• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
America didn't get its Mewtwo codes until 6am PST, so I don't think staying up all night is a good idea. Unless you want Mewtwo, that is.

Does anyone know if we'll get Mewtwo customs or Tournament mode today?
I live in California and got them at 12:30 AM PST ahahahaha

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
America didn't get its Mewtwo codes until 6am PST, so I don't think staying up all night is a good idea. Unless you want Mewtwo, that is.

Does anyone know if we'll get Mewtwo customs or Tournament mode today?
Tournament mode I doubt it, it would be a big deal and I don't really see it added through a "surprise" update, if it was supposed to be added today I think we would have heard of this already.

Mewtwo's custom moves on the other hand I could see it happening. They didn't announce the 1.0.2 update for the Wii U version before releasing it for what I believe, so I think it could happen for Mewtwo's custom moves as well. I once heard a theory saying that Mewtwo's custom moves are not in the initial pre-release because those who got him in advance would be able to unlock them unfairly early compared to other people. (Speaking of which, it would mean that they're not going to be unlocked by default if it's true... Fortunately for me I already unlocked all custom moves and it wouldn't take so long to unlock all of Mewtwo's custom moves specifically)

Though it would really suck if Mewtwo was meant to never get custom moves at all. We'll see if an update happens... I check every hour if Mewtwo is available for purchase then when he will be I'll check if there's an update released.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I just did a "Rising Pika" combo with mewtwo on a Falco today! he ragequitted afterwards xD I will upload it soon ;w;

or should I name it "Rising Claw" combo, really want to name a combo :3

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Notic: in order to understand, you have to replace "are my dragons" with "is my Mewtwo". Failing to do so not only results in not getting the point I'm trying to drive at but also indicating that you are unable to read italic notices. That's kind of important for adulthood.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'd be careful with the wait times Yoshi. When they were handing out the codes some of us didn't get them up until 8 pm the next night. Just get some rest and see if he's available in the morning.
I understand, but I wasn't up all night though. I've got school today. XD

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
7:45am EDT/4:45am Pacific Time

Still no sign of Mewtwo on the Smash DLC Shop. The rest was wise, but the wait goes on.

...I should probably eat something.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I just went on the dlc shop again a bit earlier and I couldn't connect to the server but I can get into the eShop. Does this mean anything?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I just did a "Rising Pika" combo with mewtwo on a Falco today! he ragequitted afterwards xD I will upload it soon ;w;

or should I name it "Rising FAir" combo, really want to name a combo :3
Saw the vid and that was awsome! Lol that wuss learned this ish aint Melee

Also Mewtwo is comming guys be patient, the same thing happened on the 15 and whats worse was ******** email providers like AOL didnt even send the redeem codes till days later.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Still no Mewtwo in Mexico :(

Woke up early to download him and play before work and no luck.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
To all people buying Mewtwo:

And on the note of the bazillionth Ridley discussion earlier.
Look at his trophy. It states the original appearance despite being the clone that appeared in Fusion (as a frozen corpse) and Other M. Therefore it's appearance in SSB4 is repping Ridley as a whole and does a piss poor job of it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To all people buying Mewtwo:

And on the note of the bazillionth Ridley discussion earlier.
Look at his trophy. It states the original appearance despite being the clone that appeared in Fusion (as a frozen corpse) and Other M. Therefore it's appearance in SSB4 is repping Ridley as a whole and does a piss poor job of it.

That's all I have to say.

And where is Mewtwo doggamit!

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
I read somewhere that the eShop in US updates around 12pm PST/3pm EST, so probably expect it around then.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I've just bought Mewtwo... and it's been made clear that He has no custom special moves.

Godammit, Sakurai. You could have at least told us about this in advance.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've just bought Mewtwo... and it's been made clear that He has no custom special moves.

Godammit, Sakurai. You could have at least told us about this in advance.
Incoming message from Sakurai:

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
well its 28th

were customs added

im guessing which is is 100% accurate

the answer is no.
Lol its qiuck and cheap to add clone char, but not to make 2 variations of a special attack...

Look I rarely use customs but not adding any customs to a character, especially when one of said specials is completly usless, I would like some type of variation. I would be even more pissed off if they gave Lucas customs (even if there just the rehash of Ness's).

But alas it does not mean anything if we didnt get any custom moves today cause it can be added on later since Mewtwo himself was a add on character. If there is enough demand it could happen, plus there hasn't been an official word on why he has none, and we porobably won't until Nintendo gets feed back after today since this is the first time people will have to "pay" to use him.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's lack of custom moves even after the release for everyone is something that really disappoints me once again. Here's the mail I wrote to Nintendo of Europe: Edit: removed due to a notice in a pre-answer mail I got saying that the communication must be confidential.

Yeah I'm 99.9% sure I'm not going to get the answer I'm actually looking for but at least I can feel like I can contribute to something besides whining on a forum. I think it'd be great if other people did the same thing in order to make Nintendo at least acknowledge the issue; Mewtwo's lack of custom moves may be tolerable, but what's not tolerable is lack of custom moves without a good reason. Failing to get them, I want a clarification from Nintendo or Sakurai at the very least.

I'll post here my answer from NoE whenever I get it.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I didn't expect custom moves to suddenly appear today anyways. If they decide to give him custom moves, there would be a need for a patch update.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Befor anyone complains about people acting entitled about there not being custom moves, let me bring back Sakurai's petty BS excuse for bringing back clone chars, let say a resturant has a menu in witch all the meals come with a serving of an option of 1 of 3 side dishes, now lets say they add a new meal that is way more expensive, but only has one side dish, and you cant ask for an alternative choice.

Or more simply put, This is the equivalant of MKX dlc char not having 3 variation moves.

Spirst

Ah, damn, no customs after all. I wouldn't call any of Mewtwo's existing specials useless (niche perhaps but not useless) but I was really hoping to explore what alternatives he had. It's ridiculous he has 8 less options than every other character in the game. Unless there's a surprise patch sometime soon, I guess all we can really do is hope he gets customs introduced in the Lucas patch.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ah, damn, no customs after all. I wouldn't call any of Mewtwo's existing specials useless (niche perhaps but not useless) but I was really hoping to explore what alternatives he had. It's ridiculous he has 8 less options than every other character in the game. Unless there's a surprise patch sometime soon, I guess all we can really do is hope he gets customs introduced in the Lucas patch.
I honestly suspect they'll appear when we get Miiverse and Tourney Mode.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I didn't expect custom moves to suddenly appear today anyways. If they decide to give him custom moves, there would be a need for a patch update.
This. We just had an update and adding custom moves would probably alter the gameplay meaning say goodby to all of your epic Mewtwo replays you only had for two weeks.

Also to say custom moves are usless in the long run, everyone including myself had bust their *** trying to unlock all the custom moves for the roster. And to not give them to a paid character is an insult to all of the proggress and time wasted unlocking somthing that didnt really needed to be added to the game.

Im happy with Mewtwo and appretiate the effort in developing him, but seriously half*** crap like this shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Spirst

This. We just had an update and adding custom moves would probably alter the gameplay meaning say goodby to all of your epic Mewtwo replays you only had for two weeks.
Not really. There's no reason adding in customs would break replays seeing as how the default set (which are used in replays) would remain unscathed. Outside of the additional moves which had no bearing on anything previously, the gameplay would remain the same.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Not really. There's no reason adding in customs would break replays seeing as how the default set (which are used in replays) would remain unscathed. Outside of the additional moves which had no bearing on anything previously, the gameplay would remain the same.
I suppose, point is there is really no excuse to not add them in one way or another.
The the only thing preventing Mewtwo from not having custom moves is time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom