• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
What are your guys' favorite Mewtwo alt. to use? For me, it's the light-blue color alt. (Still upset there is no shiny Mewtwo alt. :glare:)
Tie between light blue and dark brown tail for me. I too wished the shiny was here since green is my favorite color.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What are your guys' favorite Mewtwo alt. to use? For me, it's the light-blue color alt. (Still upset there is no shiny Mewtwo alt. :glare:)
Even though I hated it at the start, I've grown quite fond of Shadow Mewtwo. It's the exact colors I wanted for my 2nd most wanted palette (After Light Gray body/Dark Gray Tail), only it's reversed (Wish the tail was black).

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Aside from the shadow/inverse color, his alt pallets were my biggest disappointment for Mewtwo, my profile pic should explain why.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Aside from the shadow/inverse color, his alt pallets were my biggest disappointment for Mewtwo, my profile pic should explain why.
Pretty much how I feel. I use green alts for every character and for some strange reasons Mewtwo doesn't have one. The seafoam color isn't bad but I wanted a legit green...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Pretty much how I feel. I use green alts for every character and for some strange reasons Mewtwo doesn't have one. The seafoam color isn't bad but I wanted a legit green...
The fact that not one but two colors are only a hue off from being similar to his shiny tells me Gamefreak didn't allow shiny alts to be put in the game for any of the pokemon.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
The fact that not one but two colors are only a hue off from being similar to his shiny tells me Gamefreak didn't allow shiny alts to be put in the game for any of the pokemon.
actually, Jigglypuff with the Sunhat is a shiny jigglypuff, at least in Brawl

in smash 4 however, the jigglypuff still having the same hue on the body, but the eyes are blue D: unless I am wrong

and I always thought the green mewtwo were close to Mewtwos Shiny form if I arent mistaken

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
or at least to a certain extent

Charizard has the shiny colour from silver
Greninja's last colour swap is very similar to his shiny (except more of dark purple than black)
Pikachu has the shiny colour for his red costume
Jigglypuff had one before but they got rid of it (why?)

Shulk and Pac-Man don't have green colours either.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I usually play default for all characters, but when I'm in the mood to use alternate colors, shadow Mewtwo is my choice.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
or at least to a certain extent

Charizard has the shiny colour from silver
Greninja's last colour swap is very similar to his shiny (except more of dark purple than black)
Pikachu has the shiny colour for his red costume
Jigglypuff had one before but they got rid of it (why?)

Shulk and Pac-Man don't have green colours either.
Don't even get me started on pacman's alts.. ugh.. it's even worse than lucario's 6 shades of blue(Y U NO KEEP THE SILVER ONE OR ADD THE SUPER SAIYAN SHINY COLOUR!? YOU EVEN HAVE GOKU'S ENGLISH VOICE ACTOR FOR GOD'S SAKE! DX). they could have atleast done simple recolours based on the ghosts or something.
As for mewtwo alt colours i always go for default unless somebody else picks it in whch case i'll use the violet/pink colour. Mewtwo is kind off odd now that i think about it in how he is the only character play that i actually dont use alts with a ton.(MK, is usually a regular toss up between purple, brawl "dark" colour, standard, and white. Ganondorf is pretty much always purple cape ganondorf with the occasional switch pig ganon colour. Purple toon link has been my jam for ages.(purple is my favorite colour and i always was purple link when playing four swords.))

D

Deleted member

takes deep breath*

Personally. I like clones :4mewtwo::troll: because they add variety to the game (hence I said variety, not diversity).

Like for example, say that you are playing Mario, and you are going against this Bowser player who keeps beating you because you're too weak. With clones, as opposed to having to enter territory that I'm unaware of (a different character), I can simply play Dr.Mario and solve the problem, since speed was never the issue.

Clones also help to add synergy to the roster. A good example being Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf... I can almost certainly assure you that both of these characters wouldn't be as popular in smash as they are now had they not been connected. Why? Because it's these relations that these fighters share that makes them so interesting. It adds meaning to the characters, in addition to creating a rivalry between them that would've never existed otherwise, which means that not only is it boosting their significance, but it is also boosting their competitive value.
Proof? Because Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have a clone-connection, despite coming from two series that are completely unrelated to each other, however if you look at Villager and Donkey Kong, these two are never mentioned in relation to each other, because their is no relation. They are simply just characters in a game. That's it. Nothing important, no connection, no rivalry. Nothing. And how interesting that these two characters are rarely seen in competitive play of any kind, whether it be on the couch with friends, or in a tournament.

