• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
takes deep breath*

Personally. I like clones :4mewtwo::troll: because they add variety to the game (hence I said variety, not diversity).

Like for example, say that you are playing Mario, and you are going against this Bowser player who keeps beating you because you're too weak. With clones, as opposed to having to enter territory that I'm unaware of (a different character), I can simply play Dr.Mario and solve the problem, since speed was never the issue.

Clones also help to add synergy to the roster. A good example being Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf... I can almost certainly assure you that both of these characters wouldn't be as popular in smash as they are now had they not been connected. Why? Because it's these relations that these fighters share that makes them so interesting. It adds meaning to the characters, in addition to creating a rivalry between them that would've never existed otherwise, which means that not only is it boosting their significance, but it is also boosting their competitive value.
Proof? Because Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have a clone-connection, despite coming from two series that are completely unrelated to each other, however if you look at Villager and Donkey Kong, these two are never mentioned in relation to each other, because their is no relation. They are simply just characters in a game. That's it. Nothing important, no connection, no rivalry. Nothing. And how interesting that these two characters are rarely seen in competitive play of any kind, whether it be on the couch with friends, or in a tournament.

Another important things is that Clones give players an alternative way to play as their character, which means that if Marth isn't working out, you can switch to Lucina or Roy (if he gets in), if Lucina isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Roy, and if Roy isn't working out, you can switch to Marth or Lucina. They all work together to collectively create a solid, useful character.
Also, in a way, Clone characters are essentially the equivalent of a Custom Character, which means that by playing Dr.Mario, for example online, you basically get to use a custom moveset for Mario, despite the fact that this is forbidden.

Ultimately, Clones are good because they make the game, yet break the rules.
I agree! I use some of the clones a lot (Ganon, Lucy, Falco) and I don't mind them at all. They're great.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Too bad lucina is essentially a worse marth. :troll:
No kidding. Truly a shame. Lucina had a fighting style of her own in Awakening and it's unfortunate that they didn't use that. Not complaining though... if she wasn't a clone I'm positive she wouldn't have gotten in.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh hey, i'm not assumed to be a guy for once
Rule #28 of the Internet should be "Always question a person's gender - just in case it's really a girl." That would match up with my personal internet experiences far better then the actual rule 28 ever will.
I would of tagged Speed here, but I can't type in Kanji or whatever it is Speed is using in her username.

I also just accidentally found out today that rule 409 is "No one has ever traded a Cofagrigus, no exceptions" while fact-checking this post. Haha.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Rule #28 of the Internet should be "Always question a person's gender - just in case it's really a girl." That would match up with my personal internet experiences far better then the actual rule 28 ever will.
I would of tagged Speed here, but I can't type in Kanji or whatever it is Speed is using in her username.

I also just accidentally found out today that rule 409 is "No one has ever traded a Cofagrigus, no exceptions" while fact-checking this post. Haha.
28. Always question a person's gender - just in case it's really a man.
Yeah, pretty much

28.5. If it TRULY is a girl, then this is an INCEPTION!!! Only way out is to die, so look at Chuck Norris the wrong way.
Well then.

29. On the internet, all girls are men, and all kids are undercover FBI agents or Perverted Justice Decoys.
...well, I guess being a guy isn't such a bad thing...

30. There are NO girls on the internet.
Oh really? I've seen TONS of youtubers who were girls.

30.1. Rule 30 only applies to the deep internet.
...what exactly is "deep" internet...?

30.2. If girls are found on the deep internet, CODE RED, RED ALERT, ALL SYSTEMS BREACHED!
..I don't even...

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
It's katakana and if my rusty and highly limited knowledge of japanese is correct, it says "mystic".

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

According to google translate, ミスティック means mystic! Interesting.

I've noticed that there's quite a bit of females here. Dunno if it's just Smashboards or Mewtwo. Gonna go with the latter because I'm sure Mewtwo gets all the ladies~

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Played Doubles for the first time today with some friends who Smash decently. (w/ Team Attack on.)

Disregarding the few times I was killed accidentally by my teammate (U-Air with the other team nowhere near it. ;-; ), it was fun and in the end, we actually managed to coordinate well enough that we didn't team kill as often.

Mewtwo and Lucario make an interesting pair. (Interesting, not exactly top-tier. You know, because SPHERICAL.)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Played Doubles for the first time today with some friends who Smash decently. (w/ Team Attack on.)

Disregarding the few times I was killed accidentally by my teammate (U-Air with the other team nowhere near it. ;-; ), it was fun and in the end, we actually managed to coordinate well enough that we didn't team kill as often.

Mewtwo and Lucario make an interesting pair. (Interesting, not exactly top-tier. You know, because SPHERICAL.)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
according to urban dictionary, rule 28 is:
There will always be more f****d up s**t than what you just saw.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You got 10,000 likes in one day? How many posts did you make that were that popular in one day?
You gotta make a really good or a really funny post in the Ridley Social Group.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Just saw that ducking tier list. The fact that Kirby isn't even top 3 is really surprising to me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And characterization was kinda *******ized in win quotes. Disrepectful towards Marth and Ike when she would be idolizing them. Plus they really made Lucina look more like a guy then Marth does.
It came as a complete surprised for me to see Lucina acting with such an attitude towards anyone.

I guess Smash Brothers really gets to everybody's head.

D

Deleted member

You gotta make a really good or a really funny post in the Ridley Social Group.
Or just be me and get a lot of likes for a lot of posts.

(Seriously; I'm the member with the 3rd most Likes now.)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Just saw that ducking tier list. The fact that Kirby isn't even top 3 is really surprising to me.
IKR? I kinda expected him to be god tier honestly since he's probably the only character in the game that doesn't have any bones. Meh, video games and logic never mixed together anyways. :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And characterization was kinda *******ized in win quotes. Disrepectful towards Marth and Ike when she would be idolizing them. Plus they really made Lucina look more like a guy then Marth does.
Marth on victory screen: Has his hand on his hip
Lucina: Doesn't
Marth: Looks femine with a soft voice, married to Sheeda, a woman
Ike: Masculine as ****, gay

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Or just be me and get a lot of likes for a lot of posts.

(Seriously; I'm the member with the 3rd most Likes now.)
And you were overtaken by a significant amount by the leading two users about a week or two after the Ridley group opened. :p

D

Deleted member

And you were overtaken by a significant amount by the leading two users about a week or two after the Ridley group opened. :p
Correction; I've just recently became 3rd Place.

I was overtaken by them much earlier than that.
I've overtaken the recently banned Soul Blazer who had strangely been far ahead of me for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've overtaken the recently banned Soul Blazer who had strangely been far ahead of me for some time.
Fair enough, both of our points stand.

Soul Blazer got ahead primarily because of posting images (usually Fire Emblem ones) making fun of the speculation scene/FE13 newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Seems more to me that Ike is bisexual as opposed to strictly gay.

But the social thread for Mewtwo isn't exactly the right place to discuss Ike's sexuality, now is it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seems more to me that Ike is bisexual as opposed to strictly gay.

But the social thread for Mewtwo isn't exactly the right place to discuss Ike's sexuality, now is it?
Eh, I'd say gay as Priam's word can't be trusted too well and how we don't see interest for women despite Ike being hit on. Who's the OTP with Mewtwo then?

D

Deleted member

To quote MAD's parody of eHarmony with Pokémon, Mewtwo has no need for companionship.

Top Bottom