• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Not surprising we didn't have customs. Meh, don't care too much about it. It'd be nice if we got it in a later patch but if we didn't then meh.

I'm happy for all your romantic things. Best of the luck to you all. :3

Can't wait to fight a billion Mewtwos for the next week or so. I won't complain about free wins ahahahahaahahagagagagagshahahaha

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don't really buy the whole Roy and Ryu thing honestly. I mean, I know the files are there but it still seems fishy.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I guess but I think I just have to see an announcement from Ninty to believe it. Sorry that I'm skeptical about it. XD

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm the only one who's not bothered about Mewtwo having no customs...
I'm more bothered by the principle of it. There are plenty of characters who might as well not have any custom moves, and that's fine. But with Mewtwo it seems indicative of a larger lack of effort on the part of the developers. And that really irritates me, given how long we've waited. I'm still happy with Mewtwo, but it bothers me that I'm paying for an essentially incomplete product.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm more bothered by the principle of it. There are plenty of characters who might as well not have any custom moves, and that's fine. But with Mewtwo it seems indicative of a larger lack of effort on the part of the developers. And that really irritates me, given how long we've waited. I'm still happy with Mewtwo, but it bothers me that I'm paying for an essentially incomplete product.
Well it's not like he costs much. :p

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So people are going to pay for a third marth moveset and a redundant Capcom rep... And Sakurai complains about Dlc being a scam...
I dunno... Roy's really popular. People want Roy. Roy's easy to make. People wanna give their money for Roy, and Nintendo wants money. Both sides gain something... I do not see why that's a problem. :p I don't think it's the people's fault because they just like the character, even if he's a clone. It's not Nintendo's or Sakurai's fault either because they're just answer the people. No problem here, really.

Ryu is debatable but I personally don't mind him. More characters is always nice.

Like @ 1DeadRabbit 1DeadRabbit said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. The majority likes it. The minority doesn't need to ruin the majority's fun. There's really no problem in having more popular characters IMO. :p

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I told you guys 13 days wasn't enough for a Beta Test.
let me bring back Sakurai's petty BS excuse for bringing back clone chars
I think that was pretty justified, ya know. Pitooey, Doc, and Lucy didn't take away from any of the other characters or game modes, so I don't understand why everyone hates them so much. Think of them less as separate fighters and more as extensions of the originals; all but a few of the changes are nothing more then aesthetic.

....Though I agree the lack of custom moves stinks.
I'd be happy to trade Confusion for a dedicated reflector anyday(just as long as it still works as recovery).

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
a nitpik that i have is whenever i try and fight a level 9, they beat the crap out of me

but when its a level 9 vs. level 9, they are complete morons.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I wish we were getting the other fighting game Ryu...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I dunno... Roy's really popular. People want Roy. Roy's easy to make. People wanna give their money for Roy, and Nintendo wants money. Both sides gain something... I do not see why that's a problem. :p I don't think it's the people's fault because they just like the character, even if he's a clone. It's not Nintendo's or Sakurai's fault either because they're just answer the people. No problem here, really.

Ryu is debatable but I personally don't mind him. More characters is always nice.

Like @ 1DeadRabbit 1DeadRabbit said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. The majority likes it. The minority doesn't need to ruin the majority's fun. There's really no problem in having more popular characters IMO. :p
If it means fixing the damn CSS then yea of course im not buying him
I wouldn't mind roy if if meant puting effort into making him actualy diffrent than just having fire effect to his specials. If he is Lucasfied then I wouldnt have a problem, but three ver of a character is unnessecary, refardless of how popular he is. I like Mewtwo yet there are still people calling him trash and not getting called out for it.

Ryu I could care less, it only increases Bayonetta's chances anyway.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If it means fixing the damn CSS then yea of course im not buying him
I wouldn't mind roy if if meant puting effort into making him actualy diffrent than just having fire effect to his specials. If he is Lucasfied then I wouldnt have a problem, but three ver of a character is unnessecary, refardless of how popular he is. I like Mewtwo yet there are still people calling him trash and not getting called out for it.

Ryu I could care less, it only increases Bayonetta's chances anyway.
At least Roy's neutral B will visually be different from Marth and Lucina's if he kept his Melee one. :troll:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Roy has a 99.9% chance of being decloned to some extent.
I mean, if he's paid DLC, I don't see why he wouldn't be.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Roy has a 99.9% chance of being decloned to some extent.
I mean, if he's paid DLC, I don't see why he wouldn't be.
Inb4 he only has a different neutral B and Final Smash. But seriously, I also hope he gets more decloned.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
At least Roy's neutral B will visually be different from Marth and Lucina's if he kept his Melee one. :troll:
For now....

Look I dont mind clones if it means putting effort in diversifying them, and the current three are considered to be inferior to the originals anyway (at least Doc and Emo)

There are a bunch of chars that can benefit the clone status, but instead all we got were standalone alt costumes.

The diffrence between him and Lucina is that she was a freebie, and hes paid Dlc. If Roy is in the line of Lucas and Wolf then it would be more reasonable,

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
For now....

Look I dont mind clones if it means putting effort in diversifying them, and the current three are considered to be inferior to the originals anyway (at least Doc and Emo)

There are a bunch of chars that can benefit the clone status, but instead all we got were standalone alt costumes.

The diffrence between him and Lucina is that she was a freebie, and hes paid Dlc. If Roy is in the line of Lucas and Wolf then it would be more reasonable,
Yeah, not super excited for yet another sword-wielding FE rep, but hey! Look on the bright side. At least he doesn't have blue hair, which already makes him 1% different from the other three (excluding Robin).
Good lord.
What I wouldn't give for Banjo-Kazooie or (in an alternate universe where life is perfect) Amaterasu from Okami. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm extremely confident Roy will at least be comparable to Falco as far as decloning goes.

People accuse Sakurai of being a hypocrite all the time, but no matter how you slice it, he's no where near that much of a hypocrite.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Sure it can be like that but I want Ryu to have a pixel/classic look to him that would look so much better it.If Ryu had that look he would be as out of place like :snake: in brawl.
well 2d pixels would look awkward as well, i feel the flat thing belongs to game & watch, or else there really is no reason for game & watch to be in.

D

Deleted member

If you had to rate three Smash 4 Characters (with the given stats I provided) in slashes (from 1 - 5), then how would you all rank each character? For me, I'd rank em' like this. Note that a (/) represents a one, while a (\) represents a half, which means, by extension, a (/\) represents a one-and-a-half.

Speed = Attack Speed
Power = Attack Power
Weight = Durability
Mobility = Overall movement ability
Recovery = Recovery ability
Offensive Potential = Overall Offensive potential

Formula = Total x 7

Mario
Speed - (///)
Power - (//)
Weight - (///\)
Mobility - (///)
Recovery - (//)
Offensive potential - (////)
Defensive potential - (//\)

Total = 133
------------------------------------
Captain Falcon
Speed - (////)
Power - (///\)
Weight - (///\)
Mobility - (/////)
Recovery - (///\)
Offensive potential - (/////)
Defensive potential - (/////)

Total = 206.5
-------------------------------------
Mewtwo
Speed - (//\)
Power - (////)
Weight - (/)
Mobility - (////)
Recovery - (////\)
Offensive potential - (///)
Defensive potential - (////)

Total = 161
---------------------------------------
Melee Mewtwo (Bonus)
Speed - (///)
Power - (///)
Weight - (//\)
Mobility - (/////)
Recovery - (////\)
Offensive Potential - (///\)
Defensive potential - (///\)

Total = 175
----------------------------------------
Let me know what you all think of my list thus far.

D

Deleted member

Did any of you find any new advanced techniques yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Honestly, as long as Roy keeps his neutral B "Flare Blade" from Melee, I'll be happy.
I mean, that alone does set him apart from Marth and Lucina. Also, unlike Lucina, Roy had different physics compared to Marth, not just damage statistics.
Also, i love clones....
But that's obvious...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can someone break down how to play defensively with Mewtwo?
It's okay to toss uncharged or slightly charged shadow balls; it's a good projectile no matter the charge.

Watch your opponent's approach and retaliate. Up Tilt can counter aerial approaches, while the Down Tilt covers grounded approaches. However, both of these moves are two extremes; Up Tilt won't hit grounded opponents, and Down Tilt won't hit aerial opponents, so be sure to throw out your shield or a side tilt if you're unsure of how they'll approach you.

You've got some powerful attacks, so it'd be such a shame if you let them go to waste. Always be on the look out for opportunities for a Smash Attack or even an occasional Disable if you're feeling risky. Use throws to get opponents off stage and edge guard them with a powerful Fair or Dair, or go for the easier-to-land option with Bair.

...Oh, and if defensive play ever fails you and you do need to approach, keep your air dodges and Fair in mind.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Honestly, as long as Roy keeps his neutral B "Flare Blade" from Melee, I'll be happy.
I mean, that alone does set him apart from Marth and Lucina. Also, unlike Lucina, Roy had different physics compared to Marth, not just damage statistics.
Also, i love clones....
But that's obvious...
personally i would like his up-b to return albeit with better recovery abilities and maybe a new animation

Top Bottom