• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
It's over.. Complete and absolute victory. A toast to you all.

Fabled Weight buff
Large Speed buff
And possibly more..

Ladies and Gentlenmen. We got him.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
bruh, is this a dream?

I just can't wrap my head around it.

Mewtwo is REALLY GOOD, and then he got buffed even more.

this is just....beautiful

praise be to :150:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Do you now see the reward for your faith?

And perhaps soon...The punishment for many sin drenched heretics to have spoken blasphemy against the fair lady.

Igzex

More like Macho Brace, Poke'rus, and sweet scent...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am so happy for all the Mewtwo buffs. It makes me happy as a Mewtwo main. :')

Also glad Greninja and Samus got some buffs too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A weight buff, eh? Honestly I don't think it'll make a real difference. It'll change the way people view the character, but I doubt it'll significantly effect his survivability to any significant degree.

...Wait, there was also a speed buff?
OMIGOSH YES

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Yeah, the weight buff was definitely appreciated but it's not like it's going to make a huge difference in the long run. The speed buff definitely will, though.

Man, if only he was this good at launch. He's come a long way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was in general a great patch. The meta can now progress healthily with Sheik no longer rendering most characters invalid and I'm so happy about it. I wish Mewtwo had his weight higher too (77 or 79 would've been gucci), but we've got a ton of stuff and have to be thankful that we did get buffed in the first place and didn't end up like :4dedede: or :4jigglypuff: in no man's land.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hold up! We got a new patch with buffs for Mewtwo? Can somebody please tell me that I'm not dreaming. :eek:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Goes to sleep for 4 hours, wakes up to even more M2 buffs" :crazy:

I think I would rather have had an extended ground hitbox on Up-Smash, but at least it's safer overall. I think the only nerfs I don't agree with are Corrin's, but overall this was another great patch with the neutering of the S Tiers/Samus & Zard fixes. DH/Pac Man getting KB buffs are also awesome.

I just wish my other main got some buffs. I'd kill for a landing lag reduction on F-Air or any ending lad reduction on any Smash attack.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
This was the fanservice patch right here, where Daddy Samurai went in and analyzed our strife more in depth since he no longer has development to worry about. Hahaaaa, you THOUGHT the world would end in Shiek.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
After looking at Shadow Mewtwo and a bit of the plot behind him, he reminds me somewhat of this:

I was more thinking about this guy:

...then again, the whole "dark/shadow/anti/evil version" of anything has been done to death before.

(on a side note; holy jiminy cricket, i haven't touched MH4 in months! D: )

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Even if these changes amount to little in the long run remember its all about public perspective; people see these buffs they are more likely to play :150: which is good.

But from here on out it's about more than simple perspective, it's up to us to bring him beyond people's expectations and into the mainstay spotlight as a threat.

We cannot grow complacent with just pats on the back from the community.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I actually feel bad for the top tiers. Those nerfs are heartbreaking, especially meta knights and Bayonettas.

The buffs to Mewtwo, Zelda, Charizard, and Robin are absolutely justified though so heck yeah!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I actually feel bad for the top tiers. Those nerfs are heartbreaking, especially meta knights and Bayonettas.

The buffs to Mewtwo, Zelda, Charizard, and Robin are absolutely justified though so heck yeah!
Bayo is still an absolute beast, those nerfs were justified and will hardly affect her.

MK on the hand will see a massive drop. Him I feel more sorry for.

Jigglypuff confirmed to be a joke. The only bottom tier who has gone 15 latches without a single buff (unless you actually consider 1% extra flower damage...)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Bayo is still an absolute beast, those nerfs were justified and will hardly affect her.

MK on the hand will see a massive drop. Him I feel more sorry for.

Jigglypuff confirmed to be a joke. The only bottom tier who has gone 15 latches without a single buff (unless you actually consider 1% extra flower damage...)
I'm crying over Jiggles believe me. Its not as sad as Dedede getting a air speed nerf last patch though. :laugh:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm crying over Jiggles believe me. Its not as sad as Dedede getting a air speed nerf last patch though. :laugh:
Yeah that was pretty wtf worthy for DDD. Then I remember Big D winning all the tourneys I go to and think in a very bias manner that I'm good with it, lol.

(I haven't seen him use DDD in a while though, more Mario)

C3CC

Smash Lord
So what is this change I see to Mewtwo's Up Smash?

Up smash animation length: 73 frames → 68

What does this mean?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I thought it specifically meant less active frames for the hitboxes. Less endlag would be SOOOOO good though. :laugh:

Igzex

It's likely less attacking frames but since the animation is shorter you don't leave yourself as open if you whiff.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Mew2 2 fest plz nefr

I have been very inactive in the boards, but I had to come see the movement here after the patch....
I am very happy about Mewtwo and Samus, but it hurts that ZSS, Cloud and Sheik got hit by such unnecessary nerfs and Rosalina and Bayonetta did NOT!
Do we really want Witch Time to be #1 in the game???

Igzex

The top tiers have received punishment for their sins. Nothing more, nothing less...

OMG SAKURAI. THANK YOU.
This... this is beautiful. Say goodbye to the era of Sheik and ZSS... as we welcome our new Luma overlords... and freakin' BUSTED Mewtwo speed. And Greninja gets un-nerfed? This is too perfect!!!

Looks about time to start making a new tier list!

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
So we must forever nerf the top tiers until everybody is Zelda?
Zelda got buffed, so...

I mean, in a perfect world, there would be no "best character in the game." Making the best characters in the game less dominating (heaven forbid) widens the spectrum of viable characters. Having 2-3 characters be so much blatantly better than everyone else is boring, and it's unhealthy for a fighting game's meta.

But then, you're a ZSS main, so your biased because your character got nerfed. Meanwhile, both of my mains got buffed. Sure, bayo got hit (who I also play), but I think it was a fair nerf. She still has a lot of problems that people like to ignore because "lol situaltional o-death combo that loses to good DI." Those problems being a weak neutral game, reliance on witch time to kill, no grab combos, bad rolls and spotdodge, loses against shields, and having merely OK frame data (as opposed to ZSS's, which is godlike in comparison).

The "plz nerf" culture is stronk....
What happened with "adapt"? And none of the top tiers ever reached Brawl's MK or Melee's Fox level of "brokenness" too.
I think you're the one who needs to adapt now.

To the nerfs, that is.

So much :shaker:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom