• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Furret24

Smash Master
Jigglypuff confirmed to be a joke. The only bottom tier who has gone 15 latches without a single buff (unless you actually consider 1% extra flower damage...)
People STILL don't know that the Rest Flower buff is a hoax?
So what is this change I see to Mewtwo's Up Smash?

Up smash animation length: 73 frames → 68

What does this mean?
It means it has five less frames of ending lag.
:162:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Zelda got buffed, so...

I mean, in a perfect world, there would be no "best character in the game." Making the best characters in the game less dominating (heaven forbid) widens the spectrum of viable characters. Having 2-3 characters be so much blatantly better than everyone else is boring, and it's unhealthy for a fighting game's meta.

But then, you're a ZSS main, so your biased because your character got nerfed. Meanwhile, both of my mains got buffed. Sure, bayo got hit (who I also play), but I think it was a fair nerf. She still has a lot of problems that people like to ignore because "lol situaltional o-death combo that loses to good DI." Those problems being a weak neutral game, reliance on witch time to kill, no grab combos, bad rolls and spotdodge, loses against shields, and having merely OK frame data (as opposed to ZSS's, which is godlike in comparison).

I think you're the one who needs to adapt now.

To the nerfs, that is.

So much :shaker:.
As I said initially, my problem was with everybody getting nerfed while Bayonetta just stands there smiling, making HER the blatantly better character that you have a problem with. If the top tier had all been put down equally to get all closer to the mid tier, it wouldn't be a problem. But nerfing only some of them will do nothing but just make new characters stand above everybody else, that thing that you dislike.
Again, the problem is nerfing just some of the top tier and letting others dominate even more. Got it?
And I should clarify that from the three characters that I mentioned, ZSS was the one that got less nerfed, like, her nerfs were nothing big, nothing to get mad at, really. The problem is not even about her. But what they did to Sheik, and even worse what they did with Cloud, wtf, they should have just removed Finishing Touch altogether if they want to make the move be so bad....
But again, why nerf only half of the top tiers? It will only increase the dominance of the other half.
Now, as you know, I didn't know all of the changes Bayo got, so are her nerfs significant or she will really just stand laughing as the others get really nerfed?

That was Psystrike I just used.

It's Super Effective! :150:
Can't hit Dark types, fella.

Last edited by a moderator:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
You shouldn't have switched in on Miracle Eye then :3c

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I havent been able to play since the patch. Is our movement speed buff noticable?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I was more thinking about this guy:

...then again, the whole "dark/shadow/anti/evil version" of anything has been done to death before.

(on a side note; holy jiminy cricket, i haven't touched MH4 in months! D: )
Nah, Mewtwo's final Smash palette is Shadow Lugia. Do you see any yellow on the latter? His raison d'etre is also more similar to the Chaotic Gore Magala than Shadow Lugia, being driven crazy by an excess of natural power.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yes. We outspeed Sheik, Cloud, Roy, MK, and Charizard, characters that used to be above us in run speed.
We gotta go fast now boyz.
I pray they stop doing patches after maybe one or two more. I REALLY don't want us nerfed once they see how good Mewtwo is now. RIP Shiek.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Do any of you know how to get blocks back? I want to install the new update, but I don't have enough blocks. I heard that you can deinstall some smash data and just install the newest update with enough blocks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
OMG SAKURAI. THANK YOU.
This... this is beautiful. Say goodbye to the era of Sheik and ZSS... as we welcome our new Luma overlords... and freakin' BUSTED Mewtwo speed. And Greninja gets un-nerfed? This is too perfect!!!

Looks about time to start making a new tier list!
I don't know. I doubt that this new patch will increase the amount of Rosalina representation, especially considering how large her learning curve is when compared to the other top 10 contenders.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
You know, I don't really care so much about the weight buff. I'd survive till pretty late percents for Mewtwo.
It IS nice to have though. And, well, yeah, it's something.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
As I said initially, my problem was with everybody getting nerfed while Bayonetta just stands there smiling, making HER the blatantly better character that you have a problem with. If the top tier had all been put down equally to get all closer to the mid tier, it wouldn't be a problem. But nerfing only some of them will do nothing but just make new characters stand above everybody else, that thing that you dislike.
I'm sorry, but did you not check the patch notes I linked you to? Bayonetta DID get nerfed. Her witch time has more endlag, doesnt last as long, and has a higher penalty for whiffing. Then there's the dair and sideB endlag they added.

