• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I still don't buy the leak being real and will continue to refuse it until a actual announcement/visible gameplay appears. If ryu is actually a thing he will probably be the only smash dlc i will refuse to buy. I'll be all like "No, no ryu in my house. if you want to play as him so badly, play one of the 15 or so SF games and capcom crossovers laying around here"Seriously, guy is generic, overrated as hell, and in literally everything already. as for roy, i've stated my thoughts on him already. he better be decloned because the sword of seals alone has so much potential to be unique.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I still don't buy the leak being real and will continue to refuse it until a actual announcement/visible gameplay appears. If ryu is actually a thing he will probably be the only smash dlc i will refuse to buy. I'll be all like "No, no ryu in my house. if you want to play as him so badly, play one of the 15 or so SF games and capcom crossovers laying around here"Seriously, guy is generic, overrated as hell, and in literally everything already. as for roy, i've stated my thoughts on him already. he better be decloned because the sword of seals alone has so much potential to be unique.
inb4 you have no choice but to get Ryu due to him being in an update.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's had multiple hackers confirm it, yet no hacker has managed to debunk it yet. And, iirc, picking a Kirby route in 3DS classic mode post-update may sometimes cause you to fight on Battlefield instead of on Dream Land, which lines up far, far too well with the leak's evidence that there is going to be a new Kirby stage.

Even though nothing official has been stated, it's basically confirmed, whether you like it or not.
And let's face it, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they won't make it. I'm still a tad bit salty and extremely suprised that Wii Fit Trainer is in the game myself.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
It's had multiple hackers confirm it, yet no hacker has managed to debunk it yet. And, iirc, picking a Kirby route in 3DS classic mode post-update may sometimes cause you to fight on Battlefield instead of on Dream Land, which lines up far, far too well with the leak's evidence that there is going to be a new Kirby stage.

Even though nothing official has been stated, it's basically confirmed, whether you like it or not.
And let's face it, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they won't make it. I'm still a tad bit salty and extremely suprised that Wii Fit Trainer is in the game.
inb4 it's ryu hayabusa =p (i wouldn't mind this actually)@TehEpicRyuga: THIS. I would love it if roy shot fireballs out of his sword like in the game.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I have a question. I'm going to buy Mewtwo for my cousin, and I want to know if to do this I can use a Visa gift card I own. It should work, right? I mean, it's as if I owned an American debit card after all, right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey guys, I have a question. I'm going to buy Mewtwo for my cousin, and I want to know if to do this I can use a Visa gift card I own. It should work, right? I mean, it's as if I owned an American debit card after all, right?
I used a Visa gift card to buy Mega Man 2, so it should work.

Last edited:

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
I still have way more to improve on playing Mewtwo.

But gosh darn it he's so cooooooool
(And I STILL need work on people who tactically dodge.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I just found out something interesting today.
Using Disable on a stunned opponent will not knock them out of their stun state.
So...technically you could rack up some (not very much...at all) damage by spamming disable whilst they're stunned.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Using Disable on a stunned opponent will not knock them out of their stun state.
So...technically you could rack up some (not very much...at all) damage by spamming disable whilst they're stunned.
Won't just charging a smash attack be better? I think it'd do more damage. The stun doesn't stack too.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
At higher percent you're liable to KO peeps, depending on weight/freshness/etc

Or, just as importantly, set up for edgeguarding opportunities.

Smooth Criminal

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

There's no real use ever for this except for humiliating an opponent. If you want damage then just charge a smash, if you have enough time to fully charge a smash then that means your opponent has so high % he would die from an uncharged smash anyways, so getting an extra 1-2% damage means nothing.

Basically just a humiliation tool, like taunting after a shield break or something.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Either I'm just really sleepy or these Dr. Marios are way OP vs Mewtwo..

Did Sakurai explain why DLC do not have customs?
Probably because it would take too much time and resources. Can you imagine having to balance out all of that and making sure they're properly implemented on ALL of the game modes? Seems like way too much work for novelty add ons.

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm more bothered by the principle of it. There are plenty of characters who might as well not have any custom moves, and that's fine. But with Mewtwo it seems indicative of a larger lack of effort on the part of the developers. And that really irritates me, given how long we've waited. I'm still happy with Mewtwo, but it bothers me that I'm paying for an essentially incomplete product.
Eh, I go onto For Glory, or online in general, a lot, so this really doesn't bother me. But it would be nice if they were to come out in the near future.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hard punishes with Disable
Strong as **** U-Smash and Shadow Ball
Can spike people from deep and still make it back
D-Tilt combos for days
Clawing people all the way across the stage
:4mewtwo: is so much fun to use!

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Whoa, I got pranked xD

Also! I think Mewtwo can do very well against ROB.
You can read gyro and lasers and pretty much punish immediately.

His slow recovery is just asking for a dair too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hard punishes with Disable
Strong as **** U-Smash and Shadow Ball
Can spike people from deep and still make it back
D-Tilt combos for days
Clawing people all the way across the stage
:4mewtwo: is so much fun to use!
Oh thats nothing

Mewtwos D-aerial can KO someone on the ground at 140% if its a sweetspot hit.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Finally got Mewtwo today via eshop and they didn't disappoint, the hype was well worth the wait, and already won a few random cpu matches with him, and already knew what works and what doesn't.

Him and Lucario are going to be beast side-by-side, as mains.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Probably because it would take too much time and resources. Can you imagine having to balance out all of that and making sure they're properly implemented on ALL of the game modes? Seems like way too much work for novelty add ons.
I can't take that as much of an excuse really.
Especially when the MK X dlc fighters have been announced to have 3 variations like the main cast of MK X.
6 slight alterations to moves is nothing in comparison to gameplay changes to the characters and giving completely new moves.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay I got my answer from my mail to Nintendo and unfortunately but not unexpectedly they have nothing to tell me about that. Even though I really doubt anyone of us is getting an actual answer to this question over someone else I think it would be great if other people did the same thing as me in order to show our interest towards Mewtwo getting custom moves so Nintendo can at least acknowledge the complaints more easily. The very worst outcome possible if we never get official words on why Mewtwo doesn't have customs; in all honesty if we get official reasons from Sakurai himself I could get over it more easily (even though it would still suck al lot that I'm never going to use Mewtwo when using customs because of that), though custom moves being added in a future update would be by far the best outcome.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Okay I got my answer from my mail to Nintendo and unfortunately but not unexpectedly they have nothing to tell me about that. Even though I really doubt anyone of us is getting an actual answer to this question over someone else I think it would be great if other people did the same thing as me in order to show our interest towards Mewtwo getting custom moves so Nintendo can at least acknowledge the complaints more easily. The very worst outcome possible if we never get official words on why Mewtwo doesn't have customs; in all honesty if we get official reasons from Sakurai himself I could get over it more easily (even though it would still suck al lot that I'm never going to use Mewtwo when using customs because of that), though custom moves being added in a future update would be by far the best outcome.
Right now it seems that customs for DLC chars is a low priority,if there is enough demand then probably they could add them in the future.... After everything else they've planed is done.

Honestly, the Only DLC I want is Alt costumes for regular chars, seeing the potential for what we got allready.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey all, just got back from playing with my friend and my Mewtwo did rather decent. He mains Ness and Diddy Kong and I did good against Diddy but awful against Ness. Ness' PK Fire into D-throw gets me wrecked a lot when I play as Mewtwo. I seriously had to switch to Yoshi to get in a win against his Ness. Any advice on how I should approach Ness as Mewtwo?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hey all, just got back from playing with my friend and my Mewtwo did rather decent. He mains Ness and Diddy Kong and I did good against Diddy but awful against Ness. Ness' PK Fire into D-throw gets me wrecked a lot when I play as Mewtwo. I seriously had to switch to Yoshi to get in a win against his Ness. Any advice on how I should approach Ness as Mewtwo?
Don't run at Ness, walk and carefully space him out. If hit by PK Fire then Smash DI outwards while mashing jump, you can almost always DI out of it before he gets the grab. If he spams PK Fire a lot just use Confusion.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Don't run at Ness, walk and carefully space him out. If hit by PK Fire then Smash DI outwards while mashing jump, you can almost always DI out of it before he gets the grab. If he spams PK Fire a lot just use Confusion.
I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks. However, I can't really practice in For Glory mode because I keep getting error messages every time I try to go on there so I've been fighting random level 8 CPUs for now.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
about the customize parts for mewtwo, I believe thats because they are now actaully a smaller team working on Smash DLC now instead for that big one working on the whole thing. perhaps the customize isnt their biggest priorities

and I hate playing against Ness D:
my girlfriend is using her alot since its her main and my Win Ratio against her is 5% ;w; and she isnt that one that spams PK fire or ****. she is unreadable as **** D: xD the only time I win is when I either get a lucky read or a lucky hit
(mewtwo and Jr has bad MU against Ness)

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
What are your guys' favorite Mewtwo alt. to use? For me, it's the light-blue color alt. (Still upset there is no shiny Mewtwo alt. :glare:)

Top Bottom