Another important things is that Clones give players an alternative way to play as their character, which means that if Marth isn't working out, you can switch to Lucina or Roy (if he gets in), if Lucina isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Roy, and if Roy isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Lucina. They all work together to collectively create a solid, useful character.
Also, in a way, Clone characters are essentially the equivalent of a Custom Character, which means that by playing Dr.Mario, for example online, you basically get to use a custom moveset for Mario, despite the fact that this is forbidden.

Ultimately, Clones are good because they make the game, yet break the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I don't mind clones aslong as they have highly significant differences like smash 4 doc and melee ganondorf.(who by the time of smash 4 is honestly more of a semi-clone with how much differences both characters have developed over time)It's been a device to have one fighting style shared by several characters who mastered it in different ways in many fighting games. take Ryu/Ken/Akuma. they all have the same basic trio of special moves(shoryuken, hadouken, and the shinpuwhatsit) but use them all in different ways in combination with different normals, creating interesting matches between characters that are similar but also very different in style. that said, a character with a spacing based moveset taken from another character with a anti-tipper mechanic that emphasizes atrocious spacing is a terrible idea and i hope roy gets some new moves and some new properties to his attacks.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
takes deep breath*

Personally. I like clones :4mewtwo::troll: because they add variety to the game (hence I said variety, not diversity).

Like for example, say that you are playing Mario, and you are going against this Bowser player who keeps beating you because you're too weak. With clones, as opposed to having to enter territory that I'm unaware of (a different character), I can simply play Dr.Mario and solve the problem, since speed was never the issue.

Clones also help to add synergy to the roster. A good example being Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf... I can almost certainly assure you that both of these characters wouldn't be as popular in smash as they are now had they not been connected. Why? Because it's these relations that these fighters share that makes them so interesting. It adds meaning to the characters, in addition to creating a rivalry between them that would've never existed otherwise, which means that not only is it boosting their significance, but it is also boosting their competitive value.
Proof? Because Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have a clone-connection, despite coming from two series that are completely unrelated to each other, however if you look at Villager and Donkey Kong, these two are never mentioned in relation to each other, because their is no relation. They are simply just characters in a game. That's it. Nothing important, no connection, no rivalry. Nothing. And how interesting that these two characters are rarely seen in competitive play of any kind, whether it be on the couch with friends, or in a tournament.

Another important things is that Clones give players an alternative way to play as their character, which means that if Marth isn't working out, you can switch to Lucina or Roy (if he gets in), if Lucina isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Roy, and if Roy isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Lucina. They all work together to collectively create a solid, useful character.
Also, in a way, Clone characters are essentially the equivalent of a Custom Character, which means that by playing Dr.Mario, for example online, you basically get to use a custom moveset for Mario, despite the fact that this is forbidden.

Well said friend, well said.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
takes deep breath*

Except Dark Pit.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Except Dark Pit.
dark pit only has 4 differences
  • f-tilt does less knockback
  • ducks lower (pardon?)
  • electroshock arm hit forward instead of upwards (which in my opinion makes him better because the side blast lines are closer to tournament legal stages then upper blast lines) and does more damage
  • arrows deal ore damage but cant angle very well

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
  • ducks lower (pardon?)
  • electroshock arm hit forward instead of upwards (which in my opinion makes him better because the side blast lines are closer to tournament legal stages then upper blast lines) and does more damage
Ducks lower? Sureee....

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
  • ducks lower (pardon?)

I thought Sakurai confirmed only his Neutral Special and Side-Special were different, I mean he literally said those were the only 3 differences (Final Smash is also different) between them in an interview.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
How low a crouch goes only really matters if it can truly dodge something the other one can't. I don't think it really matters honestly.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...I wonder if the F-Tilt and the crouch were both just oversights 'cause Pitooy was a last minute character. I mean, he used to have an animation error during his pummel that Pit lacked.

Then again, if they were, I would of expected them to be fixed in the patch, so...
How low a crouch goes only really matters if it can truly dodge something the other one can't. I don't think it really matters honestly.
That's part of why I find it so bizarre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom