• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Im probably gonna Show just to get my Ipod. But i I dont know. Would you mind handing it over to either mashi or SK?
I just see them more often :]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey i'm getting tvc (tatsunoko vs capcom) soon. i hope others are getting it too. so we can play =]. go get them wiikeys people! and ps2>gc!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
oh snap.

good news.

CH4.5 is only 3 miles further from SoVa than Chu's [not three miles FROM Chu's though].

This greatly increases my chances of going.

Even if you've already told me you intend to go to either tourney, please remind me and tell me specifically which one(s) you want to go to.

I need to see if we have a need for more than one car.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wish I could go to some tourneys. I'm kinda held back now-a-days.

And I checked out the venue today. It looks like we can't hold anything Wii/Cube related there. But S-Man said that there is another game place next to there. That may be the place we might use. If not we always have the clubhouse close to IV's if all else fails. We just wanted to find a closer place so that the people over the bridge won't have to drive as far. :/

Dn4

Smash Rookie
Rhan- Yea that true!

Yea tourneys are far for some of us.
Well if S~man does host one or any one ill try to get to it.(I havent been to one)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
oo i'm definitely comin over ^_^

my car is full >.< but i'll tell you how it is.
wowww. i tried to find some people to go only got like one. cause everyone here only plays smash lol. but yeah lemme know the details.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Id love to host for the originals once more. once my boss gets another person working with us, i may get to have 2 days off again. until then....sundays only....and ill more than likely be in Richmond 1/2 the time. well see.

SF4@C3!!! wish i could go V.V

TVC, im tryin to play that also.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
tvc is just as broke as mvc2...look at the vids. can't wait for sf4 though.

who from sova is going to crit/chu/ whatever it is lol

D0N

Smash Ace
tvc is just as broke as mvc2...look at the vids. can't wait for sf4 though.
i want to play both tvc and sf4. i need someone to practice playing on sticks with too. I hate sticks...

Toasty: im still going to the 13th. Not sure about the 20th so much anymore but ill let you know well in advance.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
i want to play both tvc and sf4. i need someone to practice playing on sticks with too. I hate sticks...
u ain't the only one who hates sticks. but i do wanna learn to play on sticks again.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol. gives you a reason to go to work

also i have two finals today but havent gone to sleep. OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAH

also, who wants to do me a big favor and give caboose the feeling that he isnt lonely?
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
its the myers briggs, and i wanted to post here to see if anyone actually has a result similar to mine (ISFP) since ALL of my friends save one (ENTJ) were INTJ or INTP. feel free to PM to not clog up post

mcalso: i wanna SF4 too T_T. those of you with sticks, could you post where you bought em/how much they were? afaik some people just get lucky and its there in the stores but i know a bunch just get them online (play asia?)

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
-boose I bought a Hori EX2 for 360 online... i googled it and got it for $45 bucks used. I'm designing art to replace it, and i'm gonna get it modded with japanese buttons. Which will cost me about $30, which isn't bad for a pretty good stick. I also plan to buy the Madcatz tournament edition Street Fighter 4 stick.

Hori:
http://www.google.com/products?q=ho...uggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1

Madcatz:
Tournament Editon
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228747948&sr=8-1

Regular Editon
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Figh..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228747948&sr=8-7

Going from Melee and Gamecube controller to Arcade Stick was tough but I'm getting used to it. Everyone get HD Remix so i can play you!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lmao @ mcalso

I think when I took that test a long time ago I got ENFP? Not sure...

Kadaj: Shiiiit that blows dude. If you're not going I probably won't either. It'll be much more manageable with my family if I only go to one of those though instead of two weekends back to back anyway.

D0N: if you didn't go on the 13th, would you be able to go on the 20th? or are you just uncertain about the 20th regardless?

gahhh I hate this **** :(

I'm DEFINITELY going to Chu's, though.

Lastly:
I ****ing love the commentary in this [if you watched any of the other vids from this tourney or read IV's post about it, you'll have already picked up on the "MITCHELL!!!" Tang fanboyism]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6BeVzcYxXg

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
sticks are getting ridiculous. i got mine for only $140 total. white sanwa with perfect 360. that's all you really need. <3. oh and a cool art design haha. i probably will get a japanese stick though just to have both and see which is good.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
sticks are getting ridiculous. i got mine for only $140 total. white sanwa with perfect 360. that's all you really need. <3. oh and a cool art design haha. i probably will get a japanese stick though just to have both and see which is good.
Oddly enough, the Madcatz sticks are all sanwa xD

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Its a one or the other thing. If you guys want to wait for the 20th then ill just go on the 20th.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
What up, SoVA?

I just wanted to see how many of you are planning on going to MAGfest 7 in January (1st - 4th) in Alexandria, VA?!

I am running the Brawl/Melee Tourneys. They won't be a complete joke like last year.

Top Bottom