Now, as you know, I didn't know all of the changes Bayo got, so are her nerfs significant or she will really just stand laughing as the others get really nerfed?
-facepalm-

Ok, so apparently you didnt read them after I linked you to the notes. I guess you just want an excuse to keep complaining about bayo.

Do any of you know how to get blocks back? I want to install the new update, but I don't have enough blocks. I heard that you can deinstall some smash data and just install the newest update with enough blocks.
You can just delete the current update data for your system.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I will take every buff I can get......as long as those buffs don't go overboard and get us nerfed.

I'm also super excited for Charizards buffs but I fear the Greninja match-up if I actually co-mained him.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I'm sorry, but did you not check the patch notes I linked you to? Bayonetta DID get nerfed. Her witch time has more endlag, doesnt last as long, and has a higher penalty for whiffing. Then there's the dair and sideB endlag they added.

-facepalm-

Ok, so apparently you didnt read them after I linked you to the notes. I guess you just want an excuse to keep complaining about bayo.

Well, what I'm asking is how you get to do that.
(I'm sorry. I'm just too lazy to look for it. Where exactly is it?)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Once your software has been updated, you "have" to use the newest system version, or else the game will not let you access your game data. The best solution to gain more free space is to delete any software data that you have installed onto your Wii U system. Deleting the software data alone will not affect your game data for it.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Once your software has been updated, you "have" to use the newest system version, or else the game will not let you access your game data. The best solution to gain more free space is to delete any software data that you have installed onto your Wii U system. Deleting the software data alone will not affect your game data for it.
I'm talking about 3DS, you know.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
In that case, what kind of SD card are you using? A 32 GB SDHC card is the best one that you can use for a standard 3DS. If you're using a New 3DS, then you might need a larger MicroSDHC card.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I don't need anything with having to do with the SD card.
One time I didn't have enough blocks for 1.1.4, but somehow, my brother got blocks by uninstalling game updates and just installing 1.1.4.
That's what I'm talking about, if you know how to do so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nah, I'm pretty sure I don't need anything with having to do with the SD card.
One time I didn't have enough blocks for 1.1.4, but somehow, my brother got blocks by uninstalling game updates and just installing 1.1.4.
That's what I'm talking about, if you know how to do so.
Aren't all game updates merged into a single file?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

-facepalm-

You didn't get what I said, at all.
I don't play Bayo, I don't even have the character, I can't know by myself how much those things affect her, but I did see people saying that all those changes were meanless, all but the "doesn't last as long" part, because they didn't mention that in their patch thread. And I also didn't see with my eyes how much it is lasting to know if it's anything significant, and since I didn't see anyone talking about how bad or not it is, I asked if that nerf is significant or not, because the others apparently weren't.
The thing is, Bayo was already at Sheik's level, so if she didn't get a significant nerf like Sheik did, so she may have just become the "best character" that you much dread.
Heck, with Sheik's nerfs, even ZSS could have become the best character with her much smaller nerfs too....
But I assure you, people will just keep complaining of whatever character who be in the top, forever.
They complained since Bowser, they complained since Diddy, they complained almost a full year about Sheik, complained about Rosa, about ZSS, about Cloud, and now Kamui and Bayonetta, already.
It is a never ending cycle.
But the devs should have made sure to hit all the top tiers equally at least, as bringing only some of them down will only increase imbalance....

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Bayonetta is still really new to the metagame. She might be at the level of Shiek, but it's really hard to say for certain how good she's really going to be in the long run.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
You didn't get what I said, at all.
I don't play Bayo, I don't even have the character, I can't know by myself how much those things affect her, but I did see people saying that all those changes were meanless, all but the "doesn't last as long" part, because they didn't mention that in their patch thread. And I also didn't see with my eyes how much it is lasting to know if it's anything significant, and since I didn't see anyone talking about how bad or not it is, I asked if that nerf is significant or not, because the others apparently weren't.
The thing is, Bayo was already at Sheik's level, so if she didn't get a significant nerf like Sheik did, so she may have just become the "best character" that you much dread.
Heck, with Sheik's nerfs, even ZSS could have become the best character with her much smaller nerfs too....
But I assure you, people will just keep complaining of whatever character who be in the top, forever.
They complained since Bowser, they complained since Diddy, they complained almost a full year about Sheik, complained about Rosa, about ZSS, about Cloud, and now Kamui and Bayonetta, already.
It is a never ending cycle.
But the devs should have made sure to hit all the top tiers equally at least, as bringing only some of them down will only increase imbalance....
Then adapt.

Cuz all I see is you complaining that rosa and bayo didnt get nerfed or nerfed as hard as ZSS.

Like, how can you even complain about bayonetta and make a judgement on whether she needs nerfs or not (or how severe those nerfs should be) if you've never even played the character yourself?

Honestly, she didnt even need to be nerfed, but it was still a fair nerf, and this is coming from a bayo player.

And people should be thankful if bayo ends up being #1, because she is much easier to deal with than sheik.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Honestly, she didnt even need to be nerfed
Funny, as that is the same thing I said about the others before you came wanting to make fun of me.
NOBODY needed a nerf, but oooonce again, when we got 4 characters that are even on the top, and two of them are nerfed and now only two are even at the top, this just increases unbalance, that's why I am having to repeat once more that doing exactly that like they did just made things worse.... unless somehow Sheik, Rosa, ZSS and Bayo are even more even now, but that is very unlikely. Also, Cloud got even more distant from all of those but Sheik now.
And how cute of you telling me to adapt.... those words shouldn't come from someone who rejoices Sheik's nerfs ;)

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm going to say that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus DID deserve the nerfs they got. If anything it's more than fair. I don't know about Bayonetta because I still don't have her and I haven't had the fortune to play against one, but from what I've seen in videos she's absurdly broken and unfair with those crazy combos of hers.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I'm going to say that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus DID deserve the nerfs they got. If anything it's more than fair. I don't know about Bayonetta because I still don't have her and I haven't had the fortune to play against one, but from what I've seen in videos she's absurdly broken and unfair with those crazy combos of hers.
Broken is a bit too overboard.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Funny, as that is the same thing I said about the others before you came wanting to make fun of me.
NOBODY needed a nerf, but oooonce again, when we got 4 characters that are even on the top, and two of them are nerfed and now only two are even at the top, this just increases unbalance, that's why I am having to repeat once more that doing exactly that like they did just made things worse.... unless somehow Sheik, Rosa, ZSS and Bayo are even more even now, but that is very unlikely. Also, Cloud got even more distant from all of those but Sheik now.
And how cute of you telling me to adapt.... those words shouldn't come from someone who rejoices Sheik's nerfs ;)
Need I remind you that you were the one coming into the MEWTWO SOCIAL to whine and cry about ZSS getting nerfed and bayonetta not getting nerfed as harshly.

And for your information, I will adapt...

...adapt to the now easier ZSS v. mewtwo matchup.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Need I remind you that you were the one coming into the MEWTWO SOCIAL to whine and cry about ZSS getting nerfed and bayonetta not getting nerfed as harshly.

And for your information, I will adapt...

...adapt to the now easier ZSS v. mewtwo matchup.

Because you clearly couldn't adapt before the nerf, that's why you cry for nerfs.
And I did just say my opinion about the patch in a few lines, then you came making fun because I said they didn't need nerfs before you decided to say that Bayo didn't need nerfs lmao the irony....

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Because you clearly couldn't adapt before the nerf, that's why you cry for nerfs.
Dont make assumptions about me. You can ask anyone in the mewtwo, bowser, dedede, little mac, or even meta knight socials, and they'll tell you that I have never "cried for sheik nerfs."

And I did just say my opinion about the patch in a few lines, then you came making fun because I said they didn't need nerfs before you decided to say that Bayo didn't need nerfs lmao the irony....
And how long has bayo been in smash4 compared to sheik and ZSS? They've been here since the beginning, so we know what they can/cant do and what needs tweaking. Bayo's meta is still developing, and it's fairly early to be getting nerfs. Even day 1, people were already claiming she was OP and needed nerfs.

But the difference between you and me is that I am OK with the changes, regardless if I think it wasnt needed. If you still want to go on about "unjust nerfs of muh top tiers," then go to the ZSS social or discord and whatever else they have going on.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Man, everything's coming up Mewtwo! It's been awesome to watch him grow and improve since release. I did not expect this level of buff with any future patches after the blessings of 1.1.3. The additional gifts combined with his slowly-improving public image is definitely putting Mewtwo on the radar. I think he's gone from bottom 10 to top half of the cast with everything taken into account. Now let's get some more results with the new and improved Legendary Pokemon!

Sidebar: All-Star Mode on Hard is seriously painful now. The additional characters in the levels without more healing makes it a painful experience. I've had the most trouble with the first round (Lots of characters with combos and camping) and the Star Fox/Sonic/Kirby round (rushdown city). Yikes.

Top Bottom