• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
You can still enjoy casual play and be a hardcore player. The game can be played either way. That's the big appeal about Smash. Too much of one kind of play only can get repetitive sometimes.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Could some people read over the Nair KB Guide? I want to post it in the guide's section. However, I want to make sure it is finished and good first. I need to know what parts are hard to understand and need more explanation, and what is just poorly worded or badly done.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
You can still enjoy casual play and be a hardcore player. The game can be played either way. That's the big appeal about Smash. Too much of one kind of play only can get repetitive sometimes.
I just feel like it slows my progress in the competitive area. Especially if I'm not even using my main.

Tomorrow I will try to chill out a bit and just go random for the day. Hopefully today was a one-time thing.

Best way to play the Great Cave Offensive:
  • if you have 8 players
  • if items are on
  • if equipment and customs are fully activated
  • 300hp stamina match
It's easily the best casual experience I've experienced in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
That would be way too much for me. XD

"I'll just be on the couch losing my randomizer nuzlocke if yall need me." :150:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Great Cave Offensive would be more enjoyable if I didn't have to either squint or sit super close to the TV just to see my character. Same issue with Palutena's Temple but not quite as bad. And I don't have a small TV either.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
"Dying at 66% to a Stone Kirby at the middle of the screen"~
*Just Mewtwo things*
Godbless you..There is nothing more depressing in SSB4 than hearing Mewtwo's star KO, no matter what character you play as or main. I hope you're taking the proper recovery afterwards because that is a hard way to go out.

On a different note, I've started experiencing success from short hoping backwards as a bait for characters who like approaching with aerial options, like bairs from a Mario or fairs from sheik. Once I see that their going to input an aerial off their own SH I land and do a turn around fair to meet them head on during the later frames of their move or sometimes even beat them out right during their intial frames with good spacing. I find it most useful in late game when people grow more cautions of getting shield grabbed.

Am I fool for this?

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Godbless you..There is nothing more depressing in SSB4 than hearing Mewtwo's star KO, no matter what you character you play as or main. I hope you're taking the proper recovery afterwards because that is a hard way to go out.

On a different note, I've started experiencing success from short hoping backwards as a bait for characters who like approaching with aerial options, like bairs from a Mario or fairs from sheik. Once I see that their going to input an aerial off their own SH I land and do a turn around fair to meet them head on during the later frames of their move or sometimes even beat them out right during their intial frames with good spacing. I find it most useful in late game when people grow more cautions of getting shield grabbed.

Am I fool for this?
Of course you're not a fool. In fact, I think I'll have to try that strategy out sometime.

Also I freaking love your profile pic.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Of course you're not a fool. In fact, I think I'll have to try that strategy out sometime.

Also I freaking love your profile pic.
Thanks! I'm hoping it could be yet another decent mix up to pull off.

Nintendo direct tomorrow... expect sun and moon and a whole lotta Metroid
I don't believe we will get anything at all related to S&M, it would make the Pokemon direct we got the other day somewhat pointless. Although I do expect a full frontal assault from all angles on E3 with little in between then and now outside of perphaps box arts and/or starters. Metroid and others are in a similar boat with little until E3 I believe.

Also I thought this was fun so I wanted share.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Godbless you..There is nothing more depressing in SSB4 than hearing Duck Hunt's star KO, no matter what character you play as or main. I hope you're taking the proper recovery afterwards because that is a hard way to go out.
FTFY. :4duckhunt:

I don't even like dogs, and Duck Hunt's star KO sound effect depresses me.
:162:

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
There's a part in some manga in which Mewtwo uses a giant spoon to stab Deoxys through the chest.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hilarious yes... but that spoon can slice buildings in half ;)
Never really found it to be that silly myself given Mewtwo wields it like a samurai. It's going to be fun when Mewtwo finally makes an appearance in a Death Battle episode, if only to listen to Wiz/Boomstick talk about it. Cuts buildings in half, turns into a fork, thrown/controlled midair as an energy projectile, create tornadoes, and extend without limit. LMAO

Just pay attention to the XY saga of the manga, as it's only a matter of time before we get Mega Mewtwo given Team Flare has set up camp in the Pokemon Village a few chapters ago. ORAS just revealed that Devon Corp made a mini-Ultimate Weapon and used it to capture Mega Rayquaza at the Embedded Tower (HGSS), killing (the non-Whismur) Aster in the process. While XY has some Essentia disguise shenanigans going on.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Just pay attention to the XY saga of the manga, as it's only a matter of time before-
Whoa whoa!
Stopped reading right there!
A spoiler warning would be nice! D:

(i mean, i haven't read the manga in ages, but i do plan on catching up)

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I only have about $20 left.

Today I was approved for an EBT card in the SNAP program (food stamps). I didn't want to do it, but my alternatives were even more unsavory: beg, mooch, or starve. Food stamps really are my only option until I get a job.

I'm so thankful that I at least have this. I'm pretty excited about being able to go buy some food again. I gotta wait about 1 more hour before I can pick up the card.

I'll undoubtedly travel to the library today to watch the Nintendo Direct. I'm excited for that, too! Rumor is Monster Hunter Cross is getting localized (and named Monster Hunter Generations), as well as a HYPE new DLC costume that I am super excited for! MH DLC is always free, btw.

Sure, I have no money, but it's exciting to me anyway! One day I'll get MHGenerations for sure. It really looks to be the best MH game ever, imo.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I can't stand ZeRo, so I'll pass on that video...

Anyway, here are my predictions for today's Direct!

-Pikmin 4 revealed.
-Paper Mario Wii U announced.
-Star Fox Zero delayed again.
-amiibo for Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta.
-Footage from Zelda Wii U.
-Footage from Pokkén Tournament.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Did they mention a wave of Pokémon amiibo for the 20th before? I noticed a large amount at my EB Games (French Gamestop) which is how I got my Mewtwo amiibo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whoa whoa!
Stopped reading right there!
A spoiler warning would be nice! D:

(i mean, i haven't read the manga in ages, but i do plan on catching up)
http://jb2448.info/

Fair enough, don't worry too much though it's a lot more complicated than that/fan speculation, it's all from Japanese Monthly Magazines so a lot gets changed/expanded upon in the actual volume releases, plus most of it hasn't been properly translated. Personally I need to start reading the Black/White saga and read the official HGSS saga. There's actually a lot of missing in-between chapters for XY.

I just wish they'd release Volume 53 already. It's been a year+(?) since 52 came out and the Black 2/White 2 saga has been dead since then, while XY/ORAS enough content to fill around 7 volumes already. Not to mention the USA is finally caught up in terms of official releases beyond 52.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I don't think the Direct will be too eventful. They're likely saving stuff for E3 to make up for the Digital Event last year. I don't expect anything on Zelda. Star Fox seems like a guarantee.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
In this direct I'm expecting some news on Pokemon Sun and Moon and maybe Starfox.

What I would like to see is a surprise Greninja confirmation in Pokken but I'm kinda doubting it.

Nintendo might also say something about Metroid Federation Force. It seems like everyone forgot about that game.

Furret24

Smash Master
I don't really know what to expect out of this direct outside of Stair Fax Star Fox.

48 minutes before it starts.
:162:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
They will announce MGS5, Witcher 3, FO4, SFV, MKXL, Rocket League, Super Mario Galaxy 3, F-Zero U, Mother 4, Metroid Prime 4 and Fire Emblem Fates, all for Wii U.
Either that or it will just be updates on games we already know with no hype nor surprises....

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
*sigh* And the Direct actually started well....
Then, 3DS flood, Wii U is dead, reep, guys.
I still had the slightest hope something Metroid related was coming after the Federation Force news.
Yep, reep, future and dreams, we can hop to the NX already, there is nothing left for the Wii U.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well, the direct is over and I can say that I'm happy with it. SNES games on the New 3DS and a new Kirby (Kirby can now use mechs!) has got me hyped. I definitely have to get an eshop card so I can get myself Donkey Kong Country 1-2 and Super Metroid soon.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This broadcast has been interrupted to show you some cool Mewtwo play....
Also, love story.
Sadly, I am extremely depressed at my own love life so I have a tendency to despise 99% of all relationships. No exception here.

Anyone else worried about that new Paper Mario game? That is the series I like most (besides Splatoon) shown today, and it has Stickee Star elements...uh oh.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I am extremely depressed at my own love life so I have a tendency to despise 99% of all relationships. No exception here.

Anyone else worried about that new Paper Mario game? That is the series I like most (besides Splatoon) shown today, and it has Stickee Star elements...uh oh.
Your avatar fits this statement.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nothing new for Pokken...so I guess I'll just pray for a release day surprise.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did they mention a wave of Pokémon amiibo for the 20th before? I noticed a large amount at my EB Games (French Gamestop) which is how I got my Mewtwo amiibo.
Yeah, I believe I heard something about Gamestop doing restocks on February 27th, along with some one-day sales on Pokemon merchandise.

Nothing new for Pokken...so I guess I'll just pray for a release day surprise.
Uhh, have you SEEN the current character select screen? It screams new characters. Four of them, from the looks of it. I hope they chose well.
:214: deserves a mention at least, and something else from Generation 6 like Diancie wouldn't surprise me either.

Top Bottom