silver's save battery died.)

* Mewtwo (First post gen 2 shiny. Since this was fire red I had to do a lot of soft resets for a good timid Mewtwo but instead I got a shiny. If you thought my reaction to Ariadios was hype imagine what I did in my room when that happened)

* Gastly (Happened while EV training in the old chateau)

* Ariados (Thanks Shiny Charm!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom