• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

Rich Brown's Mewtwo has beaten K9's Sheik in the past before.

I actually am pretty optimistic when it comes to Mewtwo's higher tier MUs. I believe the only ones where he gets outright **** on are :4fox: and :4metaknight:. The other ones are range from doable to difficult, but not horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously don't know what I was thinking playing Mewtwo against a Fox at KTAR. I almost went with Palutena, too.

I made this for some kind of future Pokken Boards. But, I have a good feeling this picture will be growing an extra row...

C3CC

Smash Lord
Excellent! I just know for a fact that Mewtwo will be on the high tier one day. I won't ever get tired of saying this. Just mark-my-words.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rich Brown's Mewtwo has beaten K9's Sheik in the past before.

I actually am pretty optimistic when it comes to Mewtwo's higher tier MUs. I believe the only ones where he gets outright **** on are :4fox: and :4metaknight:. The other ones are range from doable to difficult, but not horrible.
Shame though that both Fox and MetaKnight are starting to get more prominent than before. Never would've expected MetaKnight to be so bad, cause Mewtwo should theoretically zone him out. But that Up B is gonna finish Mewtwo at early %... That's a sure thing. Diddy and Sheik are also obviously bad news, but I think Mewtwo holds up well against pretty much anyone else.

All the un-notable Lucas mains... I feel bad for them. He's a very well-rounded character who's easily even with Pit and Toon Link in that high-tier position. Partially the reason I settled on Lucas- he may be called low tier, but he is clearly far from it.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Excellent! I just know for a fact that Mewtwo will be on the high tier one day. I won't ever get tired of saying this. Just mark-my-words.
The best feeling in the world when your hypothesis that is criticized by everyone becomes right. I remember saying that Luigi was good when he was denoted as the worst character at one point...oh the gloating afterwards

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So i need help thinking of a title for something i would like to start doing where i upload sets of matches against really good players of different characters something similar to "For Honor" something like that. Any ideas?

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
So i need help thinking of a title for something i would like to start doing where i upload sets of matches against really good players of different characters something similar to "For Honor" something like that. Any ideas?
Way to played out, literally everyone and their sister has the same names for these. I would suggest something similar to the list below.

How to Make Money Off People 101
Soul Snatching 001
Online Bullying with Mewtwo
For Fat Stacks
SMASH GAMES GONE WRONG [SEXUAL] [PUBLIC] [TAIL]

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The best feeling in the world when your hypothesis that is criticized by everyone becomes right. I remember saying that Luigi was good when he was denoted as the worst character at one point...oh the gloating afterwards
To be fair, vectoring did hurt his combos more than his current dthrow nerf did.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Way to played out, literally everyone and their sister has the same names for these. I would suggest something similar to the list below.

How to Make Money Off People 101
Soul Snatching 001
Online Bullying with Mewtwo
For Fat Stacks
SMASH GAMES GONE WRONG [SEXUAL] [PUBLIC] [TAIL]
"For Fat Stacks" lmao that's beautiful

C3CC

Smash Lord
So there's a huge argument in Smash Venezuela (the country's Smash community's page on Facebook) because ZeRo posted his personal tier list and people are complaining that Mewtwo is not placed in the high tier.

They're starting to see our potential.

It begins.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
A day of reckoning awaits as our fair lady prepares to make numerous "upsets" in these tournaments...

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I think ZeRo is just being cautious since Mewtwo's resurgence is still quite recent although I do find Wii Fit's presence in high tier surprising.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Mewtwo isn't in high tier on ZeRo's high tier list because he based those placements mainly on results. While Mewtwo is obviously good, he doesn't have the results required to beat Wii Fit, who has many top 32's at supermajors. While M2 has none.

Also, I need input on my Nair KB guide before I post it. Could someone read over it and tell me if I need to explain a certain area more, if I am missing something or if one area doesn't make sense?

I am planning on making a section about the new findings on the hitbox and such and adding it to the guide.

Last edited:
Mewtwo isn't in high tier on ZeRo's high tier list because he based those placements mainly on results. While Mewtwo is obviously good, he doesn't have the results required to beat Wii Fit, who has many top 32's at supermajors. While M2 has none.
Not to mention, John Numbers won the Nintendo World Championship using Wii Fit Trainer. (Granted, it was over a Zelda player...)
But yes, although Wii Fit may not show up often, the good ones often show up to supermajors and somehow make it into the top few. EDIT: The two top Wii Fit players placed in the top 32 at EVO, though there were customs allowed.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Not to mention, John Numbers won the Nintendo World Championship using Wii Fit Trainer. (Granted, it was over a Zelda player...)
But yes, although Wii Fit may not show up often, the good ones often show up to supermajors and somehow make it into the top few. EDIT: The two top Wii Fit players placed in the top 32 at EVO, though there were customs allowed.
Rin top 32'ed at G3.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Exactly.

If we Mewtwo mains want to see Mewtwo rise on the tier list, we can't simply tell people that he's good. We have to go out and prove it. Rather than getting angry about his tier placement, we need to use it as a motivator to get better and to develop his metagame.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Why in the world would someone use Wii Fit Trainer, of all people...

Ahem!

I agree. We must go out and make Mewtwo win more stuff.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I've been playing with heavy hitter-type characters (normally the type I don't like to play) lately, namely Charizard and Bowser (but also some Ike and Dedede). Maybe some of it's patches, but I enjoy them a lot more now, particularly Charizard.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I've been playing with heavy hitter-type characters (normally the type I don't like to play) lately, namely Charizard and Bowser (but also some Ike and Dedede). Maybe some of it's patches, but I enjoy them a lot more now, particularly Charizard.
Charizard is awesome. He's so underrated. Make sure you abuse Short Hop > Neutral Air, and always have in mind that Rock Smash is your friend. A very good friend. The thing is pretty much a counter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I think Rock Smash is better than most counters because unlike those, it always has a hitbox no matter if you get hit or not. Not to mention that it does a ton of shield damage. And then you've got its massive damage output and the sliding rock smash tech...it's just great. It's one of the main reasons I decided to main Charizard in the first place.

Charizard's also get a great juggle game with his fast dash speed, Nair, Up Smash, and the occasional Flare Blitz. Zard may not be good in neutral, but if he can get you above his head, he's a monster.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Alright guys, 1.1.5 landed out of no where. Anyone wanna do a quick M2 check?

First placebo: The teleport glitch is gone. Testing myself on battlefield and I don't seem to bounce away but rather snap up.

On Reddit too:"it seems like mewtwo no longer bounces against slanted platforms when doing up b"

I really hope other m2s are here to help me lab

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It might be placebo, but I think they nerfed Mewtwo's up air. Short hop and up air right away and there's no hit box on the Mewtwo in front of me in training mode. :/

Or has hitboxes always been jank?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It might be placebo, but I think they nerfed Mewtwo's up air. Short hop and up air right away and there's no hit box on the Mewtwo in front of me in training mode. :/

Or has hitboxes always been jank?
I find m2s uair hitbox janky at times while short hoppes befofe, this doesn't seem to be something new.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can confirm Mewtwo doesn't bounce off slanted platforms. He snatches battlefield right away. Another possible placebo is less range on forward air, but then again this is my first time attempting to lab Mewtwo. Therefore I have no experience on specifics. I've only paid attention to damage and very obvious stuff before.

Edit: It feels nice being able to snap the ledge from teleporting from below Lylat Cruise.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Yoooooo we heavier now?!?!
Yes things have been said in youtube comments etc that M2 got a weight buff. Two things I gotta say on that:

1. Sakurai truly has been listening to our pleads for help:joyful:
2. NOW LITERALLY NO ONE CAN SAY THAT MEWTWO IS LOW TIER PERIOD.:150:

Now our metagame will truly develop (hopefully)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes things have been said in youtube comments etc that M2 got a weight buff. Two things I gotta say on that:

1. Sakurai truly has been listening to our pleads for help:joyful:
2. NOW LITERALLY NO ONE CAN SAY THAT MEWTWO IS LOW TIER PERIOD.:150:

Now our metagame will truly develop (hopefully)
I don't think he got that much of a weight buff that no one would complain about it...

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
data\fighter\bayonetta\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\bayonetta\script\animcmd\weapon\wickedweavearm\game.bin
data\fighter\cloud\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\duckhunt\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\ganon\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\gekkouga\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\kamui\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\kamui\script\animcmd\weapon\ryusensya\game.bin
data\fighter\kirby\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\link\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\weapon\explosion\game.bin
data\fighter\metaknight\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\mewtwo\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\pacman\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\palutena\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\peach\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\reflet\script\animcmd\body\game.bin

I think this means he got something, but what?

Edit: 72 to 74 weight I believe, making him heavier than Game and Watch. Well, I'll take it.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
data\fighter\bayonetta\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\bayonetta\script\animcmd\weapon\wickedweavearm\game.bin
data\fighter\cloud\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\duckhunt\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\ganon\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\gekkouga\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\kamui\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\kamui\script\animcmd\weapon\ryusensya\game.bin
data\fighter\kirby\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\link\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\weapon\explosion\game.bin
data\fighter\metaknight\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\mewtwo\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\pacman\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\palutena\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\peach\script\animcmd\body\game.bin
data\fighter\reflet\script\animcmd\body\game.bin

I think this means he got something, but what?

Edit: 72 to 74 weight I believe, making him heavier than Game and Watch. Well, I'll take it.
Well that was a bigger weight buff than I expected if he's heavier than Mr Game & Watch. I'll take that as well. :)

What's Mr Game & Watch's weight? What is Rosalina's weight?

Edit: Still lighter than G&W...G&W is 75 and Rosalina 77.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
But Weight, there's more!

(obligatory late pun)

And Shiek nerfs?

What a time

To be alive

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER